Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for err404 > Reviews

Browse

err404's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

err404 RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Turtleback Black Leather 13.3in Laptop Sleeve Bag Cover Case for MacBook Air, Macbook Pro with Retina, Ultrabook 13in - Made in the USA
Offered by Turtleback Made in USA
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $18.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels Fake, April 28, 2015
This case feels fake. It came to me in a sealed plastic bag. I cut open the bag expecting to be hit with a burst of leather smell. Instead, I was greeted with some kind of chemical smell. The product doesn't have that nice soft leather feel to it. It feels like a cheap knock off that one might find in Santi Alley (a LA hotbed of counterfeit merchandise). I was so angry and disappointed upon opening this product that I couldn't get myself to put my MacBook inside of it. I absolutely refuse.

I don't know how this product got so many rave reviews. My only guess is that the vendor used to use real leather and now they only use pleather.

I wish my printer wasn't broken. I had to request a return label by mail. Now I have to wait 3 - 5 days to get this junk out of my apartment.

OnePlus 2, OnePlus One Real Natural Genuine Leather Cover Soft Sleeve Magnetic Band Pouch Protective Shell Padded and Lined
Offered by Donaway
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but doesn't offer full protection, February 5, 2015
I've owned many different phones with many different types of cases. This is the first time I've ever bought a pouch so I can't compare it to any other pouch.

My impressions of this product are, as follows: the leather is soft and thin. It adds minimal bulk to my OnePlus One and easily fits in my front shirt pocket or pants pockets. I don't think it will protect the phone as much as a case, but ti's better than nothing. If you drop the phone while it's in this case and it happens to land on the top edge, you will for sure get some damage.

That said, the reason I bought this pouch is because I wanted to use my phone without a case. Especially after having bought the bamboo Swap Style cover. Why put a case on the phone after spending $60 on a bamboo replacement back cover? This pouch is very handsome and compliments the beige back cover of the OnePlus One. And it does offer a little bit of protection should it fall out of my pocket.

If you'd prefer better protection, you need to get yourself a traditional case. But if you want to use a naked phone but want something to carry it around in so it doesn't get too dinged up in your pocket, I would recommend this pouch. It feels like a quality product and looks nice. An added plus is that you won't run into too many other people that have this pouch.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Veezy Trifold bluetooth Keyboard for iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, Andriod smart phones, tablets, and other smart devices, tv boxes, tv stick, foldable, portable, long lasting battery (TFK10-S)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a compact, foldable keyboard., February 1, 2015
My first foldable Bluetooth keyboard was the iLepo Flyshark. Overall, I thought it was okay. But it crapped out on me after a few weeks. So I looked for alternatives. Most of the foldable keyboards out there didn’t appeal to me. They looked like two halves of a keyboard spliced together with a weird vertical gap in the middle.

Despite the lack of reviews, I decided to go with the Weezy foldable keyboard. Although I do have some minor gripes with this product, it does the job and I am happy with my purchase. I will compare my experiences with this keyboard and compare them with the iLepo keyboard for contrast.

Portability: The Weezy keyboard is pretty compact. Not so small that it would fit in your jeans pocket. But it can be easily stowed away. I carry it in my BookBook Travel Journal with no issues. The iLepo is a little bit smaller, but small enough to stick in your jeans pocket. I would not recommend carrying either of them in your pants pockets. They may break if you sit on them.

Key Size: The iLepo has full-size keys, but no dedicated number keys along the top. The Weezy keyboard has a row of number keys along the top, but they are smaller than the letter keys. And the letter keys are not full size. So it takes a little getting used to.

Layout: I prefer the layout on the Weezy keyboard, with one exception—the placement of PgUp key. It sits directly to the left of the right shift key. And that can get annoying sometimes when you want to capitalize the letter but instead end up pushing your cursor one line above.

Build: The Weezy keyboard feels fairly solid. I love the way this tri-fold keyboard locks into place when unfolded. It provides a pretty solid platform when used. In contrast, the iLepo keyboard does not lock into place when unfolded and lays at a slight angle instead of straight. That’s kind of annoying. Overall, the Weezy keyboard feels more like a premium product than does the iLepo.

Bluetooth Connection: All in all, the Weezy keyboard does a good job maintaining its connection to my iPad (also my OnePlus One phone). Pairing the keyboard to my devices was fairly painless once I figured out how to do it (more on that later). But for some reason, every now and then, the connection drops out momentarily, and then reconnects. This is very annoying when you are typing and lose your train of thought and you have to wait for the keyboard to reconnect. Before my iLepo keyboard crapped out, this was never an issue. Still, it’s not a deal breaker considering I am not using the thing to crunch out a novel. I just use it for lengthier than normal emails and SMS while on the go.

My gripes with this product were the setup. I read over the instructions. The instructions tell you to turn on the device by using the power switch. I spent 10 minutes looking for a power switch, confused because I couldn’t find one and I hadn’t been smoking crack, so how the world could I miss the power switch? Well, there is no power switch. The keyboard powers on when you unfold the thing, and powers off when you fold it back up.

Another thing I spent an inordinate amount of time looking for was the Bluetooth button (referenced by the instructions). There is no Bluetooth button. Through trial and error, I figured out on my own that you must press the “Fn” and “C” keys at the same time until a blue light flashes at the top of your keyboard (right above the “6” key). Once I unraveled that mystery, it paired very easily with my iOS and Android device.

I consider myself to be a fairly tech-savvy person. If I were not, I would have been banging my head against the wall because the instructions were all messed up and made no sense. Plus, at the time I received this product, there was no help to be found online. So I hope this review sheds light to anyone who wants to use this device but isn’t as enthusiastic about tech as some of us are.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 9:12 PM PST

PThink® 2.5D Round Edge 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for OnePlus One with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (OnePlus One)
Offered by PThink
Price: $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Screen Protector Ever., January 18, 2015
This is, hands down, the best screen protector I've ever installed on any of my devices. And I've owned a lot of devices. This is my first tempered glass screen and it's far superior to every plastic one I've ever bought, both in appearance and ease of installation.

My Phone: OnePlus One.

Installation: Zero bubbles. I used a baby wipes to wipe off my table (which was my work area). I used another baby wipe to wipe off my phone. I used the provided microfiber cloth to wipe my phone one more time. I visually inspected the surface of my phone for any dust. When I was certain there was no dust on the surface of my phone, I applied the screen protector according to instructions. Again: no bubbles!

Use: In addition to the screen protector, my phone is inside of a Diztronic case. The case in no way interferes with the screen protector. The screen protector provides just enough space around the edges to let the lip of the case to rest in its proper place. The one thing that blew me away was that of all the screen protectors I've ever used, this one is the most fingerprint resistant. You're still going to get fingerprints on the device, especially if you have greasy fingers. But there are noticeably fewer and easier to wipe off.

The screen feels just like glass. I would say that on my OnePlus One, tapping and swiping feels even better than the naked surface. When I use my phone, I forget there is a screen protector on it.

Appearance: It looks like glass. There is absolutely no rainbow effect on the surface of my phone. This is the only screen protector I've ever used that does not detract from the appearance of the screen.

My Phone's Typical Day: I work full time. I usually commute via train and bus. During my commute back and forth from work, my phone is usually in my front shirt pocket or jacket pocket. When I am work, my phone is usually on my desk. When I'm not at work, my phone is carried in the back pocket of my jeans. If I am seated, I usually hold onto the phone with my hands because my phone is oversized and I am afraid it will break in half if I sit on it.

I ride a desk for 40 hours a week inside of a windowless office. I only talk about my day because if you have a more physical job than I do, you might have a different experience with this product. As for me, so far, I have picked up zero scratches on my screen protector.

Diztronic Full Matte Black Flexible TPU Case for OnePlus One - Retail Packaging
Diztronic Full Matte Black Flexible TPU Case for OnePlus One - Retail Packaging
Offered by Diztronic
Price: $9.89
6 used & new from $7.81

5.0 out of 5 stars The best case for OnePlus One, August 15, 2014
If this case was available before I bought my previous two cases for the One, I would have bought this case, and only this case.

My first case for my OnePlus One was a leather flip case from China. Well made, but I decided I don't really like flip cases. My next purchase was from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Bumper-Protective-OnePlus-Smartphone/dp/B00LWSRVN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408131051&sr=8-1&keywords=tudia+oneplus+one+case I gave that case four stars, but all in all, my new Diztronic case is superior.

I have had four different Diztronic cases for four different devices. They have never disappointed me. Reasons I like this case: 1) It protects all edges of my device. The lip of the case makes it possible to put the case face down on a flat surface without letting the screen touch the surface. 2) It doesn't interfere with the screen protector I have on the screen. 3) All ports are accessible. I had no issues with accessories. But if you have a chunky headphone plug, you might have issues. 4) All buttons are covered by the case, but the buttons are still very responsive. Even better than the Ttrudia case. 5) The case is entirely matte. The Trudia case is matte and glossy, making it a little bit ugly. 6) The case is snug but easy to put on and take off. 7) The case doesn't pick up lint from my pockets.

The only thing I don't like about this case is that it has a logo on it. But it's so discreet that I find that flaw to be acceptable.

This is not a flashy case. It doesn't scream, "Look at me!" But it's functional, easy on the eyes, and is everything I want from a case.

TUDIA Ultra Slim LITE TPU Bumper Protective Case for OnePlus One Smartphone (Black)
Offered by W2 Corporation
Price: $14.98
2 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, it's worth it., August 9, 2014
This case does exactly what I want it to do: 1) The lip of the case protrudes enough to provide protection to all edges of the phone. You can place the phone face down on a flat surface and you won't scratch the screen. 2) The case fits snuggly. 3) The case does not interfere with the screen protector that took me an hour to apply. 4) The case is easy to grip and isn't slippery. 5) All buttons are covered, but are still acceptably responsive with the case on. 6) All ports are easily accessible. (But if you have a chunky earphone plug, it may not seat correctly.)

The only downsides to this case are 1) The dual finish. The top and bottom of the case are glossy, but matte in the middle. I wish the entire case was matte. 2) And the TUDIA logo. I hate logos on my cases. I hate spending money on a product only to turn my device into an advertising tool. But it's discreet enough to be acceptable.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 5:59 AM PDT

iPhone 4S Screen Protector, amFilm Apple iPhone 4S/4 Screen Protector Premium HD Clear (3-Pack)(3 Bonus Back Films Included)[Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $5.95
3 used & new from $4.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get in the way, October 1, 2012
Let me start by saying that none of these screens are easy to apply. No matter which one you choose, it takes patience and a steady hand.

Be sure to be in a lint-free environment. Or as lint-free as possible. Make sure to have a piece of tape handy. That way, if you see a bubble that keeps popping up because there's a tiny piece of lint underneath, you can lift the screen protector and remove the lint with that piece of tape.

As for this particular screen protector, I love it! Open the package and you will find three sets of screen protectors. Each set has one film for the front of your iPhone 4S, and one for the back. It took me about an hour to get both films on my iPhone. I messed up on my first attempt and had to discard the front film.

Once I got the screen protectors on my phone, it looked great. No bubbles, and almost seamless. It takes a while to get everything all lined up, but once you do, it looks great, almost invisible.

One issue I had with the last screen protectors I used was this rainbow banding on the film when the phone was off or asleep. This happened only under certain indoor lighting situations, but not in sunlight. It was a minor annoyance, but annoying nonetheless.

This screen protector has very minimal rainbow banding issues. On top of the screen protectors, I also use a case to protect my phone. I have had no issues.

LaCie iamakey v2 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (131104)
LaCie iamakey v2 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (131104)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid., September 21, 2012
This USB drive is on a keyring with a bunch of other keys. Without getting into the specifics of my occupation, I deal with a lot of filth and grime. I come into contact with a lot of disgusting people in the course of my work day. Sometimes I must sanitize my USB drive with an antibacterial wipe before putting it back in my pocket.

This USB drive has been jingling around in my pocket every day, ever since I received it from Amazon.com (March 2012, I think). It has not failed me once. There are plenty of scratches on the exterior, but it hasn't broken or been corrupted yet.

The product I received did not come with a cap or cover for the insertion point of the drive. This got me worried at first, but it has not created any issues for me. Sometimes I have to blow a little lint off of the thing, but still, no issues.

There are documents I must save and retrieve off of this thing almost on a daily basis. I frequently make backups from the USB drive to a portable drive I have at home. I don't use this key as my primary backup for my documents. I use it for quick, easy access while at work. If this thing can last until March 2013, and if it fails after that time, I will have no problem buying another one.

For those of you who are curious, I use a Windows PC at work (running Windows XP), and I use a Mac at home. If you want to use the encryption feature on the drive, it seems to be easier on the PC than on the Mac. If you're technologically challenged, and you own a Mac, you may want to skip the encryption option.

Acase(TM) iPhone 4 and 4S Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) case (Fits AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S)
Offered by Etailz
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case, October 29, 2011
I won't go over the specs on this case. The burning questions I had when I bought this product were:

1) Is it easy to use the buttons that are covered by the case? The answer is yes! The buttons are very responsive. You don't have to press extra hard to get them to do what they're supposed to do.

2) Is there an obnoxious logo on the case? No! I pay good money for a case so it will protect my phone. If you want me to advertise your logo, pay me, bitches. I don't want your stinking logo on my case. Finally, a company that gets it.

3) If the phone falls face down, will the case protect it? It appears so. The case has a lip that extends beyond the face of the iPhone so in case of a fall on a flat surface, the face will not hit the surface.

4) Will my earphones fit with the case on? My Native Union Moshi Moshi Retro POP Handset for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Android Phones - Soft Touch - Black fits goes in and out without any issues.

5) Can I charge my phone with the case on? Yes. I only use the charger that comes with the iPhone. That goes in and out without any problems.

One of the reasons I love this case is that I can get it on and off without any plastic pieces to scratch my phone. One of my very first cases I bought when I had the iPhone 3GS was a plastic slider type case. It left a bunch of scratches on my phone. After that, I refused to buy any type of slider cases, or any type of case that let the plastic parts come in contact with the phone.

My only criticisms of this case are that the silicone inner case is a tad bit flimsy right under the home button, and the silicone part of the case seems to attract a lot of dust after it's been in my pocket for a while. So while these issues are not hefty enough to subtract a full star from my rating, you should be aware of these issues, nonetheless.

Will this case turn heads? I doubt it. It is very basic, with no flashy designs or logos. But it doesn't hinder the function of the device. I highly recommend this case.

By the way, I'm using the iPhone 4S on AT&T. I only mention this because I've heard that there is a slight difference between the AT&T version and others.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2015 7:13 AM PDT

Fieldrunners HD (WiFi Download Only)
Fieldrunners HD (WiFi Download Only)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, July 7, 2011
This game has me hooked! It reminds me of Plants vs. Zombies, in that you lay down your defenses, and hope that your enemies don't get to the other side of the screen. Instead of laying down plants, you lay down different kinds of guns/missiles. Instead of zombies, you've got enemy soldiers, helicopters, and planes trying to breach your defenses.

Two thumbs up!