Profile for M. Erb > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Erb RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
Offered by Girly Giggles Toy Shop LLC
Price: $64.00
6 used & new from $47.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Toasts bread pretty evenly and seems decent, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 4:05 Mins

This is a reasonably capable toaster oven. It toasts bread relatively evenly and is an easy alternative to using my full-sized oven for re-heating small items. Even though there is only a single heating element on the top and bottom, it does a good job. The toaster oven comes with a crumb tray for the bottom, a wire rack and a drip tray/baking pan.

It has 4 modes: warm, broil, bake, toast. In warm and broil mode, only the top heating element is used, In bake and toast mode, both heating elements are used.

As a broiler it's fine for small things. Quick batches of nachos are a natrual for this toaster oven.

Making toast in this is not quite the same as with a toaster. Since the bottom side of the toast is on the wire rack you end up with "zebra" toast. With this you set the "darkness" level using the timer. It's imprecise and you really need to keep an eye on what's going on or you could eaisly end up with burnt-to-a-crisp toast. Once you get the "feel" for the toaster oven though, it works quite well.

The power cord is only 2' long for safety reasons. A small plastic knob on the back of the oven is to ensure you don't get this too close to a wall. I was concerned that using this on a counter might get the counter too hot, but that hasn't been an issue so far. I haven't used it for longer than 5-10 mintues at a time though.

The plug is 3-prong and requires a grounded outlet.

URPOWER® Portable Wireless Remote Plug-in Control Doorbell Operating at 900-feet Range with 52 Different Chimes Polyphonic Melodies and Push Button with LED Indicator - White

4.0 out of 5 stars AC Powered ringer, battery powered remote. Loud, September 29, 2014
Length:: 2:58 Mins

This is a review of the URPOWER wireless doorbell. I was provided with a free sample for evaluation.

This is an AC Powered doorbell that has a battery operated remote. The remote is claimed to work for a year or so before needing battery replacement. I can't verify that in the short amount of time that I've had this, but let's assume that's accurate.

The doorbell ringer is AC powered. That's great because you won't need to replace batteries for that... only the remote. The ringer has a light that lights up when the doorbell rings. That's great for hearing-impaired folks who will benefit from the visual indication rather than just a sound.

This doorbell has an excellent range and has 52 different chimes. Other than the classic "doorbell" sound and maybe one or two other more conventional doorbell type sounds (not including the barking dog one), there are crazy melodies that play. Very cheesy, most of them My objection to the melodies is that you cannot stop them. They play until they are done playing. Most of them play from 10-15 seconds. I find that kind of obnoxious.

The ringer has a volume adjustment (4 levels) button and another button to choose the melody. You can only go forward when choosing a tone. If you miss the tone you want you have to cycle through all of them before you can stop on the one you want. It would be much more helpful if you could go both forward and backward through the sounds... but you cannot do that.

Included with the doorbell is some mounting screws as well as a patch of velcro. It's easy to mount and if you just want to use this as a personal alarm type of device, you don't have to mount it at all... just have it nearby.

Overall this works as advertised. If you think doorbell melodies should be humorous, this doorbell is right up your alley. Thankfully it includes a conventional "doorbell" sound for those who would rather not hear a 15 second MIDI rendition of some cheesy song.

Movo Photo SVH5 Solid Aluminum Handgrip Video Stabilizer for DSLR Cameras & Camcorders
Offered by Movo Photo
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the least expensive ways to achieve sort of a steadi-cam effect, September 26, 2014
Length:: 0:57 Mins

This is a review of the Movo SVH5 handgrip. I was provided a free sample for evaluation.

This is simply a weighted aluminum grip with foam cover that screws into the tripod mount of a DSLR or camcorder. It lets you maneuver the camera much easier when shooting video. Using good technique you can achieve a near-steadicam effect. My video example is not the best but should give you an idea of what you can do with it.

It's inexpensive and works well. The description says it works with up to 10 pound cameras, but your arm will get pretty tired, pretty quickly, with that kind of weight on it. Realistically I think 5-6 pounds max is more like it. Any more weight than that, you'll have to limit your shots to just a few seconds before fatigue starts to set in thus defeating the purpose of using this for steady video.

It's a good tool to add to your video bag.

Waterless car wash concentrate 16oz. easily and safely cleans your car. Four cleaning products in one without any harsh solvents. This waterless wash, quick detailer, rinseless wash, and clay bar lubricant allows you to spend less money on automotive treatments and cleaning kits. Save time because it washes and waxes in one step. Made in USA with a 90 day 100% guarantee.
Offered by Enthusiasts Only
Price: $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable how well it works. Almost leaves the finish looking like it has been waxed., September 26, 2014
Length:: 3:42 Mins

This is a review of the Enthusiasts Only Waterless Car Wash. I was sent a free sample for evaluation.

I was very skeptical that this stuff would even be worth my time to test it. The thought of simply spraying something onto my vehicle then wiping if off with microfiber cloths just seemed too good to be true. Plus I was afraid that I might create micro-scratches in the finish. To be honest, I was so scared of leaving fine scratches in the finish of my car that I decided to use this first on my motorcycle... just in case. Well my fears were completely unfounded. This stuff was fantastic and I now use it all the time on my motorcycle. Just a few squirts here and there and a couple microfiber cloths later, my bike looks freshly washed and waxed. It is really remarkable.

You simply add 1/2 oz of the concentrate to 16 oz of water in a spray bottle. You spray small areas and then wipe it off with the microfiber towel being sure to use refold the towel to always use clean areas of the towel as you wipe down. It's amazing how well it works.

Alternatively you can add 1oz of concentrate to 3 gallon bucket of water and just let the microfiber cloths soak in the solution for a couple minutes. Then squeeze out the excess and begin wiping down your vehicle.

You will be surprised at the excellent result. It almost looks like my car or motorcycle has been waxed as well as washed.

You don't want to use this in direct sun or on an extremely hot surface... let your car cool down or do this in the shade or inside your garage. But if you follow the directions you will get an excellent result and save gallons upon gallons of water in the process.

I was skeptical but am now convinced this is worthwhile stuff. It's really great for quick cleaning of my bicycle, motorcycle and even my car.

UNITEK superspeed USB 3.0 Multi in 1 Card Reader for CF/TF/Mrico SD/SD/MD/MMC/SDHC/SDXC for macbook pro mac
Offered by RainBow Atech
Price: $13.26
3 used & new from $10.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy aluminum case, works fine for me, September 25, 2014
Length:: 1:45 Mins

This is a review of the Unitek 3-in-1 card reader. I was provided a free sample for review.

I have this in my laptop bag and use it frequently for transferring photos from my MicroSD GoPro cards as well as SD and CF cards for my other cameras. It has worked flawlessly for me. Some people have complained that the CF card slot is too tight. Well not for me. I've tried several different brands of CF, SD and microSD cards and none of them have been tight.

Someone else also complained that the status light was too bright, Well, there is no status light on mine so apparently eariler versions had one? I don't know. I'd actually prefer that there was a status light to let you know that things are working. This is one reason I witheld a star.

The cord is short but that's actually a plus as far as I'm concerned. I use this primarily with my laptop and the short length is great. I have also used this on my iMac and will agreee that when used with the iMac, the cord is short.

Overall I'm pleased. It's rugged and has worked well.

Multi-mode Wireless USB Powered 10 LED Motion Sensor Light /Path Light /Hallway Light/ Cabinet Lamp/ Night Light/ Wall Scones
Offered by Tomtopsupply
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars USB chargeable, good brightness and adjustable, September 25, 2014
Length:: 2:37 Mins

This is one cool little LED light. I was provided with a free sample for evaluation.

What prompted me to accept the review request was the fact that this LED light is rechargeable. Most of these little hallway type lights use AA or AAA batteries. This uses an internal 800mAh Li-polymer battery and is USB chargeable. A USB to MiniUSB cable is included.

The direction of the light from the strip of LED's can be adjusted by a small plastic thumbwheel. It is extremely difficult to adjust however and this is the primary reason I've awarded 4, rather than 5 stars.

There are two swtiches on the top of the light. One switches between low, medium and high brightness.The light has 2-dome LED's and a row of 8-LED's. If all three lights are on, that's Bright. If only the 2-dome LED's are on, that's Medium. If only the strip of LED"s are on, that's Low. The other switch turns it off, auto or cont (continuous.)

When set to auto, this stays off during daylight hours. If set to "cont" the light stays on until you turn if off or back to auto. In auto, it stays off during the day but in darkness (or near darkness) the light sensor allows motion to activate the light. After the motion stops the light goes off and into standby mode after about 30 seconds. I like that it does not have to be completely dark for this to begin working in auto mode. It does have to be somewhat dark, just not totally dark.

I really like this. I have it in my bedroom under a table. If I need to get up during the night, it senses the motion and turns on. Perfect.

The light can be mounted with screws (not provided) or with velcro (provided.)

If only the LED strip was more easily adjustable and mounting screws were included, this would rate 5 stars from me.

Rowenta DW5197 Focus Steam Iron with Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1725 Watt, Purple
Price: $99.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made iron that produces lots of steam. No auto-shutoff is a boon for many., September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 3:33 Mins

This is a review of the Rowenta DW5197 Focus steam iron.

3lb 1.7oz of iron lovliness. Not the lightest iron out there but for its intended use, just about right. The water reservoir holds just 12 oz of water which you'll go through pretty quickly because this iron produces copious amounts of steam through it's 400 hole, polished soleplate. The iron uses 1725 Watts and heats to hottest temperature in just under 1 minute.

I like that it lets me use the shot of steam about 4 times before it needs to recharge (but that only takes 10-15 seconds.) I can also use this vertically to team wrinkles out of hanging garments.

The spray works really well too. A very fine mist is produced and it is even in its coverage.

It's got a decent length cord that is just a couple inches shy of 8 feet. The cord attaches to iron through a "ball" so it rotates and makes it less likely to get hung up as you're moving the iron around.

The big feature of this iron is that it does not have auto-shutoff. With that comes the responsibility to be sure to unplug the iron when you're done using it.

The tip is very pointy that makes it easy to maneuver around buttons, applique, whatever.

The reservoir window is dark but you can still sort of see the water level. I just wish it held a few more ounces of water. The lid to the water reservoir seems sturdy unlike many of the other irons I've used.

This can use tap water and it has a self-cleaning function that if used regularly will ensure you don't get buildup of minerals in the iron or on the holes of the soleplate.

The temperature dial is big, easy to turn and precise. With some irons I'm accidentally hitting the temperature dial as I iron. I inadvertently turn the temperature down as I iron and it's aggravating. That doesn't happen to me with this iron.

This iron is Made in Germany. Seems to be of excellent quality.

Lumsing® 8000mAh Ultrathin Portable Power Bank External Battery Pack Backup Charger and Brushed Aluminum Shell with Embossed Metal Logo Design for Ipad Air, Mini, Iphone 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, 4, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, Lg Optimus, Moto X and More (Black)
Offered by ATC LLC
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid powerbank, great build quality, 8000mAh capacity, 2.1A output, September 25, 2014
Length:: 2:45 Mins

This is a review of the Lumsing 8000mAh ultrathin powerbank. I was provided with a free sample for review.

I use powerbanks everyday. My phone nearly always needs a charge as the day wears on and this is a great powerbank to do just that. But it also has enough capacity that it's able to give a good boost to my iPad3 too. It doesn't have enough capacity to fully charge my iPad but it's gotten me out of 0% battery left situations several times.

This has a single 2.1A output that delivers 1.93A to my iPad3, That's good. And my iPhone5s charges at a decent rate with this too.

The case is brushed aluminum and is extremely sturdy. You can have this in a back pants pocket and not have to worry about it bending or cracking if you sit down on it.

The MicroUSB input is 1.5A which means that it charges faster than many other powerbanks that only have 1A input. A coiled USB to MicroUSB cable is included. The powerbank also has an LED flashlight in it. A quick double-press of the power buttons turns the light on or off.

To indicate the level of charge that the batterypack has, there are only 2 LED's to indicate that. IF both are on you've got 100% charge, If only 1 is lit you've got 50-100% charge. If the single LED is flashing then you've got less than 50% charge. I find that coarse indication of remaining power not as helpful as I'd like to see.

Very impressive, ultrathin powerbank. It's just a little bit wider and slightly longer than my iPhone5s. Great form factor... and so thin!

George Basch N/D "Never-Dull" Magic Wadding Polish 5 Oz
George Basch N/D "Never-Dull" Magic Wadding Polish 5 Oz
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $8.25
7 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff that works on a variety of metals, September 23, 2014
Length:: 2:17 Mins

I've used Never Dull for years. It works very well at taking the tarnish off copper and brass. But it also works really well on my motorcycle, keeping all the chrome nice and shiny.

The batting will not scratch any surface unlike improper use of steel wool. So while I would never in a million years use steel wool on silver, I could easily use Never Dull on silver since it won't scratch the surface at all.

I actually have a mostly used up can of Never Dull in my workshop that I've had for over 20 years. I don't know what the stuff is that the batting is impregnated with, but it is still useable after that length of time and as importantly, it hasn't evaporated, leaving a can of dry wadding.

Highly recommend this stuff. It won't work wonders on heavily pitted and rusted tools, but for chrome, brass, copper, it's fantastic.

Yept Hot Pink Pet Dog Leash with Sparkly Rhinestone for Cats or Dogs
Yept Hot Pink Pet Dog Leash with Sparkly Rhinestone for Cats or Dogs

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice leash with rhinestones and leather facing but not solid leather., September 22, 2014
Length:: 1:20 Mins

This is a review of the Ypet Hot Pink Rhinestone leash. I was provided with a free sample for evaluation.

I just love the look of this leash. The rhinestones give it some real bling factor and the hot pink... well what can you say about hot pink? It's hot.

My wife thinks it's just a great choice for our very ladylike, 1 month old Standard Poodle (who has the matching pink rhinestone collar.)

This is not solid leather however. Apparently it is an exceedingly thin leather facing which is bonded to the plastic core. I'm not sure how this will hold up over the long haul but will certainly update my review should that become necessary.

For now, we're quite happy with this. The buckle seems sturdy and it's a flashy looking leash.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20