Profile for Kathryn Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kathryn Johnson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
CHRISTMAS HOME (Off World Series, Book 5): A Fantasy & Futuristic Romance Short Story
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing...and worth a read, December 6, 2014
Will Christmas still be just as special to people in the future? I rarely read science fiction, but this story intrigued me, making me think of our children's children, and what it might mean to them--wherever they are in the universe.

The 2 Day a Week Diet Cookbook: (5-2 Diet Recipes with Gluten-Free Options)
The 2 Day a Week Diet Cookbook: (5-2 Diet Recipes with Gluten-Free Options)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to Earth and Practical, January 16, 2014
The chiopino alone I could enjoy whether dieting or not. wonderful! I was amazed by how satisfying so many of these dishes are. My major problem is snacking between meals. I worry that the calorie intake of almost anything is to high. But this book gives me some good choices. This isn't a fancy-schmancy cookbook that requires a lot of cooking knowledge or prep time. Quite down to earth, which I appreciate. I just don't have time during the day to concoct elaborate meals. So, for me, this fits my lifestyle.

Happy Any Day Now
Happy Any Day Now
by Toby Devens
Price: $12.07
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Real people, really, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Happy Any Day Now (Paperback)
When I pick up a novel these days, I have one simple way of testing whether or not I will read past the first two pages and actually buy it. The characters need to speak to me. They need to convince me that they are real people who laugh, or sing, or worry, or cry. They can't be cookie cut outs or stand-ins for human beings, or something out of a TV sitcom. If I wanted that, I could watch a TV sitcom. Right? The characters, Judith in particular, in Happy Any Day Now, step off the page and take me by the hand. I love them. I wish there were more novels like this. I'd buy more books if there were. I highly recommend this book for anyone who feels the same way that I do about their reading material

The London of Jack the Ripper: Then and Now
The London of Jack the Ripper: Then and Now
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing photos!, January 3, 2013
For a peek into the London of old, this book is excellent. Both photographs and descriptions of the old neighborhoods, compared to what's there now. Well organized.

The Maid's Tale: Life Below Stairs as It Really Was (Lives of Servants)
The Maid's Tale: Life Below Stairs as It Really Was (Lives of Servants)
by Tom Quinn
Price: $10.75
87 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The way it was..., January 3, 2013
A fascinating glimpse into turn of the century London and working in service. All narrated by Ms. Plummer. Good for research purposes.

Simply Sensational Cookies
Simply Sensational Cookies
by Nancy Baggett
Price: $19.88
67 used & new from $8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cookies, Amazing Recipes, October 23, 2012
I can't say how thrilled I am to have found this cookbook. The timing couldn't have been better, just as I'm gearing up for the holidays. (Yes, I even give out cookies for Halloween!) I love to do my own "testing" of new cookie recipes before I start baking for holiday cookie swaps and packaging gifts for my neighbors. So I've been sampling recipes from Simply Sensational Cookies, and do you know what? They really are sensational. The recipes are clearly written, easy to follow, and so far, every one has gotten rave reviews from the family. Hard to pick a favorite.

Dark Powers (Decorah Security Series, Book #5): A Paranormal Romantic Suspense Novel
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Starts with a Bang!, October 10, 2012
If there's one thing York knows how to do well it's start a novel with a bang and keep the reader turning pages with non-stop action. Ben Walker leaps out of his car in the second paragraph of Dark Powers, rescuing Sage Arnold from a speeding vehicle that may or may not have intended to hit her. After that, not a scene is wasted as the reader joins Ben and Sage in their adventures. Her sister has gone missing, and signs point to violence and possible human trafficking...but who can tell what they'll encounter along the way or ultimately discover about Laurel's fate? Spending time together, up close and personal, leads to sexy complications, as in all of Rebecca York's novels. This new addition to the Decorah Security series won't disappoint her fans.

Highland Healer (Highland Talents Book 1)
Highland Healer (Highland Talents Book 1)
Price: $4.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush details and atmosphere, October 4, 2012
If you're going to read a novel about the Scottish Highlands, you'll want a story with lush details that transport you there. This is that kind of book. The author has a natural feel for time and place. Loved it! Kathryn Johnson, aka Mary Hart Perry The Wild Princess: A Novel of Queen Victoria's Defiant Daughter

Dark Moon
Dark Moon
by Rebecca York
Price: $9.99
32 used & new from $5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars In the mood for a sexy read?, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Dark Moon (Paperback)
There are some nights when you want a good mystery, others when you long for a sweet romance...and then there are those when a sexy, sexy book is what you hunger for and nothing less will do. This is a good one for those times--a hero and heroine who attract each other in every possible way and somehow, amidst the high-paced drama, find moments to ravage each other. A satisfying and dark adventure to savor with a glass of wine before slipping off to bed with your partner.

No Longer A Gentleman (The Lost Lords series Book 4)
No Longer A Gentleman (The Lost Lords series Book 4)
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Characters I Could Hug, May 9, 2012
To me, characters are first and foremost. Without lovable characters, I simply don't care about plot or setting. And sex scenes don't mean a thing if the characters fail to come to life. Putney's hero and heroine in this novel captured me from the get-go. I absolutely needed to finish the book to see what happened to them. It takes a deft hand for an author to pull this off. I put down so many novels and never finish them because I don't connect with the people in them. This is a book I will return to when I want to visit friends. The Gentleman Poet: A Novel of Love, Danger, and Shakespeare's The Tempest

Page: 1 | 2