Profile for avidreader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

avidreader RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
A PJ Ryan Special Collection: 8 Fun Short Stories For Kids Who Like Mysteries and Pranks!
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved them, December 9, 2013
Great collection of stories. My kids aged four and six loved them - suspect my ten year old did too but he decided he was too old for stories!!! My only complaint is that the children love the stories so much they want the whole book read in the same night. It is really good to get stories that appeal to both boys and girls. Great work, thank you

Dying For Danish (Lexy Baker Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)
Dying For Danish (Lexy Baker Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read - twists and turns to keep you interested, December 6, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book. I bought it because of the fantastic cover - it was too cute to resist. I don't normally go for mysteries even cozy ones but this one was great. The writer is descriptive without being over the top. You get to meet Lexy and her friends including her Nana which reminds me of my own but without the ipad. Ms Dobbs holds your interest the whole way through and not just because she is describing cute hunky guys :-)

Wonderful book. Buy it today. Now if only I could get Lexy to cook the recipe for Danish Pastries included in the back - that would be fantastic.

The Little Romance Book of Christmas Love Stories : A Collection of Festive Short Romantic Stories for The Holiday Season (Little Romance Books 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Five great reads - please write more, October 26, 2012
Having read Emily and Marilyns story already I knew I wanted more to read so didnt hesitate in picking this one up. These are great reads not only to get you into the Christmas holiday season but also to start you thinking about what delights you could have in your stocking!!!

Please please release more stories - with more hot blokes and ordinary women - not a too stupid to love heroine in sight - well done

A Second Chance With Emily - A Sample Story from The Little Romance Book of Christmas Love Stories : A Collection of Festive Short Romantic Stories for The Holiday Season (Little Romance Books 0)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it - wanted more, October 26, 2012
This is a great story - I enjoyed it so much I had to have more so went on to purchase the next romance book of Christmas love stories. Great work from a great author.

Marilyn's Christmas Surprise - A Sample Story from The Little Romance Book of Christmas Love Stories : A Collection of Festive Short Romantic Stories for The Holiday Season (Little Romance Books 0)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, October 26, 2012
I love Christmas and although its early I wanted to get into the holiday mood. Downloading this sample story was a great start. Its a great read and being a short story was perfect to fit into my busy day. Highly recommended

Noble Beginnings: A Jack Noble Thriller (Jack Noble #1)
Noble Beginnings: A Jack Noble Thriller (Jack Noble #1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner!, October 26, 2012
This book is an irresistible page turner. I made the mistake of starting it a couple hours before I normally go to bed. Yeah, forget sleep. I stayed up all night reading it. Literally could not put it down. Well-plotted with lots of action and intrigue.

Will definitely be back for more from LT Ryan :-)

The Busy Writer's Tips on Writing Romance
The Busy Writer's Tips on Writing Romance
Price: $3.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Understand Show Don't Tell, October 22, 2012
As any writer knows one of the cardinal rules of fiction is to show more and tell less. Well I have never quite got what people meant when they said this but this fantastic book from Marg McAllister finally made it easy to understand.

I love the way the author puts her point across using simple but highly effective examples. I am really glad I found this series and look forward to learning lots more. These books cost a fraction of what a creative writing course would cost and dare I say it will end up being way more valuable. Great work Marg.

The Gift (Dream Traveler In Time Book 1)
The Gift (Dream Traveler In Time Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, couldnt put it down, July 13, 2012
This is a great read and perfect for taking you away from your mundane day. The characters are likeable and realistic. Really looking forward to the next book in the series as can't wait to see how Carly deals with her gift.

See Jane Grow: How To Establish Yourself as an Industry Expert and Give Your Customers the Confidence to Make a Buying Decision (See Jane Grow Series for Women Business Owners Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great business book - get your business the attention it deserves, June 8, 2012
I really like Suzanne's style. It is down to earth without being patronizing. She explains what you need to do to get your business on the map Today. What they taught you in business school ten years ago is out of date. The modern consumer is more aware of their options than in previous years. Your role as a business owner is not only to find your prospects but to turn them into life long customers who in turn will find more customers for your business.

In this short book Suzanne gives you plenty of simple and actionable steps to achieve these goals.

Buy it now - a profitable future is all you have to look forward to if you implement these strategies.

Flight of Deceit
Flight of Deceit

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of twists and turns, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Flight of Deceit (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't able to put it down. I had to finish flight of deceit as soon as I started reading it. The story twists and turns so much that if you are like me, you think you will know how it ends a couple of times during your reading only to find your guess is completely wrong.

The scenes with Kevin flying the plane had me mesmerized. I almost felt as if I were in the plane with him. The author has the knack of showing without telling that is not as common in fiction as it should be.

I dont get much time to read - well not as much as I would like lol so this was a perfect length for me. I am really looking forward to more from LT Ryan as the author has a real gift for story telling. If you want a good read then pick up this book. You won't regret it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5