Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Silvana D. > Reviews

Browse

Silvana D.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Silvana D. "glass queen" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
LUXOR Standup-CF48-DW Stand Up Desk, Crank Adjustable, 48"
LUXOR Standup-CF48-DW Stand Up Desk, Crank Adjustable, 48"
Offered by OJ Commerce
Price: $342.96
11 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My spinal disks are thrilled, June 29, 2016
After years of sitting at a desk and pounding code, my lower back took a hit. It has become increasingly impossible to sit so something had to change. My profession or my habits. So I opted to change my habits. I researched various "stand up desks" including the Varidesk and came across this desk. I like the fact the desk surface isn't split into two levels like the Varidesk and others like it. It holds two laptops with two 21" monitors, one laptop is used with its monitor (so three monitors are going at once ), two full size IBM keyboards (yes the beasts from the past), a desk phone and more. I stand 90% of the time working away and my back is no longer screaming from pain. The desk is easily adjusted up and down with a crank that can be placed on either side. I assembled the desk myself and only required assistance to flip it right side up. Probably a person taller than I could handle flipping it right side up by themselves. This is a substantial desk - not cheesy. The desk is quite strong and easy to assemble. It arrived in three boxes which were easy to handle alone. Love the locking wheels and also the fact it wasn't obscenely expensive. Highly recommended.

Vello Speedy Camera Rotating Flash Bracket with TTL Off-Camera Flash Cord for Nikon Cameras (1.5') Kit
Offered by iStockOnline
Price: $33.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not designed for a real camera and speedlight. Maybe a Barbie camera would work, June 28, 2016
I bought this to use with a D810 and SB-910 flash. Superficially it fit both camera and flash, along with a 24-70 mm lens. However, that's where the 'fit' ends. The connectors are cheesy. The foam grip is comfortable (the one star rating was earned because of it). The frame buckles when turned to portrait mode. Pinched clothing and fingers are a given. Twice the flash came off, dangling from the the cord (which works well). The third time the speedlight detached from the cord and bounced on the ground. This after vigilantly checking connections throughout the day. Luckily the speedlight wasn't damaged. The sickening feeling of watching it bounce on the ground still lingers.

JJC DLP-7 Deluxe Lens Pouch Bag Case for Sigma 150-500mm, 150-600mm Tele Lens (Black)
Offered by EasyFoto
Price: $19.28
12 used & new from $18.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case for big glass, March 4, 2016
I bought this for my Nikkor 200-500mm lens. It fits well, albeit without the lens hood. The strap is rather cheesy and I plan on replacing it but overall a very nice case. Nicely padded and constructed.

Manfrotto 393 Heavy Telephoto Lens Support for Monopod Replaces 3421
Manfrotto 393 Heavy Telephoto Lens Support for Monopod Replaces 3421
Price: $174.00
10 used & new from $139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Got big rigs? You need this, March 4, 2016
I have a couple of big lenses. A Nikkor 80-400mm and a Nikkor 200-500mm. Either of these paired with a full frame camera (mine is a D810) and you can toss the gym weights. Don’t get me wrong, you can shoot these lenses handheld well but for night and/or landscape photography you quickly discover that a sturdy tripod is a must. The Manfrotto 393 is simple, elegant and designed to bear a hefty weight. I considered several other heads, including ball and gimbal designs. I already have a ball head, I didn’t want another and gimbal heads, although would serve the purpose well, were too pricey for me. This head is a complementary beast to my lenses, strong and super smooth in operation. Where you point it. there it stays. No drifting, no nose dive, nothing. I paired it with a Benro A2580F Classic tripod. I also liked the fact that it came with the quick release plate. What a concept – I didn’t have to buy it separately like I had to with my Acratech. I have lost the anxiety I had when using my big rig on lesser heads. Highly recommended. If I could give it more than 5 stars I gladly would.

Astromania Metal T-ring Adapter for Nikon DSLR/SLR (Fits all Nikon DSLR/SLR Cameras)
Offered by Astromania Optics
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 11, 2016
Nicely made.

Neewer 2.5mm-N1 Off Camera Remote Shutter Release Connecting Cord Cable for Nikon D800 D700 D300 D300S D4 D3S D3X D3 D200 N90S F5 F6 F100 F90 F90X / FUJI S3 S5 Camera Flash Trigger
Price: $5.70
6 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 11, 2016
Works great. I use it to connect my Polaroid wireless intervalometer to my D810.

Wiha 26791 Precision Torx T1-T8 Set, 8-Piece
Wiha 26791 Precision Torx T1-T8 Set, 8-Piece
Price: $46.16
7 used & new from $41.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 14, 2016
Comfortable to handle and well made.

Lanparte EL15P-01 E15 Battery Adapter (Black)
Lanparte EL15P-01 E15 Battery Adapter (Black)
Price: $38.09
3 used & new from $36.17

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it and use it with a huge power pack ..., January 14, 2016
Fits perfectly, works well. It may have a mechanism to protect for overload from a power pack but I am not sure so that is why I gave it four stars. Other than that, I love it and use it with a huge power pack (23000mHa) on its 9V output. Great item for power sucking long exposures and all day treks.

Weatherproof Garment Co. Mens Microfiber Classic Jacket, Willow, Large
Weatherproof Garment Co. Mens Microfiber Classic Jacket, Willow, Large
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 9, 2016
Bought this for my dad. He LOVES it. Well made. Fits well. Just right.

RAVPower 23000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank External Battery Pack (Xtreme Series, 3-Port, 9V/12V/16V/19V/20V - LCD Display) for Laptops, Tablets, iPhones, Android Phones and Other Devices
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $299.99
3 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera Juice, January 9, 2016
Big beast. At 23000mAh it couldn't be a dainty thing but I love it. I use it to power my Nikon camera. Night shooting eats batteries. Nothing sucks more than your battery running out of juice during a long exposure. I enjoy night photography I think more than I enjoy day photography. Night photography presents obstacles that you don't consider during the sun drenched hours.

Once you dip your toes into night photography, the thirst for capturing the elusive night light consumes you. This quest has rich rewards but it has its frustrations - mainly the hunger your camera has for power. The camera basically eats the batteries and spits them out faster than you can say howdy. This is primarily due to the long exposures the poor nocturnal light requires and the fact that live view is the handiest way to set the ISO, f stop, exposure and also frame the shot. I have 5 batteries for my camera that are fully charged and ready for a night shoot. They last several hours but it stinks when you are on a roll and your camera doesn't fire because it sucked the power dry. Time lapse photography intensifies this hunger for power. Add cold night temperatures to this mix and the battery dies even faster.

I have been on hunt for an alternative way to feed my camera during its hungriest times. Batteries with higher mAh didn't cut it. Using A/C power isn't feasible unless I am shooting from home and can stretch out an extension cord.

Enter this baby. It's a beast, roughly the size of a tablet. I place this in a pouch and hang it on my tripod. The lovely purple Crown Royal pouch is just the right size for the job.

I use a Lanparte EL15P-01 E15 Battery Adapter (Black) that I connect to the power bank. It is critical to set the power bank at the proper voltage or you will damage the camera. Make that fry your camera. This has a variable DC output. I set the power bank to 9 Volts which works for my Nikon. I always verify the voltage on the power bank's LED before I plug it in the camera. Last week I shot close to 300 shots in raw. The camera was never shut off in the three solid hours of shooting long exposures and constant live view and it was a very cold night. The power bank had a 90% charge at the onset of shooting and had 73% at the end. The added perk of this thing is that it can charge my phone while feeding my camera at the same time. It's a relief not to worry about swapping batteries. I can fully focus on the capturing the perfect light.

Oh yeah, I LOVE this thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6