Profile for IAMSLICK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 340

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

IAMSLICK RSS Feed (Roswell, GA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SKLZ Pro Training Goal, 12' x 6'
SKLZ Pro Training Goal, 12' x 6'
Price: $269.99
3 used & new from $216.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Amazing Soccer Goal!, August 1, 2015
This review is from: SKLZ Pro Training Goal (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really amazing soccer goal! You pay for it, but what you get for the higher price is quality, ease of setup, and portability. I must say, it also looks really cool too.

We have had numerous other goals over the years...the kind with lots of poles, and a net that attaches via lots of Velcro straps. Those Velcro straps last about a week and then it's off to your local home improvement store to buy a bag of zip ties so you can keep the net attached. Within a year, the poles start sagging and rusting...and you got what you paid for.

This goal is different. First of all, you can tell by working with it that it is built with a lot more quality than a bunch of hollow metal poles. The engineering is superb. I'm pretty slow when it comes to putting things together, and I put this together in 10 minutes. Now that I know how it works, I could do it in just a few. The whole frame is one piece that folds out in less than a minute once you know what you're doing. The concept of the flexible net rods is genius, because the net actually forms the front frame of the goal. The upside of this is a lighter weight system, and a system that absorbs ANY shot you can dish out without tipping over. You don't even need the included stakes. The downside, of course, is that you can't clank a shot off the crossbar or side post because they are soft.

My 8 year old has one of the best legs in his league and this goal can handle anything he can dish out. Just to be sure, though, my 16 year old who plays a very high level of club soccer drilled a few into the net, and it absorbed his power with ease. He was impressed.

In Summary, I wish I had bought this goal years ago because it might have saved me money in the long run. I like that I can pack it away in less than 5 minutes to store in my basement during the off season. I think that will help it last longer too, not being in the elements year round. I highly recommend this goal!

AT-A-GLANCE Weekly / Monthly Planner, Collection, Academic Year, 13 Months, July 2015-July 2016, 5.88 x 8.25 Inch Page Size (YP106A-07)
Price: $21.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Planner/Agenda, July 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We got this for our High School aged son to use to keep track of his life in High School. Our mantra is "plan your work, and then work your plan". We found that the busier he got, the better chance there was that he would forget an assignment. It's amazing to see the negative affect of one blown assignment on an otherwise great semester. Here are our observations:

Likes:
-The look of of the planner is high end, with nice neutral colors and a stiff/rugged burlap feeling cover.
-The size is great, about 6" x 8.25". Fits easily in a book bag or briefcase.
-3YR Reference includes current year + 2 forward. (2015 thru 2017)
-Personal Profile Page, where you can write your name and contact info for someone to contact you should you lose the planner.
-Logical and useful arrangement of each month sectioned off with it's own tab, and then laid out with month-at-a-glance, and then weekly detail pages where you can write plenty of planning content by day. This is how he manages his life, on a weekly basis with the need to record some long range stuff. I know in the business world this is how it is too.

There are extra pages at the end to record contacts and extra notes, there is a holiday dates list, and there is a time zone map, which for this purpose has limited usefulness, but it doesn't hurt anything to have it there.

The one wish I have for this planner is some kind of small pocket on the inside cover to slide a business card into, or to keep a few index cards handy. Other than that, this planner is a winner!

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexa is Just Amazing!, June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
The Amazon Echo is a 5 Star product all the way! We love "Alexa". We rely on her for a lot of help around the house now.
-We love the ability to ask Alexa to put stuff on the "Shopping List". Then when we are at the store we can read the shopping list right on our iPhone and cross stuff off the list when we buy it. No more fumbling for or forgetting a paper list. This has been a game changer for us.
-We use the Timer function daily. We have trained the kids to set Alexa's timer for 1 hour before they start playing Wii U or PS4, and then she notifies them when their time is up. And they do it every time, and cheerfully. No more Us vs. Them. Love it. We also set a timer whenever we need to be reminded to take something out of the oven. Setting a timer with Alexa is a snap. You just say, "Alexa, set a timer for 1 hour" and it is set. She even confirms it with you, saying "One hour, starting now".
-Additional functions we use are the Weather Reports, Sports Scores, the ability to listen to our favorite local Radio Station live and in digital quality, streaming Prime music content, and even an occasional Joke or two.

We love Alexa. Everyone who visits and sees our demo, wants one too. The sound is great, Alexa is helpful and easy to use, and it looks great on our kitchen counter top. Each week we receive an email from Amazon containing tips and tricks for Alexa, and they are always notifying us of new capabilities...some of them very advanced. Alexa is not like Siri, where you can ask her any question and she looks up the answer. But that type of capability may come over time. Nevertheless, Alexa is PLENTY useful without it. Highly Recommend!

Linksys AC1200 Amplify Dual Band High-Power Wi-Fi Range Extender with Intelligent Spot Finder Technology and AC Pass Thru (RE6700)
Price: $118.22
35 used & new from $100.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Be Easier!, June 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender couldn't be easier to install. One recommendation I have before you start is to download the IOS or Android app TELSTRA WI-FI MAXIMISER and do a wi-fi signal strength map of your house. It was very enlightening for me, and pointed me in the right direction on placement of the AC1200.

I plugged the AC1200 into an outlet that I thought would receive enough signal from my Uverse NVG589 router, but was still far enough away to spread the signal farther. I waited about a minute, and sure enough, a new wi-fi network called "Linksys Extender Setup" appeared on my iPhone. I connected to this new network using my iPhone, then opened Safari and navigated to "http://extender.linksys.com".

A handy wizard pops up that guides you through the setup. The first thing it told me was that I had placed the AC1200 in an optimal location. Not too close and not too far. Next I selected the network I wanted to extend, and gave it the password. My password has 38 characters in it, and that was not a problem at all. Then it connected, and setup was done. Now I have much better signal strength in the remote corners of the upper floor of my house.

This is a wonderful, easy to install and manage device that can give you terrific results. No need to be any kind of technical expert. Just follow 3 easy steps in the included Quick Start Guide, and you're all set!

An additional note: The AC1200 is built such that you can plug it into the lower outlet of a double outlet, and it does not block the top outlet. It shares nicely. Also, I have tested plugging our vacuum cleaner in and out of the pass-through outlet on the AC1200, and it works great, and also doesn't pull the AC1200 out of the wall when you unplug the vacuum.

Hitachi DS10DFL2 12V Peak Li-Ion Cordless Driver Drill with 2 Batteries and Quick Charger
Price: Click here to see our price
25 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Value Drill, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Hitachi DS10DFL2 12V drill is a very nice value drill. You get a lot for $100. You get the drill, two batteries, the charger, a nice hard case, and a useful selection of screwdriver bits. I also own a 12V Dewalt equivalent, and it cost $25 more and didn't come with a hard case or the screwdriver bits.

The Hitachi DS10DFL2 12V feels very nice in your hand. It is lightweight, well balanced, and has a great feeling grip. Everything is right where you'd expect it to be too. Speed control on top. Direction change right above and slightly behind the trigger.

This drill has plenty of power to drive a 3" screw through a pressure treated deck board and into the deck frame. No problem. I believe you could use this drill to do an entire deck job. So it will be more than satisfactory for the average home use.

The speed control is very granular and easy using the trigger, and the chuck action is very simple and accurate, so bits are easy to load and unload. The batteries are small and light yet provide quite a bit of uses per charge, and they charge relatively quick. My Dewalt batteries are a little easier to attach and remove, but that is a very minor difference.

All in all, this drill is winner. I had never tried a Hitachi cordless power tool until now, but this drill has made a believer out of me.

Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST Leland, Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O, Arctic Stainless
Price: $349.13
5 used & new from $265.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Faucet by Delta, May 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Leland Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O by Delta is definitely a 5 star faucet in my book, for the following reasons:
-Easy to install. Could be easier, but it still only took me 1 hour after I had removed my old faucet.
-Beautiful, high quality components. Arctic Stainless is actually closer in tint to a real stainless sink.
-Very powerful and effective spray setting.
-Six AA batteries included for the Touch2O to work.
-Made to be installed in a tight space behind your sink. You need as little as 4 inches of depth for this to faucet to mount. The Faucet itself only uses one hole, and occupies 2.5" on the counter top surface.
-The Touch2O works really well and is very useful for anyone who does some hand washing of dishes, pots, pans, etc.
-I especially like that the Touch2O lights up to tell you when it is active, and what temperature water will come out if you touch the faucet.

I replaced a non-Touch2O version of the Delta Leland Kitchen Faucet with this one. They install almost exactly the same. I think anyone who is handy with a wrench and understands basic plumbing can install this faucet. The instructions include helpful diagrams, and the install is organized to be done in steps. For each step there is a bag of parts that are used in that step, which is very helpful. The install does not require any plumbers putty or thread seal tape.

I mentioned that the install could have been easier. The water supply lines are very stiff, which makes maneuvering underneath the sink somewhat difficult. The supply lines get in the way of fastening the faucet to the counter top deck. The threaded pipe and nut used to secure the faucet in place require about 500 turns it seems. I had to switch hands because one hand became fatigued, but eventually got it tight enough that I could then use the included wrench to make the last few turns.

I'm a big fan of Delta Faucet because of products like this. The 4 year old Delta Leland Faucet I removed to put this one in, came out as easy as it went in. No rust or corrosion, and still looks and works great. I have removed numerous Moen faucets that I had to chisel out because they were so corroded underneath. You won't have that with a Delta faucet.

If you want to take your kitchen to the next level and put in a high quality faucet that is stylish, compact, functional, AND Hi-Tech...then this is the one for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2015 1:00 PM PDT

Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein euphoria Eau de Parfum, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Euphoric Scent from Calvin Klein, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This scent smells wonderful on my wife. She characterizes it as follows:
-Medium weight, not light and flowery
-OK for daytime use, but better for night time...out on the town use
-Not musky
-Smells good, complex and sophisticated, long lasting but not overpowering
-The silver bottle is easy to hold, is attractive.

I like how my wife smells while wearing this scent. I do not smell this scent anywhere else in the workplace, or after hours so I think it is a less common scent, which I think is nice.

This would make a great gift for any woman who doesn't want to smell like a flowery body spray bomb went off. Highly recommend.

Remington XF8550 SmartEdge Advanced Foil Shaver, Blue
Remington XF8550 SmartEdge Advanced Foil Shaver, Blue
Price: $99.99
4 used & new from $94.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Electric Shaver, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been shaving with electric shavers for about 25 years. In the interest of full disclosure I use Braun, but I like trying shavers from other manufacturers like Remington, Panasonic, and Philips Norelco. I have used the Remington XF8550 for one week and here are my observations.

Likes:
-I like the blue color, and ergonomically it feels great...very comfortable in your hand.
-2 Year Warranty
-The charging stand has a small form factor that uses less space than many of the others out there.
-A charge lasts a long time and the power dip doesn't occur until the very end..typical of Lithium technology.
-Easy to take apart and clean or rinse off. Comes with a nice whisker brush.
-Has a travel lock feature in case you travel without the charge stand. Prevents the shaver from getting bumped, turning on, and then draining itself.
-A drawstring travel bag is included, and it can hold the shaver, the charging stand, and the whisker brush easily.
-Gives a good solid shave as a brand new shaver. Not as close as my Braun 7-790cc, but that shaver was also almost twice as expensive.
-The pop-up trimmer is convenient to use, doesn't nick your skin, and does an accurate job.

Dislikes/Needs Improvement:
-This is a 3 foil shaver, but the outer two are for longer hairs, while the middle foil protects the cutter block that does the real close shaving. Because there is only one cutter block it takes a little longer to shave, -AND- it makes it hard to get that middle foil close to sideburns, under your nose, etc. You end up leaving a little unshaven area in each of those spots. My Braun, on the other hand, has the two cutter blocks on the outside, and a single long hair cutter in between, so I can get really close to sideburns and my nose, and it shaves a little faster.
-I wish the shaver gave a little closer shave, but then I am also spoiled by my current shaver.
-If you travel and want to be able to charge the shaver while on the road, you must bring the charging stand. There is no ability to just bring the shaver and the cord like some other shavers. This is only a minor inconvenience since they can all fit in the travel bag, and the charging stand is so small.

All in all, this is a very nice electric shaver for the money. I think it competes well with any other shaver in the $100 price range.

Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Black + Decker P300S 5-Minute Pizza Oven and Snack Maker, Silver
Price: $129.99
16 used & new from $83.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Idea, But Needs Improvement, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A Purpose built electric pizza oven is a nice idea, and who better to try one than the small appliance king of the world, Black & Decker?

Positives:
-Simple, easy setup consisting of only 4 parts. (oven, crumb tray, ceramic tray, tray handle)
-Sleek, modern design. Only two knobs. No electronic output. Kind of retro. Even the timer is the old fashioned ticking time bomb type of timer that dings when it is done.
-Flexibility to use it for things other than pizza.
-It works as claimed. It gets really hot. We'll trust them that it's 600 degrees. It will cook a pizza in 5 mins. My double oven only reaches 550 degrees, so for this little hummer to reach 600 is pretty impressive.

Negatives:
-No way to tell the current temperature. No way to tell, and no audible notification if it is preheated.
-It should come with burn treatment. It gets really hot all over. The only places you can touch and be safe are the door handle and the two knobs. I was super careful and still got burned.
-It has 5 settings, three of which are 600 degrees, and two of which are 375 degrees. "Bake" and "Deep Dish Pizza" are both 375 degrees and seem redundant. I would have just had "Bake Low" for 375 degrees, and then "Bake High" for either 425 or 450 degrees, which many frozen snacks such as cheese sticks, fries, etc. seem to require.
-You need to run a few cycles with it empty to burn off any machine oils. It smoked pretty bad and stunk up the main floor of our house. I did 3 10-minute cycles on "Fresh/Frozen Pizza" so it would get to 600 degrees.
-Once the ceramic tray gets hot, it sort of warps and becomes harder to load back into the oven. Maybe I was using it wrong, but I preheated the oven, removed the ceramic tray, loaded my pizza on it (outside the oven), then pushed the tray back into the oven. This was difficult and caused the oven to slide around.

I tested it on two homemade 10" pizzas. The first one cooked in 5 minutes on "Fresh/Frozen Pizza", which is 600 degrees and uses a high intensity lamp on top. The top of the pizza got a little too dark for my liking, and the crust was not crisp enough. For the next pizza I chose "Rising Crust Pizza", which is also 600 degrees, but uses a medium intensity lamp. It cooked in 6 minutes and turned out perfect.

All in all, not too bad an experience, but could use some refining.

This appliance is great for any household that doesn't already have a toaster oven, or has limitless counter space, or doesn't mind dragging out a purpose built appliance for homemade pizza night. This would be nice in a break room at work, or in a college dorm kitchen. I personally already have one of the Breville Smart Ovens, and there is no way this could even hope to supplant that appliance...at least for me.

Karma Card Game
Karma Card Game
Price: $10.31
28 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner from Set, April 15, 2015
This review is from: Karma Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have owned the game SET since the beginning, and thought we would give KARMA a try. It is very similar in that you place cards on the table, but you play much more from the hand in this game. Still, not a good fit for a travel game in the car. The game itself is fast paced, interesting, priced right, and easy enough for an 8yr old to get pretty dang good at it quickly. I'm amazed at how quickly the tide can change in this game, and someone who looks like they're going to run away with it all of a sudden gets about 20 cards and has to dig themselves out.

In short, this game is a winner for families who like to have a quick 20-30 minute game with 3-4 people, and maybe have an age range like we do, of children from 16 down to 8. This game would make a great gift for classmates of your children...you know, when they get invited to a birthday party last minute and you don't know what to get them. Their parents will thank you too, for not getting them a big box retailer's gift card.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20