Profile for Carlos M Lopez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carlos M Lopez RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Sas 8708EM2 Megaraid Kit 8PORT 3GB Sata Pcie 256MB
Sas 8708EM2 Megaraid Kit 8PORT 3GB Sata Pcie 256MB
Offered by Aeon Micro, Inc.
Price: $95.00
3 used & new from $79.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good RAID card, August 2, 2014
The MegaRaid Sas 8708EM2 it is an old card but it works with my Z87 Sabertooth motherboard. I installed the manager on W7, I created at first a raid0 then a raid5 to test the card and so far so good. It recognized three brands of discs that I have, but it can not work with discs higher than 2TB. The firmware that I got is 1.40.342-1650

Diesel Men's Spark Lace-Up
Diesel Men's Spark Lace-Up
Price: $74.99 - $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool and comfortable pair of shoes, January 4, 2013
These Diesel's Spark are very cool and comfortable pair of shoes, they go along with your jeans nicely. They are half textile and half leather, with some light grey lines on random places over the shoes, those kind of detail are what make Diesel an unique brand. I picked up the fossil brown ones.

1X5.25-4X2.5 Sata/sas Raid
1X5.25-4X2.5 Sata/sas Raid
3 used & new from $79.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, reliable and silent., November 9, 2011
This backplane is what I was looking for, solid, reliable and silent. I have four 1T samsung hdd, I tested as single disks to see temps and try the hot swapping. Everything was ok, the temps were about 30C and the swapping was just fine. Now I have the set as RAID 5. Great purchase for my home server.
Comment Comment | Permalink

OCZ Technology 60GB Agility 3 Series SATA 6Gb per second 2.5-Inch Midrange Performance Solid State Drive (SSD) with Max 525MB per second Read and Max 80K IOPS- AGT3-25SAT3-60G
2 used & new from $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars too Fast too Unstable (Z68 mobo), September 30, 2011
The Agility 3 drive leads to the top the Windows Experience Index, 7.9!!!... unfortunately it gave me 4 to 5 Bsod the very first week since the day of the Win7 installation on my Z68v-pro (FW 606), I had to power off the pc in order to get back the drive on the Bios that's more than I can bear. The guys from OCZ's forum are blaming the intel sata III ports of this chipset. Even the new Ocz FW 2.13 has no progress in some user from what I've read. My solution is easy it only requires a screwdriver and a drive swapping: first I took my rock solid intel 320 from my toshiba Portege R705 and put it on the PC (Asus mobo) and then I put the Agility3 on the laptop, easy, right? Since then more than two weeks and just one Bsod on the laptop (btw it has an Intel Core i5-540M cpu and Intel HM55 Chipset sata II) maybe the Ocz guys have a point there (or they don't), but that makes me think of why the intel 320 SSD is so stable plugged at the same ports (pc's & laptop's)?? o_O
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2011 6:02 PM PDT

EverCool Dual 5.25 in. Drive Bay to Triple 3.5 in. HDD Cooling Box
EverCool Dual 5.25 in. Drive Bay to Triple 3.5 in. HDD Cooling Box
Offered by XOXIDE
Price: $22.69
6 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device for cooling, August 28, 2011
This is a great device. it does its job effectively, it matches my PC case and it's cheap... My three HDD decreased their temps on 6C degrees and more if you just put two drives. One more advantage is you can accomodate 3 HDD in two 5.25 slots leaving room for future expantion. It has a silent 80mm fan, you have to touch the front panel to know that it is working. It has a very convenient dust filter can be cleaned any time easily. To summarize, good buy to reduce the temperature of the hard drives.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 6:38 PM PDT

Intel 320 Series 80 GB SATA 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive Brown Box
Intel 320 Series 80 GB SATA 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive Brown Box
Offered by PC Parts Depot
Price: $123.51
29 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars at last, the solution from Intel is here, August 5, 2011
I bought this drive on july 6 2011 and I still have not dared to install on my laptop. As soon as I ordered it I went to the Intel web site to download the last firmware to have everything ready for the installation. Checking the support forum I read many post written since june 1 2011 about a fatal flaw in this series. By the end of july Intel acknowleged the flaw as "Bad Context 13x Error" and today august 5 I still have the drive sealed on its package waiting for the solution from Intel (I don't want to use a SSD with few months of life span). At this point I regret to have sold my Intel X25 drive to buy this one supposedly with an improved reliability.

*** UPDATE AUGUST 22 2011 ****
Intel finally released the new firmware so I updated my drive, let's hope this solution will be permanent. I give two more stars to the product because this drive is as fast as the X25M that I had but I dont know about its reliability, and so far so good.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2011 7:00 PM PDT

TP-LINK TL-WR740N  Wireless N150 Home Router,150Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button
TP-LINK TL-WR740N Wireless N150 Home Router,150Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button
Offered by pcrush-outlet
Price: Click here to see our price
93 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device and DDWRT friendly router, April 25, 2011
I was in search of economic router to extend the reach of my wireless network. So I bought the router TpLink wr740n version 2 (the one with the UFO shape) which conforms with this premise, however I did not expect anything special from this wireless router, if it was capable of maintaining a speed of 54Mbps I'd be satisfied.

So being a low-cost device and with the purpose of conducting a performance test, I decided to change the stock firmware with DDWRT firmware and that was an excellent decision, the device provides a super stable signal, wireless speed of 65Mbps at mixed mode BGN, it could reach the 150Mbps at N mode but I have to bear with my old wifi devices, good power (the router wr740n comes with a 5dBi antenna), the wan port (blue) is now an additional switch port, I bought it a month ago and I have not had to reboot it.

Summarizing, this router, as second AP, is just what I needed plus all the improvements and tweaks the DDWRT firmware provides, it was an Excelent purchase.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2012 9:42 AM PDT

Vantec NexStar CX NST-300SU-BK 3.5-Inch SATA to USB 2.0 and eSATA External Hard Drive Enclosure (Black)
Price: $22.99
29 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Enclosure For The Price, March 2, 2011
This is an enclosure easy to install for USB 2.0/eSATA and it does what it promises. I plugged my spare laptop's HDD (2.5" and 5400RPM) on it so I had to put some tape to tighten. Using the eSATA port the transfer rates are awesome, copying a file from the enclosure to my laptop the rate was 75MB/s, and from the laptop to the enclosure was almost instantaneous (dont know if the cache system has something to do with that).

The package come with a power adaptor, eSATA cable, USB 2.0 cable, eSATA connector for PC. To summarize, this is an excellent enclosure for the price.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Toshiba Portégé R705-P41 TruBrite LED 13.3-Inch Laptop (Metal/Blue)
Toshiba Portégé R705-P41 TruBrite LED 13.3-Inch Laptop (Metal/Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class laptop, medium class keyboard., February 7, 2011
The Portege R705-P41 is a great laptop, it comes with excellent config for the price and the look is astonishing, but unfortunately it isn't flawless machine, mine makes an annoying sound when the space bar is pressed on the right end. However, I give it five stars because it gets the job done fast and easy.

Kingston ValueRam 4GB PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory KVR1333D3S9/4G
Offered by I.T. Surplus Liquidators
Price: $49.95
8 used & new from $44.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingstone for Toshiba lappy, January 30, 2011
I read somewhere that Kingstone's RAM are good for the Toshiba laptops, so I bought this one for my Satellite A665 and it worked like a charm.

Page: 1 | 2