Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for M. Erb > Reviews

Browse

M. Erb's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2342
Top Reviewer Ranking: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Erb RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Litom Bright 60 LED Solar Powered Security Lights Waterproof Outdoor Motion Sensor Lighting for Wall , Patio, Garden, Landscape, Deck, Shed, Lawn
Offered by HaborDirect
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $31.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective brightness and good adjustability of the sensor., May 24, 2016
Length:: 1:29 Mins

This is a review of the Litom 60 LED solar powered security light. I received a free sample for review.

Although the overall build quality is just good enough, as usual with most of these imported lights that I've seen, it could be made more robustly and I wish it were. But still, this is a notch above most of the other garbage that I see. The light this produces is bright and works well. The sensitivity controls allow good adjustment and the sensor has excellent range of movement. The hanging bracket could be beefier. I like that the solar panel has a decent length of cord which allows easier placement relative to where the light is being positioned.

FAST Wet-Applied Coating. One 5-Minute Application to Shine and Protect ALL Exterior Car Surfaces - Tech Shine 16oz Bottle & Pad
Offered by Aerolon - Tech Shine & Show Polish
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply and leaves an impressively shiny finish., May 24, 2016
Length:: 2:19 Mins

This is a review of Aerolon Tech Shine. I received a free sample for review.

I'm impressed with this product. It's about as easy to apply as any car product I've ever used. After washing your car, you leave the car wet and simply squirt a small quantity of Tech Shine onto the included foam pad. I don't think I used more than an ounce of product for my entire car. A little bit goes a long way. You can apply this onto the glass and any plastic trim too. It doesn't require any muscle power to work it into the finish, just a light touch is needed. After you apply it to the entire car you simply rinse it off the car and then dry the car with soft towels. I use micro fiber towels which worked pretty well and leave no lint.

When you are done you will see a radiantly shiny car. Water just rolls right off the finish and it makes washing the car the next time even easier. It's really quite impressive and much easier than waxing your car which requires more muscle and takes much longer. Although I would not say this was a "5-minute" application as the marketing suggests, but it certainly applies as quick as you can work since you don't have to do much other than gently apply it to the wet surface then rinse it off and dry the car. Total time for my car was about 25 minutes including the washing and drying.

I recommend this.

Goluk T1 Car Dash Cam,FHD 1080P Car DVR with Wi-Fi Direct Sharing Dashboard Camera Vedio Recorder G-sensor, Grey
Offered by Goluk Direct
Price: $229.99
2 used & new from $129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, good video quality and great low-light performance. Easy sharing of video to social media sites., May 14, 2016
Length:: 7:11 Mins

This is a review of the Goluk T1 Wi-Fi Dashcam. I received a free sample for review.

I've used several other dashcams but this is the first I"ve used with Wi-Fi. The dashcam does not have any controls on it. All the settings for the operation of the dashcam are controlled from the Goluk app. In other words, you need to use a smartphone with the dashcam in order to realize the full potential of this Wi-Fi dashcam. The dashcam creates it's own Wi-Fi signal that you connect your smartphone to. Once you've made that connection you are able to change settings, view videos stored on the dashcam as well as view videos that have been transferred to your smartphone.

The field of view of the dashcam is quite wide so you do get some distortion. Video is 1080p and recorded in MP4 format, either high or medium resolution and is time/date stamped. The video is recorded onto a microSD card (recommended class 10 or higher.). I'm using a 32GB card. Although the video quality looks good on my smartphone, looking at it on a large screen reveals some lack of sharpness and definition. But the camera handles direct sunlight well as can be seen in my video. And I feel that low light performance is quite good... much better than other dashcams that I've used.

The social sharing feature of the app is what makes this unique to the other dashcams. Using the separate remote control button lets you trigger the dashcam to record a 12 second clip and a single still shot. This is stored on your smartphone and can easily be shared to various social media sites.

There are some real advantages to having Wi-Fi on a dashcam. Using your smartphone to see a live feed of the video is quite cool and eliminates the need for the dashcam to have its own screen which means the dashcam can be smaller.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with this dashcam. It's easy to setup and get going and the social sharing of video is fun and easy to accomplish. Video quality is good enough but not the best I've seen, however low light performance is very good. It is easily possible to use an external power bank to provide power to this dashcam which means you can use this in other places other than on the windshield of your car.

I do not care for the large GOLUK logo that is superimposed over the video and still shots in the left hand upper corner. Very obnoxious. It's also frustrating to me that I can't directly hardwire this to the car electrical system since it requires 5V rather than 12V. I would have to include an adapter in the installation in order to do that. There is only a single resolution possible and that is 1080P.

Included are 2 sticky pads for the camera mount, 2 sticky pads for the remote control, 8 clips for cable routing, a long USB to microUSB cable and a car power adapter with 2-1A USB outputs.

[LeisureUPTM ] 2nd Generation 2-Opening Design Inflatable Air Lounger Bubble with Pockets for Outdoor Camping Hiking BBQ as a Couch Sofa Bed or Hammock (Blue)
Offered by Gommle
Price: $54.99

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a novelty than something I'd use and enjoy. But you may like., May 13, 2016
Length:: 2:13 Mins

This is a review of the LeisureUP 2nd Generation Air Bag. I received a free sample for review.

To me, an air bag is someone who talks too much. But this Air Bag is an inflatable polyethylene and polyester cloth bag that you inflate by flailing it through the air and then quickly closing the end you are holding, rolling it in a couple times to seal the end and finally clipping the nylon buckle closed. It is somewhat like a huge version of a dry bag that you might use for storing stuff in when near the water as far as how it is constructed and closed.

In any case, this takes some practice to fill with air. Once you get enough air in it you can roll the end in several times to compress the air a bit more to give you a firmer "bed."

Honestly, I would never be able to sleep on this. I fear I'd either roll out of it or just be too uncomfortable to be able to sleep for very long. Unless you are nimble, just getting out of this is a bit tricky. I actually sort of roll out of it rather than exit gracefully. Getting in it isn't bad... I just straddle my legs over the middle and sort of plop myself down into it.

In any case, this seems pretty well constructed but I just don't see using it much. Maybe if I were in my teens it might have more appeal. It's OK, but not anything I would use regularly. It is extremely portable and easy to take with you just about anywhere however. For relaxing, I'll take a hammock any day over this. It seems this is more of a "hot" new thing that you'll see everywhere for a while, then it will slowly go away.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2016 6:36 PM PDT

Big Skinny Men's Slimline Bi-Fold Slim Wallet, Black
Big Skinny Men's Slimline Bi-Fold Slim Wallet, Black
Price: $24.73
7 used & new from $22.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost magic how much you can put in this wallet, yet it remains slim, May 12, 2016
This is a review of the Big Skinny Men's Slimline Bi-Fold Slim Wallet.

I bought this wallet sort of on an impulse almost two years ago. It sat on my desk under a pile of stuff until I "found" it again a couple months ago.
I retired my leather tri-fold wallet and miraculously was able to put nearly everything that was in my old wallet in this Big Skinny wallet. Not only is there a lot of slots for credit cards, the bills section is divided which makes it easy for me to keep receipts on one side, money on the other.

It's kind of a miracle how so much can fit in this wallet yet still remain slim. I love it.

Ade Advanced Optics NU80822 Crusader 8x 22mm Compact Binocular
Ade Advanced Optics NU80822 Crusader 8x 22mm Compact Binocular
Offered by sportswarehouse
Price: $31.99
3 used & new from $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great grab-n-go, compact and lightweight binoculars that provide 8x magnification., May 11, 2016
Length:: 3:07 Mins

This is a review of ADE 8x22mm binoculars. I received a free sample for review.

When asked to review these I shied away at first. I didn't want to waste my time reviewing what I was sure would be a junky pair of cheap binoculars. Well, surprise. Now that I have them I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. For under $30 you are getting a very compact, very lightweight pair of 8x22 binoculars.

A basic yet functional velcro closure carry case with belt loop is included. You also get a wrist lanyard and microfiber cloth for cleaning the lens elements.

The field of view is 393 feet at 1,000 yards and you can focus on objects as close as about 6'. The specs say 6'6" is the closest but for my eyes, I could focus sharply on subjects as close as 6'.

For hiking and casual bird watching, these are very useable. Particularly for hiking, the light weight (only 6 ounces) make these an ideal hiking companion. The binoculars provide 8x magnification.

Each eyepiece has an eyecup that can be folded down to enable you to use these if you wear eyeglasses. Not an ideal situation to be sure, but if you wear eyeglasses it may be your only option. However I wear eyeglasses and I find that the binoculars, along with the diopter adjustment on the right eyepiece allow me to use these without my glasses on. So I leave the eyecups up and use them that way.

The only two little issues I experienced are:
- the center adjustment knob has a rubber cover over it that slips. A bit of a nuisance but these are still useable.
- there are no lens caps included so you have to be more careful when these are not being used.

I don't know how much better you can get at under $30. Are they the highest quality optics at this price? Let's say that they are good enough for the price and then some. I'll definitely take these with me when hiking since they are so small and light to carry.

philosophy renewed razor sharp for men cleansing shave cream, 5 fl. oz
philosophy renewed razor sharp for men cleansing shave cream, 5 fl. oz
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives me a smooth shave and leaves my skin feeling conditioned., May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a review of philosophy for men, 2-in-1 cleansing shave cream.

It makes total sense to me to have a face cleansing cream that can also double as a shaving cream. When traveling, I often don't have shaving cream with me, so I'll use hair shampoo, hair conditioner or just plain old bar soap to provide the necessary coating on my face to shave with. So why not just incorporate a cleanser right into the shave cream? Well, apparently that's exactly what philosophy has done with this.

I like it. It has a pleasant fragrance. However, I can understand that some people may be put off by the fragrance. That's a personal choice.

As for its exfoliating properties, I can't say I notice. As a shave cream it's great. I use a small dollop and massage it over my face and neck like I would any shave cream. This is a cream too... it does not lather. It allows me to shave closely and afterwards my skin does feel like it has been conditioned.

I know it's probably a mental block, but I have a problem putting more of this on my face after I've shaved for use as an after-shave conditioner for my skin. I find that my skin is conditioned enough after using it to shave so that eliminates the need to reapply a small amount afterwards.

In any case and no matter how you choose to use it, I like it simply as an effective shaving cream that lets me get a close shave, leaves my skin soft and has a nice subtle fragrance that I like.

CableCreation Apple MFi Certified Metal Plug Cotton Jacket Lightning to USB Cable - 15CM for iPhone 6/6S/5/5S/5C, 3-Pack, Gold/Silver/Black
Offered by CableCreation
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $14.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for using with a battery pack, May 9, 2016
Length:: 1:52 Mins

This is a review of CableCreation MFI certified lightning cables. I received a free sample for review.

I like these short cables. I use them when I carry a battery pack for charging my iPhone while traveling. The short cable is much easier to deal with. Importantly, this is MFI certified which means you should never get the message popping up on your screen that the cable is incompatible with your device. Any cable can fray and eventually break, especially where it enters the plug housing. That's why it's important not to over flex that area.

These work for me so far and if it ever does fail, I'll update my review.

CumulusPRO® Commercial Couture® Strata Slate Grey Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat, Office Mat, Stand Up Desk Mat, Kitchen Mat 24 in. x 36 in. x 3/4 in.
Offered by Imprint® Comfort Mats
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable, firm, non-curl edge and non-slip bottom, May 8, 2016
Length:: 2:01 Mins

This is a review of the Imprint® CumulusPRO™ Couture® Strata Anti-Fatigue Comfort Mat. I received a free sample for review.

I recently started using a comfort mat in my kitchen. It is placed in front of the sink and what a comfortable difference it has made. The mat I was using was noticeably softer than the CumulusPro Couture Strata. Lest you think that softer is better, I'd actually preferring the CumulusPro mat specifically because it is a firmer, yet still very comfortable mat to stand on. You see, if you are standing for a longer period of time, the softer mat turns out not to be the best choice for me. Firmer is better in this case.

The mat has an extremely effective non-slip surface on the bottom. In fact, on my hardwood floors, it is almost as if it is stuck to the floor. It does not even come close to slipping.

The top surface is textured but still easy to wipe clean. And the edges of the mat stay flat on the floor and do not curl up at all.

A very nice comfort mat. And the generous size makes it great for a standing desk scenario. 24" x 36".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2016 9:56 AM PDT

LifeStar - Apple Certified Handcrafted Designer Cable [LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY]  Australian Original Design | Leather PU Collection - Vintage Tan | 40"/1m
2 used & new from $169.20

1.0 out of 5 stars My iPhone actually discharges while connected to this cable and a charger, May 6, 2016
Length:: 1:36 Mins

This is a review of the LifeStar Lightning cable. I received a free sample for review.

Unfortunately this cable actually causes my iPhone to discharge when plugged into a USB charger. Yes it's true.

I connected a USB current checker to my charger and when I plug the cable into the USB checker and then connect the cable to my iPhone, the USB current checker reveals that the cable is not delivering any current to my iPhone. If I immediately disconnect this cable and either swap it with my normal Lightning cable or turn the lightning connector plug around and replug it into my phone, the USB current checker reveals that the iPhone is being charged with .87A.

Regardless of what this cable looks like, or feels like... it isn't working for me reliably.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20