Profile for B. V. Dam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 82

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. V. Dam "California Candyman" RSS Feed (California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Price: $67.99
250 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouse Especially for Larger Hands, December 23, 2013
This is my second Performance MX mouse. I bought one for home and now have one for work. I love this mouse! It fits much better in my hands and the control and styling make it easy to use for long periods whether working or gaming for hours.

The battery life is great and I like the fact that is uses an internal rechargeable (ease and environmentally more sound) and I like the additional buttons. Some mice have buttons on buttons on buttons and it gets cumbersome. This one has the perfect balance of features and overall usefulness.

If they are still available whenever this one goes out, I will buy another one.

BioShock Infinite - PC
BioShock Infinite - PC
Offered by Maplewag
Price: $5.87
66 used & new from $5.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Theme is Just Not My Style, December 23, 2013
This review is from: BioShock Infinite - PC (DVD-ROM)
Graphics and Playability 5 Stars
Theme 2 Stars (Just not a fan)

I played BioShock 1 and enjoyed it so after waiting I finally bought Infinite. Unfortunately I have been playing Borderlands, Mass Effect, Batman, Crysis and realized that I prefer the modern, futuristic like Half Life, FEAR, Call of Duty and the Heavy Metal (the cartoon not the music genre) cartoon styling of Borderlands.

This has an "Oldey Thymey" theme that just loses me. Sorry to fans of this, it is a well made game this is graphically excellent and story and such. It just does not resonate with me.

A-Zoom Precision Snap Caps 12 Gauge (2 Pack)
A-Zoom Precision Snap Caps 12 Gauge (2 Pack)
Price: $10.50
15 used & new from $8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality, Weighted and They Work, December 23, 2013
These are excellent for protecting your investment in fine shotguns.

When considering the price, these are an awesome value. They are well made, weighted to truly simulate the weight of loaded shells with spring loaded primer. I will definitely buy more of these for my other guns.

Eau My 1.7-oz Cologne Spray
Eau My 1.7-oz Cologne Spray
Offered by PriceFair
Price: $38.99
4 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious Review, December 23, 2013
With the litany of humorous reviews, I thought perhaps a more serious one would be helpful albeit less entertaining. How often do people buy scents they never smell? Rarely; me...never. I took a chance on George Takei's Eau My and I am pleasantly surprised. Lacking any experience in describing scents or their sources let me do my best to convey:

It is light and fresh, almost like a fresh linen smell, airy, not heavy, a touch of spice and as it settles in it takes on a pheromone -like character; almost a mild sweat like a mildly hot & bothered perspiration, not sweaty dirty, that my wife says made her head turn (it HAD to be the cologne after 22 years of marriage)

There is a floral note (freesia?) that could be a bit off-putting to guys that prefer spicy, woodsy or heavier night scents. If you like Acqua di Gio, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue or similar, you will like this.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 11:59 PM PDT

Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values
Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values
by Fred Kofman
Price: $18.27
129 used & new from $1.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the Audio CD Too, August 10, 2013
This is an excellent piece of real human education. First, I recommend that you get the audio CD.

Often times audio books are read by a hired reader and many times they suffer from over-annunciation and become distracting as they can be stiff or attempt to be excessively perfect in their language. Fred Kofman speaks as if he is talking to you and his accent is so engaging that you find yourself listening intently; it feels like a one to one coaching.

The concepts are straight forward and have real-world application. You will find that you exhibit many of the behaviors he describes and he explains ways to recognize them and overcome natural negative/destructive tendencies. I have listened to the CD three times and each time I learn more and apply it.

The teachings here have had a positive impact and again are real and fee from touchy-feely-airy-fairy self help gibberish. Fred Kofman is the real deal.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book
Price: $7.91
426 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best children's books of all time, May 20, 2013
My daughter is now 16 so the time for this book is sadly far gone. When my wife was cleaning out the close, she had a stack of books and there were three that were TOTALLY off limts. Miss Spider's Tea Party, a Winnie the Pooh book and The Hungry Caterpillar. I remember reading this to my daughter many times, the corners are all chewed and it is well loved. This is a great story to teach children to read. Kids love it and I could read it over and over because she liked it so much. I look forward to reading it to my grandchildren some day....and Miss Spider's Tea Party.

Django Unchained (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Django Unchained (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Jamie Foxx
Price: $15.99
32 used & new from $9.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Tarantino's Best, April 23, 2013
Actually I was leaning toward a 3.5 as that is where this is compared to other Tarantino films. I love all his movies from Reservoir Dogs to Pulp Fiction, and especially Inglorious Basterds. Don't get me wrong, this is a solid piece of work; I just did not get as drawn in as the others and although his movies are expected to be on the long side, this one tested even a hard core fan's patience at times. Good but not great.

Kick-Ass (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Kick-Ass (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Price: $7.90
157 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best underrated Action Movies, April 23, 2013
I bought this out of curiosity when it came out on DVD and it is one of my all time favorite movies. I really like the actors, the characters they play and the concept. The dialogue is smart, witty and gritty. There is also a warped humor like juxtaposing the Banana Splits song against the violence of this seemingly innocent girl. I just saw that Kick Ass 2 is coming out August 2013 and I hope it is as good or even better. While it is not for everyone, those that like it, love it.

DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars A comedy with potential, April 20, 2013
There were times I really liked this and times I felt the script was a bit cheesy (really the OLD dog poo bag gag!?! YAWN) and tried too hard. My favorite character by far is the history teacher, Ben. The juxtaposing of classic straight-laced uptight guy with full sleeve tats is brilliant and the actor and character are funny as hell (the drug buying scene is legendary). The principal is played by the perfect guy and the librarian is a beautiful AND intelligent character instead of the cliché dumb Blonde slut. I can do without the drunk and sleeping old lady. The other main cast is good, they just need a more polished script to work with. Where BETAS used blue language at the right amount with good timing, this overuses it a bit; sometimes without need or reason. As it develops, I can see this being a great show.

DVD
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I Hope this Really Goes Live, April 20, 2013
This has serious potential. The dialogue, pacing and back and forth banter is fast, intelligent and funny as hell. I was impressed by the quality of the acting and the selection of the cast. I agree with what one reviewer said about being jargony but to me, that is part of the attraction. I am not a techie and I found it more authentic that it contained words and references that I will have to learn and pick up on over time. I love TV and movies where you catch things the 2nd or 3rd time watching. One caveat, how will this hold up over time? Will they eventually get funded, lose it all and start over or be like the Trix rabbit?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9