Profile for Andrew Davis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew Davis "TPL Drew" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Little Spot in Grand Central Station: a New York story
The Little Spot in Grand Central Station: a New York story
by Laura Nestor
Price: $12.76
18 used & new from $10.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story With a Real World Tie-In, March 6, 2014
I've been to Grand Central and I've seen the Little Spot. I really enjoyed reading the story and for anyone visiting New York with your kids, this is a great book to bring and read before seeing the Little Spot in the actual location and in real life. The author has brought to life a charming story about the stars, the history, and the little dirty spot in the corner of an amazing structure. Enjoy it as much as I did.

I've actually purchased copies and given them as gifts for others headed to New York for vacation!

Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less
by Joe Pulizzi
Price: $15.96
76 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reference & Resource Wrapped in a Great Story, October 3, 2013
Length:: 2:46 Mins

I think Epic Content Marketing is a tremendous marketing reference guide and resource wrapped up in a great story. It's the kind of book you read once and reference 100 times. Epic Content Marketing is for the content marketing cynic and skeptic as well as the marketer looking to embrace and use Content Marketing for their business.

Joe Pulizzi walks you through how he built one of America's fastest growing companies while spending under $50K in traditional advertising.

I met Joe in 2008 - only 6 months after he'd launched the Content Marketing Institute. At the time, Joe had these lofty goals, an unbridled enthusiasm, and EPIC ambition. Today, that's all still true, and it shows. As Joe walks us through his content marketing philosophy he introduces us to hundreds of other EPIC examples. Examples from SAP, Coke, Red Bull, Converse, Openview Partners, River Pools and Spas... (the list is long!)

Sure, this book is full of examples, but it's also full of insight.
Joe helps you understand how content marketing works. How content marketing is used and what results to expect. Joe shows you how to promote the content you create and how to measure the impact.

Epic Content Marketing is full of the mechanical advice you need to apply what you learn and it's littered with the right amount of inspiration and aspiration.

Epic Content Marketing is a resource. It's a reference book. It's a great story. And, it's Epic-ly enjoyable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 7:09 PM PST

The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
Price: $12.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Marketing & PR Fundamentals Updated For Today, August 9, 2013
Length:: 2:22 Mins

Over the past four years, I've found myself referencing The New Rules of Marketing & PR more often than I ever imagined. It's one of the few print books I keep in my office and on the shelf. I also often recommend the book to executives looking to get a clear and compelling understanding of the digital universe and how they can put it to work for their organization. Marketing and PR professionals will find the book refreshingly insightful. The book's focus on strategies and tactics that work keep it hype-free and simple - which I like.

The Fourth Edition has completely new and updated case studies, and a wonderfully compelling new section on Newsjacking (which I'm eager to embrace after reading the book.) There are interesting new insights into app development (including a chapter on Uber.) I particularly enjoyed David's Instagram section and the new (and compelling) ideas to leverage Google Plus and Google Hangouts for my business.

In short, there aren't many books I recommend you own a paperback copy of (as opposed to an electronic edition) but this is one of them. You'll find yourself referencing it for the next two years (or at least until David Meerman Scott releases the 5th edition.)

Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPhone, & Kindle Fire - Gun Metal
Price: $26.99
14 used & new from $17.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Made, Initially Great, Wore Out WAY TOO FAST, March 11, 2013
I received my Jot Pro only a few weeks ago and I loved it. That's until the small piece of conductive 'paper' on the tip started to wear away. Now I can't use it. Literally, it's useless. Now I have a fancy stick that can't be used for anything. This stylus would be great if it didn't denigrate so rapidly. Guess it's back to my cheap foam-tipped stylus that's been with me for a year.

The Marketer's Guide to SlideShare: How to Build Your Brand, Generate Leads & Create Opportunities
by Todd Wheatland
Price: $22.44
33 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Books in 1: Strategic Guide & Tactical Manual, January 22, 2013
Length:: 2:22 Mins

The Marketers Guide to Slideshare is 2 books in 1:

It's a strategic guide designed to help CMO's and marketing leaders understand and harness the power of Slideshare. It's also a tactical and practical tutorial on the best ways to do everything from setting up your account to designing the background image and even Zipcasting. (Don't know what it is? Todd tells you all about it.)

Full of wonderfully illustrative examples - like a Chevy dealer who sold trucks using Slideshare or IBM who's heavily branded channel is a site to see - Todd helps anyone dive into mastering one channel to help generate leads and deliver results (he has a great section about what to measure.)

Todd's book will open your eyes to the possibilities on Slideshare. If you're nervous about wading into social media - this book (and Slideshare) is a great first step.

If you're a social media guru, chances are you haven't tapped the full potential of Slideshare - and if not - it's time to learn from a pro. Todd Wheatland delivers!
Thanks for a great read and the inspiration to get it done on Slideshare!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Give Your Speech, Change the World: How To Move Your Audience to Action
Give Your Speech, Change the World: How To Move Your Audience to Action
by Nick Morgan
Price: $16.07
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Anyone Who Leads Teams or Writes Books, August 13, 2012
Length:: 1:48 Mins

I was introduced to Nick Morgan's book by a fellow author who thought it might help structure my speeches in a more formulaic and powerful way. (I give over 50 speeches a year and was dubious this book could help.) Boy, was I impressed. This is a great overnight education read! I literally read it in one night start to finish. With great examples from people like MLK, Kennedy, Lincoln, Reagan I was inspired to change the way I build my speeches.

As an author myself, I also found tremendous value in reading this book. If you write business books, I think the first half of this book could help you! It's a fantastic read.

Bold Brand: The New Rules for Differentiating, Branding, and Marketing Your Professional Services Firm
by Josh Miles
Price: $22.49
30 used & new from $18.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Weekend Warrior Read - Read it in two days - Change Your Firm, July 30, 2012
Length:: 2:12 Mins

Bold Brand is a weekend warrior read! Start reading it on Friday night, be ready to re-vamp your professional services brand by Monday morning... seriously. This is exactly what I did. By Monday morning I'd completely embraced Mr. Miles' framework for getting to your "Bold Brand Essence" and I'd begun leveraging his strategic thinking to hone in on my "wedge strategy." This book is full of practical and tactical advice designed to help my kind of business. I'm not Apple, or IBM. I'm not Pepsi or Coca Cola... I sell services and this book spoke to me.

I wish I'd had access to Bold Brand thinking, ten years ago when I started my firm. My value proposition to clients and the way I differentiate my company and the services we offer might have been completely different. I'm ready to leverage what I've learned to make an impact in my business. Thanks Josh Miles for scaling your insight for people like me. If you run (or want to run) anything from a contracting business to an architecture firm or an accounting agency to a talent agency - this book is for you!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Your Customer Creation Equation: Unexpected Website Formulas of The Conversion ScientistTM

5.0 out of 5 stars One Flight Insight That Changed the Way I View My Web Presence, July 24, 2012
Length:: 2:27 Mins

Brian Massey is the Mr. Wizard of the digital marketing world. He's, what he calls a Conversion Scientist.

In this book he lays out the simple steps, tools and processes you can embrace to increase the quality of your leads or the sales on your website. Your Customer Creation Equation enables you to convince your clients - or co-workers - that the changes you're making in the web world can make a big impact on your bottom line - and he does it all with science.

I can see the book being invaluable for everyone from a consultant (like me) to your marcomm team members or even an e-commerce director who's looking for the no-nonsense approach to enhancing your entire web presence. If you're feeling overwhelmed - he'll show you where to start and take you through some great case studies while he points you to easy-to-use tools and web resources that will change the way you measure your success online.

I thoroughly enjoyed the action-oriented approach Mr. Massey has created and I'm eager to implement his ideas to transform the quality of my leads. Thanks Brian!

Kensington 33374 Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer
Kensington 33374 Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer
Price: $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Wonderfully with Macs and Prezi, December 28, 2011
I present publicly more than 50 times a year and last year I bought this wonderful wireless pointer and presentation 'clicker' to use exclusively with Prezi. It worked wonderfully with no set-up or issues on my Mac and works great with Prezi! Highly recommended!

by David Meerman Scott
119 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Guide with Relevant & Compelling Case Studies, August 22, 2011
Length:: 3:20 Mins

I've read the other two versions of Real Time Marketing & PR and it's a book I constantly reference and refer to executives looking to find a practical way to understand the benefits of participating effectively in a new media world. I've also found that social media and new media practitioners can find value in reading the book as a guide to building a thorough understanding of effective online marketing and PR that goes well beyond Facebook and Twitter.

This Third Edition, which has completely updated case studies and examples also includes a much needed Marketing and PR Strategy Plan template designed to help people get started in a step-by-step approach to social media. There's a great new chapter on measuring your success in the new media space and highlights some practical ways to start measuring your ROI. I particularly enjoyed a section entitled "The Power of Free." - Read it, it's worth the price of the book.

Finally, David Meerman Scott's new edition includes a whole new section on Mobile Marketing that covers everything from GeoLocation to Mobile Apps and Mobile Newsrooms. You'll really like his fun new concept of Cyber Graffiti.

In short, a book that's sold over 250,000 copies and set many of the Fortune 1000 company's social strategies in motion can't be ignored. You'll really enjoy the Third Edition - even if you've read the first two.

If you know what you're doing in the social space... buy a copy for your executive team. They'll immediately embrace your activities and start championing your efforts in the new media world.

In short, you can't publish a book called The New Rules of Marketing and PR in an internet age unless it's updated to still be 'New.' David's done exactly that and it's worth the read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2012 6:20 PM PST