Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for M. Erb > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 71950

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Erb RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Encust Shell Holster Combo Case for Apple iPhone 6/6S with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip Holster includes 1-year Warranty (At&t, Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint) (iPhone 6/6s (4.7" display))
Offered by MAGG SHOP
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and reasonably priced. But it does leave the top and bottom edges of your phone somewhat vulnerable, July 24, 2016
Length:: 3:59 Mins

This is a review of the Encust combo case for iPhone6/6s. I received a free sample for review.

I've got this seemingly identical case for my iPhone5s but under a different brand name. Apparently this is a private label product which means you might find this same case being sold under different names by different sellers. In any case, I like a lot of things about this case but do have one reservation about it which I'll get to in a moment.

The case has a nice textured surface which makes it grippy in my hand. I never feel like my phone is just about ready to slip out of my grasp. This is a two part case and the part that your phone clips into has a very useful kickstand feature. When extended the phone is able to sit on a table in either portrait or landscape orientation. This is great when watching video or reading. When not in use the stand folds absolutely flush with the case and you'd almost never know it was there unless you looked carefully.

The case can then slip into the belt clip shell. The shell has a somewhat sturdy clip that can rotate 180 degrees. The case slips relatively securely into the shell and although I don't often use the shell when carrying my phone, it's nice to know that you can clip this to your belt or pants if you wish.

The only reservation I really have is that the case leaves the top and bottom edge of my iPhone unprotected. After about 6 months of using this same style case on my iPhone5s, I noticed many tiny nicks on both top and bottom edges of my phone. Of course I don't like that but if you are careful... ie: don't put phone in the same pocket with loose change, etc, you may not have the same experieince.

Overall I like this case. It's functional, feels good in my hand and isn't all that thick at all.

iPhone 6s Case, Benuo [Classic Mix Series] Premium Genuine Leather Case [Card Slot], Ultra Slim Fit Leather Case Back Cover [Business Style] for Apple iPhone 6 / 6s 4.7 inch (Mix Brown)
Offered by Benuo US
Price: $43.99
2 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It looks nice but already the leather flap has torn away from the stitching & it leaves the edges of my phone unprotected, July 22, 2016
Length:: 3:04 Mins

This is a review of the Benuo iPhone6s case. I received a free sample for review.

I was looking forward to getting this case to review since the photos of it looked quite nice. The reality is that the case disappoints me for several reasons.

The case had a chemical odor... perhaps glue. The card flap on the back of the case has already ripped away from the stitching in only a few days of use. The flap is also quite creased with only minimal use.

Another big issue is that the case does not protect all the edges of the iPhone. There are large areas of edge... the complete bottom and top as well as around the buttons on both sides, that leave the metal case of the phone vulnerable to nicks and scratches.

I do like the extra grippiness of the phone with the case on and I think it looks nice. Unfortunately the quality is just not quite there for me.

The case is OK.

(2016 Model) Nucharger 5000mAh Sleek Design External Battery Case For iPhone 6 / 6S (4.7") Power Pack Backup Power Bank with LED indicator, free MFI lightning cable and tempered glass (Black)
Offered by Nuvending

3.0 out of 5 stars It does not provide much protection to your phone and it is quite thick and heavy., July 22, 2016
Length:: 2:41 Mins

This is a review of the 5000mAh battery case for iPhone 6/6s. I received a free sample for review.

It's heavy, it doesn't protect the top or side edges of my phone and I don't feel that my phone is totally secure in the case. I would wager that the phone could easily pop out of the case if it were dropped.

And another huge issue for me is that there is no lip around the edge of the case so if my phone falls face down, the display is going to hit hard since there is no lip to protect it.

The weight alone is a turn-off for me. After holdlng the phone to my ear for a few minutes I begin to realize just how much extra weight this adds.

It does work and I do like that I can plug a lightning cable into the case to charge it rather than using a microUSB cable like so many other battery cases use.

Nuptse Himalayan Salt Lamp I Modern Design Natural Crystal LED Mood Lighting I Eco Friendly Home Decor

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully unique, but way too bright for my taste., July 19, 2016
This is a review of the Himalayan Natural Salt Lamp. I received a free sample for review.

Not everyone will appreciate this light, but I happen to think it is beautiful and unique. It is basically a large square chunk of salt that has a very interesting series of veins running through it of various darknesses. 3 groups of LED's shine brightly through the chunk of salt, thus heating the salt which in turn throws off negative ions with purported health benefits. I can't speak to the supposed health benefits, but I can definitely speak about the beautiful look of this simple, yet so intriguing salt lamp.

The chunk of salt has a hole bored into its bottom. This hole sits over the LED light module which itself is screwed into the plastic base of the lamp. It is powered by a 12V power adapter.

My issue with the light and the reason I've only given it 4 stars, is because the light is very bright and it does not have a dimming capability. If this light had a dimming capability, It would be perfect.

Also included is a plastic bag in which the cube of salt can be placed when the light is not in use. You may not ever have to use the bag, but in some environments, the salt will cause water to condense on the salt if the lamp is not on. when the lamp is on the salt is warmed enough to usually keep any condensation off the salt but when at room temperature in humid environments, you may see water on the salt.

A gorgeous and unique lamp. I just wish you could adjust the brightness.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iPhone 6 Case, JETech Apple iPhone 6/6s Case Shock-Absorption Bumper and Anti-Scratch Clear Back for iPhone 6s iPhone 6 4.7 Inch (HD Clear) - 0661
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the money., July 18, 2016
This is a review of the JETech iPhone6s case, crystal clear.

In a nutshell, I really like this case. It's 1/4 the cost of similar cases that I saw in Verizon store but equal in quality. It goes on my phone very easily yet once it's on, there is no way it will accidentally come off.

The "naked" iPhone6s feels very slippery in my hand. It's so thin compared to my 5s that I'm always feeling like it's going to slip right out of my hand. This case solves that problem. With this case on my phone, I no longer feel like it is slippery. It's also very thin and minimalistic.

It has a bit of a lip around the entire edge on back and front which is great because if your phone does drop and lands screen side down, the screen will be more protected because of the lip.

I also like the entire edge of the phone is covered by the case since it wraps around the edge all the way around. I've had other cases on my 5s that left either the top, bottom or both edges open and thus prone to getting scratches, nicks etc. This case doesn't let that happen.

The cutouts are pretty accurate although the camera lens cutout is not absolutely precise. However it does not affect picture taking in any way, so it's no big deal.

I'm miffed by the reviews that say this case caused scratches on the back of their phone. I think any case will allow little particles to work their way in and to the back of the case, but if you take the case off once in a while and wipe off the case and phone, this should not occur.

As for the crystal clear case becoming cloudy or discolored after some time... Hey, it's a $6 case... I don't expect it to last forever.

This is a nice minimalistic case that provides good grip on the phone and it's working for me really well.

Mudder Fast Battery Charger for Syma X8C, X8W, X8G Venture RC Quadcopter
Mudder Fast Battery Charger for Syma X8C, X8W, X8G Venture RC Quadcopter

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced and similar in quality to the original, July 16, 2016
This is a review of the Mudder Fast Battery Charger for Syma X8C.

I misplaced my original charger and needed to buy a replacement. This was reasonably priced and as far as I can tell, operates identically to the original. It's of similar quality, which is to say, typical imported quality for this type of device.

It works and the price was right.

Tech Armor HD Clear Screen Protectors for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch), 3 Pack
Tech Armor HD Clear Screen Protectors for Apple iPhone 6 (4.7 inch), 3 Pack
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy to install as glass screen protectors. Can't be repositioned very easily, if at all., July 16, 2016
UPDATE: 7/18/2016 - The company responded within 24 hours and suggested I go to a website to initiate a reorder request. The website form they directed me to did not work so I used the other option they gave me to email them my order number, name, etc. Then I got another email from them asking me to use the form again. I had to respond once again with my info I had already sent them and explain to them that their form did not work. A bit of a hassle, but they are processing a new order for me. My opinion of the protector hasn't changed but they do get good marks for customer service despite the online form not working

---

This is a review of Tech Armor HD clear screen protectors for iPhone6s.

Compared to the price you will pay at a Verizon or AT&T store for a comparable PET screen protector, these are very inexpensive. However these types of screen protectors are not nearly as easy to put on when compared to a glass screen protector. It is much easier to position the glass screen protectors and even reposition them if you are very careful.

My experience with this one was not great. My fist attempt to install it resulted in it being slightly skewed on the screen of my iPhone. I deliberately didn't let if fully touch the entire glass so I could gently lift if off if necessary to reposition it. However when I did that, it never was able to lay completely flat at the bottom. So I ripped it off, cleaned the glass again and installed a second screen protector. This time a piece of dust settled on the glass which I did not notice and that left a bubble under the screen protector which could not be squeeged out since it was dust and not simply air.

These are just OK. I've asked the company for a refund or replacement under the terms of their satisfaction guarantee. Let's see how quickly they respond. I'll update as necessary.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2016 2:25 AM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, just do your research about what possible risks there are putting certain items in an ultrasonic cleaner, July 14, 2016
This is a review of the Saeveck Ultrasonic cleaning machine. I received a free sample for review.

I've been intrigued by ultrasonic cleaners for a long time but have never used one. Finally got the chance to review one and am generally impressed with the results.

A caveat however, you should be very careful about what you attempt to clean in an ultrasonic cleaner. Check with a jeweler before putting diamonds or other valuable items in it. Diamonds for instance could be damaged if they have inclusions. And certain coatings on lenses could also be damaged when put in an ultrasonic cleaner. Do your research before putting things in the cleaner if you have any doubts.

What is great about this is that is uses plain water. You can also add a detergent if you wish, but in many cases, water is all it takes. The controls are simple and you simply select the amount of time you wish it to operate. You can stop it at any time.

I have a watch with a fine mesh band that gets dirty and is a pain to clean. In the ultrasonic cleaner, the dirt could be seen literally streaming off the watch band. The water was very cloudy afterwards. I was careful not to put the entire watch in, just the band sections. You can see the before and after pictures how effective it was.

I took this apart to look at the circuit board and it is put together nicely. Clean work on the solder joints.

My only complaint is the squishy feeling of the buttons.

Overall a useful device.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Happy Belly Whole California Almonds, 16 oz, Pack of 2
Happy Belly Whole California Almonds, 16 oz, Pack of 2
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh tasting almonds from an Amazon private label brand; Happy Belly., July 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a review of Happy Belly Whole Almonds, pack of 2.

If you aren't aware, Happy Belly is one of several new private label brands that Amazon itself has introduced.

These almonds are in a resealable plastic bag. If you are an almond lover but like dry roasted almonds, you might not care for these so much since these have a softer, chewier texture. I happen to like them and these work well in my Vitamix to make almond butter.

The price is reasonable and they seem fresh. I like that the bag can be resealed to keep them that way.

Fly12 - 1080p HD Camera and 400 Lumen Bike light
Fly12 - 1080p HD Camera and 400 Lumen Bike light
Price: $349.00
2 used & new from $349.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great video quality and bright headlight., July 7, 2016
Length:: 7:21 Mins

This is a review of the Cycliq Fly12 Bike Headlight & HD video camera. I received a free sample for review.

Unfortunately whatever Amazon has done through it's video processing to the video I uploaded has completely borked the video quality. I've uploaded the same video to my YouTube channel if you want to see it in higher quality.

I had already been using the Fly6 tail light/video recorder and consider it essential. It's bright and the video capture is very good. The Fly12 steps up the video quality with HD 1080p video capture in MP4 format. It records as soon as it is turned on which I love. You don't have to remember to turn on video recording... when the unit is on it's recording. Turn it off, it stops recording. And if you forget to turn it off, the Fly12 will shut itself off if it does not detect movement within 15 minutes.The wide field of view captures everything in front of you and it is sharp and bright. Low light performance is quite good too.

The Fly12 uses both Bluetooth and WiFi to connect to your smartphone. Clever that it uses both ways to connect depending on what you need to do. WiFi is for streaming the video for viewing on your phone, while the bluetooth mode is just for changing settings and also uses less power I assume. If you don’t use the app because you don’t have a smartphone, you can still change settings by using the config.txt file on the memory card and writing the parameters to it. You do this when the camera is connected to your computer via USB cable.

The Fly12 has both audio alerts and an LED indicator to let you know what’s going on. For instance, I am color blind so it’s very difficult for me to distinguish between a red or green LED indicator. So to have an audible indication of battery level as soon as I turn on the unit is excellent for me. There is a corresponding audible alert for practically every LED indicator. Regarding the LED indicator, it is located on the top of the Fly12 assuming you have the Fly12 mounted on the top of your handlebar. If you mount the Fly12 under your handlebar, then you won’t be able to see the LED indicator. Maybe it would have been better to have the LED indicator on the back of the unit. But in any case, the audible alerts mitigate that issue somewhat as long as you can remember what the various beeps mean.

The headlight is very nice. Some headlights I've used have a very hot center spot and then the peripery light drops off quickly. The light on this has a more even level of brightness from edge to edge but it is somewhat brighter in the center. It casts a bright light and has 10 possible settings. There is steady, sequential flash and fast flash and each of those modes can be set at High, Medium or Low brightness. The 10th mode is studio mode which is a lower light level that you can use if you just want to record video and have some fill light. The flashing modes are great for daytime use.

The iPhone app is really essential to get full use out of the Fly12. Using the app you are able to program the Fly12 so that you don't have to cycle through all the light modes to get to the one you want. You can "hide" the modes you don't want to cycle through. Nice feature. The app also allows you to view video that the Fly12 has captured as well as change video resolution. The video resolutions available are:

1920x1080p 45 fps
1920x1080p 30 fps (default)
1280x720p 60 fps
1280x720p 30 fps

The Fly12 comes preinstalled with 16GB memory. Video takes up a lot of space and a 32GB (or maximum 64GB card) is probably in your future. The Fly12 records both full HD video as well as a smaller thumbnail version.

5 minutes = 42.1 MB for thumbnail video
5 minutes = 755 MB for 1080p video

Video is recorded in 5 minute segments. If you are riding and witness an incident of some sort, you can give the WiFi button a quick press and it will lock the current and previous video segments to prevent them from being overwritten. Great feature.

The Fly12 is not a lightweight, weighing in at 255 grams (8.99 oz.) But when you consider that it is both a video recorder and a headlight, it’s not -that- heavy. You do have to consider the benefits the Fly12 provides and put that weight into perspective.

A great safety feature is that if you crash and the bike falls over, video will continue to be recorded for 30 minutes. There is also an awesome alarm feature. If enabled, your Fly12 will start beeping and the light will start flashing if your bike is moved. When the app is running, your smartphone will sound an alarm as well. Give you some peace of mind if you must leave your bike unattended for brief periods of time.

I don’t use Strava, but if you do, the Fly12 interfaces with it. You can overlay your starva metrics and tramline onto your video. I have not used this feature yet but it looks very interesting and would be very helpful to have your ride metrics on riding videos that you might upload to YouTube or elsewhere.

With the Fly12 on my handlebars and the Fly6 under my seat, I feel much safer on the road and know that video is recorded in front and behind.

What I don't particularly care for is the mounting hardware. It won't accommodate thin diameter handlebars. However since the Fly12 uses a GoPro style mounting bracket you can use GoPro style handlebar mounts. This also lets you use the Fly12 on a extender pole as a conventional video recorder… that’s pretty handy.

Overall this is impressive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20