ARRAY(0x97c13348)

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TT in MA RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber 3 Section Tripod with Q90 Column and Magnesium Castings (Black)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $299.88
2 used & new from $299.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Light, Quality!, April 6, 2014
I did not purchase this product from Amazon, but it was such a great buy I felt I had to say something to help others make a choice. I purchased this from a local camera store; it was used, and a floor model, but it was still in AMAZING shape! The Q90 plastic mechanism was scuffed a little, and it seems slightly loose, but it works like a charm. The legs work perfectly, and the flip locks are solid. They are quick and easy to use. I had been looking at the Vanguard model similar to this (283CT) but I chose this one because I had a Manfrotto 496RC2 head and I found that the twist locks were not my style. I also am pleased with just 0-90 degrees over the Vanguard's 0-180.

Height wise, I am around six feet and with the tripod's column down and both legs extended, it was around my shoulders. With the head and a D7100 attached, it was just below eye level. Perfect size! With the center column extended, it was well above my head. Stability isn't a big issue. I cannot speak for the stability of a new model, but this one seems a little flexible. The ability to change the leg angle makes it much more stable. At the 45 degree (?) angle, and with the column extended, it is VERY solid, even with the camera attached.

Overall, I would highly recommend this tripod to anyone who wants high quality and flexibility, and for a price that won't suck your entire wallet dry!

Lowepro Fastpack 250 Camera/Laptop Backpack
Lowepro Fastpack 250 Camera/Laptop Backpack
Price: $82.95
50 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for light travel photographers, April 5, 2014
This bag was put through its paces carrying a basic kit (D7100, Tokina 12-28mm f4, NIKKOR 55-300mm VR, and NIKKOR 35mm f1.8) on a trip in the Galapagos Islands. It also had a notepad, filters, memory card case, charger, extra batteries, Kindle e-reader, and small miscellaneous accessories. The weight in hand was heavy, but as soon it was on my back, it felt like almost nothing! The straps work great, and the side access was very useful to quickly grab the camera. The interior is modular, but it is dark gray so it is was hard to find little things, but this wasn't a huge disappointment for me. Overall, a great bag for smaller kits; on other trips, the laptop compartment fit my Lenovo Z580 Ideapad perfectly (~15 inches long).

Anker® 18W / 3.6A Dual-Port USB Wall Charger / Portable Travel Charger - Simultaneous, full-speed charging(white)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, March 8, 2014
This charged my ipad air and Samsung S4 very quickly. I was even using an adapter in Europe and it still charged my devices quickly. After trying many others that didn't really work, I am very happy. I am going to buy another one for my wife.

Valkyrie Burning (Warrior's Wings)
Valkyrie Burning (Warrior's Wings)

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 3 of the series keeps it coming, February 24, 2014
Great to get my hands on book 3. Very interesting story with some happy and some sad turns. Characters are still interesting and battles are easy to follow. Once again a good example of the genre with some interesting surprises. If you like 1 and 2, you will like this one.

Steel World (Undying Mercenaries Series)
Steel World (Undying Mercenaries Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good one - looking forward to #2, February 24, 2014
A sign of any good book beginning a series - I can't wait for the next one. The space marine story of grunt working his way up is not a new one BUT this is told very well. You care about the characters and want to see how things turn out. Interesting settings and battles as well.

The Valhalla Call (Warrior's Wings)
The Valhalla Call (Warrior's Wings)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book four, February 24, 2014
This continued the rapid paced action from the first books. I really liked the characters - some you root for and others you don't. interesting battles and space navy stuff. Recommend it if you like this genre.

Walking with Jack: A Father's Journey to Become His Son's Caddie
Walking with Jack: A Father's Journey to Become His Son's Caddie
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A sobering book, February 24, 2014
I liked this but as a father of a teen golfer, it reminds me of how we often fall into the mistake of trying to live our lives through our children. I love books about golf and this did not disappoint. What was unexpected was the "life lesson" that this golf book shared about family and parenting. Recommended especially for parents of aspiring golfers.

Two Years in St. Andrews: At Home on the 18th Hole
Two Years in St. Andrews: At Home on the 18th Hole
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.38

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this, February 24, 2014
As a struggling golf addict, I really enjoyed this book of an experience that I can only dream about. It moves along quickly with fun descriptions of St. Andrews and the R&A - amazing that a Yank was able to become so highly regarded in those organizations. Read this in the winter and makes me want to go play. I recommend it for anyone who likes books about golf by people who like golf.

Zero's Return (The Legend of ZERO)
Zero's Return (The Legend of ZERO)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the Legend, February 24, 2014
After months of waiting, it is finally here and I am not disappointed. I could not put it down. The multiple storylines are compelling but make me want to rush through since I am anxious to know what is happening to the others. As frustrating as this can be, it is a good thing since it means that you care about what is going on. The story line is a really interesting take on a post-apocalyptic world. Cannot wait for Redemption! Start with Forging Zero if you are just getting into this series - you wont regret it.

ZAGG HD invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPad Air (HD)(Screen)(Wet Apply)
ZAGG HD invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPad Air (HD)(Screen)(Wet Apply)
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen cover, February 22, 2014
I love the zagg covers. I have used on several phones and 3 iPads. Really protect the screen well. They are pretty easy to install if you make sure to wet your fingers well, the cover and the screen. Apply from one edge and lay down across the device. Use the squeegee to move air bubbles from middle of screen outward towards the edges. Highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6