Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Charlotte > Reviews

Browse

Charlotte's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charlotte RSS Feed

Red
Red
Offered by Chloe's Outlet
Price: $41.99
27 used & new from $15.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Kind of depressing but I like it that way, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
Let me just say that I am a massive Taylor Swift fan. I've listened to all three albums and although I thought her music was annoying at first, I quickly warmed up to it. I do listen to an array of other kinds of music though, which are mostly rock/folk/indie/alternative.

There are 3 songs on this album that are in the 'annoying-pop' category. Now, I don't really discriminate against 'annoying-pop' anymore (I used to) because there's a time and place to listen to those kinds of songs, be it when you want to just burst out in song in your bedroom, etc. But I believe the placement of those songs play a part to offset the mostly sad, beautiful and tragic (there's a pun here) nature of all the other songs. Also, those three songs were co-written with writers of most of the big pop singles that are on the radio now. The real lyrical nature of Taylor's songs can be found in songs like 'Begin Again'. I won't be the first to say that I am a little disappointed that she produced those 3 songs because she already has a massive fan-base and doesn't need more publicity and popularity all that much. But like she said, this album is adventurous and she probably wanted to explore her options a little more.

The rest of the album is ace though. There's a slight 90s vibe to the whole atmosphere of the album (if albums could have atmospheres), like there's nostalgia in the air (and in the reverb). And I have to say that this album contains a few of the most depressing songs I've ever heard her produce out of the three albums. Along the same feeling as the piano version of Forever & Always. Some really depressing songs include Treacherous (one of my favourites), All Too Well, The Moment I Knew, The Last Time.. and although they hurt like hell when I listened and read the lyrics at the same time, it was a pretty beautiful experience.

I feel Taylor has noticeably moved on from fairytales and princes. Before this album there was a kind of sparkle and magical feel to her songs but as most people say, she's not a teenager anymore. This album is a nod to a darker and an even more mature Taylor, despite what most critics say because they only listen to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and judge her whole image based on ONE song.

I hope you enjoy this album and feel as much as I did.