Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for R. Dodd > Reviews

Browse

R. Dodd's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Dodd RSS Feed (Dallas, TX US)

Page: 1 | 2
Teva Men's Jetter Sandal,Cigar,12 M US
Teva Men's Jetter Sandal,Cigar,12 M US
Offered by Shoe Station
Price: $84.95
2 used & new from $84.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I have worn Teva sandals for over two years almost nonstop, October 14, 2015
This review is from: Teva Men's Jetter Sandal (Shoes)
I bought these sandals to replace the Teva sandals that I have worn virtually year-around, virtually every day for 2 and a half years. Teva sandals are the most comfortable, durable, and relatively affordable sandals I have ever worn.

The sandals are just a pinch less wide near the toes than I would like, but I have very big and wide feet. My only real complaint about them is that the straps are very difficult to get out of the loops to loosen the sandal, and in fact I would not recommend trying to remove the straps from the loops altogether as the plastic bit at the end is likely to get stuck hard inside the loop. Just loosen it enough to get your foot out.

These quibbles aside, Teva makes a super sandal as is testified by the fact that I have worn them almost nonstop for 2 and a half years. These are just as good as the ones I got before and maybe slightly better because I like the leatherish padding inside the sandal - the rubber padding in my previous one tended to attract crud. A great sandal and a great price for what you get.

Giordano Libero Acciao Road Bike, 700c, Red, Small
Giordano Libero Acciao Road Bike, 700c, Red, Small
Price: $314.99
3 used & new from $314.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value in a steel road bike, September 9, 2015
It is very hard to find a bike that fits me, I am quite short (5'4") with short legs. I got the small, which is still just a tad big for me. I would probably have benefited from a 48cm frame, but that's not the bike's fault. Otherwise, I can't say enough good things about this bike, especially at this price. Rugged yet fast, it seems like a bike that could last many years with proper care. As long as you take care not to be pedaling too hard when you shift, shifting is very smooth and the integrated shifters are a pleasure to use.

I did replace the seat, the seat seemed a bit spartan for me and so I went with something more comfortable. I have gotten miles of good use out of it. One note, you may want to have the derailleurs adjusted at a shop, my chain rubs slightly on the front derailleur when the chain is on the largest rear gear (lowest gear), and others have noticed minor adjustments were needed which is probably normal with a delivered bike.

A rugged yet fast steel road bike with integrated shifting for this price? Can't beat it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2015 12:44 AM PST

TRU-SPEC Men's Tru Security Friendly Belt, Tan, XX-Large
TRU-SPEC Men's Tru Security Friendly Belt, Tan, XX-Large
Price: $9.95
4 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, long enough, September 7, 2014
Cheap, sturdy, long enough, pretty much everything I was looking for in a cheap belt. Highly recommended for your cheap belt needs.

CORN, BLUE HOPI, HEIRLOOM, ORGANIC 20+ SEEDS, GREAT FOR MAKING BLUE CORN FLOUR
CORN, BLUE HOPI, HEIRLOOM, ORGANIC 20+ SEEDS, GREAT FOR MAKING BLUE CORN FLOUR
Offered by Country Creek Acres
Price: $4.00
8 used & new from $4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Full germination, May 10, 2014
In retrospect buying only 20 seeds was probably not enough, and a couple of the seeds looked like they were missing part of their germ ends or at least the little tip where it joins the cob, but of the 12 I planted I got full germination and they all are healthy plants. Some are growing more vigorously than others of course but all in good health. Even the bugs seem to stay away from them which surprises me. I have them growing up with haricot tarbais beans which are growing up a little faster than they, I think next time I will plant the beans a month later than I did to give the corn a chance to grow up more before the beans start wanting to use them as a trellis. My only regrets are that I didn't get more seed and plant more corn. ;)

200 PEREDOVIK Sunflower Seeds ~ Game Birds & Deer Favorite~ PLOT FOOD WILDLIFE ~
Offered by MySeeds.Co
Price: $7.95
3 used & new from $4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Every seed planted germinated, April 23, 2014
Granted I only planted 4 of the seeds (I don't have much room), and I hand-picked the healthiest looking seeds, but every seed planted germinated quite robustly. Can't ask for much more than that!

Teva Men's Tanza Sandal,Brown,12 M US
Teva Men's Tanza Sandal,Brown,12 M US
Price: $59.95
19 used & new from $59.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Initially uncomfortable but well built, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Teva Men's Tanza Sandal (Apparel)
When I first got this sandal, the arch support in the sole was rather annoying because I have fairly flat feet and was used to wearing flat sandals. However I have since gotten used to that feature and am generally impressed with the ruggedness of the sandal especially compared to my previous Target-brand sandal that started to fall apart not long after I got it. The materials of the sole and especially the footbed appear to be very durable, especially as compared to the type of sandal that has a very thin veneer of leatherish material over foam, as was the case with my last sandal. While it can be hard to predict such things, I would guess from its current condition and appearance to be a sandal that would last a long time, which is good for me because sandals are my primary footwear. Not quite as comfortable as my previous flimsy sandals, but still very serviceable and I am guessing they will become more comfortable as I break them in.

SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition
Price: $17.50
112 used & new from $2.92

4.0 out of 5 stars There were problems, sure, but don't overlook a great game., March 30, 2013
Everyone by now who keeps up with goings on in the computer and video game world knows what happened when SimCity was released. It was a fiasco, it was a debacle of epic proportions, and it was inexcusable. That said, get over it.

SimCity also happens to be a highly enjoyable game. Since I got the DVD version, I missed the worst few days of the release and by the time I got it installed everything was smooth sailing. Unlike in SimCity 4 which crashed pretty frequently, I have never lost data at all in any of my regions in this version of SimCity. Watching your city grow is many times more interesting than in any other SimCity to date, which the realistic day and night cycle only enhances. Get down in the streets and watch your Sims walk around, get educated, hang out in parks, become homeless, rob stores and get arrested. Watch as the sun goes down and the lights come on. Yes the always-online requirement is a tad annoying, and I am on wireless which is not always totally reliable, but the game gives you 20 minutes of leeway to get reconnected which for me has always been enough. Yes, the city sizes are smaller now, but space is relative. Much more complexity is going on in that smaller space.

Plusses:
Beautiful graphics, fascinating street scenes, intuitive interfaces, a game that is easy to get into but difficult to completely master, wonderful music and audio effects.

Minuses:
Internet connection required to play, smaller city sizes, sometimes quirky agent AI, sometimes erratic region/multiplayer issues, some uncertainty as to whether we will be able to play the game 10 years down the road because of the dependence on EA's servers.

Perfect, no. Game of the Year, no. Damn well worth playing, yes.

Microtel Computer® AMTI9025 Gaming Computer with 3.4GHz AMD Phenom II x4 965 Quad-Core processor, 8GB DDR3/1333, 1TB, 24X DVD-RW, NVIDIA GeForce HD N550 GTX-TI 1GB GDDR5 Video Card, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full Version CD - 64 bit +WIFI. SEE SKU TI9087

4.0 out of 5 stars Warranty service went above the call, December 15, 2011
Nobody likes it when their new computer is DOA, but Microtel went above and beyond to make it right. The power supply was DOA on this unit, so I emailed Microtel and explained the problem, and they sent out a new power supply straight away. And, instead of the generic power supply that the computer originally had, they sent me a brand name new (not refurbished) power supply and it came in a week.

It would have been good if there had been more detailed specs like one poster said, the wifi was wireless N instead of wireless G which my router broadcasts and I didn't see anything that told which kind of wifi it had, but that's not a huge deal. Just popped in a USB wireless G adapter and I am up and rolling.

And there is the low price, which attracted me to it originally. :D For a gaming computer made by a company that stands by their products, it was a heck of a deal. I notice that the price has gone up a bit however.

Elgin Travel Alarm Clock
Elgin Travel Alarm Clock
Offered by toolboxsupply
Price: $11.49
2 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, a bargain, September 1, 2009
This review is from: Elgin Travel Alarm Clock (Kitchen)
I don't need a fancy clock radio with displays of what time it is all over the planet or a CD player. I just need the simplest possible alarm clock that works, and which I can take with me anywhere. This alarm clock fits that bill perfectly and is cheap to buy.

Setting the alarm couldn't be easier, although it is hard to make sure you have moved the slider to the correct position because if you have big thumbs like me, your thumbs cover the writing. Setting the time similarly, couldn't be easier. Bouncing around in my backpack hasn't harmed it, the alarm is nice and loud and appropriately annoying, and it even has a snooze.

Damn near a perfect product because it does what you want for a low price.

The Big Show / Springtime In the Rockies
The Big Show / Springtime In the Rockies
DVD ~ Gene Autry
Offered by Redbeard Resale
Price: $9.98
29 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for State Fair of Texas/Fair Park fans, January 7, 2009
I bought this movie (Big Show) for one reason alone, which is that it was mostly filmed at the 1936 Texas Centennial at Fair Park, showing the Art Deco buildings as they existed then, including many buildings that no longer exist. For fans of Fair Park in Dallas, which is the largest collection of Art Deco exhibition halls in existence, it is a treat. For anyone else, it is a very pleasantly fun movie but not something I would necessarily buy unless I were a Western Comedy fan or a Gene Autry fan. The other movie, Springtime in the Rockies, I have not seen.

Page: 1 | 2