Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for bassgiraffe > Reviews

Browse

bassgiraffe's Profile

Customer Reviews: 217

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bassgiraffe RSS Feed (Waterloo, ON)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Newsmakers (A Newsmakers Novel)
The Newsmakers (A Newsmakers Novel)
by Lis Wiehl
Price: $20.36
91 used & new from $6.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Moved too slow for me, April 26, 2016
I feel sad writing this review. I love Lis Wiehl books and writing. However this book bored me. I was only able to get to chapter 14 before I just gave up reading it. I was to the point I was dreading reading time.

The book is about a reporter named Erica Sparks. She is invited to become a reporter for a big name TV station. On her first assignment something unexpected happened and she was able to report a major tragedy in town. This made her a huge hit right off the bat. With this new fame comes some jealousy from other reporters. Her career could be hurt if she doesn't stay strong and smart.

The story line moves very slowly. I wasn't drawn in. Maybe if I had given it more time I'd like it, but I just couldn't finish this book. I'm so sorry.
---
I received a free copy for my honest review.

Haven of Dante: The Graphic Novel
Haven of Dante: The Graphic Novel
by Leonardo Ramirez
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense quick read- loved it, April 15, 2016
This book didn't take long to get into. The story dragged me in right away. In fact I want more stories like this one. I love the illustrations and I love how the story is written as a graphic novel.

Samantha Sanderson Without a Trace (Faithgirlz / Samantha Sanderson)
Samantha Sanderson Without a Trace (Faithgirlz / Samantha Sanderson)
by Robin Caroll
Price: $8.24
63 used & new from $4.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fun Samantha Sanderson book, March 22, 2016
This is the fourth book in the Samantha Sanderson series. I've read the first three and fell in love with Samantha and her friends. In book 4 one of Samantha's friends go missing. She uses her reporting skills to help find him. Tam Lee is an honor student, he doesn't break the rules and would never skip school. One day he goes missing, however the police think he ran away. Samantha knows her friends wouldn't run away and tries to prove it. Through her searching she finds that not everything is as it seems and that she might not know her friend as well as she thought she did.

This is another book about trusting God and follow His leading. It's also a good book to teach about internet safety and the troubles that can come from not watching what your kids are doing online.

I loved this book just as much as I loved the others in this series. We see more of Samantha's quirkiness and see her grow more as a journalist. I also love that I didn't know what was going to happen until closer to the end. That made it a fast past read, wanting to know what happens to Tam Lee.

I would recommend this book for ages pre-teen and up. It's an easy chapter book that has great morals and is fun to read.
-----------
received free from booklook. all opinions are mine.

Please Hold: Foreword by Hulu CEO, Mike Hopkins
Please Hold: Foreword by Hulu CEO, Mike Hopkins
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book written my Tricia Stweart Shiu, March 4, 2016
I was excited to read this book as I love how this author writes. I always feel like I'm part of the story. This book did not disappoint my expectations. I read it in one day! If you know me, you know reading for me is hard. Books usually take me 1-2 weeks to read. But with "Please Hold" I was drawn in and didn't want to put it down. I hope there will be more books so we can follow Sarah and Harper's love story. I kind of love their story a lot.

If you love Hollywood, mystery and romance I think you'd love this book. It also address homosexuality and the love through this book.

Again, this is another well written book by Tricia Stewart Shiu. I look forward to more of her books.

The Perfect Candidate: Spy, Interrupted
The Perfect Candidate: Spy, Interrupted
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars another great book in the trilogy, February 1, 2016
I LOVED this book even more than the first one. We get to see a different side of Stephen. We also get to see his and Nina's relationship grow. The book isn't afraid to deal with current topics such as gay right, racism and dirty politics. The Tyler guy really had me so mad though out the book. I kept hoping he'd get hurt or just disappear for a bit. The things this guy did was awful. I also loved that a new romantic relationship happens in this book. It was cute to see the two slowly realize they liked each other. The story ends with a whole lot to happen in book three. I need to know the gender of Nina's baby. I want to know what happens to Tyler. And I can't wait to see how the new relationship grows in the next book.

The author does a great job in bringing a new reader up to speed. If you missed the first book you can still read this book. Although I would recommend you read the first so you can get more depth out of this one.

Falling Like Snowflakes (A Summer Harbor Novel)
Falling Like Snowflakes (A Summer Harbor Novel)
by Denise Hunter
Price: $9.54
92 used & new from $1.11

5.0 out of 5 stars A romantic on trusting, January 25, 2016
This is a romantic holiday story with some intense moments of danger. It does get pretty sappy so if you don't like that kind of book I wouldn't recommend it but I can say I really enjoyed this story. I like that it will be part of a series, I want to know more about this whole family.

A great feel good book. It has many lessons on trust. Trusting God to answer prayers. Trusting each other when we are in need.

Murder Run
Murder Run
by Shelly Frome
Price: $16.95
25 used & new from $12.92

4.0 out of 5 stars A slow read but a compeling storyline, November 29, 2015
This review is from: Murder Run (Paperback)
I received a free copy for my honest thoughts-

Jed Cooper looks like her murdered his former employer, an older lady who use to be a dance instructor but has run away from something that had her scared. She hired Jed to do some grounds work and to install safety measures around her house. Jed gets a strange call in the middle of the night that leads him to the lady's house where he finds her dead and where he is caught by police. The police think Jed killed her. But Jed needs to prove them wrong. We also meet Sal, a crazy man who is part of the mob. Sal thinks the world is out to get him and will do anything to prove it and stop those who are involved. What you think you know isn't all what is.

This book was a bit of a slower read for me. I think mainly because of my reading disability. The story lines seems to jump from one character to another and sometimes I'd miss the transition. However I do want to say I LOVED this story. From the beginning I wanted to know who did it and how it all pulled together. I found that even though I felt it was moving slow it was also moving fast. The story would pick up and I'd figure out more of what was happening and then it would leave me hanging to visit another character.

If you love mystery and crime/murder stories I would recommend this book. You'll want to keep reading to find out who killed the lady. You'll want to figure out who Sal is, who Jed is and why the police seem shady.

Faith of Our Fathers
Faith of Our Fathers
DVD ~ Stephen Baldwin
Price: $7.79
38 used & new from $3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed and cried, November 8, 2015
This review is from: Faith of Our Fathers (DVD)
This was a great movie. It’s heartfelt and had been crying by the end. It gives a small perception of what is was like as a Christian in the War. It also shows how our faith can play a huge role in how we live our lives. I loved all the big name stars being in it. Si Robertson is a riot. The thing I thought of when I saw he was in it was his stories of being in the Vietnam War, his sweet tea and the blue/green cup. I was glad they interviewed him in the special features. It puts the whole war in even more perspective hearing about it from someone who was there. I also enjoyed Stephen Baldwin’s special feature interview and why he feels it’s important as a celebrity to spread the Good News of Christ and doing these types of movies.

There is some gun fighting and blood. I would say to watch it before you allow your child to watch it with you. It’s rated PG-13 for the violence. This would be a great movie to watch with a group of friends for movie night. It spreads a good message and wold be fun to have a discussion after.
-----------------------
I received a free copy for my honest opinion.

Hiding Places
Hiding Places
by Erin Healy
Price: $11.74
61 used & new from $0.44

5.0 out of 5 stars A family with too many secrets., October 7, 2015
This review is from: Hiding Places (Paperback)
I really loved this book. It's adventurous. I wanted to pretend I was Kate. I loved imagining her sneaking around the grounds, in and out of tunnels and then helping this young man. I loved her heart. She cares so much about every one around her even if they ignore her and say mean things to her. She's what I hope we all can become- loving unconditionally.

There are many layers to this story. Many layers to family history. Layers to secrets kept and found out. Layers to the man's history. I finished this book with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face.

I recommend this book to any one ages 16 and up that likes suspense, family type books.
-------
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the booklookbloggers.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

The Unmaking
The Unmaking
Price: $5.89
29 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, September 4, 2015
This review is from: The Unmaking (Audio CD)
I was sent a free copy for my honest opinion.
My two favorite songs on the album are the title song, "The Unmaking" and "Slow Down". "The Unmaking" is about taking all your plans in life and letting them fall down around you, then allowing God to pick up those pieces and create His plan for you. At least that's what I took away from that song. I love this song because it gives me hope for my future, that just because my plans aren't going the way I want doesn't mean things won't work out in life. I'm taking God's journey for me. I had to loose myself to find who God is. "Slow Down" is a song to a child. I'm not going to lie, I was bawling listening to this song. With a chorus of "Slow Down. Won't you stay here a minute more. I know you want to walk through that door. But it's all too fast.", how could I not cry. My kids are growing too fast, it feels like yesterday they were little babies falling asleep in my arms, now they are 9, 6 & 2.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20