Profile for Dick Berry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dick Berry RSS Feed (Albuquerque, NM United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
OXO Good Grips Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
OXO Good Grips Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
Price: $49.95
22 used & new from $42.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 23, 2015
These are classy shakers. Hefty and well made.

Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, Apricot
Chef'n Slicester Cheese Slicer, Apricot
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A good idea but not engineered well enough for the hard ..., January 20, 2015
We had to sharpen the blade to cut Tillamook blocks because the blade carrier jumps out of the track while cutting. A good idea but not engineered well enough for the hard jobs. It may do String Cheese well enough, but I don't know anyone that slices String Cheese. Perhaps Philly Cream Cheese is what the maker had in mind.

CUSTOM EASY BUTTON SURPRISE - NOW RECORD ANY 10 SECOND "SURPRISE" MESSAGE
CUSTOM EASY BUTTON SURPRISE - NOW RECORD ANY 10 SECOND "SURPRISE" MESSAGE
Offered by Vicale Corporation
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to program and reliable, January 20, 2015
This is my "Dumb A$$" button. I keep it on the dash and press it often. There is something about hearing it instead of saying it that relieves tension for me. The audio isn't Hi-Fi but my recording doesn't require me to be an audiophile.
Easy to program and reliable.

Waterloo PP-2314BK Specialty Series Plastic/Metal Portable Chest, 3-Drawers, 23-Inch, Black
Offered by Acme Tools
Price: $42.99
16 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this toolbox, January 20, 2015
I like this toolbox! It's a bit bigger than I visualized, but that's OK. The ABS is strong and the steel drawers are on good slides and well made. The top has a piano hinge all across the box and looks very sturdy. It's made in Mexico but I couldn't tell it till I read the box.

Velleman VTCTT Cable Tie Tool
Velleman VTCTT Cable Tie Tool
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $18.25
4 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing for my modern lifestyle!, January 20, 2015
This is a nice tool. There isn't any crazy linkage to get fouled up. It does leave the tension up to you which if you do cable ties shouldn't be a problem. A simple cutting knife when you decide it's correct. It's well made and should last for years. I worked on Aircraft for 34 years and this wouldn't be allowed because no calibration is required, OK by me in my retirement life, the FAA doesn't call the shots for me anymore.

Suzuki QC1 Q Chord Digital Sound Guitar
Suzuki QC1 Q Chord Digital Sound Guitar
Offered by Brook Mays
Price: $219.95
12 used & new from $207.96

5.0 out of 5 stars It's MORE than a TOY., December 26, 2014
The guy who gave this a one star doesn't have a clue how to use it. It is more than just a toy. Here are a couple examples of what can be done with this instrument:

or

UPDATE:(From my wife, who plays it): After playing with it for 2 years, I must say that I keep growing with this instrument. It is so much fun to be able to accompany myself and sing at the same time. Here's a set of songs that use a variety of the rhythms (some from the Qchord built-ins, some from the cartridges) and some with none of them (like Jim Croce's "Operator"). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL1qmHDRJ0zKrl2idm33E6LRboQIBY-Pn
My big tip for playing it is to hover the left middle finger over the signature key's button (if the song is in the key of "C", hover over the "C" button). That way, it's easy to remember to use the forefinger for 5th chords, ring finger for 4th chords and the thumb for most everything else. You'll be able to read and play without looking at your hands much that way. Plus, you'll start to relate to chord progressions, you'll start to see how keys change in songs, it's just a neat way to expand your music theory knowledge. Once you get to where the left hand is comfy, you can fiddle with the right hand to do more than just strum. I play it differently depending on whether I'm using the Piano voice, the Guitar voice, Harp, etc. - they all have different styles of fingering. The rhythms also encourage different fingering: For example, the "Boogie Woogie" rhythm makes me want to rock my right hand left-to-right to play octaves in a boogie woogie way - too fun!
Oh, and I agree with other reviewers: It sounds much, much better plugged into an amplifier, even a small practice amp.

Ceramifix .5 oz Bone Touch up Paint for Tile, Appliances and More
Ceramifix .5 oz Bone Touch up Paint for Tile, Appliances and More
Offered by Ceramifix LLC
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, October 16, 2014
(This review is by his wife) The bottle arrived quickly and I dove to the floor to give it a try. The instructions left me with questions so it took some experimenting to figure out the process that worked best for me: I clean the crack with alcohol on a cotton square, let it dry a few minutes, then paint the crack with a small dollop of Ceramifix, let that dry to the touch and peel along the crack with my thumbnail to remove the excess, finally wiping it down lightly with a damp paper towel. This method seems to use the paint more efficiently than smearing the paint on with my finger, and my thumbnail is flexible and thin enough to get the excess off without touching what's in the crack. We took a few pictures and posted them on our Skydrive here: http://1drv.ms/1odoQMi .I'm actually glad that it did not come with any kind of applicator because I think using a little paint brush gave me better control and is easier to clean than a tip attached to the paint bottle. One half-ounce bottle did about 30 linear feet of repair (and there's more in the bottle - I just can't tell how much because it's so thick). I think that this works great on our tile because it has several colors and textures, making the repair that much harder to spot.
Now time will tell: If this repair holds up for even just a year, it's an excellent solution to this cosmetic problem.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pentair R171097 Tube Support Spring Replacement Rainbow Automatic Chlorine/Bromine In-Line Pool and Spa Feeder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Discount_Pool_Zone
Price: $5.99
5 used & new from $2.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 5, 2014
A spring id a spring. It fits and does the intended job.

OWI Green Energy Toys Salt Water Fuel Cell Car DIY Kits
OWI Green Energy Toys Salt Water Fuel Cell Car DIY Kits

4.0 out of 5 stars A cool little toy, October 5, 2014
A cool little toy. I found the wheels a bit hard to get installed, but for the money it's interesting.

Sea Turtle [Download]
Sea Turtle [Download]
Price: $14.95

2.0 out of 5 stars My mistake, I thought this was a screen saver ..., October 5, 2014
My mistake, I thought this was a screen saver but it's just a stand alone program and because it's download retuning it isn't an option.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6