Profile for Emina Evol > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emina Evol RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
Offered by Security Sannce
Price: $3.59
115 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cheapest HDMI ever, August 22, 2011
I cannot believe you can pay up to $100s of dollars for an HDMI cable. I was using composite cables for my PS3 on my HDTV (LED) and let me tell you, as soon as I hooked it up I felt like I was missing out BIG TIME on not getting these sooner. If you have an HDTV please please please get some HDMI cables. I wanted something cheap because I have no clue about any kind of cable. This is my first one and I'm so sorry I did not buy sooner. For less than two bucks how can you say no???

I'm completely in awe. In for two days and the picture quality is so much better than composite.

GET THESE NOW. Even if they might not last long at least you hardly spent anything. I'm seriously amazed and mad at myself for not getting sooner.

Kid Friendly Remote Pack - Mini Pink for Wii
Kid Friendly Remote Pack - Mini Pink for Wii
3 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun When it works, August 10, 2011
I bought this for my 4 yr old and it's perfect. The color she loves, the size is great for her little hands, the design is great for children. I do love this remote. However, this remote eats batteries like it's no business. I am at the point now where I have to replace the batteries every time she wants to play. EVERY TIME I kid you not. At first I thought "Uh-oh, this thing is not working like some other reviewers claimed" but I got it to sync, it worked with batteries, and had no major problems Until now. It seems the more I change the batteries the more it eats them like candy! Buyer beware. I haven't checked to see if I could charge this like other other wiimotes nor I have bought rechargeable batteries yet but I'm looking into those options. Anything to salvage my daughter's favorite wii mote so she can play games with me.

The Cat Returns
The Cat Returns
DVD ~ Anne Hathaway
Price: $22.20
17 used & new from $20.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats Rule!, February 14, 2011
This review is from: The Cat Returns (DVD)
(Warning also rating and reviewing with a 3 year old in mind).

My daughter and I love this movie! The english voice cast was an excellent (dare I say purrrfect?) choice for this role. This is such a fun little story for animation lovers, people with children, Adults with kid hearts and everyone in general. This is a story about a young girl who crosses paths with a cat. Eventually complication ensues and she needs the Baron's help!

If you are not familiar with the inspiration for this, "Whispers of the Heart," Please watch that one as well. You will not be disappointed. I don't think both are necessary to enjoy either one as a stand alone as they are both great movies.

The only thing that could be improved was more character development and a longer story! I wanted the movie to be longer and more developed but nonetheless this was great how it was. We enjoyed this so much my daughter quotes the cat king everyday. Thanks a lot cat king, or rather, "Thanks a lot Babe."

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - Nintendo DS
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - Nintendo DS
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $16.09
58 used & new from $10.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Trick is tricky, and fun!, February 7, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
First off, I have never played any of the Phoenix Wright games. I know about them but just have never played them. I also like puzzles. Now that that's out of the way...

I loved this game! I bought it during a sale and the only thing I knew about it was that it was what I read from the brief description. I knew nothing about who developed this game (other than it comes from Capcom. I hardly considered that this was a puzzle type game though I assumed as much from the description and title (tricks?!). This game was fun! The puzzles were actually not too hard but a few were a bit challenging. Just read the clues and try again and I didn't mind trying several times. I loved the characters. All of them! Part of me kept trying to hold off playing it as I knew it would eventually come to the end. I'm glad I made this purchase. It was definitely worth the price.

(4 Stars for fun?!)A downside is that I do wish some puzzles were harder (but I like trying to figure out things) and that we got to see more of the crazy characters that were introduced! Also, I felt like this was too short! Saving...when you save it didn't matter because you restarted from the beginning of that Time Frame (from which you save in the first place). Overall these did not hinder my entire experience though.

Buy if You:
Like puzzles
Like a good story
Don't mind reading and re-reading dialog
Want a short game that is a little challenging
Want to feel good about the game after you played it

Do not buy if You:)
Want to rush through this game
Do not care for the story line
Have no patience
Are not fun to be around
Cannot read (game won't be fun nor the same)
Don't like guys with sunglasses who wears them at night

Star Wars ABC
Star Wars ABC
by Scholastic
Edition: Board book
Price: $10.48
79 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Star Wars Gloss, January 28, 2011
This review is from: Star Wars ABC (Board book)
I got this book for my 3 1/2 year old daughter. She loves Star Wars more specifically stormtroopers (a future 501st maybe? lol) The book was in better quality than I could have hoped: nice glossy pages, thick boards for each page, colors that really popped. My complaint is that they could have used the letters to represent more basic, "beginner" if you will, Star Wars things to introduce young fans. Of course parents will know most if not all the nouns representing each letter. Still a great book, especially for your little geeks just learning the alphabet.

Brain Quest Preschool
Brain Quest Preschool
by Chris Welles Feder
Edition: Cards
53 used & new from $3.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3 Year olds Already in School, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Brain Quest Preschool (Cards)
I was just about the get the one for 3 year olds but decided on this one at the last minute. Never too late to get a head start right? My daughter is almost 3.5 years old and these are actually a bit on the easy side for her. If you have a 3 year old in preschool these should be okay. My daughter found these quite fun and asks to do this over and over again and tried to test me with a few questions! I was actually a little shocked that she knew most of these, or disappointed that these were so easy. I guess it's a bit of both.

Queen of the Damned
Queen of the Damned
Price: $9.53
85 used & new from $1.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 20, 2010
This review is from: Queen of the Damned (Audio CD)
This is a great soundtrack for this genre of music. I admit it's hard for me to enjoy soundtracks because there is always a few songs I want to skip over or can't get into or even a few songs that feel like they don't belong. Not in this soundtrack. Every song is perfect and fits. I can listen to the whole cd from start to finish. Great for just rocking out.

Biology, 7th Edition (Book & CD-ROM)
Biology, 7th Edition (Book & CD-ROM)
by Neil A. Campbell
466 used & new from $1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Biology and more, May 23, 2009
This book helped me extensively with my Majors Bio class. It has also helped with my microbiology and especially my physiology class. This book goes into dept, the pictures are great, the diagrams are wonderful. If you are a visual learning like me this book would be great for you bio majors. This book is definitely not boring and many concepts are deeply explored. The best science book I own.

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: $16.01
2885 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Dawn, September 25, 2008
*May or May not contain spoilers. Read at your own risk*
There are so many disasters within this book but I'm only going to focus on one because so many other people have illustrated and presented quite nicely why this book is flawed.

I was excited to finally wrap up this series. I wanted to know how Bella and Edward would end up, though who didn't know she'd become a vampire? I was able to read the whole series this year only waiting two months for this book. I read no spoilers. I read no fanfics. I read this book expecting NOTHING except what I was told or rather suggested to expect all along. A romance between a vampire and a human. I was embarrassingly hooked on Bella and Edward and I wanted more.

Here's an excerpt from the jacket:

"Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fate of two tribes hangs."

This book is about Bella's choice. Her choice about becoming a vampire. I wasn't surprised when she became a vampire. The anticipated wedding could have been ROMANTIC like what was advertised about her relationship. We get to read about the upcoming wedding in Eclipse only to have the wedding blur right by us. What was Bella's wedding dress even like? I got the feeling that she didn't care one bit about a wedding. Okay, it's Bella and she doesn't like to be the center of attention but she is marrying her love, the guy she cannot live without, the guy she would possibly die for. This event could have been a great thing for this book but it was overlooked. I felt just as rushed as Bella reading about it as if the author wrote it just to get it out of the way. Nothing romantic about this wedding (not saying that all weddings are romantic but this is "just a book" right? Why not dazzle us with more romance?)

Here's one more excerpt:

"Now that Bella Has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences."

Bella made her decision. Now she has to have a devastating consequence. But what? I am still trying to figure out what her consequence was. Giving up Jacob? Giving up her family? Being in pain for the first year as a newborn? Oh wait, it's giving up having children, right?

Exactly. Not only do I read about Loch Nessie that should not have been but Edward and Bella get taken away from me. Where's the romance? It's replaced by that thing and Bella's ex. And what about Edward? There were too many new elements and surprises that did not fit in with the whole series. So many in fact Bella and Edward's relationship was sacrificed. That's right, that was the consequence, the thing that Bella had to give up. This read like a bad soap opera. This book is just an empty shell of what could have been a good young adult vampire drama/romance story.

P.S. I have to admit this book was so bad I could not finish it. I had to skip through some parts to read what happened in the end. This book lost my interest so quick and took the longest to read out of all the books in the Twilight Series. This book should be labeled adult science fiction.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2008 5:23 AM PDT

Harmony Breastpump
Harmony Breastpump

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pump, Looses Suction After a While., January 24, 2008
This review is from: Harmony Breastpump (Baby Product)
I bought this pump after my baby was born in July 2007. Since I exclusively breastfeed and am a stay at home mom, I only used this pump once a week, sometimes twice a week. This pump is great for people who have never used a pump before or who want to try out a manual pump, both applied to me. It was very easy to use. There are two pumping phases, a let down and regular, Although I hardly needed the let down pumping phase (some mothers won't need it), it did come in handy on a few occasions and made pumping easy and pain-free. A lot of complaints I read about other manual pumps are that they are messy and/or painful. The mess was very minimal and the pain non-existent. The parts were also fairly easy to clean. The only down side was that the pump lost the suction completely. Make sure you clean this pump as soon as you're done using this (the wipes that came with it work fine especially if you're on the go!) Overall, this pump worked great until it lost suction!

Page: 1 | 2