Profile for V. Lemons > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

V. Lemons RSS Feed (Dyersburg, TN United States)

Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Black/Grey,7 M US
Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Black/Grey,7 M US
Offered by Fusion Apparel
Price: $77.01
17 used & new from $72.99

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT out of the box., May 18, 2014
Great walking sandals and work shoes. There was no breaking-in period. No issues with blisters and great arch support. Completely adjustable and comfortable.

Moving Comfort Fiona Velvet Size 36DD
Moving Comfort Fiona Velvet Size 36DD

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found a bra that fits, September 4, 2013
High quality bra, no pads to slide around, and Velcro straps that adjust in front! Snug enough to hold the girls still.

GU Energy Gel: Peppermint; 8-Pack
GU Energy Gel: Peppermint; 8-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was easier to find, March 31, 2013
Tastes like a melted peppermint stick. Kept me going for a decent workout. Taste isn't icky at all for the thickness in consistency and freshens breath too.

Canvas Remix: Techniques For Creating Mixed-Media Accessories
Canvas Remix: Techniques For Creating Mixed-Media Accessories
by Alisa Burke
Price: $15.11
98 used & new from $0.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration pieces galore!, November 22, 2008
This book is fabulous for inspiration. Many techniques for multi-layered designs are demonstrated, and they are all colorful and unique. It doesn't give the impression that it is a book for beginners, but a beginner can certainly begin here. In short, this book made my mind start racing about the things I want to create myself!

To those who complain that this is "a book for beginners" I'd really like to know if they were truly expecting a book for their expert level, and if so, do they really want to copy another artist's creative process to the last detail? As Traci Bautista says, it's important to make your OWN mark.

I think this book is absolutely wonderful for showing readers how to start with an idea and then RUN with it for themselves. Definitely lots of thought provoking colorful eye candy, with a touch of funkiness for inspiration.

On top of the technique instructions, you have 24 separate projects in this book to get you started on your own path. My only wish for this book is that there was even more of it! I hope there is a second book with more that the author wants to share. Not having access to her workshops, I would LOVE to see Ms. Burke create a video demonstrating her techniques and some projects - it would make a lovely companion to this book.

Luzianne Gumbo Dinner Kit, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Luzianne Gumbo Dinner Kit, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $17.75
8 used & new from $15.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gumbo mix ever! Yet soooo hard to find!, June 30, 2008
This box makes the most delicious gumbo. No other mix has ever compared for me, yet local stores never stock the Luzianne mixes!! I'm so glad that I can at least order them from Amazon - I've enjoyed this mix for about 12 years now.

TALL SPORTSMANS DIRECTOR CHAIR
TALL SPORTSMANS DIRECTOR CHAIR

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this chair in my classroom!, June 30, 2008
This review is from: TALL SPORTSMANS DIRECTOR CHAIR
A lightweight yet sturdy seat, boosts this short woman up should I need to be seated in front of my class to read to them. Finding a decent tall director's chair like this is pretty rare - and this one folds easily for storage and carrying. And it's very lightweight as well. My students always wanted to sit in this very comfortable chair. Great price too - look around and you'll see anything similar selling for $150+

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Order from Amazon if you can - not directly from the magazine's site, June 30, 2008
I like the magazine, except for all the prefabricated items required, and the number of projects which absolutely require a particular rubber stamp to complete. I'm not into rubber stamping. It's a good magazine for inspiration, just not a whole lot of "do it this way" ideas because I don't have access to many of the products.

Warning: If you want any of their special publications, order them from a trustworthy site like Amazon, if they carry them. Never seeing the special pubs. in this small town, I happily went to the mag's website to order 4 of them. May 24th I ordered, and they charged my credit card right then. (showed up even at Citi's website that they'd processed the payment.) 3 weeks passed, and the "order info" link on their site never showed any update other than that they had received the order. I tried to contact them using their web forms - they gave error screens. I tried using the email addresses and phone numbers to contact them, provided in their "thank you for ordering, here's how to reach us" email - email returned as a bogus address, phone numbers called out that the extensions provided were phony, and asking for live help got you a voice mail and your call never returned. Finally called the subscription center instead, and they told me the order hadn't even been processed after 3 weeks because they were concentrating on some kits first. They'd get around to filling my order, they said. It is their standard policy to take payment and hold off on completing your order for 4-8 weeks. Found out after I'd placed the order... not before. Another week later I called and they told me fedex had it. I thought, couple of days, it'll be here. They "gave the information to Fedex" on June 16th... and I "might" get the order by July 1st. I'd never order directly from them again. They do not return calls even when you ask to speak to a supervisor, and they do not believe that orders should be filled for current publications without waiting a month or two first, without notifying the buyer they just don't care to do anything in a reasonable time.

An American Werewolf in Paris
An American Werewolf in Paris
DVD ~ Tom Everett Scott
Price: $6.77
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Serafine cured in the ambulance, maybe?, April 9, 2004
*spoiler*
Was that injection adrenaline, a stimulant? Opposite of the depressant that caused the instant transformation... Maybe it was an instant cure... Hence the "I love you" that made that goofy guy grin.

Backyard Mosaics
Backyard Mosaics
by Connie Sheerin
62 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Let your creativity soar in the garden!, October 26, 2001
This review is from: Backyard Mosaics (Hardcover)
This book is an excellent sequel to Ms. Sheerin's first offering, Mosaics In an Afternoon. If you haven't had the opportunity to peruse either book, you are missing out on the chance of a lifetime to add pizazz to your home!
Most of the projects offered in this book would make excellent gifts, art pieces for sale, or decorations to grace your own home. Not only will you find the complete instructions for each project, you'll find informative lessons on how to be a mosaic designer yourself!
Highly recommended book!

Kids Knitting: Projects for Kids of all Ages
Kids Knitting: Projects for Kids of all Ages
by Melanie D. Falick
95 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids and adults!, December 16, 2000
I bought this book with the consideration that I might one day teach my nieces and nephews (and possibly some of the kids in my class) how to knit if they were interested. I'd forgotten what my mom taught me when I was 12, but this book explained things just right for me. I have a collection of knitting magazines that I regularly drool over (LOL) but that I've never actually made anything from. When I saw the spiral rib sock pattern and saw that it was done with double pointed needles, I knew that if kids could do it, so can I. Now I see that I was right!
The book has a natural progression from beginner projects to those a little more advanced, and has lots of pictures with colors sure to appeal to kids and teens alike. I love this book! I'm almost finished with my first sock!