Profile for J. Lee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Lee RSS Feed (Sarasota, FL USA)

Test-Drive Your Dream Job: A Step-by-Step Guide to Finding and Creating the Work You Love
by Brian Kurth
Price: $20.99
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Vocational Development Handbook, January 7, 2008
As a retired professor of Counseling Psychology I spent many years teaching vocational development to M.S. and Ph.D. students. My own dissertation and the first 12 years of my research was about vocational development. Brian's book is the best how-to book on the market! Not just in changing vocations but the process of choosing a career for beginners. If I were still teaching, his book would be one of my required texts. It is so clear and well laid out with all the essential how-to's it would be must reading. The anecdotal cases make the whole process vivid and real for the reader and searcher. The whole idea is fantastic for those who always wanted to try something different. At age 70 I am not inclined to try a new vocation. But, I did try a vacation experience with Brian's company that was fantastic.

We live in FL and summer in WI. I found a VocationVaction just down the road from our WI residence - Sword Making at Albion Swords! I spent two days learning how to make and making my own 15th century sword! My mentor and I had a lot of common background and I got to learn how they make museum quality medieval swords. Brian's company isn't just for wanting to change vocations but also for those who always wanted to try something.

This book is one of the best how-to books I have seen and there are a lot of them in the popular psychology genre.