Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for CPAChicago > Reviews

Browse

CPAChicago's Profile

Customer Reviews: 409

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CPAChicago RSS Feed (Chicago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SHARKK Charger Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger 18W High Speed Rapid Charger Ultra Portable Travel Wall Plug Charger with Adaptive Charging Technology
Offered by SHARKK
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, May 25, 2016
I do not have any QC 3.0 devices yet, but I needed a charger to Turbo/Fast Charge our Droid Turbo 2 and Note 4 phones and this works perfectly (based on both the pop ups on the screen and amperage testing) and when we do eventually get QC 3.0 devices, we are ready and it does not take up much space on the outlet.

It has an input of 110 to 240 V with an output of 5v at 3amp or 9v at 2amp or 12v at 1.5 amp (the nature of QC 3 is that the amperage varies depending on the circumstance, however these are the ratings stamped on the side of the unit).

Rayhoo 6pcs G4 3W COB LED Warm White Light Lamps AC/DC 12V Non-dimmable Equivalent to 25W T3 Halogen Track Bulb Replacement LED Bulbs
Offered by Rayhoo
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Acceptable, April 24, 2016
It is not quite as warm as the halogen bulbs it replaces, but it is close enough that my wife tolerates it, tho barely.

I have been looking for LED bulbs to replace our undercabinet lights for a long time now and have tried many, only to be told to get rid of them (not close enough in color to the halogen bulbs I am trying to replace).

These were the first I have tried that not only were acceptable in brightness and color, but that also fit into the tiny glass covered receptacles.

Plex
Plex
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written app, March 29, 2016
This review is from: Plex (App)
I have this installed on an Android Tablet that has decent speakers and speed and it makes for a very good method for watching everything we have from anywhere in the house. We are using an ac wifi connection and everything plays smoothly and all the options we want are there.

[Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 3.0] RAVPower 20100mAh Portable Charger with USB-C / Type-C Port & QC 3.0 Input & Output for Phones, Tablets and More
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $72.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Droid Turbo 2, March 18, 2016
(Update - The cable that came with it disconnects too easily. It would be charging in my backpack or coat pocket only to have stopped charging when I checked on it. I used a new cable and it works fine now.)

It works perfectly on the Droid Turbo 2.

It displayed as TurboPower Charging the entire time it was plugged in.

Here are the reading from The Ampere App (when I remembered to look at it):
4:00pm 1150mA 20% 88F
4:01pm 2460mA 22% 93F
4:38pm 2250mA 66% 109F
5:00pm 1190mA 90% 110F
5:03pm 1690mA 92% 110F
5:25pm 320mA 100% 101F

It only displayed one less blinking light than before, which means that I can probably fully recharge my phone from 20% several times.

This is the 4th quick charging battery pack that I have tried the ONLY one that reliably works on the Droid Turbo 2.

APE Quick Charge 2.0 Dual Port Power Bank Portable External Battery for Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, Note 4 LG G4, Asus Zenfone 2, HTC One M9, M8, Nexus 6, Moto X 2014 (1-Pack)
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Sort of works for Droid Turbo 2, March 15, 2016
I spent a few hours testing it today and have decided to return it.

Three times I started fresh from a 25% battery and each time the phone would just say Power Connected and refused to say TurboPower Connected. I tried every conceivable different way to plug it in (battery pack on first then off first, etc), but eventually, after several minutes it always did eventually say TurboPower Connected when I plugged it in (I never did see it switch to TurboPower Connected automatically).

My best guess is that the phone is not requesting a voltage/amperage that the battery pack understands until the phone hits 108F degrees or so. I was using the Ampere app during my testing.

The other problem was that eventually I noticed that a few minutes later Ampere was showing a sub 200mA rate of charge every time and it never seemed to go back up again. I put it under a fan and sure enough, when the phone registered 110F, the rate of charge was back up over 3000mA again.

I did not do enough testing nor was I staring at it the entire time, so take all these conclusions with a grain of salt, but I ultimately decided I could not trust it to perform a TurboPower charge unattended. My best guess is that I would be looking at an average of 25% faster charging than using a non QC2/QC3 battery pack.

The second big problem was that a fully charged TechMatte could only bring my phone from 25% to 90% before the TechMatte was fully depleted. I did bring the TechMatte back to full charge before this last test. I suspect that after a year, it will only get it to 70%. Hardly worth the bother.

I just ordered a QC3 battery pack. I see three reviewers saying it works on the DT2. I was hoping this TechMatte one would work better as it is more pocketable and cheaper than the QC3 one. [Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 3.0] RAVPower 20100mAh Portable Charger with QC 3.0 Technology & USB-C / Type-C Port for Phones, Tablets and More
Update: Yes, the RavPower QC3 battery pack works perfectly charging the Droid Turbo 2 at a true TurboCharge rate.

Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer, Yellow and Black
Offered by Etekcity
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $15.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate enough to be useful., March 4, 2016
I returned it. The one I received was wildly inaccurate and inconsistent. Every time I used it, I got different temperatures. It seemed to be accurate about 50% of the time. A 69 degree wall registers as somewhere between 72 and 74 degrees. A 32 degree wall registers as somewhere between 38 and 40. Maybe my existing wall thermometers are wrong, but boiling water in a black pot measures between 190 and 200 (should be 212 at this elevation) and the back of my throat read 92 degrees (Yes I know it says it should not be used to read body temperature, but still). The fridge contents measurements and freezer measurements were also inconsistent, but generally accurate if I try the correct items.
Yes, I tried a new battery and varied the distance. The manual suggests best results at 14", but for me, the closer I got, generally the more accurate it was.

The Snowcaster 30SNC 36-Inch Bi-Directional Wheeled Snow Pusher, Blue
The Snowcaster 30SNC 36-Inch Bi-Directional Wheeled Snow Pusher, Blue
Price: $41.69
4 used & new from $37.52

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for long straight paths of over 4 feet wide when there is less than 3 inches of snow on the ground., February 14, 2016
I actually bought the 70SNC from their website, which is the "contractor grade" version of this and I have been using it for 3 snow seasons now and it has made my life 100x easier when there is less than 3" of snow outside. I have a lot of sidewalk to clear and a bad back, so regular shovels take forever and strain my back and my 2 stage snowthrower is a lot of machinery to get out for such a small amount of snow.
I still have to use a regular shovel for the narrower paths, but for the 5' walkways, I can literally run to the end and back and get all 250' done in two passes (there and back) in no time at all it seems. In fact I just got back from clearing a 2 inch snow fall in 18 degree F weather in nothing but a dress shirt, no coat, and my slippers... no big deal because I was back in the house so quickly.

Harmony Linens Bed Sheet Set - 1800 Double Brushed Microfiber Bedding - 4 Piece (Queen, Beige)
Offered by Harmony Linens
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, February 9, 2016
We purchased these for camping and cabin use. I avoid cotton for cabin and camping due to the potential for high humidity, which makes cotton sheets feel clammy and quite uncomfortable.

We used them for the first time last weekend and found them even more comfortable than I anticipated.

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
Price: $119.99
2 used & new from $71.25

4.0 out of 5 stars The best reader I have come across yet., January 22, 2016
We have three of these (actually 2 of 1 generation and 1 of another.. not sure which one I am reviewing), but we like them as we can give them to the kids freely without worrying about them playing games or accessing inappropriate content or reading unapproved books (we have them locked down with FreeTime).

They last for days on one battery charge and are much lighter than carrying around 50 books (which they still do anyway :-) )

The only real downside is that I wish the tools to manage our books were much much better and the devices themselves sometimes seem to have painfully slow processors (when you are not reading but trying to manage their content -- during the reading process, the speed is just fine).

Toysmith 3-D Mirascope (6-Inch)
Toysmith 3-D Mirascope (6-Inch)
Price: $6.00
88 used & new from $5.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes everyone smile, January 22, 2016
Very cool cheap toy that teaches everyone who sees it a lesson in optics as well as makes them smile and want to try different things.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20