Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Mike Desert > Reviews

Browse

Mike Desert's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike Desert "Rock n Roll Fan" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Toshiba Excite Go AT7-C8 7.0-Inch 8 GB Tablet
Toshiba Excite Go AT7-C8 7.0-Inch 8 GB Tablet
Offered by Electronic Sales Express
Price: $105.99
29 used & new from $28.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Like others said, May 28, 2015
Don't be tempted by the price. My screen died after 2 weeks. Totally black, could still hear notification sounds though. Got a credit and bought a more expensive 7" tablet. luckily it was the LAST DAY I was able to return it, otherwise i'd have had to mail it to Toshiba for service. Like others said, the screen isn't very good, but I didn't mind for such a cheap tablet. The actual dying part is what compelled me to write a review.

Stuffed
Stuffed
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but Sweet, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Stuffed (Amazon Video)
Forget the current hoarding reality exploitative tv (that I actually like), this is a more personal and very well done doc on the subject. There's a lot of heart in this and I "rented" it because I'm currently moving with half of my crap (comics, movies, toys in boxes, magazines, etc...) in storage. This made me want to weed out my stuff more than Hoarders or Storage Wars combined. It's short - 22 minutes, but for $1.99, that's half the price of a beer that lasts the same amount of time at my local pub. Good stuff.

HULA Dancer GIRL Shower Curtain bathroom home decor
HULA Dancer GIRL Shower Curtain bathroom home decor

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 17, 2011
Bought mine at Wacko in Los Angeles. Lasted me a few years. Great, fun design. It smells like plastic for a while...but then starts smelling like mold and soap.

11.12.98
11.12.98
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, July 8, 2010
This review is from: 11.12.98 (MP3 Music)
I saw Songs For Emma play a handful of times when they were around, but never listened to their recorded stuff. My loss -this is a GREAT record!

Eclipse 180RD 4GB USB 2.0 MP3 Digital Music/Video Player & Voice Recorder w/1.8" LCD (Red)
5 used & new from $18.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Headphones or Jack shorted out during FIRST mp3 I played!, June 14, 2010
The subject line sums it up. The music I imported goes from stereo to mono ever few seconds or when I touch the jack area. I can deal with a low quality product for the $24.99 I paid, but not something that flat out doesn't work!
Taking it back.

Into the Unknown
Into the Unknown

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost (unless you DL from blogs, etc...) Classic, May 30, 2010
This review is from: Into the Unknown (Vinyl)
"Chasing the Wild Goose" still to this day gets me all misty-eyed. Billy Gnosis is a simple pop classic and also a tragic tune. Every time I look on the news and watch the BP oil spill I sing "Time and Disregard" to myself -hence this 2010 review.

Sure some of the vox a little off key and the keyboard sound is dated, but hell man, kids in high school thought I was a satanist for having a Bad Religion logo on my backpack in the '80s, but when I actually heard this record in 1990 or '91 it was an instant favorite. I like BR slowed down a bit, and I love the tune "Waiting For the Fire" they did around the time (it was on some comp, can't remember which). But I like Phil Ochs, early Rush and Woody Guthrie every bit as punk and hardcore. This record might not be for the Vans Warp Tour crowd, but for the rest of us (and fellow people who thought "Change Today?" by TSOL was still great despite not being very "punk") this record is an emotional, catchy, rock record that deserves a re-release with bonus DVD interviews. I would BUY it.

Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
by Terry Hope Romero
Price: $20.66
289 used & new from $2.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Most thorough Vegan Cookbook ever!, October 21, 2007
First off, the food in this book is amazing. Vegan With a Vengeance was super great, but this is the friggin' BOMB!

Aside from the incredible food, the product description doesn't mention that the first part of the book is a great (and funny) read about HOW to cut and prepare different vegetables, how to cook different grains, etc...for someone like me, pretty invaluable stuff. Also cool if you're getting this for your "weird" vegan kid that is just learning to cook.
Also,, the icons are a big help (an icon tells you if you can make the meal under 45 min -or way less, another icon tells you if you can find everything at your regular Vons-type market, if there's soy, etc...)

The other review made a comment about the title, which I think is total genius. Then again, I get the HP Lovecraft/Evil Dead reference. What else could you call the "ultimate vegan cookbook" besides the "Veganomicon"??

Not only does this book have great recipes, but it will totally add ideas to your cooking arsenal. After making the "Black Bean Burgers", I am never buying packaged veggie burgers again!

p.s. do yourself a favor and make the "Leek and Bean Cassoulet with Biscuits".
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2016 11:15 AM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Psychedelic record!, September 3, 2007
The first few songs are amazing. There are a few "filler" tunes among the 13 main tracks, but a couple of the bonus tracks make up for it, especially "Volcano". The packaging is very nice -sorta of bound like a mini children's book, so this one will prolly get expensive after the initial pressings sell out.

Skip Bifferty
Skip Bifferty
4 used & new from $78.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A personal favorite, September 3, 2007
This review is from: Skip Bifferty (Audio CD)
Possibly the catchiest psychedelic record I've ever heard. Search them out on a myspace fan page to hear samples. That's what sold me.
Kinda like The Action, The Yardbirds, the Factory, and the Pretty Things "SF Sorrow" LP...but totally different. Just buy the damned thing!

Sippin' Safari: In Search of the Great "Lost" Tropical Drink Recipes... and the People Behind Them
by Jeff Berry
Price: $29.95
41 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must own, September 3, 2007
The recipe for the original 1934 Don the Beachcomber Zombie (the man and the drink that pretty much started it all) is worth the price of the book alone. Simply the BEST tiki drink I have ever had.
The recipes in all Beachbum Berry's books took a lot of time to procure, and they are (mostly) all worth it. I think it was only the "Dr. Funk" I thought was "OK" the other 20+ drinks I've made so far have been outstanding!
What makes sippin safari great, aside from the new drinks and the mind blowing Zombie is the entertaining history of the drinks and bars, as well as the great photos of interiors, exteriors, menus, etc...that aren't present in his other books. this is a book you could buy for someone who doesn't even drink. Although drinking certainly helps!
This book is so thorough, I don't know what else Beachbum could do for a follow up!
Cheers!