Profile for Jeff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 - 3 Devices
Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 - 3 Devices
Price: $70.24
3 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars solid, reliable protection, December 9, 2014
I have been using Trend Micro's Internet Security on both Mac and PC for years, and I would highly recommend it. The Maximum Security package allows you to install the software on 3 computers, Mac and PC, and is a great value (especially here on Amazon). Trend Micro Internet Security performs well in independent tests from AV-Comparatives and AV-TEST, and provides solid protection with just the right balance of features for most users. Although it is somewhat slow when scanning, it does not bog down the system or use excessive system resources like some competing programs. It is easy to install and easy to use.

Mac users -- do not believe the myth that Macs are immune to viruses or malware. While it's true that OS X's architecture is more secure than Windows, Mac-specific malware does in fact exist. Trend Micro's Internet Security for Mac does a good job at protecting your system from these known threats, as well as protecting you from email phishing scams and malicious websites.

HISY Bluetooth Camera Remote for iPhone - Retail Packaging - White
HISY Bluetooth Camera Remote for iPhone - Retail Packaging - White
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars portable camera remote, October 16, 2014
This is a great little gadget to have on hand for taking selfies or any type of group photo you are in. The remote is pretty small -- about the diameter of a quarter but much thicker. It fits easy in your pocket, and is small enough to hold in your hand while posing in a photo. I recommend pairing this with a mini tripod for your iPhone.

iPhone 6 Case - KAYSCASE Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Apple iPhone 6 4.7 inch 2014 Version (Lifetime Warranty) (Black)
Offered by Kay's Technology
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fits like a glove, October 16, 2014
This is a great iPhone 6 case. It fights tightly and is made from a flexible plastic. The case is soft to the touch and has a matte finish. All of the cutouts and button covers are in the correct spot.

Yurbuds 95826VRP Ironman Inspire Talk Earbuds with 1-Button Microphone (Black)
Yurbuds 95826VRP Ironman Inspire Talk Earbuds with 1-Button Microphone (Black)
Price: $27.99
29 used & new from $8.42

3.0 out of 5 stars comfortable but cheap sounding, June 17, 2014
A common problem with in-ear headphones is that they are often not comfortable long-term, and fall out easy when doing anything other than sititng down. The yurbuds solve both of these problems. Their rubberized "Twist Lock" covers keep the headphones in place and makes them comfortable. I took a nice long walk and they stayed in the whole time, while other headphones would have fallen out. I really wanted to like them because of the Twist Lock design, but unfortunately yurbuds put no effort into making these sound good. They sound like cheap $10 headphones, not what you would expect for $30+. They have a flat, mid-range sound with poor bass and treble performance. Thankfully, since the yurbud headphone itself is a fairly traditional and basic design, their rubber Twist Lock covers will fit other headphones. I put them on my Apple earbuds (the older style ones) and it keeps them securely in place while delivering better sound. Yurbud should consider getting out of the headphone business and just sell the Twist Lock covers separately.

Lepow Moonstone 6000 mAh External Battery for Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Glossy Black
Offered by Lepow Official
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $24.98

5.0 out of 5 stars don't leave home without it, June 17, 2014
Instead of buying a new battery for my phone, I decided to get an external battery instead. This way I could use the battery to give my phone extra juice throughout the day. I am very pleased with the Moonstone battery. I have charged my phone to 100% and the Moonstone still has almost three-quarters charge left. There is plenty of capacity to charge more than one device without needing to immediately recharge the Moonstone. Physically it's about the size of a hockey puck (except square, obviously) and is comfortable to hold and light-weight. My only real complaint is that the normal-capacity charge port doesn't seem to be powerful enough to charge today's smartphones or tablets, requiring me to use the high-capacity every time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 1:20 PM PDT

Zirh International Warrior Collection Shower Gel - Alexander The Great 12 oz. Shower Gel Unisex

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you want to conquer Persia!, June 17, 2014
I seem to be on a never-ending quest to find the perfect body wash, so I decided to try out a couple of different varieties of Zirh. This one is my favorite. The smell is pleasant yet masculine, and stays with me through the day, which I like. The body wash has a nice lather and I feel it cleans well without drying my skin. The only thing I dislike about this product is the gaudy artwork on the label...

Anthony Logistics for Men Invigorating Rush Hair + Body Wash, 12 fl. oz.
Anthony Logistics for Men Invigorating Rush Hair + Body Wash, 12 fl. oz.
Price: $26.00
13 used & new from $26.00

3.0 out of 5 stars the smell..., June 8, 2014
The Good -- This body wash is invigorating feeling, as the name suggests. My skin doesn't feel dry like after using other body washes. It lather's nicely and seems to do a good job. It's refreshing to wash with. The Bad -- You know the fake pine scent they sell for artificial christmas trees? That is what this stuff smells like. When you shower, it smells like you are in the middle of a christmas tree farm, and afterwards you smell like one. Also my hair seemed more dry than usual after using it in place of shampoo.

Gevalia Dark Royal Coffee Pods, 12 Count
Gevalia Dark Royal Coffee Pods, 12 Count
Price: $7.25
7 used & new from $7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars great coffee, poor k-cup design, March 5, 2014
Taste is very subjective, so reviewing a food or beverage based on taste can be difficult. Personally, I enjoy the taste of this coffee and it is now my "go to" dark roast. This is a dark, smooth, and bold roast. Gevalia is a Swedish company, so their coffee tends to be darker and bolder, which is favored in Scandinavia and Northern Europe.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
Keurig's patents on the K-Cup capsule design expired in 2012, which unfortunately flooded the market with generic K-Cup capsule designs. Gevalia uses one of these generic designs which has a slightly different shape and has ridges on the sides. Unfortunately, as many other reviewers have pointed out, this capsule design does not seem to work well in Keurig brewers. However, there is a simple fix for this problem which should work every time: When you put the Gevalia K-Cup in the brewer, push it down to manually puncture the bottom, then close the top and brew like normal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2014 7:33 PM PDT

Neutroni Oslo Notebook 192 Ruled Pages Black A4
Neutroni Oslo Notebook 192 Ruled Pages Black A4

5.0 out of 5 stars quality notebook, February 22, 2014
I had previously written a less than flattering review of Neutroni's Berlin notebook, and the company was kind enough to send me a sample of their Oslo notebook as a better representation of their quality standards. The Oslo is definitely a higher quality product. It features a hard, study front and back cover, and strap to close it. The notebook lays flat and pages open well. I definitely recommend this notebook for people looking for a large notebook. Note that this is an A4-sized notebook, which is taller and slightly narrower than standard US-letter sized.

Satechi Touch USB LED Lamp
Satechi Touch USB LED Lamp
Offered by Satechi
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BYOB - Bring Your Own Base, February 9, 2014
I was looking for a small touch-control lamp that I could have next to my bed, and I decided to give this a try. I was hesitant at first to buy this lamp because it did not include a base, but now I realize that is what makes this design brilliant -- almost any type of container can be used as the base for this lamp (you could even make your own out of wood if desired). I tried several different glass bottles until I found the one I liked best. The lamp seems to work best in a bottle that has a narrow/tapered top -- like a glass soda, wine, or beer bottle. The lamp itself is great, and is the perfect size and brightness to have next to my bed. The touch-control is at the top and is easy to find in the dark. Also, being USB-powered, I was able to plug this into my alarm clock's USB port instead of wasting another outlet... It's a perfect desktop light. I definitely recommend this lamp to anyone who needs a small desktop lamp.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3