Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for M. Erb > Reviews

Browse

M. Erb's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2105
Top Reviewer Ranking: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Erb RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Brookside Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars, Blueberry with Acai (Pack of 12)
Brookside Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars, Blueberry with Acai (Pack of 12)
Price: $25.98
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A little melty in the hand while eating, but WOW is this delicious, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, send me a truckload of this Brookside Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bar. This is absolutely, indescribably delicious (sorry Almond Joy, you lose in any comparison to this bar.)

The chocolate melts in your hand while holding it but trust me, you won't be holding it very long because it will be in your mouth and you'll be licking your fingers afterwards.

Lots of nuts, scrumptious dark chocolate, blueberry and acai.

Yes please, I'll have another.

Barilla Collezione Pasta, Three Cheese Tortellini, 12 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Barilla Collezione Pasta, Three Cheese Tortellini, 12 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $17.92
10 used & new from $11.13

5.0 out of 5 stars This tasted so much better than I could have imagined, August 28, 2015
Wow, what a delicious Tortellini. I had only moderate expectations for this dried, packaged Tortellini and it was so much better than average. It was fantastic.

I actually bought this to take on a canoe trip. Didn't have a chance to use it on the trip so prepared it for lunch one day at home. Into boiling water it went for about 10 minutes. I drained it, let it cool for just a minute or two then drizzled some olive oil on it and served it with grated parmesan. Delicious. The cheese filling was very tasty but not overpowering. The pasta was thin.

The next time I made this, I used a simple red sauce on it with a bit of freshly picked Basil from the garden. Again, fantastic.

I'll buy this again and again. It's very good and on par and in some cases better than some of the "fresh" tortellini that I've bought in the refrigerated section of supermarkets.

Samsung BD-HM57CZA Wi-Fi Blu Ray Player Manufacturer Refurbished
Samsung BD-HM57CZA Wi-Fi Blu Ray Player Manufacturer Refurbished
Offered by electronics101deals
Price: $59.48
5 used & new from $50.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be afraid of refurbished. This works great for me., August 28, 2015
I needed a B;u Ray player for my HDTV in the basement and didn't want to spend too much. I've had good luck on the past with other refurbished electronics so decided to take a chance on this Samsung BD-HM57C Blu Ray Player.

I'm not disappointed and in fact am mostly pleased with the unit. It arrived in a box clearly labeled Samsung Refurbished. No frills. The unit was wrapped in plastic and the remote and an HDMI cable were packaged in another plastic bag. A full manual was also included.

Plugged it in, popped in a Blu Ray disc and it mounted and began playing in only about 8-10 seconds. I was impressed.

I'm not overly excited with the user interface onscreen. But it is easiest enough to figure out pretty intuitively I guess. When you begin to do more complex things other than playing a Blu Ray disc, like connecting to a DLNA server for music for instance, or when connecting a USB drive to the front panel for viewing photos or playing music... you may have to dip into the manual because it is not totally intuitive at first.

I was able to easily connect to my acconts on Netflix, Amazon and YouTube. I had no success connecting to Facebook and I'm not sure what the problem is but will eventually call support to find out what the problem is. After I enter my login information, I get an onscreen error message that says it is not able to connect with the information provided. I haven't a clue what's going on with that.

I enjoy being able to load a USB flash drive with photos and play a slideshow using the Bly Ray player. You can also have music background during a slideshow as well as zoom in on the photo. The quality is great.

The remote isn't the best... lots of small buttons that aren't differentiated that well, at least not for me. One thing that may not be apparent is how to program the remote to also work with your HDTV. It has the capability to turn on your HDTV as well as control the Input and Volume. The way to program it is to look in the User Manual for the chart of TV companies. Each company listed has at least one two-digit code associated with it and that is the code that you must input into the remote using the remote keypad. So while you hold the Power button for the TV on the remote, input the two-digit code at the same time and then check to see if your HDTV turns on or off. If it doesn't try the next code if there is one. I have a Panasonic HDTV and the first code I tried worked for me.

I'd buy this again in a heartbeat.

Uninvested: How Wall Street Hijacks Your Money and How to Fight Back
Uninvested: How Wall Street Hijacks Your Money and How to Fight Back
by Bobby Monks
Price: $17.77
54 used & new from $11.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Raised my ire without providing a substantive solution, August 27, 2015
This is a review of the book, "Uninvested: How Wall Street Hijacks Your Money and How to Fight Back." I received a free copy of the book for my unbiased review. The opinions expressed are my own.

As an investor in the stock market for over 35 years I must admit I'm not an expert but I know some. I was fortunate growing up to have a very astute Uncle who taught me some fundamental truths about investing. He always told me not to worry about pennies... in other words when buying a stock that you've done your research on, buy it at the market price rather than setting a specific price, once you've decided to buy. Pennies won't matter in the long run. He also taught me about dividend reinvestment and diversification.

I also had a lot of respect for Andrew Tobias and what he had to say in his books The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need and the sequel, The Only Other Investment Guide You'll Ever Need. I'm also a big fan of Jack Bogle.

As for Bobby Monks, he raised my ire in this book. If there is one thing I disdain, it's investment advisors and stockbrokers who live off of commissions from my hard earned money. I feel like I'm being skimmed. And of course they make their money whether I make money or not. If their fees were based on performance, I'd be a bit more inclinded to consider accepting a flat rate advisory fee. But that's not the reality. To pay someone 1.5% no matter what., well that just sucks and I'd rather not let the leeches make their money off of me in that way. I'm more inclined to find a reputable Financial Advisor and pay an hourly rate for advice.

So I read this book with interest. Bobby Monks got me steaming but after reading 3/4 of the book, I began wondering what the payoff was going to be. And when he finally reveals his "solution", I was quite let down. I was expecting more.

I feel that this book got me agitated but provided no real solution that I could grab hold to.

Frustrating.

Best Manual Combo (3 Piece), 2 Bowl Lemon and Lime Squeezer, Citrus Zester and Reamer Chef Quality by Victoria Mackenzie
Offered by Shann Corporation
Price: $29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy set of tools that you'll get great use of in your kitchen, August 27, 2015
Length:: 1:57 Mins

This is a review of the Victoria Mackenzie 3 piece set of kitchen tools. I received a free sample for my unbiased review. The opinions expressed are my own.

The set consists of a stainless steel zester, a birch wood reamer and a 3-part metal juicer. Each item in the set works well and two out of the three are dishwasher safe. The birch wood reamer must be hand washed.

The zester has a comfortable handle and the blade is quite sharp, although a bit thin... it does flex a bit. It enables you to easily zest a lemon, lime or orange and it might work OK with a hard cheese such as parmesan. The zester is dishwasher safe.

The reamer is a quick and easy way to get some juice out of a lemon or lime... it's a bit small for an orange but could work in a pinch that way too. Since it is made of wood, it needs to be hand washed.

The juicer is a 3-piece design. If your fruit is small, you can cut it in half and put the cut side down in the smaller of the two cups. If your fruit is a bit larger, then you could put it in the larger of the two cups. Once the fruit is in place just squeeze and you'll make the job of juicing your lime, lemon or small orange quite easy. The juicer is dishwasher safe.

VEBE Men's Multi-functional Half Finger Anti-slip Biking Gloves Cycling Riding For Cross-country Road Summer Sports,Color Blue & White,Palm Width about 9.5-10.5 CM
Offered by OPP (FRANCE) GROUP LIMITED
Price: $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy to get off your hands because of the finger pulls, August 27, 2015
Length:: 2:06 Mins

This is a review of the VEBE cycling glove. I received a free sample for unbiased review. The opinions expressed are my own.

The widest part of my palm measures 4" so I ordered the XL size in this glove. It is just ever so slightly large on me and I think I may have been able to get away with a size L.

These are quite comfortable. The padding is foam, not gel. There is more padding on the palm that some gloves that I've had, but it doesn't feel excessive to me. The finger pulls are really helpful for taking the gloves off and the microfiber patch on the thumb is great for wiping sweat off you eyes or nose.

The "anti-slip" material on the thumb and bottom of palm is actually quite effective. It has grip that prevents you from slipping on the bars depending on your hand position.

I'll see how they hold up but for now I'm content with them.

Zweissen Ultra Two Stage Diamond Knife Sharpener System
Zweissen Ultra Two Stage Diamond Knife Sharpener System
Offered by Rizpresso
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A great way to destroy a good knife.. or even a crappy knife, August 27, 2015
Length:: 2:44 Mins

This is a review of the Zweissen Ultra Knife Sharpener. I received a free sample for unbiased review. The opinions expressed are my own.

I attempted to sharpen a few of my el-cheapo kitchen knives with this knife sharpener and had very poor results. The handle is a sturdy plastic with a double sided diamond grip sharpening surface (2 3/4" x 1".) The coarse side is 600 grit, the finer side is 1000 grit. A very cheesy plastic blade holder is included but is nearly useless.

It is awkward to use this and it will only work with larger knives as smaller knives simply won't fit on the holder very well, if at all. The awkward angle that you must work on the knife edge almost guarantees failure.

I'd never use this on an expensive knife. Much better to take your good knives to a professional for sharpening... or learn how to use a good quality whetstone. You risk destroying the fine edge on your knives by using this improperly and its design almost guarantees that.

DuaFire Acrylic Plastic TV Movie Video Film Clapperboard,Director Clapboard (Black)
Offered by DuaFire
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to sync sound with video or could also make a nice prop, August 27, 2015
Length:: 1:15 Mins

This is a review of the DuaFire Clapboard. I received a free sample for evaluation and unbiased review. The opinions expressed are my own.

You can spend less or far more for a clapboard. If you do occasional video production and record audio separately from the video, you do need some way to sync the two together during post-production. That's where the clapboard comes in... it provides a visual and audio indicator which enables you to sync the two.

The board is a thin acrylic and could crack if dropped or mishandled. The lines and lettering on the board seems to be relatively durable. I could not easily scratch it off at all. The clapper part is fairly sturdy and assembled with metal hardware that may have to be tightened every so often but is otherwise fine.

This does the trick for my occasional use. If you didn't use this for its intended purpose, it could also make a nice looking prop for any movie lover.

Capri Tools 31201 10-80' Pound Industrial Torque Wrench, 3/8", Matte Chrome
Capri Tools 31201 10-80' Pound Industrial Torque Wrench, 3/8", Matte Chrome
Offered by eToolscity
Price: $129.99
3 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality and comes with certification of calibration, August 26, 2015
Length:: 2:23 Mins

This is a review of the Capri Tools #CP31201 10-80 ft lb, 3/8" torque wrench. I received a free sample for an unbiased review. The opinions expressed are mine.

This torque wrench comes with a cheap but protective plastic case. Given enough use, the tabs that close the case will probably break off if past cases of this type that I've had are any indication.

The torque wrench itself seems to be of decent quality. It's made of matte CrMo which is strong but, depending on the quality used here (which I don't know), can develop varying degrees of surface rust. So you must store this carefully and wipe down after use to help preserve its appearance.

The ft-lb and newton-meter scales on the shaft are readable but not as readable as some other torque wrenches I've used.

The range of this is 10-80 ft lb with a tolerance of +/-3% for clockwise rotation and +/-6% for counter-clockwise rotation. A certificate of calibration is included with the torque wrench. What was interesting to me is that the calibrated accuracy of the testing equipment was < +/- 10% @ 20C. So it seems that the wrench has better tolerance than the equipment testing the torque wrench. Go figure.

For my applications this is a workable torque wrench and seems fairly priced.

Fluance Fi50 Two-Way High Performance Wireless Bluetooth Premium Wood Speaker System with aptX Enhanced Audio (Black Ash)
Offered by Fluance Speakers
Price: $199.99
2 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and powerful. Capable of producing loud music listening levels. Excellent bass, August 26, 2015
Length:: 6:07 Mins

This is a review of the Fluance Fi50 bluetooth speaker. I received a free sample for my unbiased review. The opinions expressed are my own. Music courtesy of Bensound.com

I've also reviewed the Fluance Fi30 and this is a huge improvement in sound quality, loudness, and features. It is also appreciably larger in size than the Fi30.

The speaker is quite large and operates on AC power only (no internal batteries.) It's about 20 1/2" wide, 7 3/8" tall and 5 3/4" deep. Concerning the depth, considering the power cord sticking ouf of the back, it's actually going to require a minimum of 7 1/4" of depth to accommodate the plug. And you'll want to leave a bit of room to maximize the sound due to the bass ports being on the back of the speaker.

The power supply/adapter has two cords... an AC power cord that is 6' in length which goes from the wall into the power supply and then a thinner 6' cord that connects the power supply to the speaker.

The enclosure is made of wood (actually MDF a manufactured wood product), not plastic and that is one of the reasons this speaker has superior sound. On the top of the speaker are a number of touch controls. From left to right you have a brightness button (High, Low, Off) then the power button that also switches between Bass and Treble mode with -5 to +5 adjustment range. Next is the Volume - and Volume + buttons.

On the back is a bluetooth pairing reset button, as well as a 3.5mm Aux In port, master power switch and a USB, 2.1A output port to charge and power any USB devices such as the tablet or smartphone providing the music.

The speaker comes with two sets of feet. You can choose to use rubber domed feet or steel spiked feet. Your speaker placement and/or your preference would determine which set of feet you end up using. The rubber feet stick on via double sided tape while the metal feet screw into the bottom of the speaker.

The speaker is very powerful and will easily fill a large room with big sound. This is a great party speaker but also is excellent for normal listening levels as the clarity of sound is fantastic. Bass is big in this speaker and the fact that you can customize the bass and treble to your liking is a real plus.

You do not get a remote with the speaker, nor is a remote available. You cannot change tracks from the speaker and it does not include a hands free function for your smartphone. You use your device to change tracks and of course your device also allows you to adjust music level as well as use any sound equalization presets that your device may provide in addition to the bass and treble controls on the speaker.

This sound great with all types of music. Bass lovers will be very happy with the bass that this speaker is capable of providing. The dual 5" woofers can really put out some great low end. But this is not a bass heavy speaker... the highs are crisp and balanced nicely with the mids.

Quite an impressive speaker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20