Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Diana Morgan > Reviews

Browse

Diana Morgan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diana Morgan RSS Feed

Child's Play: The Berenstain Baby Boom, 1946-1964 - Cartoon Art of Stan and Ja n Berenstain
by Stan Berenstain
40 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I knew that I had to have it to see the wonderful and very human art that these covers actually were, November 20, 2014
Long before the Berenstain Bears came on the scene, Stan and Jan Berenstain in the 1950's drew covers for Collier's magazine. You had to go through every inch to get the full wonder of their delightful.illustrations. Something going on everywhere!
When I saw this book, I knew that I had to have it to see the wonderful and very human art that these covers actually were! Norman Rockwell was easy to find, for his covers of the Saturday Evening Post, but the Berenstain covers were lost, it seemed.
While many of those covers are reproduced in this book, the pages are a little too small to contain all of the whimsy and pranks that the children were up to, and the grownup's reaction to them. But it's the best that I find available, which is why I'm giving it four stars.
I would have preferred double spreads or foldouts of those wonderful covers instead of of some of the single-panel cartoons that are in here.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars The language and similes are more cloyingly sweet than any of the pastry recipes that adorn some ..., November 20, 2014
This is the first Jodi Picoult novel I read, and I borrowed it for something to read on vacation. Well, I'm back home now, and I've gagged down as much of this piece of claptrap that I can.The language and similes are more cloyingly sweet than any of the pastry recipes that adorn some of the chapters.
Any book that includes names like Willow and Piper and isn't about the Palin family kind of gives the first clue. The characters are neither believable nor likeable, and any well-meaning characters are set up to be demeaned.Sean looks like Brad Pitt, but he is happy that Charlotte does not look like Angelina Jolie. She is alternately soft and round or petite and strong instead .Flowery words and metaphors abound.The little girl spouts off non sequitur trivia and wants to be a beekeeper when she grows up (She is five) and reads at the sixth grade level.The older girl is a piece of work, which is no wonder, when she's basically either ignored or reprimanded by her parents throughout the book. As an example, on a trip to Disneyland, the family can only ride rides that are safe for the little girl. No thought of splitting up so that one of the parents can take her on a ride she would enjoy.
Now, as I understand it, someone who sues for wrongful birth would be willing to swear truthfully that had they been told of the findings that they would have chosen to terminate the pregnancy. Did this happen?Is this something that's routinely screened for at 18 weeks?And yes, pregnancies can be terminated at 27 weeks.No, I haven't read to the end of the book to find out, nor will I . This book is a waste of time.

Pokemon Trading Card Game: HeartGold SoulSilver Trainer Kit
Pokemon Trading Card Game: HeartGold SoulSilver Trainer Kit
Offered by CoolStuffIncgames
Price: $45.95
5 used & new from $45.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Hours of Fun, December 31, 2010
This item was on my grandson's Wishlist. He and his father had a great time playing this game over the holidays and even went out and bought more cards. They did seem to enjoy it, and the price was right.

Pokemon Center Official Nintendo Pokemon Center Canvas Plush Stuffed Toy - 4" Lapras
62 used & new from $59.40

1.0 out of 5 stars So little for so much, December 31, 2010
This was on my grandson's Wishlist, and I know that he is very much into Pokemon and collects these, so I did get it for him. What amazes me is that such a little, very ordinary, stuffed creature that doesn't do anything should cost so much. Not worth it.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2012 7:24 PM PDT

Seinfeld: The Complete Series
Seinfeld: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Jerry Seinfeld
22 used & new from $67.73

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift of "Seinfeld", December 19, 2009
We have always enjoyed "Seinfeld", and when my son put it on his Wishlist, and the price was so reasonable,I had to get it for him!

I expect him to lend it to me so that I can watch it too!

Our whole family can pretty much identify the storylines -- and for a show that was supposedly about "nothing", there were always three or four -- within the first few seconds of the show. So many things that happen in daily life remind us of something in a "Seinfeld" episode!

I know that we'll all enjoy this complete collection!

Hot Wheels T-REX Rampage Play Set
Hot Wheels T-REX Rampage Play Set
Offered by Matty's Toy Stop
Price: $99.95
10 used & new from $44.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Wheels Fun, January 6, 2009
This was a Christmas gift requested by my seven-year-old grandson, who is a big Hot Wheels fan. These sets are relatively inexpensive, fit well with other sets and provide a lot of fun for the imaginative child who can dream up stunts and adventures for his many Hot Wheels cars. A good choice, I would say.

Christmas With The Rat Pack
Christmas With The Rat Pack
Offered by Desert Owl Fulfillment
Price: $10.46
49 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love This!, December 6, 2007
I have to say that "Christmas With the Rat Pack" is now my favorite Christmas album and has first place in my CD lineup.

It's happy, it's cheery, and it's a compilation of the familiar, with a few new songs.

The title may conjure up images of Frank Sinatra punching out some guy in Las Vegas, but the music itself speaks of the joy and celebration of the holiday season. Something much needed these days. Most of the songs were recorded in the sixties and seventies, and at least one was previously unreleased.

The standards are here, including some beautifully sung carols, plus a few new (to me ) pieces. A far cry from artists who feel they must put their own often caterwauling spin on beloved Christmas carols, and none of those "downer" Christmas songs about loneliness and alienation at Christmas, Third World starvation, and the like, or cheesy novelty songs.

This CD brings smiles and lifts spirits. It works for parties, present-wrapping, tree-trimming, cookie-baking, and all of the other good things that accompany Christmas.

I highly recommend it!