Profile for bassgiraffe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 194

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bassgiraffe RSS Feed (Waterloo, ON)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Duck Commander Devotions for Kids
Duck Commander Devotions for Kids
by Korie Robertson
Price: $14.16
63 used & new from $9.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for kids, for the whole family, March 2, 2015
I think "Duck Commander Devotions for Kids" is not only for kids but perfect for families. Our family will be reading each lesson at dinner time. The discussion on each devo will help us grow to be better people and grow as a family in God. Each lesson is easy to read and follow along with. The challenges are practical and attainable for children to do, yet great for us adults to follow along to as well.

I would recommend this book to every Christian home. It's perfect for family devotion time. My kids like it and I'm sure yours will too.

The Sweetest Story Bible for Toddlers
The Sweetest Story Bible for Toddlers
by Diane M. Stortz
Edition: Board book
Price: $8.85
81 used & new from $5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for devotions with your little ones, February 9, 2015
My 5 year old has been sad that she can't read. She wants to be able to read a Bible like her big sister does. We were excited to have the chance to review "The Sweetest Story Bible for Toddlers" By Diane Stortz, illustrated by Sheila Bailey.

The cover is cute and she loves holding on to it. The Bible stories are short and I'm able to help her read through it. She doesn't get all the words but because the stories are condensed down she is able to try to read some of it on her own and doesn't mind when I help.

There are 1-3 sentences per page. Starting from the creation story and ending with Jesus' resurrection. Each page has a beautiful illustration that helps me daughter figure out what the story is saying.

This book is perfect for families with young girls who want to start learning the stories of the Bible. They are short and sweet. Perfect for bedtime devotions together. The illustrations make it nice to allow your child to "read" the story on their own when you're done with devos with them.

In the Heart of the Dark Wood
In the Heart of the Dark Wood
by Billy Coffey
Price: $11.95
89 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Reached into my heart & mind, February 7, 2015
I was given a free book for my honest review-

I feel like I was meant to pick this book up at this time in my life. I'm in a deep depression and there have been many tough days and nights in my life recently. Some days I don't think I'll make it through the next. Some days I question what God is doing. Other days I think I finally see a clearing in my path only to walk back into darkness. "In the Heart of the Dark Wood" captured my life in a metaphor. I'm like Allie and Alex searching for something they don't think they will ever find. They suffer many physical pains and heart ache. Just when they think their journey is ending more woods come in view or something even scarier comes their way, pushing them towards the path they don't want to take but need to to find what they are looking for. It's true in my life. I know that these dark times will pass, but I have a journey I need to take to get through them.

I would say this book is good for anyone 14 or older. There are a lot of tough circumstances these kids go through but in the end they find Hope. This would be a good book to read with your kids, talk about depression and where God is in it all.

23 Blast
23 Blast
DVD ~ Mark Hapka
Price: $12.96
22 used & new from $10.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, February 5, 2015
This review is from: 23 Blast (DVD)
I was given a free copy for my honest opinion.

I loved this movie. I seem to be a sucker for good, clean, faith filled Football movies. This is another one I’m excited to have in my collection. I also suggest you watch the special features. You’ll find the movie even more impactful. This one would be fun to watch with a youth group and then have a discussion about how to overcome out obstacles and turn to God in those hard times. It’s inspiring, uplifting and heartwarming.

OZ Naturals - THE BEST Vitamin C Serum For Your Face - Organic Vitamin C + Amino + Hyaluronic Acid Serum- Clinical Strength 20% Vitamin C with Vegan Hyaluronic Acid Leaves Your Skin Radiant & More Youthful By Neutralizing Free Radicals. This Anti Aging Serum Will Finally Give You The Results You've Been Looking For!
Offered by OZ Naturals
Price: $22.49
13 used & new from $22.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Softer skin, January 18, 2015
I was given two Oz Naturals products to review, THE BEST Vitamin C Serum For Your Face and THE BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Skin. Both are do not contain alcohol, parabens or sulfates.

I started using both serums on December 14. Before using these serums my face was dry and flaky. My skin had a dull look to it. After using the products for two weeks my skin started to flake more around the nose and break out more on my chin and forehead. I messaged the company asking if this was normal and they were kind enough to explain the reaction and that it was the normal process of my skin detoxing from the chemicals I used on my skin before and that after 30 days things should clear up. I did notice my skin clear up and look brighter, the skin around my nose is still flaking though and I was hoping that would stop.

The products are easy to use, just use a small drop on your fingers and gently smooth into the face. The Hyaluronic acid serum is clear and is a thicker serum. The Vitamin C serum is clear and is more runnier. Neither really have any scent to them, at least not any that I noticed.

I would recommend you trying this product out. Everyone's skin is different so it might or might not work for you. You never know until you try.

OZ Naturals - THE BEST Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Skin - Clinical Strength Anti Aging Serum - Best Anti Wrinkle Serum With Vitamin C + Vitamin E - Our Customers Call It A Facelift In A Bottle. This Vegan Hyaluronic Acid Serum Will Plump & Hydrate Dull Skin As It's Designed To Fill Those Fine Lines & Wrinkles. Satisfaction 100% GUARANTEED
Offered by OZ Naturals
Price: $16.45
16 used & new from $16.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Brighter skin, January 18, 2015

The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights)
The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights)
by Mike Berenstain
Price: $3.99
73 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Pride brings strife, December 29, 2014
Our family LOVES Berenstain Bears. They love movies, books and even cards they can get of the Berenstain Bears. I love that they always teach an important life lesson.

In "The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag", Brother and Sister bear try to "one up" each other in everything they do. If one got an "A" on a paper the other would brag that they got an "A+". Mother bear tries to tell them it's not pleasing to God to boast and brag. One day they are looking up at the clouds and one sees a lamb, the other sees a horse. Well, the horse was better so the other tried to find something better then that. A big argument starts and then Grizzly Gramps shows up and basically points out that they are both acting like fools. That fighting over clouds seems very foolish.

At the back of the book is a family study guide to talk about pride and boosting.

As will all Berenstain Bears, this is another good one for all families to read and talk about together. We learned how to support each other in our strengths and to not brag and putting someone down.

Hit
Hit
by Lorie Ann Grover
Price: $13.59
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Short read with a great lesson on forgiveness, December 11, 2014
This review is from: Hit (Hardcover)
"Hit" is a nice quick read for a cold winter day or a rainy day. Sarah is finishing her last year of High School. She has had a crush on her poetry teacher, Mr Haddings. He knows there is a crush and has tried several times to ward it off, even reciting a poem about it. One day on the way to school, Sarah is hit by a car, the person who hit her happen to be Mr Haddings. He feel sick, she has to have brain surgery and he doesn't know what to do to make it right with her and her family. Her family is bitter towards the man who hit their daughter but her dad is reminded that forgiveness needs to be done. If not for the person who hit her but for their own hearts and minds. Meanwhile Mr Haddings realizes he does have feelings for Sarah but doesn't want to admit it. The book ends abruptly. I never find out how their lives end, or continue on.

I loved this book. It was a quick read. Each chapter is written from either Sarah's point of view or Mr Haddings. It was written so it was easy to follow along with the story line. The author even grabbed my attention with the characters. It may have been a short book, it may have ended abruptly, but it was still a good book.

I would recommend this to readers who enjoy a quick read with a bit of romance and family bonding, as well as family conflict. This is also a lesson on forgiveness and how to overcome deep hurt. I sure hope Lorie Ann Grover will write more short stories like this. It filled in some nights that I couldn't sleep and it moved quickly.

The Beauty of Believing: 365 Devotions that Will Change Your Life (Faithgirlz!)
The Beauty of Believing: 365 Devotions that Will Change Your Life (Faithgirlz!)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A devotional for all girls, December 5, 2014
My oldest will be turning 9 soon and I wanted to find her a good devotional book that she could read daily and get to know the Word of God better. I was excited to have the opportunity to review "The Beauty of Believing". This book is meant for ages 10 and up, but I know my daughter will benefit from reading this.

This devotional is made up of 365 short life lessons, one for each day. Each day focuses on the things pre-teens and teens face every day. An example of a few of the daily lessons are things like self image, friendships, dating and school. Each day is just one page in the book, with a quote from one of the authors, a Bible verse and a story on how it applies to life.

I haven't sat down with my daughters with this book yet, I plan on giving to them both for Christmas. This is something I want to read together with them and grow with God with them. I'm hoping this will set a good example and habit of focusing on God daily and trusting in Him. The above photo is the book and a note I'm putting in the book.

I would recommend this devotional to any one who know a girl around the ages of 10 and older. It's uplifting and will help find a godly way to deal with the things they will encounter in life.

Shatter Point
Shatter Point
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Will keep in you Suspense, November 1, 2014
This review is from: Shatter Point (Kindle Edition)
This book is intertwined with what I think of as three different stories that all meld together several times throughout the story. We have the doctor who is trying to make a breakthrough in medicine, finding a way to heal the brain after a traumatic event. He is then challenged to save the life of a patient, who happens to be the son of a women, who is being harassed by a rich man, who is secretly invested into the project the doctor is working on.

Are you confused yet? I was at first. This isn’t the typical style or writing I’m use to but once I was able to remember names and remember who was talking when, I was then able to really and fully enjoy this book. The great thing about this book is it moves fast, there is no time to get bored or confused. The author writes in such a way that I couldn’t stop reading. There were nights I would tell myself I’d only read for an hour and the next thing I know it was 4 hours later and 2 AM.

If you enjoy a great suspense novel, I would HIGHLY recommend this book. It will get your heart pumping and have you hoping the craziness will turn out for the good of everyone involved. You won’t want to put this story down till the very end.

Just a small warning, there is death and sexual innuendos in this story, if you’re sensitive to reading these kind of book please don’t pick this one to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20