Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Vivian > Reviews

Browse

Vivian's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vivian RSS Feed (Austin, TX, United States)

Rabbit Vertical Corkscrew with Foil Cutter and Extra Spiral (Metallic Red)
Rabbit Vertical Corkscrew with Foil Cutter and Extra Spiral (Metallic Red)
Price: $39.98
137 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's so EASY!!, January 9, 2013
I had a Rabbit-like wine opener before this one, and although it was ok, I would have some difficulty getting some of the tighter corks out of some wind bottles. Then eventually it broke on me, so I had to get it replaced.

That's where this guy came in, and I'm never turning back. To start with, the color is beautiful as well as the design. The packaging is pretty nice as well and the way it works... It's so easy!

I haven't had any trouble with any stuck corks when using this, and it doesn't seem like I will. I guess this Rabbit provides more force than other corkscrews out there. And on top of all that, they make it so simple. Just lift the lever and set it on the bottle, hold the neck and push the lever down. Pull the lever back up and the cork is out. Repeat (not on the bottle) to get the cork off the screw.

If you haven't used on of these before, you'll be happy you did.

Perform Better Elite molded Foam Roller, 3' x 6", Black
Perform Better Elite molded Foam Roller, 3' x 6", Black
Price: $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars That one foam roller you always see., January 9, 2013
If you need a good quality regular foam roller, this is the one you should get. If you're looking for one of those studded rollers, then obviously this one is missing the studs. I tried out several different kinds of rollers, including the studded ones, but ended up coming back to this one.

I'll only write the critiques on this one, but some parts may be influenced by why I found this one to be better than others.

I use this roller for pretty much everything. From my back, to calves, to hamstrings, to IT band, you name it, it rolls it. The big reason I stuck with this one is the size. It's long enough to roll everything without falling off of it, and it's stiff enough to actually feel like it's doing something. Yes it looks like the generic ones you see at all the gyms, but it's popular for a reason.

I have not regretted purchasing this roller, cause it's helped me loosen areas so many times. Even times where I would wake up because my muscles were tight and aching, a few minutes on this relieved it all and I was back asleep in minutes.

Pro-Mart DAZZ Canvas Gusseted Suit Garment Bag with Cedar
Pro-Mart DAZZ Canvas Gusseted Suit Garment Bag with Cedar
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and size., January 9, 2013
You will be able to fit two suits using suit hangers (the ones with the thicker shoulders) in this bag, but not more than that. If you're using regular shirt hangers, you should be able to fit around 4 or 5 shirts. With the 2 suit hangers, one suit will be slightly pushed up against the vinyl part of the bag (or the back canvas, depending on your orientation), so I put my better suits in separate singe bags.

I bought this because a previous reviewer said it should fit 2 suits comfortably, and although I may be a little picky, I'd rather not have a suit pushing up against the vinyl if I can help it. There is currently a wool overcoat and a blazer in this bag so everything worked out well.

The cedar is a nice touch to help keep the garments fresh and moths away. The bottom of the bag is somewhat like a shelf, so you can even throw another block in there if you want, or even shoes if that's something you want to do.

Nite Ize PetLit LED Collar Light White LED - Paw Green
Nite Ize PetLit LED Collar Light White LED - Paw Green
Offered by PetsTek
Price: $7.25
60 used & new from $2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 months and its still going., January 9, 2013
This is a neat little gadget to keep track of your dogs in the dark. I have 2 dogs, one black/brown, and the other is white. Our backyard is shared with our neighbors and it also has a fenced area for dogs, so when I take them out at night it helps a lot to have these lights on them. The white one is easy enough to see with the limited lighting outside, but if it wasn't for this light, my other dog might as well be a ninja.

It clips on easily to their colors and leaves enough room for me to still attach a leash. Some other ones I have seen take up a lot of room so it's difficult to add the leash onto it, but these are fine. The light is sturdy enough that it doesn't fall off while my dog runs around, and it's small enough that she doesn't realize she has it on. The color is a nice touch so you can differentiate which dog is which.

Shine Itazura Stealing Coin Bank - Panda
Shine Itazura Stealing Coin Bank - Panda
Offered by RelexBeauty
Price: $19.99
164 used & new from $14.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Fun, and cute, January 9, 2013
I wish I could say I bought this for a kid as a present, but I bought it for myself. And I am happy I did. If you want one, you should get it.. it's fun to play with and if you have kids around, it will keep them entertained. It takes your coins and actually stores it, but if you're trying to save a lot of coins at once, you'll be waiting a long time for that greedy panda to take all your money.

HP 2.1 Compact Speaker System (BR386AA#ABL)
HP 2.1 Compact Speaker System (BR386AA#ABL)
Offered by SupplyTiger
Price: $33.27
16 used & new from $22.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Slight buzzing to the speakers, but still good sound., January 9, 2013
I've had these speakers a little over 6 months now and didn't want to jump to writing a review without having enough time to really see how they worked.

Out of the box, they were find and everything worked well for me. The sound was good, not great, but enough for what I needed. I like to watch videos, play games, listen to music, but I'm in no way an audiophile. The subwoofer has a very small footprint and can easily fit on a desk and the speakers themselves are very short and take up very little room. I have my sub on the ground, and my speakers under my monitor. My monitor is an Acer 23" LED on the same level as the speakers, so I was glad to see that the speakers fit underneath without obstructing any of the screen.

The volume control is a separate cable which is both good and bad. It adds more time and effort to the setup, but it puts control of the volume wherever you want it without actually having to move or reach for the speakers. The plastic of the volume control isn't the best, but you aren't paying very much for these speakers anyways, so it's still a pretty good value. I am pleased with the construction and looks with the speakers overall, but where it falls short is after extended use.

Recently, my speakers have been giving me a slight buzzing sound at 25% and above volumes. Regardless of what I have my computer volume set at, if the dial on the volume control is at the 25% mark or higher, there is a constant buzzing even with the computer off. Even more recently, every once in a while, that buzzing would be there even under the 25% mark. For what I paid, I don't expect all that much, but ti's sad to see this happen.

I usually don't play any audio very loudly, so I don't think it would be an issue of usage, but the paper part of the speakers are exposed, so you will need to be careful about how you treat them. I turn my speakers off when I don't need them to minimize the amount of buzzing I hear, but I would imagine for most people, this is too much of a hassle to deal with.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2013 3:10 AM PDT

GE HO-97895 10' AC Replacement Power Cord (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
GE HO-97895 10' AC Replacement Power Cord (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Love-the-Values
Price: $9.36
9 used & new from $5.48

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me., January 9, 2013
It worked as it needed to for me. The length was good, and everything was as expected. I don't like paying for these kinds of cables, but I'd be sure to get another one of these if I needed to in the future.

Shun Premier Santoku Knife, 7-Inch
Shun Premier Santoku Knife, 7-Inch
Price: $179.95
25 used & new from $174.95

5.0 out of 5 stars SHARP and balanced, January 9, 2013
I have been looking for a good Santoku knife a few years now, and I'm glad I waited. I got this knife when it was on a pretty good sale, and even without the sale, it's still worth it. It's sharp, the weight is evenly distributed so it doesn't tire out the hand, and the handle is easy to hold onto without the hand tiring as well.

I really like Shun's hammered steel look, and this one doesn't disappoint. Although this is my first Shun knife, I have been admiring them for a while now. I haven't actually seen this particular line in stores, so I was excited to see what it looked and felt like when I received it. Suffice it to say, I was not disappointed. With all the functionality already explained above (sharpness, balance, and ease of use I feel come built in when you are looking at knives in this range), I really like the coloring of the handle as well as the quality of construction. It's almost as if the metal and wood are one piece.

I was curious about the ergonomic design of this knife, since I hadn't been able to physically handle one before, but I have to say it's very easy on the hands and slight curve where the blade and handle join, makes it very comfortable to use. The blades tip I found is more/less angled (depends on how you look at it) than other Santoku knifes. The blade is slightly more curved along the edge making it easier to chop with. I actually like this, but if something like this bothers you, you will probably want to handle one in person before deciding to purchase this knife.

FORLIFE  Brew-in-Mug Extra-Fine Tea Infuser with Lid, Paprika
FORLIFE Brew-in-Mug Extra-Fine Tea Infuser with Lid, Paprika

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great!, January 9, 2013
After using this item, I don't think I'll be going back to any other type of tea infuser any time soon. I started with the generic clamp tea infuser, which works very well, but it would always be a pain to clean. I have a few other novelty infusers, which are fun to use, but getting the leaves out after use takes almost longer than preparing, and drinking the tea itself.

Forlife has made a very smart product in this. Even though it's just a container with a lid on it, they've made it look excellent (in my opinion), and functional. The entire thing fits into any standard mug, the handle makes it easy to remove the infuser when ready, and the lid fits snugly while the tea steeps, and once it's done, you can flip it over to use as a dish/saucer to rest the used infuser on.

The lid is what makes the product. The silicone part comes in different colors, giving it variety and character. And the bottom of the lid is ridged to server two purposes. One is to fit snugly into the bottom part of the infuser, and the second is to hold in any excess liquid that leaks out after you place the used infuser on it.

The only bad thing that can possibly be said about this, is that there are often a few small granules from the tea leaves that escape through the infuser. Nothing too big, but the finest parts of the leaves settle to the bottom. It never amounts to much, so it has never bothered me, but it might be something that would interest other customers.

JBL On Tour Portable Speaker System ( Black )
JBL On Tour Portable Speaker System ( Black )
9 used & new from $45.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers, April 6, 2008
Really enjoying these speakers, great for hooking up to a laptop and playing music in a bedroom. While they don't have the best sound quality, it beats laptop speakers any day of the week. You have the option of powering it through the included adapter, or through 4 AAA batteries along the top ridge on the backside of the speakers. The only downside I see to this, is if you're looking to connect wirelessly, this will not do it. So, make sure you understand you will need to hook up through a standard 3.5mm audio cable.

With that being said, the only thing you really need to worry about is the size. It is considered portable, but can be considered a bit bulky so I wouldn't consider anywhere near "ultra" portable. I like having mine set up in my bedroom at all times. I have travelled with it before, but since I prefer to travel light, it isn't practical for me to pack an extra set of speakers when my laptop already has speakers built in. Occasionally, however, I will use it to amplify my phone's volume here and there.