Profile for M. Erb > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Erb RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (#1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
#1 Probiotics for Dogs - On Sale! Guaranteed Diarrhea Relief - Has the 13 Best Pet Digestive Remedies plus FREE Added Enzymes in One Powerful Powder That Dogs Love - Controls Itching, Scratching, Hot Spots, Excessive Shedding, Gas and More - Puts Back What's Been Taken Out of Modern Dog Food - Made in USA in a Certified GMP Facility. 365 Servings. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
Offered by Pet Ultimates Probiotics
Price: $64.95

3.0 out of 5 stars After a month of use, our dog's puppy vaginitis has not been completely resolved, July 31, 2015
This is a review of Probiotics for Dogs.

Our 1 year, 7 month old Standard Poodle has had ongoing bouts of puppy vaginitis. This had been diagnosed by our Veterinarian. Our Vet suggested supplementing our dog's diet with Greek Yogurt. So we started adding about 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt to her daily meals. We did notice some improvement after a few weeks of this, but it never completely cleared up.

It was suggested that perhaps a probiotic might help so we tried this product. After 3-4 weeks of using it (we gave her 2 scoops/day) we noticed no significant improvement in her condition. After communicating with the seller, it was suggested we double the dosage since there is no harm in doing that. So we started adding 2 scoops to her food in the morning and another 2 scoops in the evening. We've been following this ritual for about 2 weeks and still no complete resolution although there did seem to be some reduction in discharge. However whether that was due to the probiotics or the Greek Yogurt is hard to determine since both were being given to our dog at the same time.

While we have been using this, we have not noticed any adverse changes to her stool so she seems to tolerate this well.

While this may be everything it is claiming to be, it did not work for our dog insofar as completely resolving her puppy vaginitis.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 2:58 PM PDT

Wild Omega 3 Fish Oil for Dogs Supplement with Vitamin E, for Skin, Coat and Joint Support, 16 Ounce
Offered by Bonnie and Clyde Pet Goods
Price: $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No fishy odor. Safe supplement for your dog with great benefits, July 31, 2015
Length:: 2:14 Mins

This is a review of Bonnie & Clyde's Wild Omega-3 Fish Oil. I received a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are mine,

I've been adding this to my dog's kibble for about a month. The suggested dose is 1ml per 10 pounds of weight. A squirt is approx 2ml. So for our dog who weighs about 55 pounds, we give her 2 squirts on her morning feeding and 1 squirt on her evening feeding,

When we just started using this, we ramped up to the recommended dose over the course of a few days, We did not notice any adverse changes to her stool so she tolerates this well.

There is absolutely no fishy odor with this. It is oily to the touch since it is fish oil, but you don't smell any fish either while squirting it on the food or on the dog's breath.

Our dog has never had any skin dryness or flakiness but fish oil is supposed to aid in that if it is an issue. We do notice her coat is soft and I do believe the fish oil plays a large part in that.

This does have a shelf life of about 6 months once opened and should be stored in the refrigerator once it has been opened.

BUREI Men's BM-7001-01EO "Admiral" Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch with Black Leather Band
Offered by BUREI Watch
Price: $100.00
2 used & new from $85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive watch but the chronograph is more for fashion, July 30, 2015
Length:: 3:41 Mins

This is a review of the Burei Admiral Chronograph Watch with Leather Band. I received a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are my own.

This quartz watch keeps good time and is quite attractive. However the chronograph function is more for looks rather than function because it is quite difficult to read the small subdials with any degree of accuracy.

The hour and minute hands on the watch are very thin. When you are in a glare situation I find it quite difficult to actually read the time at all. I have to actually study the face of the watch rather than a quick glance, to discern the time.

Despite the difficulty of reading the time and using this watch easily as a chronograph, I still like the watch. It's very nice looking and the leather band is comfortable. My wrist is 7 3/4" in circumference and this band just fits me with one hole left in the strap. I don't think this would fit anyone with a wrist larger than 8" in circumference and that might be cutting it close.

Seems to be a fair price but it's not the easiest watch to read. It makes a nicer fashion statement than an easy to read timepiece.

iPhone 5S Screen Protector, iPhone 5 Screen Protector Volt Shield iPhone 5S 5 5C Glass Screen Protector [tempered glass] Bubble-free Scratch Proof High Definition (HD) Ultra Clear Easy to Install
Offered by Volt Tech Inc
Price: $7.95
2 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protector for my iPhone 5s, July 30, 2015
Length:: 4:48 Mins

This is a review of the Volt Tech iPhone5s Glass Screen Protector. I received a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are my own.

I'm a big fan of glass screen protectors. They are easier to install and don't develop bubbles or peel at the edges like the plastic protectors do.

This goes on so easily. I demonstrate how to install it in my video review

I really like and appreciate that the company includes all you need to completely and thoroughly clean your screen prior to installation of the screen protector. You get an alcohol wipe, a microfiber cleaning cloth and two pieces of tape to remove any last second pieces of dust that may settle on your screen.

Provides great protection and looks like it's part of my iPhone.

Recommended.

Viva Labs - The FINEST Organic Hemp Protein Powder, Cold-Milled for Higher Absorption, 1 LB Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $22.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to add protein to your diet, July 30, 2015
This is a review of Viva Labs Organic Hemp Protein powder. I received a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are my own.

I had not known about Hemp Protein powder until given the opportunity to review it. It's quite excellent for a number of reasons.

My wife and I have a smoothie for breakfast practically every day. We use a Vitamix to make our smoothies. A typical smoothie would incorporate an orange, banana, blueberries, flax seed, a coupld handfuls of Organic baby spinach, almond milk, maybe some almond butter or greek yogurt, some water and a couple scoops of ice cubes. I like to add peanut butter or some other protein source and putting 4 tablespoons of Hemp Protein accomplishes that.

The Hemp Protein has a nice flavor that surprised me. It seemed to have a somewhat nutty taste to me and it blended well with no clumping.

4Tbsp is considered a serving and has 110 calories while providing 15g of Protein and a healthy 7g of dietary fiber. That's a great addition to our smoothies.

Would definitely purchase this again.

Recommended.

Oreo Thins Sandwich Cookies, 10.1 Ounce
Oreo Thins Sandwich Cookies, 10.1 Ounce
Price: $5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're an OREO fan, you'll love these, July 29, 2015
These are so good. I mean if you like Oreos, I don't see how you couldn't just love these. They are thin...very thin wafers with a proportionately thin layer of cream filling. They are for me, one bite cookies. And I can eat a lot of these. That's the only problem. Portion control is my challenge.
Give them a try. I think you'll like them.

Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Carry-bag (Grey)
Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Carry-bag (Grey)
Offered by Creative Labs, Inc.
Price: $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A somewhat protective case for your Roar 2 bluetooth speaker, July 28, 2015
Length:: 3:02 Mins

This is a review of the Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 carry-bag. I received a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are mine.

This case is specific to the new Roar 2 bluetooth speaker and will not fit the original Roar.

This is a thin, neoprene material with non-adjustable shoulder strap. Also included is a shorter, "hand grab" strap that can replace the shoulder strap if desired. Each strap has a velcro tab on the end of the strap making it easy to remove from the case.

The case fits the Roar 2 speaker snugly. In fact, that snugness makes it a little bit of a challenge to slide your Roar 2 speaker into the case. Since the new Roar 2 has an unprotected passive bass radiator on each end (the original Roar speaker had a protective metal grill covering the passive bass radiators) you have to be aware of that otherwise it seems natural just to push the end of the speaker to get it to slide in the case. But if you did that, you'd be pressing the passive bass radiator which could certainly damage it.

Creative designs quite impressive bluetooth speakers but can't quite seem to quite get their head around making a good case to protect and carry them with. Although this case is far more useful and protective than the previous nylon mesh case for the original Roar, it still is not an ideal case.

At least it offers some protection against minor bumps. But the end cap does not completely close around the speaker... there are gaps at each corner. So although this might afford a tiny bit of protection against rain drops, rain could still get hit the speaker directly through those gaps.

C'mon Creative, you can do better than this.

Procella Classic Wooden Stick Umbrella for Stylish, Classy Protection Against All Weather (Light Wood)
Offered by Nordic WP
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy umbrella and walking stick at a great price, July 28, 2015
Length:: 1:36 Mins

This is a review of the Procella Classic Wooden Stick Umbrella. I was provided with a free sample for evaluation.

What a nice looking umbrella. The wood handle, shaft and accents at the end of each umbrella strut make this umbrella look quite nice.

It has a good size canopy... 41" from side to side.

The one-button operation let's me open this umbrella easily and a clever rubber shock absorber inside allows the umbrella to open without a loud clunk.

I can also use this as a walking stick since it is comfortable to hold in the hand because of the J-shaped wooden handle.

This seems to exude quality that belies its low price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2015 3:18 AM PDT

Java Factory Variety Pack Single Cup Coffee for Keurig Brewers, 40 Count
Java Factory Variety Pack Single Cup Coffee for Keurig Brewers, 40 Count
Price: $18.34
5 used & new from $17.09

4.0 out of 5 stars I preferred the unflavored coffees, July 27, 2015
This is a review of the 40 count, Java Factory Variety Pack. I was provided with a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are my own.

I love my coffee. My preferred way of enjoying coffee is French Press or pour over but I own a Keurig and when I just gotta have a cup of coffee as fast as possible, I turn to my Keurig. I've tried many types of K-cups and these from Java Factory worked in my machine as well as any others, I never found coffee grounds in my cup nor did the K-cups ever leak.

As for the coffee... the variety pack contained both flavored and unflavored coffee, I preferred the un-flavored coffee.

All the roasts were great. I particularly enjoyed the Dark and Handsome and Da Bomb both of which were an Extra Bold coffee. Rich and flavorful.

The flavored coffees just didn't have much coffee flavor to me. They flavors were just not memorable or that appealing to me.

I'll stick with the unflavored coffee and would order them separately next time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2015 5:21 AM PDT

Yodo Waterproof 4 Person Pop Up Instant Tent With Carry Bag, Blue
Yodo Waterproof 4 Person Pop Up Instant Tent With Carry Bag, Blue
Offered by YODO GROUP
Price: $168.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking tent that I wanted to like so much, but it's got some issues, July 24, 2015
Length:: 4:32 Mins

This is a review of the Yodo Pop Up Instant Tent. I was provided with a free sample for evaluation. The opinions expressed are my own.

This is one cool looking tent. I just wish it performed as good as it looks.

There is no way this is a 4 person tent... certainly not 4 adults anyway. I'm actually cramped in this tent with just me. I'm 6'2" and my head touches one side while my feet touch the other. This causes problems when there is condensation on the tent walls since you don't want to touch condensing tent walls as that makes things wet.

I put a 2-person camping mattress in the tent and it left about 1 foot of space on one side, otherwise it was touching all the other three walls. Getting back to the 4 person claim, where are the other two people going to fit if a double size mattress takes up 90% of the interior space? I'll tell you where the other 2 people are going to fit... in another tent but certainly not this one.

The tent has two doors which is great. But the doors do not have full screens. Only a very small section at the top is screened. This is brutal on hot nights when you want to keep the bugs out but get air flowing through the tent. Yes, there are two relatively large screened panels on the ceiling, but when the fly is on the tent, they don't offer that much in the way of air flow in the same way that full screened doors would.

There are two wall storage pockets installed in the tent. They are very low on the wall though are are actually more than halfway hitting the floor, so they aren't very helpful. You can also store some light items in a nylon mesh ceiling panel that attaches to 4 nylon loops. But that's only for a few small items. A hook hangs from the center of the roof and can be used to hang a lantern of some sort.

If nothing else, this is a versatile tent. It can be used as a tent with fly. When used this way, setup is a snap. Because of the cool pop-up mechanism It only takes about 30 seconds to open the tent, position the legs and stake them down. You can also use this as a tent without the fly. In this case you would use the two, sectioned fiberglass poles to support the tent. The third way to use this is just the fly alone. It can be used without the tent as a sun shade. Also included with the tent is a footprint that is intended to be used with the fly when the fly is being used as a sunshade. But if you want, you can place the footprint under the tent but you wont' be able to use the snaps to attach it to the fly since the fly needs those snaps to anchor itself to the tent. It sounds a little confusing and I guess it might be.

Also included with the tent are a couple of guy ropes and tent stakes, carry bag for everything and a small square piece of nylon that attaches to the very top of the tent to cover the pop-up mechanism... it's a rain shield of sorts.

I have not had this out in the rain so can't speak to it's waterproofness.

On one occasion when collapsing the pop-up mechanism, somehow two of clips that attach to the bottom of the legs and hold the nylon fly fabric to the legs, unattached themselves from the legs.The fabric got twisted up and it was not fun trying to figure out how to get it put back together and working again.

It's a cool little tent for backyard camping or casual camping. This is not really something I'd consider using for more serious outings however.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20