Profile for Luke Sullivan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Luke Sullivan RSS Feed

The On-Demand Brand: 10 Rules for Digital Marketing Success in an Anytime, Everywhere World
by Rick Mathieson
Price: $9.98
28 used & new from $1.76

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the first and best books on digital advertising, October 21, 2013
I loved this book. So much, in fact, that I quoted from it several times in the 4th edition of my own advertising book, "Hey Whipple, Squeeze This: The Classic Guide to Creating Great Advertising." I also use it in the classes I teach at the Savannah College of Art & Design. Really good stuff.

A Cavalcade of Lesser Horrors
A Cavalcade of Lesser Horrors
by Peter Smith
Price: $16.16
43 used & new from $0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars A book is like a cabin fireplace in the mind. No, seriously., September 22, 2011
Like I said about Smith's first book, this guy soooo reminds me of E.B.White. Most people know E.B.White for "Charlotte's Web" (which was, of course, great). But White's greatest skill was as an essayist for Harper's magazine back in the '30s and '40s and - damn - could the guy write. Well, reading Smith's verbal Polaroids of life in the '50s and '60s makes me feel the same way -- they are just as evocative and as deliciously well-written as the Master's. A great book to cozy up with in bed because the short essays make it easy to say, "Okay, just one more before I turn out the light."

Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation
Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation
by Sally Hogshead
Price: $15.65
97 used & new from $9.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Biz book that reads like a book-book, February 11, 2010
Am really enjoying Hogshead's new book. Am always wary of biz books that come out and invent some fake list of must-do's.
But Sally makes her case well with good writing and wide research. Feels even a little Malcolm Gladwell-esque in a "Wow, I never thought of it that" way.

Baked In: Creating Products and Businesses That Market Themselves
Baked In: Creating Products and Businesses That Market Themselves
by A. M. Bogusky
59 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, from the people who kinda invented this idea, October 9, 2009
These are the guys who took Burger King out of the early 1970s and made it a cool brand again.
And did it not by running a commercial that said, "Hey, you can have chicken YOUR way." They helped Burger King PROVE it -- by getting client to introduce "Chicken Fries." A handy, car-friendly way to have chicken my way. The proof (and the marketing) is in the product. Later on they also brought "Chicken my way" to delightful life in the famous website "Subservient Chicken." Way cool.

Hey Alex, John? Can I run an ad for MY book here? I can?? Really? Oh great. Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This: A Guide to Creating Great Advertising (Adweek Magazine Series)

Pick Me : Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There
Pick Me : Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There
by Nancy Vonk
Price: $16.13
85 used & new from $2.07

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book., September 26, 2005
I haven't even finished reading this book yet and am logging on to tell students, interns, and all people new to the ad biz, buy this book. Buy it even before you buy the one I wrote ("Hey Whipple, Squeeze This. - A Guide To Creating Great Ads"). I'm serious. Well, okay, buy this one first. But then buy TWO copies of "Hey Whipple."
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2011 8:32 PM PDT