Profile for Melissa Miller > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melissa Miller RSS Feed (usa)

What Came After
What Came After
by Sam Winston
Price: $12.93
29 used & new from $7.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting Dystopian Thriller, February 15, 2012
This review is from: What Came After (Paperback)
I loved this book and could not put it down once I started it. I'm a fan of dystopian fiction and this is one of the best that I have read. But I have to say that I began to wonder if this really WAS fiction. The writer's description of the landscape and people were well-developed and I felt as though I knew the hero intimately. The way that he forms his words and sentences really added a lot of feeling and depth to the story. This story was riveting, and depressing yet uplifting at the same time. I felt really that I need to learn more about genetic engineering of our food, that I am missing something important that is going on right under our noses. Cheers for this author and I cannot wait to read more of his work.

Wool 4: The Unraveling
Wool 4: The Unraveling
4 used & new from $82.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Wool 4: The Unraveling (Paperback)
In this 4th installment things are starting to get extremely suspenseful. I've grown fond of the Juliette character, and as in the past books have the eery feeling that I know this place well. I had to speed through the book because I was dying to know how this installment ended. Depressing as it is, there is beginning to be some hope. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment. The closing sentence of this book made me nearly jump up and down.

Wool 3 - Casting Off (Silo series)
Wool 3 - Casting Off (Silo series)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to these books, January 3, 2012
Ok, so the third installment of this story kept me up late into the night. The questions that I have been pondering are beginning to be answered, but even more appear. This story is the kind that stays with you, I thought about the situation and the characters, by now feeling that I am beginning to really understand them. The logistics of the silo life are amazing, the mechanics, the "laws" and unwritten rules, the culture, I felt that I was actually living in the silo. Luckily, I learned while reading this that book 4 is on the way out, so I downloaded that one, as well. There is much symbolism in these books, much of it, though peculiar, rings true in today's society.

Wool 2
Wool 2
6 used & new from $37.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuation of an amazing story, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Wool 2 (Paperback)
I read this book immediately upon completion of Wool 1. This is one of those rare books where you want to read it slowly because it is so well-written, and yet I had to hurry to find out what happened next. New characters are introduced, but not anew, rather built on from the previous story. I was excited to get to book 3. I hope that this series continues for several more installments, and I hope that this awesome writer receives the credit he deserves. Suspense, hope, dread, mystery, these books have it all and then some.

Wool
Wool
14 used & new from $38.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of my list for science fiction, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Wool (Paperback)
I downloaded this book with my new Amazon Fire, and before I was finished with the book I went back and purchased books 2 and 3. This book is excellent. There is a feeling of suspense and mystery from the start, and I found the story riveting. As a huge fan of apocalyptic and dystopian fiction, I look hard, usually in vain, for books that are well-crafted and realistic. This book exceeded my expectations by miles. The characters are well-developed without being ponderous our tedious, a huge feat for any writer.