Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for B. Great > Reviews

Browse

B. Great's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Great RSS Feed

eBags TLS Mother Lode Mini 21" Wheeled Duffel (Blue Yonder)
eBags TLS Mother Lode Mini 21" Wheeled Duffel (Blue Yonder)
Offered by eBags
Price: $240.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Actual Outside Dimensions of This Bag in this Review, April 7, 2016
Bag just arrived. It is 22" x 15" x 7.5", outside dimensions. It will probably pass all airlines' requirements as a carry-on, although it is technically too wide for some. Why can't they just tell you this in the description? Otherwise, looks like a great bag. Very sturdily made, plenty of room for a week's worth of clothes, including 2 pairs of shoes. I intend to beat the crap out of this bag, so I hope it holds up for a long time.

Casio Women's LWS200H-8ACF Solar Runners 120-Lap Digital Sport Watch
Casio Women's LWS200H-8ACF Solar Runners 120-Lap Digital Sport Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars too big for woman's wrist & white? on a sports watch?, March 6, 2012
This watch has good features at a great price. But it digs into my wrist--it's just too big for a woman's wrist. If I bend my hand, the buttons gouge my wrist a little. I am not a small person, so I think it would be really huge on a petite woman. Casio publishes the size of each watch, and I should have taken heed. It really is just as big as you think it is going to be--as big as the men's watches, in fact. It would help if the edges were more rounded.

ALSO, a white resin band gets dirty very fast if you are at all active. White is for people who sit around, not for people who want a sports watch to actually do sports or other outdoor activity. The pink buckle is an eyesore. Hey Casio designers: Some colors that don't look like they were taken from Barbie's Dreamhouse would be nice!

Casio Women's LW200-2BV Digital Blue Resin Strap Watch
Casio Women's LW200-2BV Digital Blue Resin Strap Watch
Price: $16.30
33 used & new from $11.11

3.0 out of 5 stars No countdown timer!, March 6, 2012
This watch is pretty good and comfortable to wear, but it needs a countdown timer--a feature I use all the time. So many of the other watches have a timer that I didn't even notice that this one does not. I wouldn't have ordered it if I'd noticed. The secondary time feature is pretty useless to me. I'd replace it with a timer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 7:00 PM PST

Timex Women's T5B721 Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50-Lap Watch
Timex Women's T5B721 Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50-Lap Watch
Offered by Mystic Watches
Price: $68.97

3.0 out of 5 stars don't buy for timer, September 24, 2008
I need a watch for timing things ALL the time, on a daily basis. I bought this watch because it has multiple alarms and a timer that can be set for up to 24 hours. Sounded great, but the timer is a waste of time to set! You have to push four different buttons many times each to set the timer. How ridiculous! I could practically time an egg more efficiently by just standing there and counting to 180. Plus, the watch beeps until you push a button to stop it, so if you have your hands full when it goes off, it just goes on and on and on...
I am returning the watch and getting something else.

Somebody's Miracle
Somebody's Miracle
Offered by Bridge_Media
Price: $7.43
88 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Huh., June 11, 2007
This review is from: Somebody's Miracle (Audio CD)
Well, let's start with this: I am A HUGE Liz Phair fan (or, at least, I thought so.) I loved "Exile" and "WCSE" very much, and I intend to get Whip-smart. No matter how many times I listen to these cds, something jumps out, and sucks me in.

In "Exile," the lyrics are phenomenal, and the production is rough; a true masterpiece. It showed a ton of emotion. In "WCSE," Liz expanded her subject matter, and, while her music became a tad more accessible, the lyrics were great and the songs stay in my head. I never regret listening to either of these albums. I skipped over her self-title, because I hate pop, or at least most of it. I feel that pop isn't thought provoking, beautiful, or full of real emotion. I listen to music that does something for me, that MEANS something (no offense if you like pop.)

This album is a toss-up for me. There are plenty of dull pop songs. But then there are some songs that are quickly becoming my favorites. Her sound is good, and I don't mind if it's a bit polished. I really like her voice, despite it not being particularly outstanding. But, I have two issues. First, some of the songs are too similar in melody, and don't stand out. The other is THE LYRICS!! What on Earth happened here? Now, don't get me wrong. It's not the swears or the risque material. I miss the clever rhymes, the candid phrases, the words that stuck in your head and wouldn't go away for weeks. Who told her to rhyme the two most bland and obvious words? These songs could be a lot better if she had given it mor thought.

These are on a scale of 1-10, ten being the best

Leap of Innocence-8. It is pop, but some of the lines are really good, and hint of the old song-writing goodness. It sticks in your mind.

Wind and the Mountain-5 It's okay. It seems a little religious for my tastes. I just can't get into it.

Stars and Planets-2 I'm sorry. This is pure "everyone is wonderful" pop. Overproduced, and just like everything else, but the two comes from the actual melody not being horrible.

Somebody's Miracle-6.5-7 I like the chorus, and I find myself humming it a lot. not the best verses, but you take what you can get.

Got my Own Thing-7 There are some clever lyrics, and I like the beat, but it loses some of its appeal after only a few listens.

Count on my Love-3 Once again-pure pop. The uplifting message is just a little too picture perfect. I like the one pat where she sings the chorus, and all that accompanies it is a twinkling melody of a single guitar.

Lazy Dreamer-3 Pop. One or two good lines, but begging for radio play, and just like anything else already clogging the airwaves.

Everything to Me-7.5 I like this song a lot. The lyrics are frank, like in "WCSE." I also like the melody. Catchy.

Closer to You-6.5 I like the slow, more relaxed quality, like Uncle Alvarez. The lyrics are starting to get back up to where they were on her first three albums. It is a little too sweet for me.

Table for One-10 This is classic Phair, with the low-fi vibe and the great verses. Sad, depressing, stripped-down. It reminds me of "Glory" from "Exile." A great song, and my favorite on the album.

Why I Lie-9 Back with the biting lyrics, a song that energises you. I love it.

Lost Tonight-1 Dreadful.

Everything (between Us)-7.5 I like it. The melody is good, and the singing is faster. I like the chorus, and the lyrics are solid, and are reminiscent of "WCSE"

Giving it all to You- 5-6.5 Pretty good. The pace is good, but the lyrics leave something to be desired. A tad poppy.It seems a tad bland.

Can't Get Out of What I'm Into-8 I NEED to get this off iTunes-I can't believe she took it off the cd. It's really good, probably because it's from pre-Exile.

Overall, the really good songs make this worth getting. If you are like me, and hate pop, just skip over the pop, and it leaves a good twenty minutes of pretty darn good Liz Phair.She has matured, but we can still love her. Perhaps her next release will be another great. I respect that artists can change, so more power to her.

Timex Women's T5F771 Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50/100 Watch
Timex Women's T5F771 Ironman Triathlon Sleek 50/100 Watch
Offered by Mystic Watches
Price: $64.24

1.0 out of 5 stars this watch no good, February 5, 2007
Although the watch probably tells time, I can't see it because the numbers do not show up brightly in the black face. It looks great on line, but it really is useless to me. I can see the numbers if I turn on the light, but who wants to push a switch every time they want to see what time it is??? I am now paying for shipping both ways just to find out that the product can't be used. I will never order another product from Amazon that I have not seen in a store already. It is stupid to pay for shipping just to look at something that isn't any good and that cannot be used.