Profile for Robert Harris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Harris RSS Feed (Phoenix Az)

Page: 1 | 2
Gabriel G51087 Ultra Spring Seat
Gabriel G51087 Ultra Spring Seat
Price: $26.20
3 used & new from $26.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value with a Limited Lifetime Warranty, September 23, 2014
Great Strut for the Money. I had all 4 struts replaced on my 1998 Infiniti with 190k miles and it still had the original factory struts. I was getting no dampening with my old struts and also had vibration in the suspension. I shopped around for new struts and many of them had only 1 or 3 year warranties and were about the same price as the Gabriel limited lifetime warranty struts. I now have them installed and am rid of the vibration and am getting more dampening and less road noise. I'd certainly recommend Gabriel considering the limited lifetime warranty and their modest price.

VIZIO E291i-A1 29-Inch 720p 60Hz Smart Slim LED HDTV
VIZIO E291i-A1 29-Inch 720p 60Hz Smart Slim LED HDTV
Offered by SupremeElectronics
Price: $329.97
7 used & new from $160.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Smart TV Functionality, December 20, 2013
Let's face it...it's great to have the wireless device inside the TV instead of a separate wireless receiver and related extra remote. The picture quality is quite good but not quite as sharp as my existing Samsung Flat Screen TVs. I had to avoid Samsung since it didn't come with the Smart TV feature in a 29 inch TV. Another "stand out" feature is the sub-woofer and great speakers...what a super sound out of a 29 inch frame!!! The price is also very low for all the features that you get. I'd buy it again without any hesitation.....

Aroma AHP-312 Double Burner Hot Plate
Aroma AHP-312 Double Burner Hot Plate
Offered by HOUSEWARES
Price: $36.78
31 used & new from $26.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Exremely happy thus far, July 7, 2013
We've only used it two months now but so far it's quality and features are exactly what we wished for. I was a replacement of a fairly new Continental double hot place that had the coil type heating plates that wouldn't maintain the desired temperature (it would turn down the heat on it's own) This Aroma unit has the cast iron plates that heat up slowly but once it's to the desired temperature it stays there (meaning you can turn it off early and it keeping heating with a slow cool down). The hard rubber legs are very stable and the rest of the exterior seems to be made of high quality materials. Glad we bought this one!

Sony STRDH720 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony STRDH720 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by superior sales
Price: $319.95
3 used & new from $269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony continues to deliver quality, December 27, 2011
I bought the Sony STRDH720 after wanting to upgrade my Yamaha RXV363BK that only had 2 HDMI inputs. I also felt that the Yamaha was overly difficult to turn features on and off and so I was looking for a new receiver that had 4 HDMI inputs and was easy to use. I am running Mirage front speakes, Bose center speaker, and a K&H sub-woofer so either a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver would work for me. I wanted to buy a receiver that wasn't much over $300. I considered the Denon AVR1612, Yamaha RXV471, Onkyo TXNR509, Pioneer SX821K, and Sony STR-DH720. All of them have 4 HDMI inputs and the Denon seemed to have the easier to use system.
After looking at prices on Amazon and comparing the features that I wanted I decided that the Sony had the best features and a system that was nearly as easy to use as the Denon. The best part was that the Sony cost just over $200 compared to the Denon costing closer to $300.
I've only used my Sony for 1 week now and I'm totally impressed with it's easy to use ontrols and the quality of it's sound. The user manual was very easy to understand. I didn't use the GUI feature or auto speaker calibration since I wanted to go with the simplest set-up so I did the fastest hookup "out of the box"...and all speakers seem to work great together without spending extra time utilizing the auto calibration feature.
I had hoped that the "pass through" feature that this model showed on the box would work with my 46 inch LCD Samsung TV...but found that it would only work if I have a Sony Bravia TV (but the other brands didn't offer this feature regardless of TV). I read where one reader review stated that he could not get the HDMI input from his Direct TV Satellite Receiver to feed properly without using a digital audio cord but my HDMI cord worked perfectly without using the digital audio cord.
In summary, I couldn't be happier with this receiver and for me it was the perfect choice at a great price.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars It worked for 30 minutes or so before failing, December 9, 2010
I needed a tv of this size for my guest bedroom and didn't want to spend much. I had a older 26 inch in there that weighted a ton so felt it was time to go LCD...and this TV was miles cheaper than any thing else. I labored a great while in trying to mount the base to the tv...the 4 mounting screws need a specific size phillips head and they are deep within the tv base and hard to get started and I was afraid of stripping out the internal female sockets. I finally got it mounted and set it up in my cabinet. I then hooked up all my inputs from Direct TV. I then realized that my Direct TV receiver was not a HD receiver (so it didn't have HDI outputs). I then called Direct TV and asked about upgrading the receiver to a HD Receiver with HDI output and they advised me it would be $179 to change out the receivers (no thanks). I first tried playing a DVD in the player, it worked! Then I switched the tv input to 'cable' to read my Direct TV receiver feed and it showed the screen message 'choose the auto channel program'. I didn't know how to do that (what button do I push?). I checked the manual and still no help. Anyway, at that point I powered it down (to see if it would get past the message). When it came back up it didn't show anything but a grey screen (previously white). I tried every command on both the remote and tv but nothing but the power button worked. I then called isymphany support and they tried helping me. After realizing that no functions were working they said it must be an internal board failure. The DVD is still stuck in the machine but I'm going to have to return it with it still in since I don't want to chance trying to forcing it out and breaking something else. I wished I would have gotten a good unit since it was such a good price...maybe next time!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware before purchasing, December 2, 2010
With a new name like iSymphony I am careful before purchasing to make sure all the phone # info and warranty info is sound if there are issues after purchase. Well, if you go to the iSymphony website it shows under 'warranty' info a phone number of 216-454-0270 if you need to return your unit for warranty repairs. I called that phone # and it's giving me the automated message 'this number is no longer active...calls are being referred to 216-454-1001'. I called that number and I got a Fox International Electronic Parts Co. (they said they are a parts supplier for iSymphony and other brands of TVs). They then referred me to 866-278-5900. I called that number and got another parts firm called Encompass Parts (in Maryland). They explained that they are a 'third party' company for iSymphony products. Needless to say, iSymphony's website really leads you on a wild goose chase! By the way, the iSymphony website also says they are located in Canoga Park, CA but Encompass Parts says they are now in Van Nuys, CA. I like the features and low price of this TV but I'm now hesitating to make the purchase with such a misleading iSympony website....
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2011 9:13 AM PDT

Panasonic KX-TG6512B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone System, Black, 2 Handsets
Price: $49.95
36 used & new from $33.25

5.0 out of 5 stars It's top rated in October 2010's Consumer Reports, September 4, 2010
This cordless phone is top-rated in the October 2010 issue of Consumer Reports and after comparing it to a VTech wireless 6.0 phone that I recently purchased (and later returned) I can see why. It has large numbers on the display...a great feature for we seniors. It has a economy mode that powers down the phone until you walk up to it...and it then it beeps and turns the power on. It has lighted buttons at night...a great feature in my dimmly lit room. And, it is very clear and crisp when transmitting calls. My only issues is that sometimes the caller's voice fads out for afew moments but the VTech had the same problem so I think it's a directional thing within the walls of my home. You can buy the cheaper VTech or Uniden phones but for the few dollars extra I think the Panasonic is unmatched for both quality and features.

Delta Faucet 75520PB Universal Showering Components Traditional Style Five Spray Massage Hand Shower Unit, Polished Brass
Offered by Showerdoordirect
Price: $53.10
10 used & new from $48.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta means quality, August 18, 2010
I have three hand held shower faucets in my residence. They have become clogged with our hard water and I've needed to replace them. I replaced one with a Alson brand and wasn't really as happy as this Delta unit. I also like the black insert in the hand held shower head. My negative would be my preference to have the black collar piece in brass to match the hose and cradle but that's a minor thing. Overall, I like the looks and quality and also all the spray options as well.

GrandTec PC to TV EZ Converter GEZ-1000
GrandTec PC to TV EZ Converter GEZ-1000

4.0 out of 5 stars Limited Use, July 28, 2010
I bought this unit for hooking up my laptop computer to a hotel's large flatscreen when traveling. Unfortunately, most hotels have blocked extra tv inputs that this unit will hook up too. In essence, they want to block you from you watching your own movies rather than purchasing theirs. It works great on my home TVs but that's not why I wanted it. But the unit is very good quality with all the cords and hookups included.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2012 4:59 AM PDT

Toshiba 19CV100U 19-Inch 720p LCD/DVD Combo TV (Black Gloss)
Toshiba 19CV100U 19-Inch 720p LCD/DVD Combo TV (Black Gloss)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Happy, July 28, 2010
I have numerous LCD TVs but they are all larger than this one. I wanted a 19 inch for ease of portability and the ability to take it on trips and to be used in different rooms as needed. Without getting technical, this unit seems to have a very sharp picture, great contrast and brightness, and a easy to use remote right out of the box. The DVD player seems to be high quality and is worth the $80 extra over a non-DVD model. I'm sure you will be glad you chose this TV...it's a jewel.

Page: 1 | 2