Profile for MomofTwinBoys > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MomofTwinBoys RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
100 Write-and-Learn Sight Word Practice Pages: Engaging Reproducible Activity Pages That Help Kids Recognize, Write, and Really LEARN the Top 100 High-Frequency Words That are Key to Reading Success
by Scholastic Teaching Resources
Price: $9.03
67 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Has all the "high frequency words" we ..., February 20, 2015
Great book. Has all the "high frequency words" we are currently learning in kindergarten and uses them in multiple ways including tracing the word, writing it on their own, cutting out letters and assembling, and using it in a sentence. Great reinforcement AND best of all my 5 year olds that are having writing issues didn't mind using these worksheets at all.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pop Up Hamper
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pop Up Hamper
Offered by PaPa's Bubble
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother..., February 20, 2015
Small and poor quality. 1st time I lifted it by the straps both straps broke of immediately.

Naturepedic Waterproof Fitted Crib Pad, 28x52
Naturepedic Waterproof Fitted Crib Pad, 28x52
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $69.00
32 used & new from $68.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Luckily I can't attest to the waterproof abilities of this ..., November 17, 2014
Luckily I can't attest to the waterproof abilities of this item yet. I will update if I do, but fingers crossed we are finally out of the bedwetting stage. However I felt this was very well made and after washing was very soft. It is very thick. Fits standard crib mattress perfectly. No odors at all.

Wydan (TM) Credit Card Wallet Style Case Cover For LG G3 - Colorful Flower w/ Wydan Stylus Pen
Offered by wydan
Price: $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, November 17, 2014
Returning. Didn't receive color as shown and quality was subpar. Color was a light pink instead of fuscia.

IZENGATE LG G3 Wallet Case - Executive Premium PU Leather Flip Cover Folio with Stand (Deep Rose Pink)
Offered by JYZ Wireless
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Color is nice and doesn't look cheap, November 17, 2014
Decent quality especially for cost. Color is nice and doesn't look cheap. It doesn't work well for me though because you really can't have more than 3 cards or it bulges and doesn't close.

Fit LG G3 , One Tough Shield ® Hybrid 3-Layer Phone Case (Black/Black) for LG G3 - (Victorian Pink/Black)
Offered by DaDaSuperStore
Price: $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 17, 2014
Perfect for my needs. Rugged with out the name brand expense. Ordering another in a different pattern.

Woolzies, Wool Dryer Ball, set of 6 ,Natural Fabric Softener
Woolzies, Wool Dryer Ball, set of 6 ,Natural Fabric Softener
Offered by Woolzies
Price: $17.99
9 used & new from $14.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for..., November 17, 2014
I was really hoping that I could toss my dryer sheets but not yet unfortunately. They definitely cut drying time down and for that alone I wouldn't return them. I felt that they reduced static but not significantly. I was still pulling socks off pants etc. and getting shocked left and right. 2 side notes that maybe I missed on the listing: 1st it states on the box you need 6 balls for a load of laundry. Luckily I purchased the 6 count instead of the 3 count. 2nd it states that the wool doesn't come off the ball and therefore won't bother people with wool allergies. I would have to say I disagree with that. I personally don't have a wool allergy so i can't attest to that however the wool stands on end due to the static in the dryer and were very easy to pull off the ball and so I would assume at least some could come off the ball.

It says on the box you could throw a ball of aluminum foil in to further reduce static. My concern with this is wouldn't you assume some type of chemical could come off the foil?

LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, green
LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, green
Offered by Treasure-Finds
Price: $74.95
36 used & new from $25.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not thrilled with it, but not unhappy., November 18, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
We got these for our twin boys, 2 1/2, because they are constantly stealing our cell phones to play with their preschool apps. My husband and I wanted to test them out before giving them as Xmas presents this December. They are near impossible to get out of the packaging without making it look like its already been opened. However I suggest you do open it prior to Xmas as hardly anything is loaded on the Leap Pad to start up with and it does take some time to load. I didn't have any problem loading the Leap Connect software on Win7 and the total install took less than 20 minutes but try to get two kids to wait for that on Xmas morning.

I'm not excited about the speed of it. There is a couple second lag between screens and even when you are taking any actions. I'm concerned it will end up being too slow for my boys that are used to the speed of the games on my cell phone. Also, the graphics really aren't that great. Maybe the boys won't mind but I certainly did. I checked out the InnoTab in a store and the graphics seemed to be better. SEEMED to be.

My biggest concern was the price of the apps. When I first logged on to the LeapFrog website I couldn't find ANY pricing on the apps. It kept just trying to sell me a download code. When I finally connected the device it gave me the prices and I was SHOCKED that they ran from $10 to $20 a piece. When I did the math I actually wondered if I wouldn't be better off buying one of the cheaper tablets. Most of the Preschool apps that I've put on my cell phone are free.

I was impressed by the E-Books though. The Leap Pad can read it or the child can or the child can press on a word in the book and it will repeat the word or sound it out. It puts a little action to the books. I didn't actually download any as they were $20 however they show a little video of each before you purchase it. It also seemed to learn more towards the E-books than puzzles and matching games that my sons like to play.

The best thing I can say about the device is that you can download the apps to two devices which comes in very handy as with twins we had to buy 2.

Get Ready for Pre-K Revised and Updated
Get Ready for Pre-K Revised and Updated
by Heather Stella
Price: $16.15
67 used & new from $1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great activity binder!, November 17, 2011
I saw this in Barnes & Noble but found it on Amazon cheaper. I have 2.5 yr old twin boys and a lot of these pages they can work on already. They've known their letters by sight and sound for about a year now and anything to do with the letters they can do with ease. There is a lot of tracing that they can just get into now such as tracing straight lines, curvy lines etc. There are some activities that they won't be able to do for maybe a year down the road that utilize critical thinking. It's a great book that I think can be used starting around 2 with pages for older preschool kids.

Wubbzy's Christmas (Nick Jr. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!)
Wubbzy's Christmas (Nick Jr. Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!)
by Kourtney Bailey
51 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a coloring book, November 17, 2011
I wish I had read either the description or the other review. I thought it was a reader book but it's actually a coloring/activity/sticker book. It is a little on the thin size but for $4 I wouldn't expect much more. I have 2.5 year old twin boys and both LOVE stickers AND coloring so as soon as I gave it to them they sat side by side coloring every page. Not what I expected but ended up being a great buy anyways.

Page: 1 | 2