Profile for Heidi German > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heidi German "hjm8" RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Disney Where's My Water? Game
Disney Where's My Water? Game
Offered by Alexander's Great Treasures LLC
Price: $8.00
60 used & new from $3.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Requires lots of adult help, November 13, 2013
My 4-year-old got this for a birthday present from a friend and I'm counting down the days until I can make it 'disappear' and he won't notice it's gone. In the vein of similarly parent-reviled games like Mousetrap and 1313 Dead End Drive, this is a game that takes twice as long to set up as it does to actually play. The box says it's appropriate for ages 5 and up and I know my son is a year younger than the recommended age, but I really don't see him being able to do it all independently in a year. Save your money and play the app instead.

Lee Women's Misses Slender Secret Scarlett Barely Bootcut Jean
Lee Women's Misses Slender Secret Scarlett Barely Bootcut Jean
Price: $32.90 - $34.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of the length, April 11, 2013
My favorite pair of jeans are also Lee Slender Secrets and I've worn them so much that I wore holes in the inner thighs. This is a different style than the ones I bought a few years ago at Kohl's, but I like them just as much. They fit great if you are curvy in the hips/thighs. They have just the right amount of stretch and don't get all stretched out even if I wear them a few days in a row.

My one criticism and the reason I didn't give 5 stars is the length--the original pair of 10 Regulars I bought at Kohl's a few years back were very long and I had to have them hemmed to wear them with flats. This new pair I ordered a 10 Regular (because 10 L was not available) and they are just exactly the right length for me to wear with ballet flats, but would be much too short to wear with any shoe higher than a ballet flat. I am on the tall side at 5'8" and do have longer legs but if you're wanting to wear these pants with heels or wedges, you really should order Longs or they will likely be too short!

Kikkerland Biodegradable Paper Straws, Blue and White Striped, Box of 144
Kikkerland Biodegradable Paper Straws, Blue and White Striped, Box of 144
Price: Click here to see our price
20 used & new from $4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars More turquoise than blue, May 29, 2012
I ordered these for a party with a nautical theme and hoped they'd be more of a royal blue--however, I think they're really more of a deep turquoise. Still pretty, just not the shade of blue I was looking for.

Warmans Kitschy Kitchen Collectibles Field Guide (Warman's Field Guide)
Warmans Kitschy Kitchen Collectibles Field Guide (Warman's Field Guide)
by Brian S. Alexander
Price: $10.58
81 used & new from $0.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning--this is the same as Spiffy Kitchen Collectibles, June 8, 2006
Just a warning to anyone buying books on kitchen collectibles--this field guide is made up of the exact same pictures and information as the book Spiffy Kitchen Collectibles, also by Brian S. Alexander. I didn't realize they would have exactly the same content and ordered them both, much to my chagrin. Thank goodness for returns! Spiffy Kitchen Collectibles iseasier to look at due to its larger format but if you want a smaller version to read on the go while thrifting or yard saling, the Warmans Field Guide will do.

Spiffy Kitchen Collectibles
Spiffy Kitchen Collectibles
by Brian S. Alexander
34 used & new from $11.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning--this is the same as the Warmans Kitschy Kitchen Collectibles Field Guide, June 8, 2006
I just recieved Spiffy Kitchen Collectibles and was quite disappointed to find out that it is exactly the same graphics and photographs as contained in the Warmans Kitschy Kitchen Collectibles Field Guide, just in larger format. I saw they were by the same author, but didn't think they'd be exactly the same inside!

The Toy Collector
The Toy Collector
by James Gunn
52 used & new from $1.34

1.0 out of 5 stars More Disturbing than Compelling, October 18, 2000
This review is from: The Toy Collector (Hardcover)
I hate to break stride with all these positive reviews, but I hated this book. I was compelled to finish, yes, but compelled in the same way that one is compelled to look for corpses while passing highway car accidents. What started out as a promising recount of childhood quickly digressed. There is nothing redeeming about James; not one thing that elicits sympathy from the reader about his poor, sorry excuse for a life, not even being abused by his father or the suicide of a dear friend. By the end of the book, all I could hope was that Jimmy would throw himself in front of a NYC bus while in a drug-induced haze, or O.D., or otherwise put himself (and the reader) out of his misery.