Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Todd Hagley > Reviews

Browse

Todd Hagley's Profile

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Todd Hagley "groucho75" RSS Feed (Decatur, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cadbury Boost 4 Pack 302g
Cadbury Boost 4 Pack 302g
Offered by FreshBreathOnline
Price: $6.58
9 used & new from $6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Although it feels like the exact composition has changed a bit from 20 ..., March 11, 2015
This review is from: Cadbury Boost 4 Pack 302g (Misc.)
Gorgeous, lovely stuff. Although it feels like the exact composition has changed a bit from 20 years ago, Boost remains a stunning payload of chocolate, caramel, and crispy biscuit. The timing of delivery to the US was great considering it was free, but for future purchases I'll try to locate a larger offering to make the price a bit cheaper. I know this may require buying a box of 48, but I've yet to determine how that's a problem.

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein, Chocolate Peanut Butter, 1.95 lb. (885 g)
Offered by USA Online Bargains
Price: $33.45
10 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars For price and ease, it's a great product!, March 7, 2014
I've enjoyed this brand for about two years. For the level of protein and ease of use, it's become my go-to powder for post-workout recovery as well as the occasional meal replacement. What impresses me most is the taste with water; most powders lack in taste when mixing with water and who keeps milk in their gym bag all day? Body Fortress tastes good with ice cold water; when mixed with milk you could easily mistake it for a milkshake from the malt shop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 3:20 AM PDT

Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Offered by Perella's
Price: $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works without odor, losing too many bristles though...., February 26, 2014
For the price, this has been a good way to ease into old school brush shaving. While not wanting to spend a great amount on something I wasn't sure I'd stick with, the Escali has been reliable and easy to use. It's helped greatly by using a brush stand to allow it to dry after use; before then I'd wedge it in my shower caddy to prevent it from laying on the bristles.

Looking over the reviews, I was worried that the brush would smell, but aside from the initial wetting, this hasn't been an issue. I've been using the Proraso Sandlewood soap, so if that has something to do with it, so be it. I have been losing at least one to two bristles with a near daily shave lately, so I may have to replace this before too long. I'll probably need a new brush before new soap.

All in all, I would buy this again.

Fosmon Premium Quality Home Travel Charger Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab Tablet - 7.0 / 8.9 / 10.1 Inch
Offered by AVYDEN
Price: $4.65
2 used & new from $4.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., October 2, 2013
It's a charger; you plug it in and it makes your tablet not die. So, it does what it's supposed to do.

Only Revolutions [Explicit]
Only Revolutions [Explicit]
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Mon the Biffy!, February 23, 2013
Having heard the name for years and dismissing it as nutter rock, I only recently heard their new single "Black Chandeliers" on British radio; why haven't I embraced this band before now?! Bought this album and immediately fell under their spell. Tight, hooky, messy, sharp, pulsing, a great sense of wordplay and a sense of humor, this band should be the center of your life right now. Go ahead and get "Puzzles" first so you can appreciate the progression in their songwriting. Yes, a lot of earlier fans think they've gone too AOR or mainstream with this release, but if those fans decide to forsake Biffy, I'll gladly embrace the band in their place.

Drive Medical Pedal Exerciser with Attractive Silver Vein Finish, Silver Vein (Knock down)
Price: $23.99
52 used & new from $20.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even straight and true when assembled..., February 23, 2013
Well, you get what you pay for. I thought that perhaps this would be handy for having under my desk, but as soon as I got it out of the box, I knew this was going back to Amazon. The legs were not straight when assembled and instead of a large "I" footprint it looked more like a "Z". This can't be a design flaw; it has to be cheap manufacturing. Can't imagine I'd get a good week's use out of it.

So back it goes and I spend a little more to get an actual contained mini-cycle, not an exercise accessory that someone uses for a week and then puts in the attic...

The Club motorcycle club # MC 305
The Club motorcycle club # MC 305

5.0 out of 5 stars At this price, how can you not protect your wheels?, September 17, 2011
When I bought my scooter, I knew I needed something to lock it up; I had a steel coil combo lock that I used with my street bike, so rather than pay the huge markup at the dealer, I made do with that until I found this. Huge improvement in security, takes about 5 seconds to remove/install, four keys so I never have to worry about losing one. The thing weighs a ton and feels very sturdy and secure. My office and home are relatively safe so this lock suits me just fine. If I lived somewhere with more incidents of theft, I might combine this with a disc lock with alarm, but for quick in-and-outs this should give you real peace of mind. For the price alone with Prime shipping, this should be an immediate purchase.

Raider Deluxe Half Helmet (Gloss Black, Large)
Raider Deluxe Half Helmet (Gloss Black, Large)
Price: $49.95
5 used & new from $35.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Calling Spaceball One..., August 31, 2011
Purchased based mostly on price, but other reviews led me to believe this was going to be a good buy. Arrived quickly, and on first glance it is a gorgeous helmet. Glossy and plenty of padding; the chinstrap cinches with a slip buckle in place of a clasp if that makes a difference to you. The built-in neck protection hidden in the zipper looked nifty. Felt sturdy and weighty. Certainly was not going to test it by having my kid take a crack at my noggin with a baseball bat.

So why am I returning it? The large felt a little cramped; I had tried other helmets from various manufacturers and "Large" felt about right based on listed measurements. Got it out of the box and I looked like I had melon on my head. I looked like a prison guard from "Spaceballs" and that would not give me confidence to be seen in traffic.

If I had a smaller head I'd probably love it, but with that in mind, it's going back.

Black Books - The Complete First Series
Black Books - The Complete First Series
DVD ~ Dylan Moran
Offered by Definitive Discs & Collectibles
Price: $69.95
21 used & new from $13.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Bernard Black is a misanthropic, drunken git; and you'll love him for it., August 28, 2006
Black Books is a charming, absurdist situation comedy series set in a bookshop. "Charming," you ask? "The main character is a nasty, morose, chain-smoking drunk with a neurotic for a best friend and a bearded simpleton for an employee." Ah, but what's what makes it such a gem of writing and acting.

Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey met during the Edinburgh Fringe and were the top two contenders for the Perrier Prize. Moran came out on top, but remembered Bailey a few years later when he was offered his own show. Moran's character of an ill-tempered grouch is matched perfectly by Bailey's good-hearted goof, and their chemistry as Bernard and Manny is what makes Black Books such enjoyable viewing. Tamsin Grieg is a good comic actress, but I found Fran Katzenjammer to be a little grating at times. Her character does develop more in subsequent seasons, so don't discount her performance.

Fans of Father Ted, Spaced, BlackAdder, and Little Britain should adore this show, and if I have to explain that any further then you should go back to watching "According To Jim".

It's rare to find comedies that are as intelligent as funny, and Black Books is a prime example of such shows. Of course it'd never take off in America, but I thought the same thing about The Office. Please, please, please do not remake this as an American sit-com.

For reasons unknown, Comedy Central used to run this early Sunday mornings back in 2001 before dropping it from the roster. I had only caught two episodes before and was distraught at its departure. Cue to last year and its Region 1 release and my frabjous rapture.

Bring on season Two (and Three...)

The Original Bialetti Moka Express Made in Italy 3-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker with Patented Valve
Price: $20.99
35 used & new from $16.27

5.0 out of 5 stars The only drawback? You'll need a larger one for company..., August 3, 2005
Recently picked up a 3 cup Bialetti Moka Express while on holiday and couldn't wait to get it home and broken in. I've tried stove-top Italian coffee makers before, and this model has not disappointed.

Sturdy and well made, this unit only has about five parts, all of them metal or heavy-duty plastic so very little can go wrong. This should last ages if properly cared for.

Just remember to keep it simple; fresh, cold water in the lower chamber (stopping *before* you get to the brass outlet valve) and fill the grounds basket with an espresso grind coffee (good excuse to buy more coffee) without packing it too tightly. Place on your stovetop ring and don't go anywhere. Wait a few minutes, and you have an excellent espresso to start the day or to add to steamed milk after dinner. I can't wait to have some with a cigar this weekend. I've been trying some Cafe Bustello the last few mornings and it's been great. Yeah, I know it's canned, but so are most of the coffees in Italy and Latin America.

The only problem I can foresee is needing a larger one for company, but unless you need gallons of espresso each morning, this is great for two to share.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2015 2:02 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6