Profile for Milena Joy Morris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Milena Joy Morris "Milena Joy Morris" RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Stop! Drop! & Wiggle!: 7 Easy Steps to Happiness
Stop! Drop! & Wiggle!: 7 Easy Steps to Happiness
by Gaia Shawna Morrissette
Price: $10.79
16 used & new from $7.23

5.0 out of 5 stars I really really Love this book! (And you probably will too!), April 24, 2014
I read this book in the course of one day (and have continued to re-read & refer to it daily since then). It contains so much potent information I felt like I was significantly expanding just by reading it.
Gaia's writing is down to earth and from the heart, it is fun and easy to read.
The 7 step system is very powerful & life changing, *if you will do it*!
I am one of those who likes everything fast, but the truth is, unlearning a lifetime of default patterns is not going to happen in an instant. Or one day. It will take some effort. But this book shows you how, and encourages you every step of the way. If you work with it daily, you will be happily surprised by the results.
This book teaches a great set of tools along with the 7 steps that will absolutely change things for the better in your life.
I am so grateful to Gaia for sharing her wisdom & heart with the world. We need it.
Highly recommended for almost everyone. (See below)

Disclaimer: There is some "colorful language" in the book, which in my opinion adds personality & increases the down to earth appeal of it. If you choose to be easily offended by words, you may not enjoy it as much as I did. Everyone else will love it.

Awkward Moments Children's Bible, Vol. 1
Awkward Moments Children's Bible, Vol. 1
by Horus Gilgamesh
Price: $15.21
27 used & new from $12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruesome, twisted, stomach turning--Taken Directly from the Holy Bible!, December 8, 2013
The content of this book is disturbing and ugly.
I don't enjoy the images of torture, violence, and twisted stories that would excite a psychopathic killer.
But, since the stories are taken directly from the "Holy" Bible, it is a very important book.
I was raised reading the Bible. All of it.
I read it several times throughout my childhood/teen years. So I am not shocked by the stories featured in the Awkward Moments book. I know them all too well.

Anyone who hasn't read the entire Bible would be well served to make sure to look up every single scripture listed in Awkward Moments.
Make sure you have a Bible handy, and look it all up.
It's all there.
And it's disgusting.

To the book's creators: Great job doing something so many of us have wanted to do for years! Great work. Thank you.

Coreyography: A Memoir
Coreyography: A Memoir
by Corey Feldman
Price: $18.76
100 used & new from $3.48

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read. Sad & Dark, but worth it., November 28, 2013
This review is from: Coreyography: A Memoir (Hardcover)
This book was hard for me to read. It is filled with so much pain & darkness.
A huge part of the story is about drug addiction and the desperate empty longing to be truly loved, as the devastating result of an early lifetime of abuses.
Reading as Corey describes his life felt like a black hole to me.
I actually came away feeling so incredibly grateful for my childhood (which was anything but ideal), and grateful for my life now. It's far from perfect, but man. Man.
I can see how reading this without an understanding of how physical, emotional & sexual abuse affects a child could leave people looking down on Corey & his best friend with the same name.
If you don't understand you may just judge them as stupid for the life choices they made. They are so much more than that.

I've always mourned Corey Haim's life more than his death. This book just solidified that. Rest in Peace Corey Haim. You deserve it.

Thank you Corey Feldman for telling your story, for what you've done in exposing the pervasive problem of pedophilia in the industry, and for your part in changing the laws to protect children!
I hope you are able to live in peace now. You deserve it too.

Dear Jack
Dear Jack
DVD ~ Andrew McMahon
Price: $12.74
21 used & new from $5.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet & Touching. Andrew's Light is so Bright., November 28, 2013
This review is from: Dear Jack (DVD)
It is good. Any fan of Andrew's will most likely enjoy watching it.
Andy is a beautiful soul, a light for all he touches.
This film shares his spirit, his struggles, the sweet love story with his adorable wife, the powerful love of a supportive family & a very hopeful outlook on surviving cancer.
It does not include the most difficult stage of his fight with cancer, as he stopped filming when things got too crazy after his Stem Cell transplant. (I believe the trailer says he captured everything on tape, so I was surprised that was not actually the case.)
The emotional, heart touching song he wrote for his sister, (who's generous choices helped save his life), "There There Katie" is one of my favorite things about this film.
Totally worth it.

Being You, Changing the World
Being You, Changing the World
by Dr. Dain Heer
17 used & new from $33.80

5.0 out of 5 stars More FUN than a Barrel of Monkeys!, January 28, 2012
If I had only 6 words to describe it: This is a really sweet book. Luckily I have more, so let me ramble a bit. ;)
Dain writes in the same style he speaks. Authentically, Humorously, Boldly, Vulnerably, Weirdly & with a Sweetness & Tenderness of Spirit that is uncommonly touching.
This book is also FUN to read! Absolutely enjoyable & it may just end up rocking your world.
Recommended for anyone who is open to something different. :)

Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
by Anita Moorjani
Price: $17.89
131 used & new from $3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, January 28, 2012
I am almost at a loss for words. Reading Dying to Be Me was a beautiful profound experience. This book is SO potent. Absolutely brilliant, moving and inspirational. It is written in a way that is easy to read, it flows well, and it has the power to change lives for the sublimely better. I can not recommend it enough. I agree with Dr Wayne Dyer: If you only read one book this year you should make it [Dying to Be Me]!!

The Big Glow: Insight, Inspiration, Peace and Passion
The Big Glow: Insight, Inspiration, Peace and Passion
by Brian Piergrossi
Price: $15.26
38 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!, August 3, 2008
This is a fun, energizing book.
It's easy to read, and you can just randomly open it to any page for a dose of wisdom, poetry, inspiration, and joy.
It makes a great gift too. I love it. :)

The Astonishing Power of Emotions
The Astonishing Power of Emotions
by Jerry Hicks
Price: $16.85
354 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal--Highly recommended!, February 22, 2008
As always, Abraham's teachings are incredibly inspiring.
This book will lift your mood, guaranteed.
I love the CD that is included too--it's fun, great listening.
If you know you're ready for a change, or if you want help in understanding how to improve any unpleasant situation, this is the book to read!!

The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
by Brian Klemmer
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, no-nonsense advice, February 22, 2008
I bought this book for my boyfriend, who is not as in to the spiritual/metaphysical genre as I am. It seemed like a good "practical man's" guide to incorporating heart & head.
Brian's writing is great. Very easy to follow, great analogies, and practical no-nonsense advice.
It is a great book for anyone open to new ways of thinking, yet not interested in "new age fluff".
I very much enjoyed the few chapters I read, and my boyfriend continues to rave about it.
If you apply the wisdom contained in this book, you will change your life for the better!

Born to Manifest, Law of Attraction Tools and Techniques
Born to Manifest, Law of Attraction Tools and Techniques
by Thomas Murasso
Price: $17.96
28 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fun, powerful, easy to love book!, July 12, 2007
I received a free copy of "Born to Manifest".
I enjoyed it.
The law of attraction is explained, in simple terms, that everyone can understand.
The step-by-step tools provided are clear, and very fun to use.
Tom's down to earth, personal style of writing is great. You feel right at home reading the message, as if you're listening to a special teacher or friend share their secrets with you.
I also loved the analogies, which provided a couple "a-ha" moments for me.
Great read!