Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for C. Valdizan > Reviews

Browse

C. Valdizan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Valdizan RSS Feed

La Guerra de los Dioses: Libros 1-3 (Spanish Edition)
La Guerra de los Dioses: Libros 1-3 (Spanish Edition)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ¡Excelente saga!, May 27, 2016
La guerra de los Dioses es una saga fenomenal, y espero con ansias el próximo libro. Es un libro de fantasía, y yo diría filosofía. Tiene muchos momentos que te invitan a la reflexion, a través de su protagonista principal, Manchego. Comprender como se va formando, y como llega a comprender su pasado. Para luego vivir con él sus aventuras.

Cuando el Sol se Derrama (Parte 1 y 2): Un thriller de misterio médico y del mundo de los sueños (Spanish Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars ¡Excelente libro y lectura muy recomendada!, August 31, 2014
Con un diálogo coloquial y simpático, el autor nos narra una historia profunda sobre los dilemas y consecuencias de llevar una vida desordenada, desenfrenada y llena de vicios.
Es la historia de un paciente que ha sido diagnosticado con cáncer terminal de páncreas, un médico que no logra tener empatía con sus pacientes terminales y una psicóloga que intenta desenmarañar el vínculo quizás un poco esotérico, que se da entre paciente y médico.
El médico por su parte tiene un pasado que sanar que le ha bloqueado sus sentimientos y por ende la empatía. Ve el mundo de una manera fría y mecánica.
Es una bella historia que al final nos deja la moraleja de que cada uno de nosotros debe descubrir el sentido de la vida. La vida es sólo un instante y debemos encontrar ese sentido de estar vivos y disfrutar cada momento dando lo mejor de si, puesto que nuestras horas están contadas, tan sólo no sabemos cuando vamos a parir, ese libro te hace meditar sobre ello y aunque el final es triste, nos deja con una sensación agradable y esperanzadora.

The Descent: (Book 3 of The Immortal Trilogy) (The Taker Trilogy)
The Descent: (Book 3 of The Immortal Trilogy) (The Taker Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Finale!, January 2, 2014
I am still in shock and in awe with this fantastic finale to the Immortal Trilogy. The unfold of the storyline was totally unexpected, without getting away from the main plot, Ms. Katsu proved once again her talent as a writer and story teller.
The story unfold in a way that will surprise you with the most unexpected turns and twists.

We've met a new Adair in each book, and this Adair is even more "godlike" that you can imagine. It is so hard to review this book without giving up spoilers of the plot... I'll do my best.

Let's begin saying is the culmination of a love story, is about the power of love, and how much we are willing to give up and sacrifice in order to be with the love one.
But is not a fairy tale either; this specific book it might seem like one, but if you have followed the story since book one, you know that is not the case. The main characters have gone thorough a journey of self discovery, and not an easy one. From romantic love, addictive relationships, abusive relationships, codependency, immortality, betrayal etc. Until they find true love, not without being hurt and not without paying a price.

One part of the book that touched me deeply, and made me meditate is when Lanore met Sophia in the underworld. Lanny felt guilty of Sophia's suicide, and Sophia tells her that she is giving too much credit to what she did. At the end, our ultimate fate is in our hands not in the hands of others, based on the decisions and choices we made.

This book like it's predecessors is about fantasy, magic, power, immortality, Love; but in this one we are also in touch with the underworld and the Gods. A fresh and romantic approach to Dante's Inferno and Greek Mythology. Never see that coming.

You won't be disappointing with the final outcome.

A few quotes from the book that I loved:

"We all marry strangers, Lanore. Even if it is someone you know, he won't be the same person once you are wed."
"Growth and change are two of the great gifts we get from time."
"wanting isn't the same as loving."
"Only a fool would underestimate the power of lust. Kingdoms have been won and lost, men and beasts have battled to the death over it.
"I hadn't yet learned that it was okay to make demands of the people we love, that we didn't have to accept others exactly as they come to us. No one is perfect, after all."
"You have to admit, there is a poetic justice to it"

The Firebird
The Firebird

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new book and follow up to beloved characters, February 7, 2013
This review is from: The Firebird (Kindle Edition)
I've purchased this book because I have enjoyed Susanna Kearsley previous books. Still being my favorites Mariana and The Winter Sea, to my surprise this is a new book that also follow up with the beloved characters of The Winter Sea!! One of the main characters is also a dear one (all grown up now) from The Shadowy Horses.

Nicola works for a respectable art dealer in London who specializes in Russian art. She also posses the gift (a curse in her opinion) of psychometry. Thanks to her abilities she decides to help a woman who is in great need to sell an old wooden crave figure of a Firebird. She told Nicola that the Firebird has been in her family for generations and was given to her ancestor by Catherine I of Russia. Since its impossible to prove the real value of the crave figure, Nicola starts a quest to find the true story of the Firebird with the hope to prove the value of the piece. She doubts her abilities and is afraid to use them, therefore she decided to ask for the help of Rob (an ex boyfriend), who is highly gifted in the paranormal.

During their quest we met Anna, a lovely girl from the past that grown up as a very likeable and strong woman. She is one of the leading characters of the book and is the daughter of Sophia and John Moray. By a leap of faith she became the ward of Vice Admiral Gordon who was commissioned in Russia by Peter the Great.
It continues the story of the Jacobites who fled to Russia and lived and served their King from the Russian Courts. New characters, new romance, new intrigues and more history, of course.

Nicola exhausted my patience for moments during length of the story; until she is finally able to embrace who she is. Rob is adorable, but we already knew his character from The Shadowy Horses.

A book that will be greatly enjoyed for those already familiar with the author and her work and new ones alike. Beware that you wont be able to put the book down until the very end... **SPOILER ALERT*** You'll find out what happened to Sophia and John Moray!! But is not my tale to tell, you must read the book!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 2:56 PM PST

Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster: Chess Complete 3-Pack (MAC)
Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster: Chess Complete 3-Pack (MAC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with Lion OS X, October 23, 2011
This game is absolutely fantastic my son loves it but its a shame that does not work with the latest Lion OS X... The manufactures should have a free update.
I just purchased this game and the box says System 10.1.5 or later and later is Lion but unfortunately does not work. I contacted the manufacturers and send a message via website. I'll update later to see if they resolve the issue.
Hope they have an update available soon otherwise is a waste of money since almost everyone is making the update to Lion and this product won't work.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2011 9:20 AM PST

On a Roll @ Home, Home Exercises for Core Strength and Massage on the Foam Roller
by Donna Gambino
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $24.95
27 used & new from $17.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Content of the Book Ok, Poor Quality of the Printed Copy, June 13, 2009
The content of book is fairly good. The exercises are good for someone that had worked on a roller before. In my opinion it'll need more detailed information for novices.
The reason why I'm giving only one star is because the book is badly printed and its not even bound, it comes with an spiral bind like the ones you got in a copy center. The pictures are in black and withe, like they were poorly copied at the same cheap copy center and the paper is 60 gram. If I would've pay $ 10 for the book I think I'll be good a good buy, but for $24.95 you'll expect something far better. The book its not worth its price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2009 4:30 PM PDT

LATHER AHA Facial Therapy with Copper and Borage Extract, 1-Ounce Jar
LATHER AHA Facial Therapy with Copper and Borage Extract, 1-Ounce Jar
Offered by LATHER
Price: $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 13, 2009
I highly recommend this facial treatment for anyone in search of a good AHA face cream but specially for those with oil skin or acne prone skin. I use it as a night cream; hydrate my face, leave it soft and radiant without any oily residue. There is nothing worse than an opaque face and this cream brightens mine. It says that is recommended for three to four times a week. I alternate mine with the Clarins Bright Plus HP Repairing Brightening Night Cream, because I live in a place were I'm expose to a lot of sun damage, but that one is heavier in texture. I can tell the difference when I use the Lather AHA facial cream because of the softness and brightness of my skin the next morning.
I find this cream to be a beauty secret well kept. For some reason hasn't reach the popularity it deserved. Maybe its due to the fact that is a smaller company and is commonly find at hotels and airlines. But this product is excellent and actually cheap if you compare its price with the prices these beauty products have.

Philips VOIP841 PC-Free DECT 6.0 Wireles IP Phone
Philips VOIP841 PC-Free DECT 6.0 Wireles IP Phone
Offered by The Billing Exchange
Price: $424.97
4 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend it!, November 25, 2008
I've purchased this product since April 2008 and I love it, makes my life easier and cheaper.
Sometimes you have to reset (unplug the base from the outlet or take the batteries off from the phone) the telephone due to problems with the internet provider (system down) but In overall works great, I haven't had any problem. I highly recommend it!
Skype software is installed, you just have to plug it in, upgrades automatically.
I live outside the US and works perfectly for (Central, South America) and as I previously indicated my major problem has been my internet provider not the phone.