Profile for black habbit > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

black habbit "cto" RSS Feed (fort laud)

Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
Price: $149.95
75 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got one and couldn't be happier., April 11, 2014
My wife and I have been looking around for the best juicer the meets our needs. The prerequisite for this was price, ease of cleaning, reliability. Size was a concern too, however it was not a deal breaker. First off this juicer looks very modern and doesn't have that typical shop vac look to it, we actually keep it out on our counter because it looks so nice. Secondly the price was almost unbeatable, although we did not get it from Amazon (we were but wanted it that day) we got it for the same price on sale. This point alone got us a quality juicer for a price comparable to the lower end ones we kept seeing everywhere. One of the most important things aside from power that makes a juicer stand out from the others is its ease of cleaning. Most juicers we found had a very difficult disassembly routine that was so tedious and required a special tool that it made us feel this might be an appliance we should just reconsider. This one, on the other hand, has to be as easy, if not easier to clean than a blender. Actually I timed how long it would take to clean the entire unit and it took less than 5 minutes to thoroughly clean it ( I wasn't trying to rush through it either) .My parents have the Jack Lalane one and it takes them almost 10 minutes to do what took me less than 5. Not only is it so easy to clean, but it is super powerful and adjusts it power accordingly. We did a range of veggies this morning and when in "hard" mode it would alternate its power to how tough the veggie was to juice. From what I've read this unit is about 3 and a half times the power of the Jack Lalane one, and it is totally obvious how much more powerful this thing is, you never hear it struggle or sound like its being overloaded. We've juiced whole apples and multiple carrots at a time with no issues. So, to summarize this whole long review. If you are looking for a powerful, sleek looking, easy to clean appliance that can be disassembled and reassembled within a matter of minutes, this is the juicer for you! As of yet we could not be happier, and the cleaning brush it comes with is such a great addition to maintenance.
One issue to consider is that pulp will sometimes build up in the chute that brings it to the pulp reservoir, so when taking the top part off this be careful or the pulp to fall all over the counter. I just take the entire assembly off of the base and dissemble in the sink to prevent this. But is the only issue I've found thus far.

Beechfield Unisex Slouch Winter Beanie Hat (One Size) (Burgundy)
Beechfield Unisex Slouch Winter Beanie Hat (One Size) (Burgundy)
Offered by Severyn Direct Ltd UK 7-10 Days Delivery
Price: $6.70
4 used & new from $5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it!!, March 2, 2014
For this price I would have to say this beanie fits better than my $30 ones. Wait time for it was longer than most other things I've got on Amazon, however this thing fits so nice. I love it, even if your thinking about getting it, you should for its price.

Anker® Screen Protector for Google Nexus 5 [3 Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great **UPDATED**, March 2, 2014
Doesn't stick to the phone very well.. My protector that came with a case I bought was really cheap and adhered better than this one. The texture is nice, it feels almost like the original screen. Finger print magnet if that matters to anyone. It works but is not the greatest on the Nexus 5.

*********************************UPDATED REVIEW BELOW*************************************************************

After reviewing this item poorly, a rep from Anker emailed me to see if there was a way to make my experience with the product better. So, they offered to send me the matte version of the same protector. I -of course- excepted the offer and received it fairly quickly. Now that the matte version is on my Nexus it feels better and seems to be sticking better as well. I've only had it on my device for a little over a day at this point and I really dont see any corners popping up like I did on the clear version. Coming from only using protectors that require water to install, I will say this type of dry install is not superior or even equal to the wet kind, but it does work and seems to be a nice product when it sticks. So thank you Anker, if for nothing else than your amazing customer service.

Ready SIM Talk+Text+Data 14 Day: Unlimited Talk+Text + 1GB Data 4G
Ready SIM Talk+Text+Data 14 Day: Unlimited Talk+Text + 1GB Data 4G
Offered by HollyCellular
Price: $35.00
9 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea for Foreigners!, March 2, 2014
Gonna make this short and sweet.. This sim is the standard size and needs to be cut down if you have a micro or nano sim, google the template to make it fit these sizes and it will work. (cutting is required so if your not very good at cutting or making lines don't do this.. I did it and was a little tough.) The calls were fine, all my incoming and outgoing calls and texts worked perfectly. However the internet is super slow, GPS works but browsing can be a little sluggish. On average I had speeds of 1.5 mbps when I checked on my speed test, that was supposedly on 4g.. YIKES!! Otherwise its great!

Max Payne 3 - Xbox 360
Max Payne 3 - Xbox 360
Offered by Flawless Deals
Price: $11.94
250 used & new from $0.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Max Payne: Old Memories, Some Modern Frustrations., September 13, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not one to write a super lengthy review. Personally, I skip the ones that are longer than 2 or 3 short paragraphs just for the fact that if I wanted to read a blog, I would, and that is why most people read reviews and not blogs. Anyhow, this game is definitely a nostalgic piece of gaming art. As for the single player perspective, this game is very much like the other 2 that preceded it. Blood, gore, unique shooting angles, and a pretty damn tight storyline are to be expected with this latest instalment. The voice actors are great and at times I feel as though I'm watching a movie opposed to playing a game, this is something I rarely see, and has left me figuring all games have terrible story lines. There's just way too many games with sloppy story lines and boring scenes, so much that I don't even watch if I can opt out of it -- just keep pressing "B" is usually how I address story lines. The scenes can be choppy at times and rendering can lag causing the definition of the environment to take a few seconds to catch up. However, when scenes are rendered smoothly this game is a visual masterpiece.

As for the gameplay, it has a nice forward moving pace that keeps the player interested and not feeling like they are unable to control the games outcome. You will die a lot, you will run out of bullets, and you will fail timed missions. The AI is somewhat moderate compared to other games, the "bad guys" will try to figure out ways to kill you, yet they are quite robotic at times. One cool thing I want to point out is that I've noticed that when one of the guys dropped their gun, it fired on the floor like a real life scenario, so realism is definitely part of this game more than in others.

Online play is horrible in my opinion. It's a lacklustre, archaic, boiler-plate of almost every third-person shooter. For such a revolutionary game, I would expect there to be some sort of creativity featured in the online portion, yet thats a big fat NOPE!

Overall this game is well worth it's asking price, though I got it for $19, I would be willing to pay its normal price of when its not on sale. I've played all Max Payne games many times, and beat them over and over, with this addition to the trilogy I plan to do the same. Online gameplay will most likely be never used due to its horrible gameplay and I would not recommend it to anyone who enjoys using Xbox Live for other shooter type games --trust me you will be disappointed with this. I highly recommend this game in it's single-player form. Get it, you won't regret it!

Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)
Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This game will make you a zombie!!, June 2, 2011
I am not a gamer when it comes to mobile devices, just PS3 and Xbox are my gaming consoles. After seeing this for free on Amazon I figured I'd give it a shot, well I am not at all disappointed and now I am addicted to playing this game. I'm actually on my lunch break from work and playing it as I type. Though I got this game for free, I definitely see it worth the $1.50 price tag. Get it you wont regret it, trust me. I'm currently using it on my Xoom and the picture isn't perfect but it's good enough to enjoy thoroughly.

Digital Concepts TR-60N Camera Tripod with Carrying Case
Digital Concepts TR-60N Camera Tripod with Carrying Case
Offered by ShopCell
Price: $15.99
8 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tripod in world for the price...., March 1, 2006
I have been looking at tripods for about 3 months and I really did not like the fact the most are 50.00 and up for a lot of nothing. Most dont have the hook on the bottom for a weight that I was looking at for the price. I saw this one and figured I would give it a shot for 20 bux and I am glad I did. After comparing mine against my buddies $56.00 tripod, I really see that it was worth the money, They are both almost identical but his is more plasticy and doest have the weight hook on it. The hook is a great feature, once you hook one up to it the tripod feels like its part of the floor. definately a key feature. love it all around. My only gripe is that I wish it was a little taller..Im 6 foot and a 59-62 would be a great size for me but thats the only gripe and I really could care less..