Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Profile for Risa > Reviews

Browse

Risa's Profile

Customer Reviews: 209

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Risa RSS Feed (Portland, OR)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $17.09
91 used & new from $9.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Readable and applicable to modern life., January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A very decent book: readable and applicable to modern life. The book approach is "holistic", not simply talking about problems we have and changing them, but taking the full cycle into account: What should we do to produce the best outcomes?

iFrogz Luxe Air, Earbuds - Black (IFLUXE-BK0)
iFrogz Luxe Air, Earbuds - Black (IFLUXE-BK0)
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $14.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great sound quality, January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
They do work reliably, but the sound quality is pretty low. Nothing at all compared to iPhone earbuds, and also not as good as typical replacements.

Trtl Pillow - Scientifically Proven Super Soft Neck Support Travel Pillow - Machine Washable Grey
Offered by Trtl
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on a plane, January 21, 2016
The least offensive thing to sleep on that I've found.

DII Bulk Pack Microfiber Cleaning Towels, 16 by 24-Inch, Wine Lattice, Set of 12
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbant and classy looking, January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These do a very good job as microfiber towells even though one side is patterned. The patterned side is less absorbent and less fluffy. But the trade-off is that they look like something you'd have your kitchen counter, not draped over the fender of your car.

DII Elegant, Modern Flower Blossom Lace Design, Water & Wrinkle Resistant, 100% Polyester, Machine Washable Shower Curtain, 72x72", White
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $10.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasts well and is modern looking, January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This curtain is resilient and good looking. It's fairly soft to the touch; when getting in and out of the tub, there's nothing unpleasant about it touching your skin.

Etude House Sunprise Must Daily SPF50+/PA+++
Etude House Sunprise Must Daily SPF50+/PA+++
Offered by Great Richard
Price: $7.90
10 used & new from $6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sunscreen Ever., January 1, 2016
This is my favorite sunscreen. The texture is creamy, almost like a moisturizer. It doesn't "stick" to your skin, instead it glides on smoothly. It's non-greasy.

So far I haven't found a water proof sunscreen that meets these criteria (something about water proofing makes sunscreen "stickier" and greasy, I think) but for everyday purposes, this is hands-down the best I've found.

Cozy Fleece Inc- Fleece Sheet Set Blue Plaid - Full
Cozy Fleece Inc- Fleece Sheet Set Blue Plaid - Full

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sheets ever, September 4, 2015
This is my favorite set of bedsheets. They're so soft without overheating you. It's a month in and they're still quite soft.

GREENIES Bursting Blueberry Dental Chews Regular Treats for Dogs - 12 oz.
GREENIES Bursting Blueberry Dental Chews Regular Treats for Dogs - 12 oz.
Price: $15.99
11 used & new from $15.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love it, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dogs REALLY like these. I wonder if it's because of the strong smell?

Each treat is more "put-together" than a typical dog snack. Treats like Milkbones crumble and snap in half easily, and my dogs chomp-chomp-chomp-gulp and they're finished with a Milkbone, but these take a little more effort. It's more like they need to persistently hrrgg-hrrgg-hrrgg-hrrgg for about 30 seconds to break them apart before being able to eat them. I realize I'm talking about 3 seconds vs. 30 seconds, but this gives you a picture of how un-crumbly these are.

I can't attest to any change in the dogs' dental health because of these; I'm trusting the information on the package for this. I don't know how well these treats will do for your dog after dental issues arise, but as a preventative measure they may work - I'm not entirely sure how you'd test this theory.

Anyways, the dogs love it and I have no complaints.

Philips Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System, professional results at home
Philips Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System, professional results at home
Price: $199.99
6 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Light skin, dark hair is best, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have dark hair and light skin (I do), this product will probably work well for you. If you have freckly skin, very light colored or red hair or very dark skin and dark hair, it's not going to work. Basically, the more contrast between the color of your hair and the color of your skin, the greater the success.

I've had several laser hair removal sessions in a salon over a six-month period on my legs and I'll tell you that even professionally done, your hair will not totally disappear. It will become very fine and light, and some of it will go away, but you can't get rid of all of it. The hair that is remaining, however, is so fine and light that it isn't noticeable anymore and I don't even bother shaving it.

I'm trying this on my underarms and so far this device is pretty similar to what I had done in the salon. The "rubber band snap" prickly feeling is the same, and hair does appear to be disappearing, especially after the first try. I will say I've only been using it on the lowest setting because I'm fairly pain-intolerant, and on the lowest setting it's pretty tolerable.

It doesn't take long - only a few minutes - for each underarm. For such a small area this device is pretty practical, and I like the convenience of being able to do it from home. It does take consistency and effort but it saves you time you'd spend shaving anyways so I think it's entirely worth it. This is also a fraction of the cost of having laser hair removal done in a salon, and so far the results are very comparable.

KettleWorx Power 8 Week Rapid Evolution Kettlebell Weight, 5-Pound
KettleWorx Power 8 Week Rapid Evolution Kettlebell Weight, 5-Pound
Price: $95.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent getting-started guide, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There's a ton of materials here to wade through; it was a little overwhelming when I first got it. However, it is organized and once you read the personal guide and watch the introductory DVD, you'll be good to go.

The (7!) DVDs and materials are color-coded so all you have to do is reference the included chart to see what you need to do, and go to that color DVD to find the workout.

Each workout is comprehensive and includes a warm-up, training, rest period, more training, cool-down and stretching. It moves pretty fast, but after a few tries with each work-out I (a complete beginner) was able to keep up. Each day you end up doing one "basic" video and one "supercharged" video.

You'll probably want to buy more kettlebells - the 5lbs kettlebell is fine for beginners, though for some of the exercises I've never done before I would've liked even lighter kettlebells. If you're already exercising a lot when you start this guide, you'll probably want heavier kettlebells.

Included is also a nutritional meal guide to help you lose weight. I thought this was a nice touch since so many fitness programs focus only on getting ripped, not on what foods to eat!

Lastly, you have to stick to the schedule or it will not work. This set is not for someone who isn't disciplined enough to stick to a schedule, or is too busy to consistently stick to the schedule.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20