Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for duststorm > Reviews

Browse

duststorm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

duststorm "cajie" RSS Feed (Kuwait)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Olympus BLN-1, BCN-1 and Olympus OM-D E-M1, OM-D E-M5, PEN E-P5
Price: $22.99
4 used & new from $21.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., October 31, 2013
This is my 3rd Wasabi battery set. I've used them on Panasonic GX1 and GoPro Hero3. For half the price of 1 original battery, you get two, plus a very versatile charger.
The charger is the main reason I go for this brand. Besides being very compact, what really sets this charger apart is its ability to charge via a standard car adapter. This has proved very handy when going for long road trips. The battery can charge while driving.
The only problem with these batteries is that they are not decoded (this is clearly mentioned in the description). This means that the battery level will drop from 100% to 0% without warning. But this is a small price to pay when they cost 1/4th the price of an original battery.

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16MP and 3-Inch LCD (Body Only) (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
31 used & new from $584.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best m4/3 camera in the market., October 22, 2013
I am a Nikon FX shooter (D800). But I also shoot micro 4/3 when I want to travel light. I have used both the Panasonic GF1 and the GX1. When both the GX7 and E-M1 were announced, it was a tough call. I went with the E-M1 because of the excellent weather sealing, a better grip, and of course the renowned IBIS (Image stabilization) system that got rave reviews on their previous model, the E-M5.
When I received my pre-order from Amazon, I knew I was holding a serious piece of photography equipment in my hand. It just feels rock solid. I paired it with the Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8, and the combination is just outstanding. Focusing is as quick as the D800, and I love the pictures that come straight out of the camera. As of this writing, I haven't managed to process the RAW files so my impressions are based only on the JPG output.
The IBIS is just outstanding. I have shot at 1/10th of a second and the images are tack sharp. Some reviewers have posted handheld images shot at 1 and 2 seconds, which seems mind boggling.
The price does seem a bit steep, but it is worth every cent.
If you are into micro four-third, this is the camera to get.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 11:54 AM PDT

Gitzo GT3541 Series 3 Carbon 6x 4 Section G-Lock Tripod - Replaces GT3540 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Solid Tripod., January 3, 2013
I've gone through a number of tripods from the cheap chinese ones, to the SLIK carbon-fiber to a Manfrotto. As I do a lot of long-exposure photography, I realized that if I want the absolute best image, I need to invest in the absolute best in the market. So Gitzo it was. This was on my "wish list" for a couple of months while I debated on spending $650. One day, I noticed it was on sale of $500. My credit card never stood a chance.
Holding the tripod in your hand, you can immediately see why it commands such a premium. It feels light yet rock-solid. Legs can be quickly adjusted and locked with a simple twist mechanism.
The center column can be removed without the need for any tools for additional stability, or to go very low on the ground.

My Sister the Vampire #1: Switched
My Sister the Vampire #1: Switched
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner., January 3, 2013
I actually purchased this for my 9-year old daughter, who read it from start to finish without lifting her eyes from the book - or getting up from the bed.

Marshall V-LCD-MT Monitor Adapter 1/4" Mount Adapter To Video Camcorder Hot Shoe For LCD Monitors
Offered by HD TOYS
Price: $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for mounting external audio recorder, June 11, 2012
I purchased this to mount a TASCAM TASCAM DR-07MKII Portable Digital Recorder audio recorder on my GX1. The product is well-built and sturdy, and easy to setup.
The flash mount screw ensures that the adapter is firmly secured, while the ball head allows easy positioning of whatever you place on top. I have uploaded a picture showing my setup.
Great value for money.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Panasonic DMW-BLD10, DMW-BLD10E, DMW-BLD10PP, DE-A93B and Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, DMC-GF2, DMC-GX1
Offered by Blue Nook
Price: $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Panasonic GX1., May 22, 2012
I wanted spare batteries for my GX1 for a long trekking trip I am planning. For half the price of the original battery, you get 2 batteries, a charger, and more importantly, a car adapter that can charge the battery while on the go. It was as if this was designed with me in mind.
I love the fact that these have 50% more power than the original battery. They work perfectly in my GX1 and I have been using them for the past few days to gauge their real-world performance. As expected, the battery level indicator does not work due to the proprietary chip that Panasonic puts in their own batteries; but as long as I am getting the shots, I can live with the little inconvenience.
Overall, a perfect and affordable companion to the GX1.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2012 11:41 AM PDT

PIXEL Oppilas/RW-221/L1 Wireless Shutter Remote Control
PIXEL Oppilas/RW-221/L1 Wireless Shutter Remote Control
Offered by KirkExpress
Price: $19.50
12 used & new from $14.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect remote control solution for the GX1., May 19, 2012
I was looking around for a remote control solution for the Panasonic GX1. The official RSL1 is a wired solution Panasonic DMW-RSL1 Remote Shutter Release for Panasonic DSLR and FZ50, and at $50, it is pretty expensive.
While looking around for other options, I came across this one - and even though the GX1 is specifically not mentioned in the descripton, I did some digging around and found out that it can actually work with the GX1. Also, at half the price of the RSL1, it works as a wireless remote. The description says 100 meters, but I will be more than happy if it works in the 10 meter range.
The product came nicely packaged. It works perfectly with the GX1.
Just make sure that the 3 pin connector goes into the camera, and the 2 pin connector goes into the remote.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2012 11:14 PM PDT

Olympus E-P2 12.3 MP Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens (Electronic View Finder not included)
Offered by OneDealOutlet Online
Price: $204.99
9 used & new from $158.87

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect balance between form, functionality and price., September 4, 2011
I am a Nikon shooter but felt the need for a second smaller and lighter body to carry around for casual occasions - or when carrying a 10Kg bag filled with a Nikon D300 DX 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) and assorted lenses is not an option (trekking or long walks comes to mind).

When Olympus released their new Olympus PEN E-P3 12.3 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with MSC M. Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm II R f3.5/5.6 Zoom Lens (Silver), The price of E-P2 dropped to a tantalizing $499 (with the 14-42 lens). I jumped at the opportunity to get on to the m4/3 bandwagon. A Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Nikon G-type lens to MFT Micro 4/3 four thirds cameras, Olympus Pen E-PL1, E-P2, E-P1, E-PL2, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, G2, GH2, GF1, GH1 G10 adapter that helps me mount my existing Nikkor lenses also helped me make the final decision.

The camera looks and feels solid - with lots of buttons for common functions (just the way I like it).

What I like about this camera:
a. The price
b. Small form factor without compromising on image quality
c. Ability to mount Nikkor lenses with the adapter (focusing is manual only)
d. Physical buttons for common tasks
e. Sleek retro design with all metal construction.
f. HD movie (720p) with great sound quality.
g. Good low-light performance (especially when paired with the Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 Aspherical Pancake Lens for Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Cameras)

What I wish it had:
a. A built in EVF (the optional Olympus VF-2 Electronic ViewFinder (Black) costs an atrocious $250)
b. A built in flash
c. A faster auto-focus. This has been addressed in the E-P3 and to some extent with a firmware update in E-P2, but it struggles in low-light situations.

But for now, I am very happy with my purchase. Highly recommended for someone who wants to upgrade from a P&S experience, or as a second body that is much easier on your shoulders and neck.

Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Nikon G-type to Micro 4/3 Olympus PEN and Panasonic Lumix Cameras
Price: $30.59
2 used & new from $30.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion for m4/3 camera owners with Nikon Lenses, September 4, 2011
I have a bunch of superb Nikon lenses, so when I bought an Olympus E-P2, I added this to the order in order to make use of my existing lens collection. The product looks and feels solid with its all-metal construction. Mounts nicely to the E-P2 and the all my Nikon lenses are usable with this adapter. I love how my 50mm suddenly becomes a great portrait lens at 100mm, and the 80-400mm becomes a great super-telephoto.
A must-have accessory if you have existing Nikon lenses - and invest in a micro 4/3 body.

Creative Labs Vado HD 8 GB Pocket Video Camcorder, 2nd Generation (Black Gloss with Maroon Accents) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $78.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little gadget, November 21, 2009
I bought this for my 5-year old. I only had to show her how to power on the device (as you need to hold to power button for 1 second or so to start the device). After that, she just figured out how to record, play back and even delete stuff from the device.
It's the simplicity (and the acceptable video quality) that makes me give this 5-star rating. Uploading to youtube is also a one-click affair.

Here's an example video shot by my daughter
[...]

Without the Vado, I would not have been able to have cherished moments like this.
I know that the Flip is the king in this category, but I found this on special offer on Amazon for $[...] which I thought was an excellent deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3