Profile for Maria Roark > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maria Roark "roark948" RSS Feed (Alaska)

Fisher Price Kid Tough FP3 Song & Story Player - Pink
Fisher Price Kid Tough FP3 Song & Story Player - Pink
Offered by GlutenFreeSoda *****Use EXPEDITED shipping for guaranteed XMAS delivery*****
Price: $129.99
8 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars good idea but very complicated, May 25, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
A very good idea, but a complete pain to load songs on to. I bought two and the first took so long to do that a year later I still have not attempted the other one.

Better Questions
Better Questions
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $5.00
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars better questions is incredible, October 7, 2007
This review is from: Better Questions (Audio CD)
Todd Agnew continues to inspire with his honesty and amazing lyrics. He talks about things other artists just gloss over. This album is amazing. It is what the church needs to hear and realize. I am so tired of happy peppy everything is going to always be alright music. Life is hard. People have real pain. It is okay to ask questions. This album is refreshing and one of best out there. I highly recommend it.

EP Kate York
EP Kate York
6 used & new from $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Kate York is an amazing singer, April 22, 2006
This review is from: EP Kate York (Audio CD)
This EP is so amazing. Kate York has such an incredible voice. I first heard her music on her page on myspace.com and became an instant fan.

Grown
Grown
26 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kendall Payne is amazing!, October 5, 2005
This review is from: Grown (Audio CD)
I have been a big fan of Kendall's since seeing her in concert almost 5 yeas ago. She has an amazing voice, and her lyrics are great. I am so glad to see her back. I am amazed that the industry made us wait this long! The song Pray is amazing. This is a great CD. You can find out her story on her webpage, kendallpayne.com . I love her music and I hope to see her in concert again soon. I really hope more music follows in the future and that she gets the support she deserves this time !

Toy Story:  Search and Rescue Buzz Lightyear
Toy Story: Search and Rescue Buzz Lightyear

3.0 out of 5 stars Buzz toy, August 12, 2005
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This Buzz Toy is pretty good. My son likes it but did not care for the back pack part. He does not like that legs do not let the Buzz sit down.

Baby Babble - Speech-Enhancing DVD for Babies and Toddlers
Baby Babble - Speech-Enhancing DVD for Babies and Toddlers
DVD ~ Made by Speech Therapists
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $11.20

1.0 out of 5 stars speech enhancing DVD's, May 25, 2005
As a parent of a child with autism and speech delays who is 6 I have purchased and veiwed several of the language enhancing dvd's. This is the most disappointing. This one is very expensive for the quality you get. It does not hold my son's attention, and my 18 month old hates it. She runs into another room. It is poorly made. I would recommend the following over it :

Talking Hands , My Baby can Talk -First Signs, and any of the Baby Bumble Bee Dvd's. These are well done and they have helped my son learned to talk. He started talking at age three from watching Talking Hands.

To get your money's worth I recommend buying one of those instead of this one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 6:17 AM PST

Elijah's Cup: A Family's Journey into the Community and Culture of High-Functioning Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
by Valerie Paradiž
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A mother's story, June 21, 2002
I have been reading many books on autism lately and I wanted one from a Mother's perspective. This one is so moving in parts you burst into tears, yet they also have incredible adventures and stories that make you smile. Elijah sounds like a wonderful little boy and reading how he progressed over the years was very touching and informative. I learned much more from this book than many books I have read. When you are a parent of a child facing a disability it is so helpful to get another parents story that has been there. The mother has such patience and love despite many hardships and much pain. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your world and the world of your son.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy for a toddler boy, April 7, 2002
My son is a late talker so he needs toys that encourage language. Usually we get a toy and it lasts about five minutes and he is off but this one has been excellent. He thinks he is using his own computer like mommy and daddy do and he loves it! He loves the counting and alphabet part the most and he is constantly pulling it out to play with. I recommend this toy highly. The legs do come out if he is a little rough but you can sit the toy on the floor or table and it works great too. Gret toy!! Great fun!!

Elmo's World - Wild Wild West [VHS]
Elmo's World - Wild Wild West [VHS]
VHS
34 used & new from $0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Wild West, February 13, 2002
My son loves Elmo. Who couldn't love the furry little three year old. Elmo comes out in a cowboy outfit and teaches about the old west and how to ride a horse. We have quite a collection of Elmo video's but this one is his favorite by far. He loves the part with Travis Tritt singing the story of Pecos Bill and also the part where the Noodle's line dance. Since we got this one it has been the most watched in our house. My husband and I even know all the songs by heart!! I highly recommend this one. It is a must have for any Elmo lover. I am excited to see they are now also coming out on DVD.