Profile for IAMSLICK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 311

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IAMSLICK RSS Feed (Roswell, GA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0, Graphite/Collegiate Navy, Large
Columbia Men's Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0, Graphite/Collegiate Navy, Large
Price: $34.99
9 used & new from $34.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A Staple in my Wardrobe, November 13, 2014
I buy one of these every year during fall. I wear it almost every day around the house when it is cold. This fleece is soft, comfortable, and fits well. I am 6ft tall and weigh about 190lbs and the large is perfect for me. I like that Columbia has so many choices of color and style. I am on my 4th one since 2006, and each one has been great. I wear them for a year or two and then donate them and get a new one. They don't wear out. I just want a newer fresher look. This type of fleece will keep you warm when it's in the 50's outside, as long as it's not too windy. It does not stop wind. It will not really keep you warm if it is in the 30's or 40's for an extended amount of time. This is OK for me since I live in Atlanta. Great buy for a fairly low price that I highly recommend!

Dolphins 2015 Wall Calendar
Dolphins 2015 Wall Calendar
by Willow Creek Press
Edition: Calendar
Price: $13.35
36 used & new from $8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Calendar that Any Dolphin Lover will Want, November 13, 2014
We got this for our 12 year old daughter on her birthday in October, and she loves it! She is very much into dolphins, wants to become a dolphin trainer like probably a million other girls out there. The pictures on this calendar are very high quality, and the dolphins all look beautiful and happy. Some dolphin calenders have more random pictures of dolphins in their natural habitat. This one is more like what you would see at a marine life based amusement park. We liked that because it is an 18-month calendar, so our daughter could hang it and use it right away rather than waiting until 2015.

All in all, a great buy for anyone who loves dolphins.

Aquaphor Healing Ointment Touch-Free Applicator, 3 oz  3 Count
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Touch-Free Applicator, 3 oz 3 Count
Price: $16.73
3 used & new from $11.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Skinned Knee Magic, November 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Aquaphor works like magic on skinned knees or other common abrasions such as carpet burns. You just coat the area with some Aquaphor, and it coats and soothes the area. You can even put a bandage over the treated area for extra protection. I think it promotes clotting and scabbing to it starts healing faster, and it also keeps dirt out of the area.

I have tried it as a ointment for dry/cracked skin and I actually prefer other products for that use case...products that are more like a lotion. As others have noted, this product is kind of greasy feeling and doesn't really absorb well but instead coats and promotes healing. The applicator on this is only OK, not a key feature in my opinion.

In short, every household medical kit should have at least a small dose of Aquaphor in it.

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Ocean Scent, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Ocean Scent, 24 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Price: $17.24
8 used & new from $7.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stuff Out There, November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lysol Cling is our default toilet bowl cleaner because it really works. We have tried other cheaper brands but they don't work as well. Usually they aren't thick enough so they don't cling to the bowl long enough to kill the stains and mildew, or they don't smell good but instead smell like a strong chemical.
We have 5 toilets in our house, and if we are careful one bottle of Lysol Cling can clean each toilet 3 times (15 cleanings). It does such a good job we can usually get by with cleaning the bowls every 10-14 days, although we clean certain toilets every week regardless. Suffice to say, it lasts a good amount of time. This scent specifically freshens the area you use it in without scenting the entire house. Just squirt it on and let it sit for at least 10 minutes, then scrub with a brush, and you're done. Can't get much easier than that! Great product!

Seventh Generation Granite and Stone Cleaner, 18 Fl Oz
Seventh Generation Granite and Stone Cleaner, 18 Fl Oz
Price: $4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner by 7th Gen, November 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used Method Daily Granite cleaner, available at the big home improvement store with the orange aprons, for close to 6 years and it works great. This product is just as good, but I think it smells a little better, and it is a little cheaper. It has organic coconut oil, is non-toxic, is 96% bio based, has a nice citrus smell to it, and it shines granite counter tops like new.

These stone and granite cleaners don't really clean the crud off your kitchen counter tops, they more or less are a finishing spray or a polishing spray that adds the final touch. I also use this upstairs on our bathroom counters and it does a great job lifting off dust, splash stains, light toothpaste stains, etc. It even polishes the copper fixtures very nicely and gently as well.

All in all, this is a product that is worth a try if you have any kind of hard surface counter top.

Bosch RBS006 1/4-Inch Shank Carbide-Tipped Multi-Purpose Router Bit Set, 6-Piece
Price: $77.76
2 used & new from $68.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, But Could be a Little Better, October 25, 2014
BOSCH Router Bit Set - 6 piece RBS006

The router bits are sharp and sturdy. Advertised with "New Long Life Carbide" they cut smoothly in soft and hard wood.

Nicely boxed, the price of $100.00 is good, given the fact that individually the bits would cost about $130. However, other manufacturers have similar sets that are significantly less expensive, although that may reflect a less than professional quality.

A downside is the selection of the bits. The ¼"and ½ "straight flutes, the flush trim flute, and the 1/4" roundover are stock bits in a craftsman's collection. The dovetail and 45 degree chamfer bits are not widely used in most woodworking projects. If they were replaced by a roman ogee, cove and bead, or a larger roundover, the whole set could be of more use.

Personally, I am an amateur woodworker who uses routing techniques only occasionally. If I were to purchase a set of bits--rather than individually-- my preference would be to get a set that was less expensive and had a greater variety.

George Foreman GRP360R 360 Grill
George Foreman GRP360R 360 Grill
Price: $36.85
5 used & new from $28.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to the Kitchen, October 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always wanted to try one of these George Foreman Grills, mostly to see if they live up to the hype and the ratings, which average between 4 and 5 stars fairly consistently. We have quite a few specialty appliances like this that we break out from time to time. We have a quesadilla maker, a waffle maker, a donut maker, and a smoothy maker to name a few. I wasn't looking to add yet another appliance, but the George Foreman Grill is so versatile I had to do it.

This George Foreman grill has the following attributes and benefits:
-Small to medium sized - holds two large chicken breasts, or two standard sandwiches, or one long Panini, or two large burgers (5-6oz), or four small burgers (3-4oz).
-Built solidly, but it uses relatively cheap materials and is affordable and fairly light weight due to the light weight grates.
-Heats up fast...less than 4 minutes.
-Cooks things fast without smashing them. Usually 5-8 minutes cooking time for whatever your cooking. Even did some very delicate turkey burgers and it does not squash them but cooks them perfectly.
-Knocks out the fat and drops it into the little tray for disposal.
-Cleans up easy. Just scrub the grates (which remove very easily and cool down fast) with warm water, some dish soap, and a green scrubby and you're all set for next time.

I really like the GF Grill for making Panini's. It does a great job and is a lot cheaper than most Panini makers. I have done beef burgers, turkey burgers, paninis, and chicken breasts and it does a great job. A light tells you it's done and it is accurate. The items all turned out great and were juicy.

This is perfect for a small family that doesn't own a grill, and for times when you want to cook up some quick chicken or steak to put on a sandwich or salad. You will miss the grilled taste of a real grill, so this is better for cooking ingredients that are combined with other foods, or for paninis, which it does a good job at.

I highly recommend the George Foreman Grill!

Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Value Pack, Lemon and Lime Blossom, 240 Count
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes Value Pack, Lemon and Lime Blossom, 240 Count
Price: $9.97
4 used & new from $9.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful...Not Just for Disinfecting, October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These wipes are very useful, and they are not just for disinfecting things. They actually clean things very well too. They cut through grease and grime, and when you're done you just throw it away. The wipes are small, I wish they were a little bigger, but they are the same size as the Clorox product. The wipes are textured so that crumbs and other small dry materials kind of stick to the wipes. And they smell great so they freshen as you clean.

Every house needs these, and with 3 containers per order you can put one upstairs, one in the kitchen, and one in the laundry!

Angel Soft Facial Tissue, Soft Packs, 165 Count (Pack of 12)
Angel Soft Facial Tissue, Soft Packs, 165 Count (Pack of 12)
Price: $18.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited in Usefulness, October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The idea of a non-box facial tissue product is interesting and innovative. The tissues themselves are rough when you compare them side-by-side with a Kleenex brand standard two-ply tissue. The packages themselves limit where you would likely place them in your house. All of the patterns are purple/violet/lavender in color, so if you decorate with neutrals, earth tones, etc. these tissues will stand out like a sore thumb. I gave a pack to my daughter, her room is purple. I gave a pack to my wife who will keep it in the glove box of the car. This product is actually uniquely suited for that purpose. These tissues are good for occasional use, but during cold season you'll want softer tissues or your nose will become bright red like Rudolph.

Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Roll For It! (Purple Edition)
Price: $13.16
24 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Little Dice Game, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
How many different ways are there to play dice? A ton! Roll For It! is yet another way. It is pretty fast moving, enabling two people to play a game in 5-10 minutes, which is nice. When you play with 4 people it takes 15-20 minutes on average. We have a family of 5, which bites us when we try to book a cruise, and on games where only 4 players can play. I would have bought an extra pack to get players 5-8, but $13 for some dice and cards? So far we haven't needed the extra set, but if it becomes a problem I guess we'll have to bite the bullet. This is a fun game for a family, that younger ones can get the hang of, but will still keep teens engaged. It packs really small for trips. Doesn't really work well in the car, but that's OK.

This would actually make a great birthday gift for a child between the ages of 6-10. If you're looking for a new family game I recommend you give this one a try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20