Profile for Warren in Michigan & Nevada > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Warren in Michigan & Nevada RSS Feed

Pana-vue 3 Slide Viewer for Viewing 35mm Transparencies
Pana-vue 3 Slide Viewer for Viewing 35mm Transparencies
Offered by Kellards
Price: $6.95
7 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive solution for glare on digital camera's LCD screen, May 1, 2010
Most of the smaller digital cameras available today do not have an optical viewfinder. They depend on an LCD screen on the back of the camera to compose the picture. A common problem is that on a bright sunny day it can be difficult to see anything on the LCD screen, except maybe your own reflection.

This old style slide viewer can be modified in a way that allows it to be held up against the LCD screen of a digital camera. The screen is then shielded from the sun and the operator's eye looks through the small end of the viewer. This system becomes almost like an optical viewfinder.

The modification involves cutting off the opaque ( light colored ) end of the viewer with a hacksaw. This is an easy operation. Then lightly file and sand the cut area.
Lastly I cut some fuzzy side Velcro that had a peel-off sticky back so I could attach it to the cut face of the viewer and avoid scratching the LCD screen. Some good kitchen shears will cut these narrow strips of Velcro easily. Sticky side felt strips should work well too.

This modified viewer has an open end of 1-3/4 inches square which does not cover the entire LCD. However the viewer magnifies what it sees by 2X. I have found that it makes me more careful about looking at the entire scene when composing the image.

This slide viewer does everything that I hoped it would at a low cost.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2013 6:20 PM PST

Nikon 8-24x25 Travelite V Zoom Binocular
Nikon 8-24x25 Travelite V Zoom Binocular

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable versatility !, October 5, 2009
I wanted binoculars that are clear, easy to carry and use but had the capability of increased magnification when needed. My Nikon 8 to 24 zoom binos are just what I hoped for. They weigh less than 14 Oz and are convenient to carry in a belly pack on hikes or when vacationing. They are clear and easy to operate. The maximum magnification will not be used every time and it requires a steady hold but it is available if desired. Just knowing that the power is there gives me confidence that I am going to get more out of my travels.

The view is sharp out to the edges in all magnifications. In late evening this product does not gather as much light as some 8 x 50 or 10 x 50 glasses will do but the Nikon zoom still allows me to see subjects very well. My binoculars have an ease of use, with or without eye glasses.

I rated this product at five stars because it was compared with what I required and NOT against some $ 2000 pair of fixed magnification binoculars.

How many times have you wanted to get "closer" to something in nature or an item of interest while on vacation ? You may never have a second chance, so be ready.