Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Jeff Kraus > Reviews

Browse

Jeff Kraus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 380

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff Kraus RSS Feed (Orlando, FL USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Safety 1st Easy Install Walk Thru Gate
Safety 1st Easy Install Walk Thru Gate
Price: $54.99
5 used & new from $46.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, perfect except for the latch, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll admit that I got a little excited when the user manual suggested that you could actually expand the gate to something like 44" rather than the advertised 38". It turns out that the 38" is accurate though, since the extra width requires spacers that are not included in the package.

At any rate, this is certainly not the cheapest gate available, but you get what you pay for. This is solidly built. Once installed, there's no play in it anywhere. The only problem I have with it is the latch. It's a two-part latch, where you slide the switch on top and simultaneously pull up on a button on the underside of the mechanism to open the gate. It's awkward, and the spring tension is very heavy on both components. It makes opening and closing the gate more of an event than it should be, and it seems unnecessary unless you're still using it when your kid is 7 years old. Which seems weird.

Is it weird? I don't know. We're using it for the dog while she's on prednisone and eating literally anything within reach. Using it to keep miniature humans out of things will have a wait a couple of years.

Digesteeze Beefhide Rolls-3 pack (27818)
Digesteeze Beefhide Rolls-3 pack (27818)
Price: $8.69
16 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for medium-strength chewers, April 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect for medium-strength chewers. We prefer these to the harder rawhide bones because they're more digestible and our dog tends to try to bite chunks off when she can. She loves these bones and will get through one in 15-20 minutes. She has never had any issues with digestion or anything. Oddly enough, she used to occasionally lose interest in them -- we'd give her about one a week and at some point she'd get one, sniff it, and just carry it around for a couple of weeks until we threw it out.

Most of the time she'd eat them right away though. I could never detect any difference between her winners and losers, so who knows. Maybe it's just her mood.

Red Kap Men's Relaxed Fit Carpenter Jean, Medium Wash, 36x32
Red Kap Men's Relaxed Fit Carpenter Jean, Medium Wash, 36x32
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great jeans, April 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like these. I've been wearing them for close to a month now (not straight -- I wash them!) and they've really done well for me. The reinforced areas (especially around the rear of the leg holes, which I always seem to shred) really hold up well. They fit great right out of the box, and washing them didn't appreciably shrink them.

The only thing I don't care for is the color of the reinforced areas, they're just a little to noticeable for my taste. A darker brown or black would have suited me just fine.

Still, they're the best pair of jeans that I own.

BlueAnt VIVID-BK Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
BlueAnt VIVID-BK Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
Price: $32.58
6 used & new from $32.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little speaker with flashy things, April 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun little BT speaker. Sound quality is average with decent clarity and not a lot of power in the low end, basically what you'd expect from a speaker of this size. I have BT speakers that last longer on a charge, and BT speakers that sound a bit better, but none of them are this small and none of them have nifty lights on them like this.

Two of the lighting modes react to the levels in the music, while an additional 3 modes do not react to the music (they just scroll or flash at a preset rate). The 6th mode turns off the lighting completely. The entire exterior is a black soft touch rubberized material, and the speaker is somewhere behind the light panel, making it feel like the music is coming from the lights rather than next to them.

Overall, I like it. The lights are a nice gimmick but I think the small size might be its best quality.

Jarrow Formulas Krill Oil, Supports Brain, Memory, Energy, Cardiovascular Health, 60 Softgels
Offered by Glutenfree4U
Price: $17.49
32 used & new from $15.74

3.0 out of 5 stars I've noticed no aftertaste, but the price seems high to me for questionable added benefits., April 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Despite their awful (I mean really awful) smell, I didn't have any problem with the flavor "resurfacing" like I sort of expected to. From an Omega 3 standpoint, one serving (2 capsules) provides 260mg (EHA+DHA), and with 30 servings in the 60-count bottle, you're looking at at $0.59 per 260mg.

I compared to a bottle of Kirkland Signature fish oil capsules that we normally use, one of which provides 250mg (EHA+DHA) + 50mg of "other" Omega-3, whatever that means. One bottle contains 400 servings for under $12. The cost here is just under $0.03 per serving.

I'm not sure what actual, legitimate scientific evidence exists out there to suggest that this product is superior enough to my existing Omega 3 supplements to warrant a price increase of about 1,900%. While I'm happy that the pills taste far better than they smell, I'll be going back to my "cheap" supplements (which also have no aftertaste) after this bottle is completed.

DII 100% Portuguese Cork Coated Wine Or Champagne Ice Bucket With Impression For Bottle For Parties or Dinners
Price: $41.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big., April 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review is for the ice bucket, since Amazon inexplicably has decided to mix the reviews of several different products together.

I thought this would be a nice, unobtrusive way to put out a bottle of wine with dinner when we have guests over, but I don't know why I thought it would be smaller than this. It's big, taking up too much real estate on the table for my tastes. And as nice as it would be to have the bucket there to keep the wine cool, it's not worth crowding the table. And my friends probably wouldn't let a bottle of wine sit long enough for it to come up to room temperature anyway.

The build is good, it's solid and heavy. But it has the same footprint as three bottles of wine, just so you can keep one bottle cool. It's not for me.

South Main Hardware 810142 Shackle Mounted Key Storage Box with Resettable Lock Combination (1 Pack), Black
Price: $30.17

4.0 out of 5 stars All good things. The combination lock isn't the most awe-inspiring ..., March 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
All metal construction, a padded back to protect your door, and rubber protection surrounding the gate. All good things. The combination lock isn't the most awe-inspiring quality in that the dials feel a little imprecise, but this is a minor issue since it does work just fine for me.

The vast majority of the space inside is taken up by the combo lock, so while a house key or two would fit in there, that's about the extent of it. Of course, that's the point.

Archival Photo Pages Holds Two 8 x 10" Prints, Pack of 25
Archival Photo Pages Holds Two 8 x 10" Prints, Pack of 25
Offered by etailz
Price: $14.33
11 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for storing darkroom work prints, March 24, 2016
Perfect for storing darkroom work prints, final prints, and contact sheets. I had previously bought a package from a different company, but these are way better. These have a seam that separates the binder holes from the print, while the others didn't. These also look cleaner and clearer than the others. I've learned my lesson.

Matin Film Leader Retriever FILM PICKER for 35mm Cassettes Safe Films Extractor
Matin Film Leader Retriever FILM PICKER for 35mm Cassettes Safe Films Extractor
Offered by BeyondTrust
Price: $15.96
13 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works every time., March 24, 2016
When I worked in a photo lab, we used a tool exactly like this one to retrieve the leader from 35mm cartridges. I picked up this one recently when I started shooting 35mm film again, and it's still the best tool for the job. There are cheaper ways to get the job done, but this is by far the simplest and the safest.

Tera 9Pcs Rubber Lens Repair Tool Set Ring Filter Removal Spanner Wrench for Canon Nikon Sony Camera
Offered by primacy
Price: $70.00
2 used & new from $43.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Grippy., March 24, 2016
All the sizes you'll need. The grip is excellent, so little effort is required to get things spinning, and the soft rubber material won't mess with adjacent glass. The only issue I had was that it took me a while to get some of them initially separated, as one or two of them didn't want to come loose from the larger ones. It took several minutes of working with them, but I eventually got them separated.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20