Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for nehumanuscrede > Reviews

Browse

nehumanuscrede's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nehumanuscrede RSS Feed

Battlefield 3 [Download]
Battlefield 3 [Download]
Price: $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 3, October 10, 2012
After building a new PC, I thought I would give Battlefield 3 a go.

Gone are the days of simply putting in the disc, letting it install, then playing the game. Oh no. Now we have to hop through the hoops of the publishers in the HOPE that the game will actually install and play at all. Want to know why the PC game market is imploding ? It isn't the content of the games, it's the GD DRM bullsh*t you force us through. It's easier to buy the damn console version.

Case in point:

In order to even INSTALL BF3, you must first install the EA Origin service. Once installed, it will tell you an update is available, so you can sit some more while it downloads and installs the Origin update. At this point you can actually START the install of the game itself. Probably took thirty plus minutes ( at least ) to install the game from both DvD's. This on a brand new, state of the art system.

Okay, it's finally installed. Lets play ! Oh nay, nay. There is an update ! ( :| ) Not only an update, but an excruciatingly SLOW download from the EA servers. ( I have a 6-8MB download from a cable modem setup ) Another 30 to 45 minutes goes by before the update is fully downloaded and installed.

Great. Game is installed, update finally downloaded and installed. Let's play.

Fire it up, and my browser ( Firefox ) pops up. I look through the buttons and find the " play campaign " button and give it a click.

It then informs me I need to install a browser PLUGIN for Firefox before I can play the damn game. Ok, SCREW THIS.

At this point I am so pissed off at the entire process, I uninstall the entire mess and ensure every trace of anything EA or Origin is eradicated from my machine. I will take the damn game into the back yard, douse it with something flammable and sacrifice it to the Gods of DRM. They can take this piece of sh*t back as I will have nothing to do with it.

I will not purchase another game from EA that requires Origin to run. Period. Ever. Complete waste of my time.

Dear EA, if this is the future of your games, you can keep them. I don't give a damn how popular or amazing the game may be. If I have to go through all of THIS crap just to play your games, I won't bother.

Here is how it should work:

Buy game -> take home -> install game onto machine -> click desktop icon to start game -> enjoy game

That's it. That's all. You've turned a simple concept into the most botched up system the world has ever seen.

Fire your entire company and start over because you're doing it wrong.

Hugs and kisses, an EA free gamer.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2015 5:09 PM PDT