Profile for D. Brady > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Brady RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
AmazonBasics Carrying Case for Nintendo - New 3DS XL, 3DS XL - Black (Officially Licensed by Nintendo)
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for New 3DS XL, February 21, 2015
This case is great. It works well with the New 3DS XL that come out in Feb 2015. Its rugged enough to throw in a bag and has card slots. Can't beat the price either. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2015 4:04 AM PST

Original Nintendo 3DS XL Power Adapter Charger WAP-002 - Bulk Packaging
Original Nintendo 3DS XL Power Adapter Charger WAP-002 - Bulk Packaging
Offered by WeSellGames
Price: $8.99
41 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with New 3DS XL, February 21, 2015
Works just fine with the new 3DS.

iLLumiShield - Nintendo 3DS XL Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging
Offered by Talkie Tech, Inc.
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on New 3DS XL (Feb 13 Release), February 21, 2015
I got these for the New 3DS XL (released Feb 13). They fit perfectly on there. Its a little tricky to get it lined up on the top screen because there is kind of a lip around the screen, so you have to be careful it sits just right. No bubbles and a clean look, you can't even tell they're there. The bottom one is just as good, no loss of sensitivity on the touch screen.

Another Day/Another Time: Celebrating The Music Of "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Another Day/Another Time: Celebrating The Music Of "Inside Llewyn Davis"
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect celebration of Americana, February 14, 2015
I am not a folk music buff by any sense, and this concert blew me away. I first watched it on Showtime leading up to the release of Inside Llewyn Davis, and it made me anticipate the movie even more. I have now started listening to many of the artists in this concert (Milk Carton Kids and Punch Bros. specifically). This is a true celebration of Americana music. I recommend it to anyone, even non-folk fans.

Wild [HD]
Wild [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't understand the hype, January 26, 2015
This review is from: Wild [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I can see how this movie would appeal to people, a coming of age, life journey about a woman picking herself up after a great tragedy. After seeing it though, it just didn't progress like I was hoping it would. While you understand the hardship of what Cheryl is going through, there doesn't seem to be growth through the movie. She seems to be the same person at the end of the movie as she was at the beginning. Witherspoon's acting is indeed great, but I feel the writing really curbed what could have been a transcendent role.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2015 7:02 AM PDT

The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century
The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.70

3.0 out of 5 stars A riveting first half, a sputtering second half, January 7, 2015
This book had me hooked at the 40% mark. It is filled with well thought out analysis, brought historical trends that are important for painting the global picture, and succinct commentary about where the future is likely headed. I couldn't put it down. Then something changed. Friedman goes down a rabit hole of specific speculation that didn't seem based on much fact. I understand forecasting world powers. I understand forecasting broad global trends that will continue and providing evidence of why. What I didn't understand are the moments where he gives pointed specific predictions of things that could be so wrong. It dilutes the credibility of his message. Had he dived into deeper analysis of his broad global trends and his hypotheses these trends support, I would have been all in. Instead more time is spent going over specifics of hypothetical warfare, when I really wish he would have just focused on WHY these countries were heading toward war in the first place. He focuses on hypothetical global energy harvesting, instead of focusing on HOW massive energy change would change geopolitical relations. His hypotheses by the end of the book seems hollow, filled with hot air that the first half seems to shy away from.

Black & Decker BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher
Black & Decker BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $74.99
19 used & new from $50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate back and weekend saver, January 7, 2015
This thing rocks. We just bought a house with a huge pecan tree that rains leaves for 3 weeks at the start of winter. After killing my back one weekend raking and bagging, I had to find something better. This has saved my back and my weekends. I am tall (6'2") and don't' have a problem with the weight. The best system I found was to use the blower function to work up some decent sized piles and then use the mulcher to tear through the pile slowly. Leaves and pecan shells were no match for this The metal blade has held up very well and mulches my entire back yard into 4 or 5 refuse bags - which used to take up at least 10. I am very impressed.

High Top Mountain
High Top Mountain
Price: $10.19
37 used & new from $6.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my view on country, January 7, 2015
This review is from: High Top Mountain (Audio CD)
I bought this for my Dad for his birthday and got a copy for myself at the same time. We both love the album. He grew up in West Texas on outlaw country, and I grew up listening to alternative rock and punk. I rarely pay attention to anything in the country sphere. Sturgill Simpson has changed that for me. This album did for my taste of country music what the Milk Carton Kids did for my taste in folk. I found the artist I could hitch my wagon to, unabashed. His tone is gritty, with classic country guitar licks and driving drums. I love how in this album and his second album, he is singing about his life. No Southern Bro country here.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition - PlayStation 4
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition - PlayStation 4
Price: $29.99
100 used & new from $23.90

5.0 out of 5 stars First Diablo experience in any capacity, and I love it, August 22, 2014
I'm loving this game so far. This is the first Diablo game I've ever played in any capacity. The story requires no prior knowledge that I can tell, and is pretty simple. Not really the reason to play the game. The control scheme is very approachable, and in general the game isn't too hard to figure out. I started with a Crusader and want to try Demon Hunter as well soon. The game looks great and runs smoothly. It's challenging enough to stay fresh. If you were on the fence about buying it either because you've never played or you think you'll be behind the curve, go pick it up.

Mario Kart 8 - Nintendo Wii U
Mario Kart 8 - Nintendo Wii U
Offered by Piranha Records
Price: $47.00
107 used & new from $46.25

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is awesome. It really accomplishes to rekindle the Mario Kart ..., August 8, 2014
This game is awesome. It really accomplishes to rekindle the Mario Kart flame for me. My wife loves the game too, and we have a ton of fun playing together. Its challenging on 150cc, and for that reason takes a while to achieve all of the unlockables. This is the first must have game for Wii U in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7