Profile for K. Craytor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Craytor RSS Feed (USA)

Adore His Name - Meditations on the Character of God
Adore His Name - Meditations on the Character of God
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Deep Breath of Strength, March 27, 2014
I read this in one sitting, but now plan to use it, in sections, as a part of my daily devotions. If you are going through difficult times, or you just want to refocus on who our God is, this meditation will help you accomplish that. We have to take the time to let God tell us who He is & what He thinks about who we are-- otherwise our circumstances can overwhelm us. Thank you, Jacalyn, for compiling this. It is short in length, but long on truths that give comfort & strength.

Walking from East to West: God in the Shadows
Walking from East to West: God in the Shadows
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Renewed Strength, November 2, 2013
Few people are more gifted in their ability to articulate the struggles of the human soul than Ravi Zacharias, and few are being used more boldly in the world today. Though I prefer Ravi's own style of writing I do understand why he felt it best to have assistance in writing his own story. I read this knowing (from his other books) only a little about his personal life, but was curious to hear the details of how God went about, "working all things together for the good." Wow. If you are just interested in learning Ravi's background you won't be disappointed. If you are wondering how God can take a young man who was broken (but became a willing vessel) and grow him into a man to be used in a mighty way worldwide, again, you won't be disappointed. If you are currently struggling, going through a difficult time in life, this book is a timely reminder. Ravi is a living, breathing (extraordinary) example. As Christians, no matter what our circumstances, we should get up every day and "expect" God to work in our situation. I came away with a renewed attitude (i.e.) if I am truly trusting God then I must rest knowing He has every detail of my life in His hands. In Ravi's subtle, gentle way his life history leaves you with the biblical truth that no matter what our station in life our relationship with Jesus Christ is the 'great equalizer' of all cultures, and of all men/women. When all is said and done that relationship is the only thing that will remain on the day we stand before Him.

A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Complete, November 16, 2012
Well thanks, Joni, for writing this one. Now I don't have to write a book, myself, on the topic of suffering - this book truly covers the subject completely. Depending on where you are in your walk with the Lord, and how much suffering you have experienced in your own life, Joni's perspective will do one of two things. It will either inspire you to want to grow in your faith & gain the kind of understanding she has, or, you may find yourself shaking your head in agreement saying, 'Amen! Why hasn't somebody said all this before in a book?' The truth of the matter is, it probably has been said before by many of the great theologians over the centuries, but, for those of us who have followed Joni, & her missilry through the decades, it's especially touching to read a meaningful book written by someone who speaks from the heart & who is someone you know has, 'paid her dues' as it relates to the topic of suffering. You won't find a more scriptural, Christ centered discourse that is validated & bound together, page by page, by her own endurance - to whom she gives Christ all the glory.

The Pastor as Minor Poet: Texts and Subtexts in the Ministerial Life (Calvin Institute of Christian Worship Liturgical Studies)
by M. Craig Barnes
Price: $14.34
43 used & new from $11.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Have A Pastor You Should Read This Book, February 12, 2010
Being familiar with Barnes' unique writing ability I was curious about this one. I wanted to read the book before giving it to my pastor. It should be required reading for everyone who attends church. You will have a new appreciation for these men/women that have received the calling to "feed" His "sheep." I will be praying more regularly for pastors everywhere and will be delighted to hand a copy of The Pastor As A Minor Poet to my own pastor -- with a thank you and, of course, a poem.