Profile for IAMSLICK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 336

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IAMSLICK RSS Feed (Roswell, GA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hitachi DS10DFL2 12V Peak Li-Ion Cordless Driver Drill with 2 Batteries and Quick Charger
Price: $99.97
18 used & new from $99.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Value Drill, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Hitachi DS10DFL2 12V drill is a very nice value drill. You get a lot for $100. You get the drill, two batteries, the charger, a nice hard case, and a useful selection of screwdriver bits. I also own a 12V Dewalt equivalent, and it cost $25 more and didn't come with a hard case or the screwdriver bits.

The Hitachi DS10DFL2 12V feels very nice in your hand. It is lightweight, well balanced, and has a great feeling grip. Everything is right where you'd expect it to be too. Speed control on top. Direction change right above and slightly behind the trigger.

This drill has plenty of power to drive a 3" screw through a pressure treated deck board and into the deck frame. No problem. I believe you could use this drill to do an entire deck job. So it will be more than satisfactory for the average home use.

The speed control is very granular and easy using the trigger, and the chuck action is very simple and accurate, so bits are easy to load and unload. The batteries are small and light yet provide quite a bit of uses per charge, and they charge relatively quick. My Dewalt batteries are a little easier to attach and remove, but that is a very minor difference.

All in all, this drill is winner. I had never tried a Hitachi cordless power tool until now, but this drill has made a believer out of me.

Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST Leland, Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O, Arctic Stainless
Price: $349.13
3 used & new from $346.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Faucet by Delta, May 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Leland Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O by Delta is definitely a 5 star faucet in my book, for the following reasons:
-Easy to install. Could be easier, but it still only took me 1 hour after I had removed my old faucet.
-Beautiful, high quality components. Arctic Stainless is actually closer in tint to a real stainless sink.
-Very powerful and effective spray setting.
-Six AA batteries included for the Touch2O to work.
-Made to be installed in a tight space behind your sink. You need as little as 4 inches of depth for this to faucet to mount. The Faucet itself only uses one hole, and occupies 2.5" on the counter top surface.
-The Touch2O works really well and is very useful for anyone who does some hand washing of dishes, pots, pans, etc.
-I especially like that the Touch2O lights up to tell you when it is active, and what temperature water will come out if you touch the faucet.

I replaced a non-Touch2O version of the Delta Leland Kitchen Faucet with this one. They install almost exactly the same. I think anyone who is handy with a wrench and understands basic plumbing can install this faucet. The instructions include helpful diagrams, and the install is organized to be done in steps. For each step there is a bag of parts that are used in that step, which is very helpful. The install does not require any plumbers putty or thread seal tape.

I mentioned that the install could have been easier. The water supply lines are very stiff, which makes maneuvering underneath the sink somewhat difficult. The supply lines get in the way of fastening the faucet to the counter top deck. The threaded pipe and nut used to secure the faucet in place require about 500 turns it seems. I had to switch hands because one hand became fatigued, but eventually got it tight enough that I could then use the included wrench to make the last few turns.

I'm a big fan of Delta Faucet because of products like this. The 4 year old Delta Leland Faucet I removed to put this one in, came out as easy as it went in. No rust or corrosion, and still looks and works great. I have removed numerous Moen faucets that I had to chisel out because they were so corroded underneath. You won't have that with a Delta faucet.

If you want to take your kitchen to the next level and put in a high quality faucet that is stylish, compact, functional, AND Hi-Tech...then this is the one for you.

Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Euphoric Scent from Calvin Klein, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This scent smells wonderful on my wife. She characterizes it as follows:
-Medium weight, not light and flowery
-OK for daytime use, but better for night time...out on the town use
-Not musky
-Smells good, complex and sophisticated, long lasting but not overpowering
-The silver bottle is easy to hold, is attractive.

I like how my wife smells while wearing this scent. I do not smell this scent anywhere else in the workplace, or after hours so I think it is a less common scent, which I think is nice.

This would make a great gift for any woman who doesn't want to smell like a flowery body spray bomb went off. Highly recommend.

Remington XF8550 SmartEdge Advanced Foil Shaver, Blue
Remington XF8550 SmartEdge Advanced Foil Shaver, Blue
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Electric Shaver, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been shaving with electric shavers for about 25 years. In the interest of full disclosure I use Braun, but I like trying shavers from other manufacturers like Remington, Panasonic, and Philips Norelco. I have used the Remington XF8550 for one week and here are my observations.

Likes:
-I like the blue color, and ergonomically it feels great...very comfortable in your hand.
-2 Year Warranty
-The charging stand has a small form factor that uses less space than many of the others out there.
-A charge lasts a long time and the power dip doesn't occur until the very end..typical of Lithium technology.
-Easy to take apart and clean or rinse off. Comes with a nice whisker brush.
-Has a travel lock feature in case you travel without the charge stand. Prevents the shaver from getting bumped, turning on, and then draining itself.
-A drawstring travel bag is included, and it can hold the shaver, the charging stand, and the whisker brush easily.
-Gives a good solid shave as a brand new shaver. Not as close as my Braun 7-790cc, but that shaver was also almost twice as expensive.
-The pop-up trimmer is convenient to use, doesn't nick your skin, and does an accurate job.

Dislikes/Needs Improvement:
-This is a 3 foil shaver, but the outer two are for longer hairs, while the middle foil protects the cutter block that does the real close shaving. Because there is only one cutter block it takes a little longer to shave, -AND- it makes it hard to get that middle foil close to sideburns, under your nose, etc. You end up leaving a little unshaven area in each of those spots. My Braun, on the other hand, has the two cutter blocks on the outside, and a single long hair cutter in between, so I can get really close to sideburns and my nose, and it shaves a little faster.
-I wish the shaver gave a little closer shave, but then I am also spoiled by my current shaver.
-If you travel and want to be able to charge the shaver while on the road, you must bring the charging stand. There is no ability to just bring the shaver and the cord like some other shavers. This is only a minor inconvenience since they can all fit in the travel bag, and the charging stand is so small.

All in all, this is a very nice electric shaver for the money. I think it competes well with any other shaver in the $100 price range.

Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Price: $136.71
4 used & new from $116.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Idea, But Needs Improvement, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A Purpose built electric pizza oven is a nice idea, and who better to try one than the small appliance king of the world, Black & Decker?

Positives:
-Simple, easy setup consisting of only 4 parts. (oven, crumb tray, ceramic tray, tray handle)
-Sleek, modern design. Only two knobs. No electronic output. Kind of retro. Even the timer is the old fashioned ticking time bomb type of timer that dings when it is done.
-Flexibility to use it for things other than pizza.
-It works as claimed. It gets really hot. We'll trust them that it's 600 degrees. It will cook a pizza in 5 mins. My double oven only reaches 550 degrees, so for this little hummer to reach 600 is pretty impressive.

Negatives:
-No way to tell the current temperature. No way to tell, and no audible notification if it is preheated.
-It should come with burn treatment. It gets really hot all over. The only places you can touch and be safe are the door handle and the two knobs. I was super careful and still got burned.
-It has 5 settings, three of which are 600 degrees, and two of which are 375 degrees. "Bake" and "Deep Dish Pizza" are both 375 degrees and seem redundant. I would have just had "Bake Low" for 375 degrees, and then "Bake High" for either 425 or 450 degrees, which many frozen snacks such as cheese sticks, fries, etc. seem to require.
-You need to run a few cycles with it empty to burn off any machine oils. It smoked pretty bad and stunk up the main floor of our house. I did 3 10-minute cycles on "Fresh/Frozen Pizza" so it would get to 600 degrees.
-Once the ceramic tray gets hot, it sort of warps and becomes harder to load back into the oven. Maybe I was using it wrong, but I preheated the oven, removed the ceramic tray, loaded my pizza on it (outside the oven), then pushed the tray back into the oven. This was difficult and caused the oven to slide around.

I tested it on two homemade 10" pizzas. The first one cooked in 5 minutes on "Fresh/Frozen Pizza", which is 600 degrees and uses a high intensity lamp on top. The top of the pizza got a little too dark for my liking, and the crust was not crisp enough. For the next pizza I chose "Rising Crust Pizza", which is also 600 degrees, but uses a medium intensity lamp. It cooked in 6 minutes and turned out perfect.

All in all, not too bad an experience, but could use some refining.

This appliance is great for any household that doesn't already have a toaster oven, or has limitless counter space, or doesn't mind dragging out a purpose built appliance for homemade pizza night. This would be nice in a break room at work, or in a college dorm kitchen. I personally already have one of the Breville Smart Ovens, and there is no way this could even hope to supplant that appliance...at least for me.

Karma Card Game
Karma Card Game
Price: $10.31
29 used & new from $8.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner from Set, April 15, 2015
This review is from: Karma Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have owned the game SET since the beginning, and thought we would give KARMA a try. It is very similar in that you place cards on the table, but you play much more from the hand in this game. Still, not a good fit for a travel game in the car. The game itself is fast paced, interesting, priced right, and easy enough for an 8yr old to get pretty dang good at it quickly. I'm amazed at how quickly the tide can change in this game, and someone who looks like they're going to run away with it all of a sudden gets about 20 cards and has to dig themselves out.

In short, this game is a winner for families who like to have a quick 20-30 minute game with 3-4 people, and maybe have an age range like we do, of children from 16 down to 8. This game would make a great gift for classmates of your children...you know, when they get invited to a birthday party last minute and you don't know what to get them. Their parents will thank you too, for not getting them a big box retailer's gift card.

Braun Series 7 Single Pack 70S Cassette Replacement Pack (Formerly 9000 Pulsonic)
Price: $30.80
52 used & new from $23.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 13, 2015
I'm a 20+ year Braun shaving customer who is very disappointed with this replacement foil. It is dull after 4 months, it pulls some of the whiskers out of my face (ouch!), it takes me forever to shave now to get a good result, and my face is very blotchy due to the irritation of the inferior blade. Skipping a day of shaving is out of the question because then my whiskers are long enough that it primarily yanks hair out like an epilator.

I have been using Braun shavers for a long long time and have never experienced this before. I bought my 7-790cc last May, so the original foil didn't last long either, but at least it didn't pull my whiskers out or irritate my face. Wish I had hung onto the original foil longer.

I think if people waited to review this product until a few months down the road, the ratings would be much lower. Don't buy this, shave one time, and then write a review...

Buyer beware...you have been warned.

Quicken WillMaker Plus 2015
Quicken WillMaker Plus 2015
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $33.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Easy to Use and Saves Time and Money, April 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great product because it is easy to use, and it saves you time and money. It prompts you for all of the information you need, explains everything very clearly, and then spits out a completed Will that you can then go and have notarized. The install is easy on a Windows 8.1 PC, and it also claims support for Windows XP sp3, Vista, 7 & 8. Sorry, no Apple Mac support claimed. It has a pretty low footprint on your hard drive, looks like about 50MB, and it runs very fast.

I had a Will done by a small law office near our house more than 10 years ago. It cost me $450 at the time. I called and asked them how much it would cost to have it updated, and the price was $250. Why would I need to have my Will updated? We have had our third child since then, and someone who is named as an executor divorced his way out of the family. Basically, life happens, and you may need to update your Will every few years. At $250 a pop, that can get expensive. Even if you buy WillMaker from scratch every 3-4 years it will save you significant money and it gives you flexibility to make changes even more often if you want to. I like that I can print copies or save them as a PDF, which will allow me to email a quick unsigned copy of the Will to parties who are named in the Will.

I remember when I had our initial Will drawn up I asked a gazillion questions, and the lawyer who we worked with did a good job of explaining things so that they were easy to understand, and even gave scenarios and opinions on when it made sense to do something a certain way. This software has some of that built in too, which I like. While you're working on a topic on the left side of the screen, there are resources on the right side that you can access for additional information.

In short, great product, which I highly recommend.

Philips Sonicare HX6631/02 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable
Philips Sonicare HX6631/02 3 Series Gum Health Rechargeable
Offered by Easy as 1, 2, 3
Price: Click here to see our price
17 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sonicare Brush with Useful Features, March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I already own a Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control brush, so in this review I will compare the '3 Series Gum Health' (this brush) with it, and also compare it with the Oral-B power toothbrushes I used for 15 years prior to this.

First, a comparison amongst some of the current Philips Sonicare brush models:

Level 1: Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control (BASIC) - It cleans and tells you when 2 minutes are done, and that's all.
Level 2 (This Brush): Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health - All Philips Sonicare brushes are "Gum Health" and this one doesn't do anything that promotes gum health that the other models aren't doing. This model is like the Level 1 Basic brush, but adds a nice travel case, it allows you to adjust the intensity, and it has Quadpacer technology which guides you through equal 30 second periods for each quadrant of your mouth. This is a useful feature.
Level 3A: Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite - Builds on the Level 2 brush by adding a Whitening Mode and Sensitive Mode, but you lose the ability to control the intensity if that's important to you.
Level 3B: Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum - Builds on the Level 2 brush by adding a Gum Care Mode and Whitening Mode.
Level 4: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean - Has all of the features except for the ability to control the intensity.

So the biggest difference between the basic Sonicare 2 Plaque Control brush and this one is the ability to control intensity, the Quadpacer technology, and a travel case. If you travel, the travel case is very useful because it protects the brush, keeps your brush head from coming into contact with other items in your travel kit, and it keeps the brush from accidentally turning on and draining. Nothing worse than getting to your destination and having no charge.

The Quadpacer feature is the most useful added feature in my opinion, because it breaks down the two minute brush cycle into 30 second intervals so you know how much time to spend on each part of your mouth. I find that without this feature I don't spend even amounts of time, and so some areas aren't as clean as they should be.

The intensity control is a nice idea for people with a sensitive mouth to 'dial down' the strength of the brush. It could benefit from its own button rather than sharing the power button. When you turn on the power button, the brush starts at whatever intensity level was last used. But if you hit the power button again while you are brushing, it changes the intensity level, rather than pause the brush cycle. The power button steps through the cycle like this. Touch #1 = On, Touch #2 = one level stronger unless you are already at level 3 then it goes back to level 1, Touch #2 = one level stronger, Touch #3 = one level stronger, etc. You have to keep pressing it until it gets back to level 3, then one more touch allows you to pause your brush cycle.

In short, given how long these brushes last, to me it is worth the premium to go ahead and get this brush instead of the basic model. It only ends up costing you about $5 a year more to get the travel case and Quadpacer.

Now, some notes on Sonicare vs. Oral-B:

Prior to using Sonicare I had used Oral-B power toothbrushes for 15 years or more. I figured Sonicare and Oral-B were probably about the same, just different manufacturers. Boy was I wrong. The Sonicare uses a totally different method to clean teeth. Instead of long gentle circular strokes, it is a very intense vibration that sounds like you have angry bees in your mouth. I didn't know if I would like it at first. Truthfully, it made my lips numb at times. Luckily it started gently at first and then ramped up the intensity over time. After only a month of using Sonicare, I had no visible plaque, and my gums that were normally red in spots were instead a very healthy light pink. That was a problem I struggled with for a long time, and the chief reason I switched from Oral-B to Sonicare. The Sonicare solved this problem within the first week. My teeth feel very clean and smooth when I am done brushing, and I think it is doing a great job. My dental hygienist has noticed the difference too, especially in my gum health.

The Sonicare brush itself takes some getting used to, especially if you come from the Oral-B world. The brush head is a different shape (not round), the vibration is different, and the ergonomics of the handle are slightly different. In my honest opinion Sonicare is not quite as good as the Oral-B ergonomically because it has a straight, hard, smooth body instead of an angled body with soft rubber grips on the front and back. This brush is downright slippery, and I find I have to keep my wrist at a really tough angle to reach various parts of my mouth. But if you're patient and willing to adapt, you may be rewarded with some of the benefits I've noted above.

Summer Bridge Activities®, Grades 2 - 3
Summer Bridge Activities®, Grades 2 - 3
by Summer Bridge Activities
Price: $11.47
40 used & new from $8.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for Keeping Kids Sharp, March 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Summer Bridge is mandatory at our house for all K-5 children, and is "strongly encouraged" by their school. Each of our children get a prize for completing Summer Bridge from us and their school. With the tougher requirements schools are facing they do less review than they used to at the beginning of a new school year. Summer Bridge helps keep kids sharp over the summer so they don't have to relearn so much stuff.

Does it have exactly what your child learned in the previous year? Maybe...maybe not. I would guess it has about 80% with some additional stuff that might normally be covered early in the following year. It gives you a chance to spend a little time with your child helping them with stuff they are not familiar with, and then when they see it in their new grade it is somewhat familiar, which I like a lot.

This book specifically bridges 2nd to 3rd grade, has 150 pages plus some sheets of Math and English flash cards that may be cut out. The book is divided into 3 sections of 20 days worth of activities, so 60 days total. There is also bonus material at the end of each section that includes science experiments, map work, outside work, etc. Each daily activity is a single two-sided page that takes about 10 minutes. That's it? 10 minutes? Well, that's 600 minutes (10 hours) of work that they normally wouldn't get, and if you combine that with items on the included summer reading list you have the makings of a nice little summer program that keeps their minds from turning to mush. If your school system has a shorter summer break, I think this book is still totally doable by doubling up the number of lessons you complete each day, or just do every other lesson, and is therefore still worth it.

Each daily activity has a blend of Math, English, and Science. The Math covers adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, money, time (clock), greater then less than, graphing, shapes, etc. The math problems also include word problems which I like. The English covers parts of speech, spelling, vocabulary, and reading comprehension of articles that are US History based. There is a useful skills matrix at the front of the book that shows all of the skills that are covered in the material.

We actually have to reign our children in to keep them from completing Summer Bridge in the first week or two of summer. That would totally defeat the purpose because they would still have 9-10 weeks with no work. Instead we have them complete one day's worth each day, or possibly two day's worth if they fall behind for some reason. Our children don't complain too much either as they really have no choice and the work is actually not too difficult and is enjoyable for the most part. We highly recommend Summer Bridge as a way to keep your kids sharp during the summer months.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20