Profile for IAMSLICK > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 998

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IAMSLICK RSS Feed (Roswell, GA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit Of Christmas
Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit Of Christmas
Price: $11.88
33 used & new from $8.73

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Amazing Christmas Album, December 16, 2014
This Christmas album is just awesome! The production is big and polished and professional. The talent level is off the charts. When you combine the WW album sales of the artists on this album you come to roughly 316M in sales, which is really unbelievable.

I know what your thinking...."Is this a country album?" Looks that way doesn't it...but it absolutely is not. There is nothing country about this album. This album will play well anywhere, north south east or west.

I have listened to this album over and over again and I haven't got tired of it yet. I could comment on each song, but a few standout performances are "Almost There" with Amy Grant and "What Child is This" with Martina McBride and "Peace" with Michael McDonald. Wish I could have heard more from Michael McDonald because he has a million dollar voice, but he remained in the background and blended beautifully. Carrie Underwood also gives a huge performance in "All is Well".

To sum it up, this is a really good album worth having this holiday season. It is averaging 92% four/five star reviews, and honestly if you read the one/two star reviews they leave you scratching your head.

Samsung Chromebook 2 XE500C12-K01US 11.6-Inch Laptop (Metallic Silver)
Samsung Chromebook 2 XE500C12-K01US 11.6-Inch Laptop (Metallic Silver)
Price: Click here to see our price
38 used & new from $222.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Eye Opening Product, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very eye opening product for me, and I think for anyone who has been a traditional and loyal Microsoft Windows user. I have been using computers since long before Windows 95 came along, and I know Windows very well. I didn't know anything about this product until using it over the last month. So my review is both of "Chrome OS", as well as Samsung's hardware that runs it.

First of all, Samsung has done a great job with the hardware. This laptop is a great size. Big enough to see what you're doing, but small, light, and thin at the same time. The laptop measures 11.5" wide x 8" deep x 5/8" thick, and only weighs 2.5lbs according to the specs...it actually feels lighter than that. The screen size is 10.25" x 5.75" (59 sq/in). Compare that with an iPad which has a 7.75" x 5.75" (44.5 sq/in) screen size. I realize they are totally different products, but I'm just giving you a frame of reference. The keyboard has a nice feel to it, the screen looks very sharp and colorful, and the whole thing feels like it is built very sturdy. The one weak feature is the camera, which is grainy in any lighting condition, but still does the job if you want to snap a quick picture or record video. I have even heard you can get Skype to run on this laptop, but I didn't personally verify that. The laptop also has 2 USB ports, 1 HDMI port, a MicroSD slot, and a headphone jack, AND it also has Bluetooth.

I checked the following features that I normally expect a Windows based laptop to do:
1) Can I attach an external keyboard and mouse? Yes, as long as they are USB or Bluetooth based. Works great!
2) Can I plug a USB thumb drive into this computer? Yes! This was surprising to me, but I took a thumb drive and plugged it into the USB port on my Windows 8.1 desktop, copied a .TXT, .DOC, .XLS, .PDF, and .JPG file onto it. Then I ejected the thumb drive and plugged it into the Samsung Chromebook and it was able to seamlessly read the thumb drive and process each of the files so I could read them. Even Microsoft's .DOC and .XLS. It even converted the .DOC to .DOCX for me. Wow!
3) Can I use an external monitor or TV with this laptop? Yes! As long as it is HDMI based. I plugged an HDMI cable into this laptop and then into my 55" Samsung HDTV and successfully used it as a monitor. A special control button automatically appears on the desktop and when you click it you can then mirror your screen to a TV or monitor, or even make it primary, which definitely gave me the best result on my TV. It claimed 1080p!

Now onto Google Chrome. It is very easy to learn because it is intuitive and simple. Google Chrome OS doesn't have near the features that Windows has, but it has all of the features you need to surf the web, check email, play music, create documents, spreadsheets, slide presentations, etc. It will also work with any of the other cloud based software tools out there like Office Online. I thought about calling this a "Cloudbook" because you don't really install software on this product. After all, it only has a 16GB drive! Everything is done on the web. I really like that the Google apps all auto save your work. You literally never have to worry about saving. It keeps track of your progress right down to the keystroke. One benefit of having such a light weight OS is that it boots in about 12 seconds, and shuts down in 5-6 seconds. One down side to being a Cloudbook is that you can't run iTunes, or another browser like FireFox, which I actually prefer to Chrome. I did read, though, that Google will help you lift all of your music out of iTunes so that you can play it on a Google Chrome device. Another difference from Windows is that Printing is accomplished in a different way on a Chromebook. You can print, but not via WiFi to a WiFi printer or via USB. Instead you connect to Google Cloud Print service and do it from there. So not very straight forward and kind of a drawback if you need to print a lot. You can also buy an ePrint enabled printer. There are plenty of instructions on the internet that will guide you through setup. Another thing that I noticed is that the concept of patching the OS, security updates, viruses, etc don't appear to be a problem with Chrome OS, which is a HUGE benefit.

In summary, this is a great product at a great price. I have owned a NetBook, and this is much better because it is lighter, thinner, faster, and much easier to use. I think this product makes a great web surfer that you keep in between the cushions of your couch so you can look stuff up at a moment's notice. Just close the lid and it goes to sleep. Open the lid and it wakes right back up. I think this product could even be used as a cheap student laptop since a child could research things on the web, type a paper, copy files to a USB thumb drive, print, etc. Using this product for a month, and hearing the comments from family members has changed the way I look at Chrome OS, and I definitely see a place for Chromebook(s) in our technology stack here at home.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 1:11 PM PST

CANON PIXMA iP110 Wireless Mobile Printer With Airprint(TM) And Cloud Compatible
Price: $194.25
8 used & new from $189.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile Printers Sure Have Come a Long Way!, December 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mobile Printers Sure Have Come a Long Way! I used to have one way back in the 90's that was a small bubble jet printer that printed in black and white. You had to feed it one sheet at a time I think, and each page took more than a minute.

Fast forward to today, and we have here the Canon Pixma iP110 mobile printer. It measures 12.75" wide x 7.25" deep x 2.375" high. A nice little brick that will likely fit in a standard laptop backpack with ease. Note: When you raise the paper guide and the paper exit tray drops the printer becomes 11" deep. So fully open on your desktop it only uses about 13" x 11". So not only is it a mobile printer, it can also be used where there is next to no available desk space.

The Canon Pixma iP110 is a little more difficult to set up than a traditional inkjet printer because you first have to install the print head. There are ample and clear instructions on how to do this, it's just an extra step that you definitely don't want to mess up. After that you add two ink cartridges, and that is very easy, just like any other inkjet printer.

This printer comes with a software CD, black and color ink, the print head, and alignment paper that helps you set up the printer. After setting up the printer's physical needs, you need to attend to it's electronic needs by going to canon.com/ijsetup. There you will find software and driver setup options for Windows PC, MAC OS, IOS, Andoid, and even a Windows RT Device (tablet). I chose the IOS version and it took me to iTunes where I downloaded the free Canon app called "PIXMA/MAXIFY Printing Solutions". Once you download and install the app, it's very easy to setup wireless for the printer, which helps everything else like laptops and PCs access the printer. You can then even print from your iPhone. It works great. I took an email with an attachment and printed that, and then I just chose a picture and printed that too. My one gripe is that there isn't a lot of control over how you print, like paper size, image size, draft mode, etc. All of these types of controls are of course available for your PC.

There is an optional battery for this printer (LK-62), which I think is a neat idea for road warriors. The battery is an external 'brick' that kind of plugs into the back of the printer. I'm not sure if you can print to this printer wirelessly without a router present, but I would imagine you could. if not, make sure you pack a USB cable to connect to your laptop.

The ink comes in two cartridges (CLI-36 color, and PGI-35 Black). I didn't see any estimated pages per cartridge on Canon's site, but Costco indicated 100 pages for the CLI-36, 200 pages for the PGI-35, and 600 pages for their combo pack that contains 1 color cartridge and 2 black cartridges for $38. Not too bad. I don't think you should expect a portable printer to be as cheap on ink as a regular desk printer.

The image quality is as good as any other Canon or HP desktop inkjet printer. I was really surprised at the quality of the picture I printed!

All in all, this is great mobile or small-form-factor printer with no compromises!

DII Home Essentials 300 Thread Count 100% Cotton Top Fabric, 8-Ounce, Medium Fill, Breathable, Hypo Allergenic Plush Basic Mattress Pad, Queen
Price: $50.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Mattress Pad, November 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mattress pad is a huge improvement over a standard non-padded one. It adds a soft feel to a bed, without making it squishy and non-supportive. It will even better insulate you from the memory-foam-sleeps-hot effect some beds have. My one criticism of this pad is that it is short by 1" on all sides, so you don't get complete coverage. Kind of strange. Otherwise it's great. We have a 15" deep mattress, and this pad easily fits over it with room to spare. If you're waking up a little sore in the morning, give this pad a try. It may just be the soft touch you need to get a good night's sleep again.

Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
by Dav Pilkey
Price: $7.79
90 used & new from $3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best ones yet, November 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read some of this book with my 7 year old son, and he read a bunch of it by himself. This book was hilarious, had us both laughing. These Capt Underpants books are just a good change of pace from all the serious reading kids have to do these days. Boys especially like potty humor, and these books have plenty of that. This book would make a great stocking stuffer for a boy between the ages of 7-10.

Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0, Graphite/Collegiate Navy, Large
Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0, Graphite/Collegiate Navy, Large
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A Staple in my Wardrobe, November 13, 2014
I buy one of these every year during fall. I wear it almost every day around the house when it is cold. This fleece is soft, comfortable, and fits well. I am 6ft tall and weigh about 190lbs and the large is perfect for me. I like that Columbia has so many choices of color and style. I am on my 4th one since 2006, and each one has been great. I wear them for a year or two and then donate them and get a new one. They don't wear out. I just want a newer fresher look. This type of fleece will keep you warm when it's in the 50's outside, as long as it's not too windy. It does not stop wind. It will not really keep you warm if it is in the 30's or 40's for an extended amount of time. This is OK for me since I live in Atlanta. Great buy for a fairly low price that I highly recommend!

Dolphins 2015 Wall Calendar
Dolphins 2015 Wall Calendar
by Willow Creek Press
Edition: Calendar
Price: $13.20
29 used & new from $9.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Calendar that Any Dolphin Lover will Want, November 13, 2014
We got this for our 12 year old daughter on her birthday in October, and she loves it! She is very much into dolphins, wants to become a dolphin trainer like probably a million other girls out there. The pictures on this calendar are very high quality, and the dolphins all look beautiful and happy. Some dolphin calenders have more random pictures of dolphins in their natural habitat. This one is more like what you would see at a marine life based amusement park. We liked that because it is an 18-month calendar, so our daughter could hang it and use it right away rather than waiting until 2015.

All in all, a great buy for anyone who loves dolphins.

Aquaphor Healing Ointment Touch-Free Applicator, 3 oz (Pack of 3)
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Touch-Free Applicator, 3 oz (Pack of 3)
Price: $19.67
4 used & new from $8.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Skinned Knee Magic, November 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Aquaphor works like magic on skinned knees or other common abrasions such as carpet burns. You just coat the area with some Aquaphor, and it coats and soothes the area. You can even put a bandage over the treated area for extra protection. I think it promotes clotting and scabbing to it starts healing faster, and it also keeps dirt out of the area.

I have tried it as a ointment for dry/cracked skin and I actually prefer other products for that use case...products that are more like a lotion. As others have noted, this product is kind of greasy feeling and doesn't really absorb well but instead coats and promotes healing. The applicator on this is only OK, not a key feature in my opinion.

In short, every household medical kit should have at least a small dose of Aquaphor in it.

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Ocean Scent, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Ocean Scent, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $17.24
6 used & new from $7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stuff Out There, November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lysol Cling is our default toilet bowl cleaner because it really works. We have tried other cheaper brands but they don't work as well. Usually they aren't thick enough so they don't cling to the bowl long enough to kill the stains and mildew, or they don't smell good but instead smell like a strong chemical.
We have 5 toilets in our house, and if we are careful one bottle of Lysol Cling can clean each toilet 3 times (15 cleanings). It does such a good job we can usually get by with cleaning the bowls every 10-14 days, although we clean certain toilets every week regardless. Suffice to say, it lasts a good amount of time. This scent specifically freshens the area you use it in without scenting the entire house. Just squirt it on and let it sit for at least 10 minutes, then scrub with a brush, and you're done. Can't get much easier than that! Great product!

Seventh Generation Granite and Stone Cleaner, 18 Fl Oz
Seventh Generation Granite and Stone Cleaner, 18 Fl Oz
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner by 7th Gen, November 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used Method Daily Granite cleaner, available at the big home improvement store with the orange aprons, for close to 6 years and it works great. This product is just as good, but I think it smells a little better, and it is a little cheaper. It has organic coconut oil, is non-toxic, is 96% bio based, has a nice citrus smell to it, and it shines granite counter tops like new.

These stone and granite cleaners don't really clean the crud off your kitchen counter tops, they more or less are a finishing spray or a polishing spray that adds the final touch. I also use this upstairs on our bathroom counters and it does a great job lifting off dust, splash stains, light toothpaste stains, etc. It even polishes the copper fixtures very nicely and gently as well.

All in all, this is a product that is worth a try if you have any kind of hard surface counter top.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20