Profile for J. Lam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Lam RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $69.99
134 used & new from $38.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for TimeWarner cable, February 21, 2015
I live in LA area and bought this to replace the TimeWarner cable modem to avoid the hiking rental fee. My plan is 50 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. This product is on TimeWarner's approved list. Google "TimeWarner cable modem" if you want to find the list. The installation is very straight forward. I did that at 10 pm and was able to call TimeWarner to add the MAC address to my account. For those who have young kids or heavy internet usage during the day, this means you can perform this IT task after hours without service disruption (that is, Netflix, etc.). I have this for over a month now. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the product.

Dorman 746-395 Door Lock Actuator Motor
Dorman 746-395 Door Lock Actuator Motor
Price: $29.18
21 used & new from $27.65

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, February 21, 2015
I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX 4-door. I purchased this to replace the rear right door lock actuator. I followed the YouTube video by NutzAboutBolts and it was fairly straight forward. The plastic screw covers for the door latch and the elbow rest area are very easy to break. They are supposed to be folded up so you can have watch out. Also, go to Dorman's website to check whether this part fits your car first before purchase. Amazon is not descriptive this way. For example, for the 2000 Accord, Dorman indicates that DX and EX use different parts. Dorman parts are made in Taiwan... if this means anything to you. I can't speak for the long term reliability of this product. But it works for me.

BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable (6 feet)
BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable (6 feet)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $17.99
7 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very satisfied with the purchase, November 12, 2014
The cable is thick but flexible. The connector is very robust. It takes a bit of force to plug or unplug so the connection is rather secured. I plugged it between my TV and soundbar and it works perfectly. I've been using it for less than a week so I have no long term review for it. My experience with optical cables is that they tend to last so I'm not concern about the durability. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

INNOVA 3300 Hands-free Digital Multimeter (10 MegOhm)
INNOVA 3300 Hands-free Digital Multimeter (10 MegOhm)
Offered by Bubbadah's Buys
Price: $17.00
18 used & new from $11.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good multimeter, March 1, 2014
I bought this because it's cheap. I wanted to have something in case I need to use it around the house. I tried it on a few 1.5V batteries (new, used, and dead) and the readings fluctuated wildly each time. I wouldn't use this for any serious work.

LINKYO Compatible Replacement for Brother TN450 TN420 High Yield Toner Cartridge (Black)
Offered by LINKYO
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for my HL-2280DW, March 1, 2014
It's been working really well with my laser printer (HL-2280DW). My wife homeschools my kids so she frequently prints materials for class work. I've purchased this product twice already. The purchases are 8 months apart. The print quality is as good as any laser printed material I've seen. I'm really happy with this product not to mention it costs $20 less.

One thing I should mention... when I replace the old Linkyo cartridge with the new one recently, I noticed that the designs between the two are different. I'm not sure what this means. Only time will tell whether the second one works as good as the first.

Everest Cooler Lunch Bag, Black, One Size
Everest Cooler Lunch Bag, Black, One Size
Price: $12.15
12 used & new from $7.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent lunch bag, March 1, 2014
This is a decent no thrill lunch bag. I've been using it for over 6 months. I was looking for something that has a pocket to keep my non-food stuff so this one has just that.

My only things with this bag is that 1) the strap tends to tangle a bit; and 2) the straps are not supporting the center of weight so when you hold it up, the bag tips forward. So, if you're like me, holding the bag on my side, the bag tips and may keep hitting my leg while I'm walking. It's a minor annoyance.

Overall, it is a decent bag. Enough to deserve 4 stars from me.

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by overstockdrugstore
Price: $18.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel mug, March 1, 2014
Things that I like:
1. Good size (not too big), fits well in cup holder
2. Really keep the drink hot for a long time. In fact, if it is too hot to begin with, you'd better let it cool first before closing the lid.
3. Open-Access Lid makes it easy to clean the inside (this is an improvement from the older model I've seen from my friends' Contigo mug).
4. The way you press the button to deliver drink is convenient compared to most.

OREI Grounded Universal 2 in 1 Schuko Plug Adapter Type E/F for Germany, France, Europe, Russia & more - High Quality - CE Certified - RoHS Compliant
Price: $8.59
3 used & new from $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as it says..., March 1, 2014
I purchased this for my work related travel to France. It worked perfectly. I like the fact that it allows 2 plugs (one 3-prong and one 2-prong) to use at the same time. Basically it allowed 2 laptops to plug into it at the same time. The construction is also sturdy. It's a real plus.

SiliconDust HDHomeRun DUAL High Definition Digital TV Tuner HDHR3-US (Black) (2013 Model)
6 used & new from $69.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV tuner, March 21, 2013
I have a Windows 7 based HTPC (Lenovo Q180). I purchased a Diamond TVW750USB USB TV Tuner initially but after less than a year, the tuner was going out on me. I'd heard many great things about SiliconDust HDHomeRun so I gave it a try. I have had this for 2 months now and it has been working great for me. I use it for OTA broadcast only. My HTPC is connected to the router via the Ethernet port so picture is always perfect. I have a Windows 7 PC in the office which is connected to the router wirelessly. Even when I can get 8Mbps download there I couldn't get the TV broadcast picture consistently. It is choppy at best and I don't know why. Nonetheless, my office is not intended to be a TV room so this didn't bother me. The setup is fairly straight forward. The only thing I miss from before is the radio tuner. I rarely used that feature so I'm happy to settle without it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, March 21, 2013
I use this for my Galaxy S3. I previously had a different cable purchased that would charge but not transfer data. This cable works perfectly. It does have a Samsung label so it is a Samsung OEM cable as advertised.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3