Profile for Rich14au > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rich14au RSS Feed (Parker, CO USA)

Panasonic VIERA TC-L42D30 42-Inch 1080p LED HDTV
Panasonic VIERA TC-L42D30 42-Inch 1080p LED HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is WOW!, June 19, 2011
Let me preface by saying that I am no videophile but I am a software developer, and hence, a tech-nerd. I've been suffering with a 36" CRT 480p TV for the past decade, so it was time for an upgrade. In this case, "upgrade" is an understatement. The VIERA blows my old TV out of the water. I know I'm not comparing apples to apples here but the VIERA is just plain awesome. The frame bezel is super thin and flush with the screen. The 1080p screen is just beautiful. Blu-ray discs just shine on this TV. The new VIERA Connect apps and interface work well and the streaming quality of Netflix, MLB.tv, Hulu Plus and Amazon is great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2011 8:41 AM PDT

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
17 used & new from $74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Reading Books, January 10, 2011
I finally got my first Kindle a few days ago and I have to say that I am even more impressed that I thought I would be. After playing with other family members' iPad and NOOKcolor I was wondering if I had made the right choice for an e-reader. After just 24 hours I knew I had. The iPad is an amazing device but who wants to hold a 1.5 pound tablet during an extended reading session? I'd still like to get an iPad, but not to read book on. Likewise, staring at the back-lit LCD screens of both the iPad and NOOKcolor is no where near as nice as the Kindle's e-ink display. The Kindle doesn't try to be anything more than a great reading device, and that it is.

X
X
Price: $38.28
55 used & new from $6.79

4.0 out of 5 stars X-tra tracks are a plus, August 13, 2002
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
I finally got my Japanese import today. I had already heard all the tracks but I was pleasantly surprised to find an extra booklet included that has the lyrics in Japanese and English. (The US release has no printed lyrics at all). The extra song Kiss The Day is a decent song that will probably continue to grow on me. The chorus is Beatle-esque and there is some nice guitar solo work. I really like Long Long Way To Go, so to have the acoustic version is a nice addition. My co-worker Scott says its a good make-out song if you have a teenage girfriend but in all seriousness I think its their best ballad since Love Bites.
The album as a whole is very good but it took some time to grow on me. I won't spend time reviewing the rest of the album here as there are many posting for US release for you to review. I will say that I like Euphoria better and as a "classic" Lep fan I look forward to a reunion with Mutt and the guys for the next album hopefully.
BOTTOM LINE: If you are a Lep fan you gotta get X, if you are a die-hard fan then fork out the dough for the import. But in all reality they probably won't be winning over any new fans with this one.
Def Leppard still rocks!