Profile for bassgiraffe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 174

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bassgiraffe RSS Feed (Waterloo, ON)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper
Bash and the Chicken Coop Caper
by Burton Cole
Price: $9.35
45 used & new from $5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great "mis"adventure, June 23, 2014
Bash and his cousin Beamer are at it again. This time it's winter and someone or something has been stealing the chicken eggs and leaving strange items behind. Bash and his cousin are on the hunt to find out who it is. In the mean time they get into their usual trouble. Beamer would be happy to just sit inside where it's warm and he can read his comics but Bash has other ideas. They are needing to fulfill their mission to do all the Fruits of the Spirit. Somethings they do are riding a pig to rescue people, dig a fort and protect the land, and host a snow animal contest judged by the animals. As with the last Bash book it's full of mischief and mayhem.

I LOVE these books. They are written for pre-teens but I love them anyway. It's fun to go on their adventures and I laugh so hard at the misadventure to follow. My 8 year old daughter loves reading these books too. I'm not sure if she's old enough to get all the humor but she still loves them and thinks they kids are silly. I also love that Bash brings the Bible ("Farmin' and Fishin' book") into each situation. His heart is in the right place, he just goes about things differently.

I said this in my last review and I still mean it, "I would totally recommend this product to families with kids, boy or girl. I'd even recommend this book to adults too. It makes for a fun light reading, leaving you laughing daily." They are awesome books.

The Ice Orphan of Ganymede (The Jupiter Chronicles Book 2)
The Ice Orphan of Ganymede (The Jupiter Chronicles Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild adventure, May 23, 2014
Before you read book #2 of the Jupiter Chronicles I would highly suggest you read the first book. There are a lot of things you might not understand if you don’t read them in order. I enjoyed the first book so much that I couldn’t wait to read the second.

Ian and Callie are two kids (brother & sister) that just found out their father is from Jupiter and the reasons behind him missing for some much of their lives. In the first book they take a trip to Jupiter and find out some many strange things bout their father and his life. In the second book we start out with Ian extremely sick. No doctor on Earth can make him better and they say he will die soon. Callie decides to go back to Jupiter with Ian to see if they can find a way to heal him. “When Ian and Callie return to Jupiter to find a cure, they discover that the secret may be found in the Book of Ganymede. But now, the book is missing.” They must find this book before it’s too late. While in Space they have to play a game to win what they need to heal Ian. While playing this game they meet someone very interesting. Little do they know but their world is going to change again.

I love these books. They are a short read and geared towards ages 7-10. Everything is run on steam and everything seems old. It gives the steampunk feel. The book takes you on a wild and crazy adventure. I felt like I was another sibling traveling with them and facing the same challenges.
Each chapter has a title letting me know where the story is going. In between every few chapters their are little facts about Jupiter and the nation that lives there. This little section make the story come even more alive and even more real to me as the reader.

I can’t wait for another book to come out. I want to go on another adventure with Ian and Callie and their friends. I’d even love to see these stories become a short movie or TV series.

Samantha Sanderson On the Scene (FaithGirlz! / Samantha Sanderson)
Samantha Sanderson On the Scene (FaithGirlz! / Samantha Sanderson)
by Robin Caroll
Price: $8.09
54 used & new from $4.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and adventure awaits, May 19, 2014
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the booklookbloggersbook review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

I read book #1 in this series for fun, then I read this book for a review. If you want to go more in-depth with the characters I would recommend reading the first book before reading this book. However you can read them out of order and still enjoy them.

Samantha (Sam) Sanderson is in the 7th grade, she on the school newspaper and the cheer-leading squad. Her hopes is to one day be a famous reported like her mother. Her dad is on the police force, which sometimes gives her the in scoop for a story but also sometimes gets her in trouble with her dad when she gets information without his knowledge or in unethical ways.

In "On the Scene" someone in her school is being bullied. Sam asks to write a feature on anti-bullying for her school's newspaper. She also hopes that while doing research about bullying she is able to find out who is behind the bullying letters to her friend. Of course she gets into a lot of mischief while trying to solve the case but her mom is there to stand behind her.

I'm loving this book series from faithgirlz! They are perfect stories for pre-teens and a bit older. Sam and her best friend are always seeking God's will in each circumstance and asking for guidance from their Sunday school teacher. These stories take you on an adventure and you really feel like you become part of the book.

I look forward to more stories about Samantha (Sam) Sanderson. I'm sure they will be just as adventurous as these first two have been.

Curious Creatures: 4 Books in 1 (Made By God)
Curious Creatures: 4 Books in 1 (Made By God)
by Zondervan
Price: $8.99
47 used & new from $6.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational and great photos, May 19, 2014
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the booklookbloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Our Thoughts-
My family is fascinated by animals and learning everything we can about the animals God created. Zondervan has published “Curious Creatures” with the thought of family in mind. The book is actually four books made into one hard cover bound book. We learn about animals from the rainforest, jungle, polar, and down under.

I asked my eight year old to read the book and tell me some information.

Beside facts about animals what else do you like about this book?-
I love the really cool photos. There are a lot of them and they are so colorful. I also love seeing the penguins.

Zondervan has many other animal books designed the same way and I hope we can get a few more for our family to enjoy. It’s a perfect and fun way to spend time with your children, as well as educational.

Matcha Green Tea Powder - ORGANIC - All Day Energy - Green Tea Lattes - Smoothies - Matcha Baking - Superior Antioxidant Content - Improved Hair & Skin Health- Exclusive to Amazon
Offered by Kiss Me Organics
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars In my daily schedule, May 7, 2014
I was very excited to try out Organic Matcha- Green Tea Powder by Kiss Me Organics. I’ve heard so many benefits for using Matcha green tea powder but I never knew where to buy it or how to prepare it. The Matcha from Kiss Me Organics came in a resealable bag and a 70 page Organic Matcha Recipe Guide.

Matcha Green Tea powder helps boost my energy, boosts metabolism, and is high in antioxidants. I tried several recipes from the book. I didn’t notice a boost in energy, I’m always lacking energy but when I would prepare a drink or food made with Matcha I found I had more energy for the day, even enough to fit in my daily activities AND a 1.5 workout! That’s a big deal for me, working out has become so hard because I would be burned out by the end of the day. I didn’t notice any weight loss with the boost metabolism, but had only been trying this for 2 weeks before I wrote this review. I can say my appetite was suppressed and my cravings weren’t so strong. That’s a huge positive. I find when I’m tired, I feel “hungry” and then I tend to over eat. The Matcha seemed to help with this issue.

I’m very impressed with the Organic Matcha- Green Tea Powder by Kiss Me Organics. It tastes great, it comes with simple recipes and it has given me the energy I need for my day. I also love that it only takes 1 teaspoon of the powder to create the recipes, my bag will last for a long time this way.

————————————
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Riley Mae and the Ready Eddy Rapids (Faithgirlz! / The Good News Shoes)
Riley Mae and the Ready Eddy Rapids (Faithgirlz! / The Good News Shoes)
by Jill Osborne
Price: $7.19
77 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Has taken me on an adventure, April 7, 2014
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the booklookbloggers.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Riley Mae isn't on vacation, while on the run and hiding out they decide to do a photo shoot for her new river shoes, Ready Eddy's. She must learn how to navigate rapids and still look pretty for the photos. There are many injuries though out the story and they visit the hospital often. Just when they think they are out of danger they find there is more to worry about.

It's another high adventure book. I'm loving this series and I can't wait for the next book. Riley Mae is going on another adventure, but where? One thing I love about this book is it shows your kids facing tough times and turning to God for guidance and help. They read scripture together and lift one another up with God's Word. This is a book I can allow my kids to read and feel safe at where they are going with the adventure in their head.

I loved "Mandie" books as a kid. I loved how I could go on adventures and become part of the story. I can see these "Riley Mae" books be just like the books from my childhood, for my daughters. I look forward to many more books to come in this series and I hope the author will keep writing them.

Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek (Faithgirlz! / The Good News Shoes)
Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek (Faithgirlz! / The Good News Shoes)
by Jill Osborne
Price: $7.19
70 used & new from $2.31

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun Christian pre-teen adventure book, March 31, 2014

My 8 year old daughter eats up books, it's unbelievable. We are constantly on the look for more books for her to read and are really looking for really good Christian books written for her age group and a bit older. I'm excited to have found a new book series by faithGirlz! called "The Good News Shoes" series. The first book is called, "Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek".

Where this book end the next book, "Riley Mae and the Ready Eddy Rapids" begins.

I loved reading this book. It's perfect for my daughter and I think it will be a series she'll enjoy all through her pre-teen years. I look forward to adding to her collection with these books. I'm currently reading the second book and I can't wait to share with you about it. I love that these books talk about staying grounded with God. Trusting in Him and reading His Word. Riley Mae also has the opportunity to share about Jesus with one of her classmates. I love how she presents His story. It will make it easier for my child to talk to others.

All Things Hidden
All Things Hidden
by Tracie Peterson
Price: $11.84
97 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Started off a bit slow but then took me in., March 30, 2014
This review is from: All Things Hidden (Paperback)
This book started out slow for me. I had a hard time really getting into the story and getting to know the characters. But I stuck with the book and I'm glad I did. I got taken into a world from way back. I was part of this group, I felt as if I could feel the pain and loss everyone was experiencing. They book is really well written and the descriptions really help you see what is going on.

I also loved how Gwyn and Dr Jeremiah were having spiritual battles. It made them real. It helped show that no one is perfect and even if you think you're on track with God that doesn't mean life will be perfect either. I loved that the authors included scripture and also showed how it applied for the day.

If you enjoy historical, Christian romance books I think you will enjoy this book too.

Sabi 3-Compartment Weekly Travel Pill Case with 8 Clip-On Day Boxes
Sabi 3-Compartment Weekly Travel Pill Case with 8 Clip-On Day Boxes
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my mom (concerns about top staying on), March 17, 2014
Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

DAYBOX pill box by Sabi is a pill box my mom would benefit from greatly. She had an accident two years ago and is on a lot of medicine to help with pain and other issues from that. She takes close to 14 pills a day.

I love this idea for a pill box. It helps keep things organized and allows me to travel for the day and take my pills with me. I am having some issues with the boxes staying together when they are set up as a week. If I lift the box off the table some of them twist apart. But when it’s on my counter it works just fine. I haven’t tried traveling with just one box, so I don’t know how well the lids stay on. They stay on perfectly when together for the week, but I’m concerned they may pop off. I think I’ll put the box in a ziplock for safe measure.

I love the room each pill slot has. It fits my Omega 3 pills with no issues, With other cases I’ve found my pills were too long, with the Sabi box I have plenty of room for them. I also love the symbols on the top of the box, they help me remember when I need to take my pills and helps me when filling the pill box.

I would recommend Sabi’s DAYBOX to anyone with larger pill needs, whether you take a lot of pills or find your pills are too large for regular pill boxes, this pill box will work for you. I love mine so much I’m giving one to my mom.

Wink Post-pregnancy Belly Compression Postpartum Girdle (Pull on style)
Wink Post-pregnancy Belly Compression Postpartum Girdle (Pull on style)
Offered by Wink Shapewear
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits comfortably, March 12, 2014
* Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a free sample to facilitate my review. This post reflects my honest, personal opinion and experience with the product which may differ from yours. Product information courtesy of the sponsor. No monetary compensation was provided for this post.

My Thoughts-
I can’t believe I just posted the above photo. I’m embarrassed by my weight gain, I know most of it was from having a baby via c-section but I feel like I’m not loosing it fast enough. I refuse to buy bigger size jeans but my jeans don’t fit me. I was extremely happy to have the chance to work with Wink Shapewear. They sent me a pair of Ultimate Postpartum Original Bikini slimming underwear.

I’ve had three children all born via c-section. I’m finding my body bouncing back postpartum gets slower after each child. With the Wink Shapewear, it allows me to still wear my pre-pregnacy jeans even if I’m not back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

My Wink Shapewear is a compression garment it looks seamless under clothing. It helped with my baby pooch and love handles. My jeans without the Shapewear were hard to pull up and squeezed my fat rolls out. With the shapewear I could easily pull my jeans on and it holds the rolls in, making my tummy look better under a shirt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18