Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Jeff Kraus > Reviews

Browse

Jeff Kraus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 384

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff Kraus RSS Feed (Orlando, FL USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dell 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, White(A8207442)
Dell 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, White(A8207442)
Offered by my Goods
Price: $15.37
20 used & new from $12.56

4.0 out of 5 stars It'd probably work fine on a lanyard, May 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The size is what really sets this flash drive apart from most of the others I've used. It's tiny, and weighs practically nothing. The issue of strength remains to be seen. You're supposed to be able to put this on a keyring, but I don't have enough confidence in its durability to do so. The metal part of the case might warp with enough pressure, and the USB end is open to foreign matter. It'd probably work fine on a lanyard.

Other than that, it's a standard flash drive with speeds that are normal for USB 2.0.

DII 100% Cotton Chevron Herringbone Throw for Indoor/Outdoor Use, Great Blanket For A Couch Throw, Picnics, Camping, BBQ's, Beaches, & Everyday Use - 50 x 60", Blue
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a soft and comfortable blanket that's the perfect combination of warmth and breathability, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After a wash, it's a soft and comfortable blanket that's the perfect combination of warmth and breathability. If I'm honest, I could probably do without the fringe, but I don't mind it that much so it's not worth docking a star over.

Time will tell how it holds up, but it feels really well made and I don't see any reason to be concerned about fraying or the fringe coming off yet.

Zinus Ultima Shredded Memory Foam Classic pillow with Bamboo Cover-Set of 2, Queen Size
Offered by Sleep Revolution
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, May 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are really nice pillows. They retain their shape well and provide adequate support for side sleepers like myself, not like some cheap pillows that collapse from the weight of your head and feel like they're slowly suffocating you. I find myself needing to get used to them, since my previous pillow was a shaped memory foam type that has a smaller profile and has curvature along the bottom edge for neck support. This new pillow raises my head farther than I'm accustomed to. But I'm determined to give it more time, because it really is quite comfortable.

Ester-C Vitamin C, Immune Charge Gummies, 45 Count
Ester-C Vitamin C, Immune Charge Gummies, 45 Count
Price: $7.94
2 used & new from $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Just, why?, May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll be honest. I don't understand the point.

They taste fine, but they're coated in sugar. Is that necessary? One of these gummies will get you 30mg of vitamin C, or 50% of your RDV. Nothing else. That is, nothing else except sugar and carbs. It will cost you $0.23 per serving based on the current price as of this review.

Even if you MUST have chewy vitamins because you can't swallow pills, the first search result I came up with here is Vitafusion Multivites, which offer the same amount of vitamin C... PLUS 15 other vitamins/minerals. These currently work out to $0.11 per serving ($8.54 for 75 servings, 150 gummies). (Note: I've never tried them, so I'm not necessarily recommending them; I just wanted to show that you can get a lot more for your money)

If you can swallow pills, then you shouldn't even be looking at gummy vitamins because they can get a lot more good stuff crammed into a single pill for a lot less money. But if you need gummy vitamins, why not get some that will give you more than JUST vitamin C, and not even very much of it at that?

Safety 1st Easy Install Walk Thru Gate
Safety 1st Easy Install Walk Thru Gate
Price: $49.00
6 used & new from $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, perfect except for the latch, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll admit that I got a little excited when the user manual suggested that you could actually expand the gate to something like 44" rather than the advertised 38". It turns out that the 38" is accurate though, since the extra width requires spacers that are not included in the package.

At any rate, this is certainly not the cheapest gate available, but you get what you pay for. This is solidly built. Once installed, there's no play in it anywhere. The only problem I have with it is the latch. It's a two-part latch, where you slide the switch on top and simultaneously pull up on a button on the underside of the mechanism to open the gate. It's awkward, and the spring tension is very heavy on both components. It makes opening and closing the gate more of an event than it should be, and it seems unnecessary unless you're still using it when your kid is 7 years old. Which seems weird.

Is it weird? I don't know. We're using it for the dog while she's on prednisone and eating literally anything within reach. Using it to keep miniature humans out of things will have a wait a couple of years.

Digesteeze Beefhide 8-inch Rolls- 3 pack (27818)
Digesteeze Beefhide 8-inch Rolls- 3 pack (27818)
Price: $8.33
20 used & new from $8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for medium-strength chewers, April 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect for medium-strength chewers. We prefer these to the harder rawhide bones because they're more digestible and our dog tends to try to bite chunks off when she can. She loves these bones and will get through one in 15-20 minutes. She has never had any issues with digestion or anything. Oddly enough, she used to occasionally lose interest in them -- we'd give her about one a week and at some point she'd get one, sniff it, and just carry it around for a couple of weeks until we threw it out.

Most of the time she'd eat them right away though. I could never detect any difference between her winners and losers, so who knows. Maybe it's just her mood.

Red Kap Men's Relaxed Fit Carpenter Jean, Medium Wash, 36x32
Red Kap Men's Relaxed Fit Carpenter Jean, Medium Wash, 36x32
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jeans, April 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like these. I've been wearing them for close to a month now (not straight -- I wash them!) and they've really done well for me. The reinforced areas (especially around the rear of the leg holes, which I always seem to shred) really hold up well. They fit great right out of the box, and washing them didn't appreciably shrink them.

The only thing I don't care for is the color of the reinforced areas, they're just a little to noticeable for my taste. A darker brown or black would have suited me just fine.

Still, they're the best pair of jeans that I own.

BlueAnt VIVID-BK Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
BlueAnt VIVID-BK Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
Price: $16.76
4 used & new from $16.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little speaker with flashy things, April 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun little BT speaker. Sound quality is average with decent clarity and not a lot of power in the low end, basically what you'd expect from a speaker of this size. I have BT speakers that last longer on a charge, and BT speakers that sound a bit better, but none of them are this small and none of them have nifty lights on them like this.

Two of the lighting modes react to the levels in the music, while an additional 3 modes do not react to the music (they just scroll or flash at a preset rate). The 6th mode turns off the lighting completely. The entire exterior is a black soft touch rubberized material, and the speaker is somewhere behind the light panel, making it feel like the music is coming from the lights rather than next to them.

Overall, I like it. The lights are a nice gimmick but I think the small size might be its best quality.

Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil, Supports Brain, Memory, Energy, Cardiovascular Health, 60 Softgels
Offered by Glutenfree4U
Price: $17.49
32 used & new from $15.23

3.0 out of 5 stars I've noticed no aftertaste, but the price seems high to me for questionable added benefits., April 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Despite their awful (I mean really awful) smell, I didn't have any problem with the flavor "resurfacing" like I sort of expected to. From an Omega 3 standpoint, one serving (2 capsules) provides 260mg (EHA+DHA), and with 30 servings in the 60-count bottle, you're looking at at $0.59 per 260mg.

I compared to a bottle of Kirkland Signature fish oil capsules that we normally use, one of which provides 250mg (EHA+DHA) + 50mg of "other" Omega-3, whatever that means. One bottle contains 400 servings for under $12. The cost here is just under $0.03 per serving.

I'm not sure what actual, legitimate scientific evidence exists out there to suggest that this product is superior enough to my existing Omega 3 supplements to warrant a price increase of about 1,900%. While I'm happy that the pills taste far better than they smell, I'll be going back to my "cheap" supplements (which also have no aftertaste) after this bottle is completed.

DII 100% Portuguese Cork Coated Wine Or Champagne Ice Bucket With Impression For Bottle For Parties or Dinners
Price: $41.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big., April 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review is for the ice bucket, since Amazon inexplicably has decided to mix the reviews of several different products together.

I thought this would be a nice, unobtrusive way to put out a bottle of wine with dinner when we have guests over, but I don't know why I thought it would be smaller than this. It's big, taking up too much real estate on the table for my tastes. And as nice as it would be to have the bucket there to keep the wine cool, it's not worth crowding the table. And my friends probably wouldn't let a bottle of wine sit long enough for it to come up to room temperature anyway.

The build is good, it's solid and heavy. But it has the same footprint as three bottles of wine, just so you can keep one bottle cool. It's not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20