Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Profile for Andrew Davis > Reviews

Browse

Andrew Davis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew Davis "TPL Drew" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2
The Content Formula: Calculate the ROI of Content Marketing & Never Waste Money Again
by Michael Brenner
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegantly simple. Intelligently executed., December 1, 2015
Finally, a smart resource designed to show you HOW to measure the return on investment for the content you create. Michael Brenner's taken one of the most frequently asked questions in today's marketing environment and answered it: how do I know if the content I create is actually driving revenue? Whether you sell complicated, B2B, industrial software or consumer-targeted blenders, Michael's formula is easy to apply, simple to follow, and intelligently executed. It's time to pick up your copy of The Content Formula!

Note: I know the author and think he's one of the smartest marketers on the planet.

The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
by David Meerman Scott
Price: $13.17
61 used & new from $12.61

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most insightful modern marketing books ever written!, October 14, 2015
It's been something like six years since I bought my first copy of The New Rules of Marketing and PR and I knew it was time for an update. There are very few books that stand as a reference on my bookshelf (yeah, a hard copy), and this is one of them!

The fifth edition of The New Rules of Marketing and PR is a gem. David covers all the things I expected to be updated including new social platforms like Periscope. There are new case studies designed to help everyone from executives to interns get a clear and compelling understanding of the digital universe and how they can put it to work for their organization. Marketing and PR professionals will find this new version as refreshingly insightful and useful as the last. The book's delicate balance between strategic insight, tactical execution, and masterful storytelling keep it hype-free and simple - which anyone can appreciate.

In short, there aren't many books I recommend you own a physical copy of (as opposed to an electronic edition) but this is one of them. You'll find yourself referencing it for the next year (or at least until David Meerman Scott releases the 6th edition.)

Thanks, David, for updating one of the most useful books for the modern era of marketing!

Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing
Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars The Start of Something Big, May 14, 2015
Length:: 4:44 Mins

I finished reading Carla Johnson and Robert Rose's Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing and immediately started to consider what it meant to the future of all marketing. While much of this book focuses on leveraging the transition from the Relationship Era to the Experiences Era by leveraging content I think this book signals a much bigger moment in the world of marketing. Carla and Robert have done a great job of breaking down the process of content creation management to fit this new era. If you're a CMO, a brand strategist, and agency executive of a college student studying marketing this book is for you. Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing is the start of something big. It's one of those books that you know is ahead of its time. By the way, I do know Robert Rose and Carla Johnson and they've graciously included me in their acknowledgements.

The Little Spot in Grand Central Station: a New York story
The Little Spot in Grand Central Station: a New York story
by Laura Nestor
Price: $14.99
17 used & new from $10.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story With a Real World Tie-In, March 6, 2014
I've been to Grand Central and I've seen the Little Spot. I really enjoyed reading the story and for anyone visiting New York with your kids, this is a great book to bring and read before seeing the Little Spot in the actual location and in real life. The author has brought to life a charming story about the stars, the history, and the little dirty spot in the corner of an amazing structure. Enjoy it as much as I did.

I've actually purchased copies and given them as gifts for others headed to New York for vacation!

Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less
by Joe Pulizzi
Price: $19.44
83 used & new from $12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reference & Resource Wrapped in a Great Story, October 3, 2013
Length:: 2:46 Mins

I think Epic Content Marketing is a tremendous marketing reference guide and resource wrapped up in a great story. It's the kind of book you read once and reference 100 times. Epic Content Marketing is for the content marketing cynic and skeptic as well as the marketer looking to embrace and use Content Marketing for their business.

Joe Pulizzi walks you through how he built one of America's fastest growing companies while spending under $50K in traditional advertising.

I met Joe in 2008 - only 6 months after he'd launched the Content Marketing Institute. At the time, Joe had these lofty goals, an unbridled enthusiasm, and EPIC ambition. Today, that's all still true, and it shows. As Joe walks us through his content marketing philosophy he introduces us to hundreds of other EPIC examples. Examples from SAP, Coke, Red Bull, Converse, Openview Partners, River Pools and Spas... (the list is long!)

Sure, this book is full of examples, but it's also full of insight.
Joe helps you understand how content marketing works. How content marketing is used and what results to expect. Joe shows you how to promote the content you create and how to measure the impact.

Epic Content Marketing is full of the mechanical advice you need to apply what you learn and it's littered with the right amount of inspiration and aspiration.

Epic Content Marketing is a resource. It's a reference book. It's a great story. And, it's Epic-ly enjoyable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 7:09 PM PST

The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Marketing & PR Fundamentals Updated For Today, August 9, 2013
Length:: 2:22 Mins

Over the past four years, I've found myself referencing The New Rules of Marketing & PR more often than I ever imagined. It's one of the few print books I keep in my office and on the shelf. I also often recommend the book to executives looking to get a clear and compelling understanding of the digital universe and how they can put it to work for their organization. Marketing and PR professionals will find the book refreshingly insightful. The book's focus on strategies and tactics that work keep it hype-free and simple - which I like.

The Fourth Edition has completely new and updated case studies, and a wonderfully compelling new section on Newsjacking (which I'm eager to embrace after reading the book.) There are interesting new insights into app development (including a chapter on Uber.) I particularly enjoyed David's Instagram section and the new (and compelling) ideas to leverage Google Plus and Google Hangouts for my business.

In short, there aren't many books I recommend you own a paperback copy of (as opposed to an electronic edition) but this is one of them. You'll find yourself referencing it for the next two years (or at least until David Meerman Scott releases the 5th edition.)

Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Precision Stylus for iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle, Samsung, and Windows Tablets - Gun Metal [Previous Generation]
Offered by Adonit USA
Price: $14.99
21 used & new from $8.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Made, Initially Great, Wore Out WAY TOO FAST, March 11, 2013
I received my Jot Pro only a few weeks ago and I loved it. That's until the small piece of conductive 'paper' on the tip started to wear away. Now I can't use it. Literally, it's useless. Now I have a fancy stick that can't be used for anything. This stylus would be great if it didn't denigrate so rapidly. Guess it's back to my cheap foam-tipped stylus that's been with me for a year.

The Marketer's Guide to SlideShare: How to Build Your Brand, Generate Leads & Create Opportunities
by Todd Wheatland
Price: $24.95
38 used & new from $2.08

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Books in 1: Strategic Guide & Tactical Manual, January 22, 2013
Length:: 2:22 Mins

The Marketers Guide to Slideshare is 2 books in 1:

It's a strategic guide designed to help CMO's and marketing leaders understand and harness the power of Slideshare. It's also a tactical and practical tutorial on the best ways to do everything from setting up your account to designing the background image and even Zipcasting. (Don't know what it is? Todd tells you all about it.)

Full of wonderfully illustrative examples - like a Chevy dealer who sold trucks using Slideshare or IBM who's heavily branded channel is a site to see - Todd helps anyone dive into mastering one channel to help generate leads and deliver results (he has a great section about what to measure.)

Todd's book will open your eyes to the possibilities on Slideshare. If you're nervous about wading into social media - this book (and Slideshare) is a great first step.

If you're a social media guru, chances are you haven't tapped the full potential of Slideshare - and if not - it's time to learn from a pro. Todd Wheatland delivers!
Thanks for a great read and the inspiration to get it done on Slideshare!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Give Your Speech, Change the World: How To Move Your Audience to Action
Give Your Speech, Change the World: How To Move Your Audience to Action
by Nick Morgan
Price: $14.94
73 used & new from $4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Anyone Who Leads Teams or Writes Books, August 13, 2012
Length:: 1:48 Mins

I was introduced to Nick Morgan's book by a fellow author who thought it might help structure my speeches in a more formulaic and powerful way. (I give over 50 speeches a year and was dubious this book could help.) Boy, was I impressed. This is a great overnight education read! I literally read it in one night start to finish. With great examples from people like MLK, Kennedy, Lincoln, Reagan I was inspired to change the way I build my speeches.

As an author myself, I also found tremendous value in reading this book. If you write business books, I think the first half of this book could help you! It's a fantastic read.

Bold Brand: The New Rules for Differentiating, Branding, and Marketing Your Professional Services Firm
by Josh Miles
Price: $24.99
44 used & new from $14.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Weekend Warrior Read - Read it in two days - Change Your Firm, July 30, 2012
Length:: 2:12 Mins

Bold Brand is a weekend warrior read! Start reading it on Friday night, be ready to re-vamp your professional services brand by Monday morning... seriously. This is exactly what I did. By Monday morning I'd completely embraced Mr. Miles' framework for getting to your "Bold Brand Essence" and I'd begun leveraging his strategic thinking to hone in on my "wedge strategy." This book is full of practical and tactical advice designed to help my kind of business. I'm not Apple, or IBM. I'm not Pepsi or Coca Cola... I sell services and this book spoke to me.

I wish I'd had access to Bold Brand thinking, ten years ago when I started my firm. My value proposition to clients and the way I differentiate my company and the services we offer might have been completely different. I'm ready to leverage what I've learned to make an impact in my business. Thanks Josh Miles for scaling your insight for people like me. If you run (or want to run) anything from a contracting business to an architecture firm or an accounting agency to a talent agency - this book is for you!
Comment Comment | Permalink