Profile for Gen of North Coast Gardening > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 219

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gen of North Coast Gardening RSS Feed (California)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InterDesign Foaming Soap Pump Caddy, Clear/Chrome
InterDesign Foaming Soap Pump Caddy, Clear/Chrome
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the kitchen, sponge holder has no drainage or aeration holes, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love foaming pump dispensers and this one for dish soap, with its sponge holder attached, is an awesome choice. I filled it about one ninth full of soap and filled to the fill line with water, shook to blend, and I've had effective soap for washing dishes. It's great using a foaming pump because the soap can do its job without clinging to the dishes and making them small like soapy perfume after. And if you ever wash your hands it's a lot less drying this way.

What I enjoy about this dispenser is that it's clear so I can easily see how much soap is left, and the pump itself works smoothly and doesn't feel jiggly in any way like some other brands do.

The sponge holder doesn't have any drainage or air circulation holes. This is good if you have it on your counter, bad if you keep it right on the edge of your sink. The sponge doesn't dry off as easily at the bottom, but it doesn't make a mess either.

Overall, a solid choice for the kitchen sink area. I like it better for dish soap than the oxo one I'm I using for hand soap because of the sponge holder and how easily I can see the soap level.

Wilson Jones Heavy Duty D-Ring View Binder with Extra Durable Hinge, 1-Inch, White (W385-14WPP1)
Price: $7.49
3 used & new from $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like how the d-ring is not on the spine, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Thoughtful design in the form of clear flaps over the entire outside so you can personalize your binder, a d-ring to allow papers to slide as you flip through them, and interior folders on the inside front and back covers make this binder a pleasure to use.

I really like how the d-ring is not on the spine, where it is likely to break, but is instead on the back cover which is more sturdy.

The one thing I dislike is that the two tabs to open the rings are not optimized in any way, They are just the standard old rig openers which take two hands and a little oomph to use. If they'd fixed that by using some special type of tab I'd be even happier with this simple, no frills binder.

Wilson Jones Heavy Duty D-Ring View Binder with Extra Durable Hinge, 1 1/2-Inch, White (W385-34WPP1)
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great no-frills binder, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While this is obviously a no-frills binder, it actually has some thoughtful design touches which put it above and beyond the competition. It has that plastic sleeve around the outside that allows you to put your own piece of paper in the spine, front, and back covers to personalize your binder. It has folders on the inside front and inside back covers. And the D shaped ring on the interior is placed on the back cover to prevent the spine from wearing out. It also doesn't have that horrible plastic smell that many new binders have, this may be something to do with the fancy materials they use to construct it. Overall, if you are looking for a white binder, this one fills the bill and has the small touches that I appreciate on a product like this.

Wilson Jones Ultra Duty Round Ring View Binder with Extra Durable Hinge, 1-Inch, White (W87902PP2)
Price: $7.29
3 used & new from $7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtfully designed, no-frills binder, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is everything you'd expect from a binder, with a few thoughtful touches which place it above and beyond the competition. It has plastic sleeves around the outside to you can personalize the binder with your own decorated pieces of paper. It has not one but two folder sleeves on both the inside front and inside back covers. And the ring portion has a much easier mechanism to open then do most binders. The ring portion is also set on the back cover which makes it less likely to wear out. Overall, I'm impressed by the thoughtful touches on this no-frills binder.

Wilson Jones Resource Recycled Kraft Binder, Round Ring, 1 Inch, Kraft Brown (W31501)
Price: $10.75
2 used & new from $10.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a plain kraft binder, unappealing texture and no special design touches, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This kraft binder, while getting high marks for sustainability, gets low marks for awesomeness. You know how sometimes you'll use a product, notice all of the fine features and thoughtful design touches, and then realize that it is environmentally friendly? This isn't that product. With this product, you feel like you are swallowing large vitamin pills and about to sit down to a pile of steamed broccoli every time you use the thing.

The recycled kraft cover has no plastic sleeve in which to put your own personalized pieces of paper, and the kraft cover has a rough, unappealing texture that feels like pressed cardboard. The rings are placed on the interior of the spine just like any other binder and the mechanism to work the rings is very plain and simple.

Overall, if you want to be able to compost your binder after you're done using it, this one fills the bill. I'm sure even the metal would rust eventually. I think I'm going to stick to traditional binders that are a little more thoughtfully designed.

Wilson Jones 362 Basic Round Ring View Binder, 1.5 Inches, White (W362-34WV)
Wilson Jones 362 Basic Round Ring View Binder, 1.5 Inches, White (W362-34WV)
Price: $3.01
27 used & new from $0.24

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent, plain binder, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a plain old regular binder with just a couple of differences. As far as its normal stats, it has round rings, the normal type of clasps to open them, and a nice clear shell over the exterior of the binder so that you can put your own decorative piece of paper in the front, spine, and back to differentiate your binder from someone else's.

The one thing I noticed immediately was that it doesn't stink. All of my other binders that I've purchased new from the local pharmacy or superstore have had a strong plasticky smell that's been distasteful. I'm guessing that because this one is PVC free, it avoids that new binder smell of offgassing chemicals.

The other thing is that instead of having me rings on the spine, the rings are on the back cover. I think this is probably a good idea because the spine is less sturdy than the back cover and that is where my binders always break.

Yoga Full Toe Socks (Black with White Stripes), 2 Pairs Value Pack Set, Full Toe Yoga Socks, Non Slip and All Grip Socks, Size S/M
Offered by YogaAddict
Price: $28.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously cute toe socks with grippy bottoms for non-skid workouts, July 30, 2014
These are the most stylish toe socks ever! I go to a cross fit style gym where everyone is encouraged to go barefoot, but my feet just get to cold and dirty and I hate it. However when I wear normal socks I slide around when trying to push the giant tire and feel unsafe lifting anything heavy where I need good stabilization.

These grippy toe socks do the job! They are so cute that I get comments on them with every wear, even from the coaches, who asked where I got them. And because my toes can wiggle I'm not missing out on really feeling what I am doing when I'm walking along a thick rope or doing other proprioceptive and balancing workouts.

I have size 10.5 feet and the socks fit me perfectly in m/l size. I'm just glad they come in a two pack so when one is in the wash I still have a second pair.

This is a great solution to yoga or crossfit where you want to feel barefoot but want your toes to stay warm and comfortable. I also like that I get added protection against the foot fungus so rampant in such gyms.

Infantino Stuff It 2-in-1 Diaper Kit
Infantino Stuff It 2-in-1 Diaper Kit
Offered by Prouhet Enterprises
Price: $18.99
51 used & new from $14.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for short trips out, but the bag is too small to stuff changing pad into one-handed and barely carries the needed items., July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the style factor of this changing pad and stuff sack, and I appreciate that I can fit the changing pad, my OXO portable wipes dispenser, and a single diaper into this compact thing that looks like a purse, but has the soft wetsuit texture of neoprene. I also appreciate that the changing pad has that little bit of padding so that I feel good about putting my son down on it.

Now, for the bad. The zippered pouch is a little too small to easily stuff the changing pad back into it one-handed. I feel that when I'm out and about and holding a squirming baby, who is none too pleased after having his diaper changed in an unusual location, it would be really nice to be able to snap things closed and shove everything back in the bag one-handed. After all, my other hand is holding a baby.

Also, the little non-zippered pouch on the outside of this bag is completely useless. It has a snap so that you can dangle it from a stroller handle, but once the bag is tipped sideways, anything you put in that tiny little pocket on the exterior is just going to fall out.

I love this stylish little bag for lightweight trips out with my umbrella stroller. But for most trips out, I prefer to use a simple zippered wet bag, a cheap flannel blanket as a changer, and two diapers, my OXO portable wipes dispenser, as well as a change of clothes and a hoodie for the little guy in case he gets cold. That's a more economical and functional option. But this one is cute and really perfect for when you don't want to lug a bunch of stuff around - after all, umbrella strollers don't have a storage place to put all of that stuff, so this simple sack is great for those short trips out.

Five Star Advance Wirebound Notebook, 5-Subject, 200 College-Ruled Sheets, 11 x 8.5 Inch Sheet Size, Black (72819)
Offered by 911 DRUGSTORE
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous notebook with a number of thoughtful touches, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will admit it, I have an office product fetish. I love trying all the latest things, and finding whatever small innovations that will make my work life easier and more organized. I'm an adult, and run a landscaping company, a freelance writing company, and have multiple projects and employees that I am managing at any given time.

This notebook is five subjects, has a wonderful little piece of canvas going around the large rings so that the rings don't get caught or bind on anything, and has a little folder at the opening to each subject. The folder is particularly fabulous because on the front side you can put in two distinct bundles of stuff, and on the backside there's room for one more pocket. Given that there are five dividers/folders, that's a lot of paperwork you can file in one notepad. You wouldn't want to, because it would bulge uncomfortably, but the point still stands that it's very thoughtful and cool of them to give us the option.

In addition, there are tabs for each section, but the tabs are up in the upper left-hand corner instead of sticking out the sides were they get in my way. They also have the usual dotted line so you can tear out sheets of paper without having all of those horrible little torn notebook edges, and there is a little elastic loop on the front where you can slide a pen or pencil, even if it doesn't have one of those clippy things.

Needless to say, I absolutely adore this little notebook, as much as you can possibly adore such a thing. Five star has certainly come a long way since the days when I was in college and high school, though I remember even then thinking of it as a top-of-the-line company and loving their continual innovations each year.

Remington Products R5 Lithium Power Series Rotary Shaver
Remington Products R5 Lithium Power Series Rotary Shaver
Price: $49.97
4 used & new from $49.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Shaves well out-of-the-box, but seems a little flimsy which is at odds with its claims about blade longevity, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a perfectly serviceable rotary shaver, and for ladies' shaving such as legs, it did a quick and serviceable job, certainly better than the ladies' electric razor I ordinarily use. However, there is something that feels cheap and plasticky about the construction. It's really at odds with the fact that these blades are supposed to be a longer-lasting, titanium version, because if the blades are going to last a long time, I'd like to feel that the construction overall is sturdy enough to where the rest of the product is going to last as long as the blades will.

Curious, I stole my husband's Norelco shaver, which looks almost identical except for being a different color. Even though the Norelco is over a year old and I've read that you are supposed to replace the shavers regularly, or at least some part of them, I have to say that the Norelco seemed to do an even better job, and the construction seemed a lot less flimsy on the surface. It's possible I'm being biased against this one based purely on looks, but it just doesn't seem to stand up to the Norelco line in terms of seeming as though it's going to last a long time.

My husband tried this shaver on his face, and even though he initially scoffed at it for being lightweight and seeming to be of poor construction than he was used to, he had to admit it did a perfectly fine job, just the same as his usual shaver.

Overall, this is a reasonable choice in the shaving category, but I would wait until it has been out long enough to where reviewers can tell whether it truly lasts over time. If so, I would be able to recommend this shaver wholeheartedly. It certainly does a good job when first out-of-the-box, and I would give it a five star review were it not for my doubts about longevity.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20