Profile for IAMSLICK > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 990

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IAMSLICK RSS Feed (Roswell, GA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
George Foreman GRP360R 360 Grill
George Foreman GRP360R 360 Grill
Price: $42.50
4 used & new from $35.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to the Kitchen, October 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always wanted to try one of these George Foreman Grills, mostly to see if they live up to the hype and the ratings, which average between 4 and 5 stars fairly consistently. We have quite a few specialty appliances like this that we break out from time to time. We have a quesadilla maker, a waffle maker, a donut maker, and a smoothy maker to name a few. I wasn't looking to add yet another appliance, but the George Foreman Grill is so versatile I had to do it.

This George Foreman grill has the following attributes and benefits:
-Small to medium sized - holds two large chicken breasts, or two standard sandwiches, or one long Panini, or two large burgers (5-6oz), or four small burgers (3-4oz).
-Built solidly, but it uses relatively cheap materials and is affordable and fairly light weight due to the light weight grates.
-Heats up fast...less than 4 minutes.
-Cooks things fast without smashing them. Usually 5-8 minutes cooking time for whatever your cooking. Even did some very delicate turkey burgers and it does not squash them but cooks them perfectly.
-Knocks out the fat and drops it into the little tray for disposal.
-Cleans up easy. Just scrub the grates (which remove very easily and cool down fast) with warm water, some dish soap, and a green scrubby and you're all set for next time.

I really like the GF Grill for making Panini's. It does a great job and is a lot cheaper than most Panini makers. I have done beef burgers, turkey burgers, paninis, and chicken breasts and it does a great job. A light tells you it's done and it is accurate. The items all turned out great and were juicy.

This is perfect for a small family that doesn't own a grill, and for times when you want to cook up some quick chicken or steak to put on a sandwich or salad. You will miss the grilled taste of a real grill, so this is better for cooking ingredients that are combined with other foods, or for paninis, which it does a good job at.

I highly recommend the George Foreman Grill!

Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Value Pack, Lemon and Lime Blossom, 240 Count
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Value Pack, Lemon and Lime Blossom, 240 Count
Price: $9.97
2 used & new from $9.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful...Not Just for Disinfecting, October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These wipes are very useful, and they are not just for disinfecting things. They actually clean things very well too. They cut through grease and grime, and when you're done you just throw it away. The wipes are small, I wish they were a little bigger, but they are the same size as the Clorox product. The wipes are textured so that crumbs and other small dry materials kind of stick to the wipes. And they smell great so they freshen as you clean.

Every house needs these, and with 3 containers per order you can put one upstairs, one in the kitchen, and one in the laundry!

Angel Soft Facial Tissue, Soft Packs, 165 Count (Pack of 12)
Angel Soft Facial Tissue, Soft Packs, 165 Count (Pack of 12)
Price: $18.63
2 used & new from $17.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited in Usefulness, October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The idea of a non-box facial tissue product is interesting and innovative. The tissues themselves are rough when you compare them side-by-side with a Kleenex brand standard two-ply tissue. The packages themselves limit where you would likely place them in your house. All of the patterns are purple/violet/lavender in color, so if you decorate with neutrals, earth tones, etc. these tissues will stand out like a sore thumb. I gave a pack to my daughter, her room is purple. I gave a pack to my wife who will keep it in the glove box of the car. This product is actually uniquely suited for that purpose. These tissues are good for occasional use, but during cold season you'll want softer tissues or your nose will become bright red like Rudolph.

Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Price: $13.27
25 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Little Dice Game, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
How many different ways are there to play dice? A ton! Roll For It! is yet another way. It is pretty fast moving, enabling two people to play a game in 5-10 minutes, which is nice. When you play with 4 people it takes 15-20 minutes on average. We have a family of 5, which bites us when we try to book a cruise, and on games where only 4 players can play. I would have bought an extra pack to get players 5-8, but $13 for some dice and cards? So far we haven't needed the extra set, but if it becomes a problem I guess we'll have to bite the bullet. This is a fun game for a family, that younger ones can get the hang of, but will still keep teens engaged. It packs really small for trips. Doesn't really work well in the car, but that's OK.

This would actually make a great birthday gift for a child between the ages of 6-10. If you're looking for a new family game I recommend you give this one a try.

SanDisk 64GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s with Adapter (SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A) [Newest Version]
Price: $36.99
27 used & new from $29.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Believe The Capacity of This Tiny Card, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's really unbelievable that this tiny little card holds 64GB, and up to 128GB! Mine holds 64GB...well actually 59.4GB. It arrived already formatted. I have tested it in a Canon digital SLR camera, a Sony Camcorder, and in my PC. It works flawlessly. It has no trouble with 15MP photos, 1080P video, etc. On my own real world PC file transfer benchmark tests it doesn't perform near as well as the specs. I don't really care since others have used actual benchmark software to prove it can handle north of 40MB/s.

Test 1: 4945 files in my Documents folder, 3.85GB total, 10:31, 6.25MB/s
Test 2: 6 MP4/M4Z files, 3.84GB total, 6:08, 10.68MB/s
Test 3: 2 MS Outlook PST files, 1.59GB total, 3:06, 8.75MB/s
Test 4: 4 DVD VOB files, 3.99GB total, 6:26, 10.58MB/s

I actually have this plugged into my PC at the moment, being used as a second backup target for my Mozy backup software. One backup goes up to the cloud, the second backup with change logging stays local. Works great on about 40GB worth of files I have.

I love SanDisk products. Never had one go bad, priced right, perform great. That's the only way you have the confidence as a company to extend a 10yr warranty on a product like this. Highly recommend if you need an insane amount of capacity in the smallest possible form factor.

Ambient Weather WR-099-AC-KIT Compact Emergency Solar Hand Crank AM/FM/WeatherBand Digital Radio, Flashlight, Cell Phone Charger, Cables and AC Adapter
Price: $40.00
2 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What's Not to Like???, August 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is amazing when you think about. It's a radio. It's a flashlight. It can recharge stuff. And it can be renewed from an energy perspective, endlessly using solar power and/or the crank. No power outlet required.

It is light, compact, rugged, easy to use, and extremely useful. The flashlight is nice and bright. The radio gets great reception on all bands. Ergonomically speaking, it fits nicely in your hand and has a rubber feel on the sides so it isn't slippery.

The few caveats I have found are:
-It will charge an iPhone 5s, but the 5s will empty 2 hours worth of solar charge in a few minutes, and it will barely add any charge to the iPhone at all. Maybe a percent. If you plug this device into a wall outlet for 5 hours, then it will charge an iPhone and give it an easy 15-20% bump. The instructions note that smartphones are a huge drain on this device, and so they promise enough charge to allow you to make a short emergency phone call. You can plug the included USB power cord into any USB based wall outlet converter (converts wall power to USB power), and it works fine. It also comes with a power cable that plugs into the wall, though.
-A few minutes of cranking provides seemingly as much charge as an hour of solar charging. The solar charging seems especially weak, but it will still give you enough charge to run the flashlight for an hour. At full charge, I ran the flashlight for 10 hours before it went out. Not bad!
-The device does not have any kind of power meter that tells you how much charge you have left. This would be extremely handy to have. The device does have a red led indicator to let you know when it is being recharged. This is useful for knowing whether solar is working effectively to add charge.

In my opinion if you are building an emergency kit, this is a must have. Great product. Highly recommended.

Philips Sonicare HX6211/04 2 Series Plaque Control Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6211/04 2 Series Plaque Control Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: $49.95
11 used & new from $43.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, What a Difference!, August 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used Oral-B power toothbrushes for 15 years or more. I figured Sonicare and Oral-B were probably the same, just difference manufacturers. Boy was I wrong. The Sonicare uses a totally difference method to cleaning teeth. Instead of long gentle strokes, it is a very violent vibration that sounds like you have angry hornets in your mouth. I didn't know if I would like it at first. Luckily it starts gently at first and then ramps up the motion over time. Now after almost a month of using it, I have no visible plaque, and my gums that are normally red in spots are all a very healthy light pink. That is a problem I've struggled with for a long time. The Sonicare solved it within the first week. My teeth feel very clean and smooth when I am done brushing. I think it is doing a great job.

The brush takes some getting used to, especially if you come from the Oral-B world. The brush head is a different shape, the vibration is different, and the ergonomics are slightly different, and in my opinion not quite as good as the Oral-B. But if you're patient you may be rewarded with some of the benefits I've noted above.

The proof is whether or not I will convert. I believe I will. Maybe not my entire family of Oral-B users, but for myself it's really a no-brainer for the gum line benefits alone.

Miracle-Gro 18978 Enviro-Line Titanium Wavy Blade Hedge Shear
Miracle-Gro 18978 Enviro-Line Titanium Wavy Blade Hedge Shear
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Light Use Hedge Shears, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Scotts 18978 Hedge Shear is a nice tool. It feels solidly built, it is VERY sharp, and I think it is ergonomically superior to many alternatives out there. The sharpened portion of the blade measures 7", and the fully open tip-to-tip distance is 14". Both of these measurements are smaller than a true 8" hedge shears. So you cover slightly less territory, but whatever you shear gets cut easily and precisely due to the sharpness of the blades. I cut 1/2 thick sunflower stalks, willow oak branches, and other shrubbery. No problem.

The offset angle between the handle and the blade is very slight, almost straight on. I would guess 10-15% offset angle vs. an up to 45% angle on some of the shears out there. This means you may have to squat to cut a level top on a low growing plant, whereas a shear with more offset would allow you to stand. On the other hand, taller growing plants...waist high and above will be better served by this type of hedge shear.

Anyway, this is a nice hedge shear. Time will tell if the Titanium keeps it sharper longer, but for right now this shear is a vast improvement over my previous dull shear.

Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have
Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have
by Annie F. Downs
Price: $10.11
64 used & new from $6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it from Start to Finish, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
From my wife Melanie who read and loved this book:

I loved this book from start to finish! It's warm, funny, thought provoking, and freeing. Annie takes you on the journey of her life and readily admits the fears she's had along the way. She shares candidly how God showed her ways to trust Him and be brave one step at a time, one situation at a time. With each chapter, you can't help but look into your own life and ponder how God is nudging you to be brave in the little things of life and the big.
I'm not the most confident person, so this book really spoke to me. I didn't come away with needing to be courageous as a new personality trait that might be foreign to me, but stepping out in courage one situation at a time. The book touches on so many aspects of bravery that we encounter in life like letting go or holding on to our dreams or persevering through our fears or saying YES when you are scared to death.
I couldn't stop at reading just one chapter. It's so well written and she expresses herself in an honest, real, and conversational way. Annie makes you feel like a friend. She writes most chapters in coffee shops and I just wanted to join her for a cup and chat awhile.
This is my new gift book for friends and family! I think everyone can get some inspiring messages from Annie's encouraging words. I'd recommend it especially for those who might struggle with fears and who doesn't have a few fears? Once I finished the book, I wanted to start over and read it again.

Bulbrite LED11A19/827/D 11-Watt (60-Watt) Dimmable LED A19, Medium Base, Warm White
Offered by iQlighting
Price: $21.45
2 used & new from $21.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Bulb! Solves Weaknesses of Compact Fluorescent, July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
UPDATE 8/19/2014: Started flickering non-stop after only one month. I moved it to multiple lamps, and it's the same everywhere. I have very stable power, and whole-house surge protection. Had to stop using it, which is a shame. Downgrading from 5 stars to 2 stars.
--------------
I have always wanted to try one of these LED bulbs to see how they compare with compact fluorescent bulbs. Here are my observations:

-This LED bulb looks like the old fashioned incandescent light bulbs. It has the same shape, and is nice and smooth, not coiled like a compact fluorescent bulb. It has the same height and width as the old fashioned incandescent bulbs too. The 60W equivalent compact fluorescent bulb that I have is actually 1/2" taller, and protrudes from out glass pendant light fixture slightly. But not this LED bulb. It is a perfect fit. The fact that this LED bulb is also dimmable is a premium feature that makes it act like an incandescent bulb. Compact fluorescent bulbs are generally not dimmable, and if they are used that way it greatly decreases their lifespan.

-Weight. This LED bulb has what feels like a ceramic base that makes it heavier than other bulbs. This LED bulb is 5oz. My 60W compact fluorescent bulb is 2oz. My 60W incandescent bulb weighs 1oz. I actually found this to be surprising. I can't think of one lamp in my house, however, where this extra weight would be an issue.

-Heat. This LED bulb gets a little bit warm at the ceramic base, and stays cool to the touch on the glass part. My compact fluorescent bulb gets hot enough that I cannot remove it from a light socket until it has cooled down a little bit. My 60W incandescent bulb is way too hot to even think about touching once it has been running for a few minutes.

-Energy. Besides generating less heat that needs to be cooled in the summer, this LED bulb only consumes 11 watts, and provides more light than either of the other bulbs. My 60W compact fluorescent consumes 14 watts, and of course the 60W incandescent bulb consumes 60 watts. I would characterize this specific LED bulb which is listed as "Warm White" as still being a little cooler than the warm white compact fluorescent bulb I have.

-Toxicity. This LED bulb is currently not classified as toxic, and is disposed of in conventional landfills. My compact fluorescent bulb contains mercury and requires special handling when disposed of, as mercury is VERY toxic.

-Life. This LED bulb claims to last 22.8 years. My compact fluorescent bulb claims to last 7 years. My observation is that I have replaced quite a few compact fluorescent in my house that I have only lived in for 5 years. I think I actually replaced some of them in as little as 3 years. We'll have to see how this LED bulb does. A regular incandescent bulb only lasts a year or two.

-Price. Gah! This LED bulb is expensive, mostly due to its dimming capability. LED bulbs in general are coming down in price, which is good. Compact fluorescent bulbs can be bought in a 3 pack for $6-$7 at your local home improvement store. Incandescent bulbs only remain in certain wattages, but they are typically less than $1 per bulb.

-Temperature. I put this LED bulb in the fridge for awhile and then plugged it in and turned it on while it was cold. No problem. Compact fluorescent bulbs have a problem with cold, and start dim and then warm up over time, which can be irritating if you need light in an area and they never really brighten up fully before you are done and leave the room.

In summary, I think the use case for this specific LED bulb is, first and foremost, any fixture in your house that is on for hours out of each day -AND- has dimmable capabilities. There are far cheaper LED bulbs that are not dimmable and are general purpose, so make sure you don't load up on these and put them everywhere. The use case for LED bulbs in general is any fixture in the house that is on for hours each day, or for aesthetic purposes in a fixture where a compact fluorescent bulb just doesn't look good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20