Profile for vespafive > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 149

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

vespafive RSS Feed (South San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
ARCTIC F12 PWM Rev. 2 Fluid Dynamic Bearing Case Fan, 120mm PWM Speed Control, 74CFM at 22.5dBA
Offered by ARCTIC direct
Price: $8.99
4 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium PERFORMANCE at low cost., June 26, 2015
I have to say, that this 120mm fan outPERFORMS any of the previous fans I've used in the past. This actually does a better job than any of the Corsair or Noctua fans that I've used. The ARCTIC F-12 fan has high CFM at low decibels at a low price. How can you beat that? I can't remember buying a fan for less than $10 that actually performs better than some of the fans that I've bought for almost $20! My case temps have actually been lower by 2-3 degrees Celsius and I think it's because this fan has improved the airflow.

Noctua 140mm Premium Quiet Quality Fan with AAO Frame Technology (NF-A14 PWM)
Noctua 140mm Premium Quiet Quality Fan with AAO Frame Technology (NF-A14 PWM)
Offered by AmaMax (USA) Since 1993 l iMBAPrice® Authorized Distributor
Price: $23.75
11 used & new from $15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Aesthetically unpleasant looking, but makes up for it with so-so performance and low audible, May 29, 2015
These are NOT the prettiest fans in the world. Unless brown and cream are your 2 favorite colors, these fans are quite frankly: ugly. HOWEVER, the performance you get from these fans are so so. Keep in mind, there's a science to audible vs. performance when it comes to fans. I really wanted to buy into the hype when it came to these fans. And yes, at full RPMs, the fan is darn near silent. BUT, the CFM for these fans are not something you can ignore if you really want to keep the temps of your case low. If you don't overclock stuff, then this fan is for you. I overclock my GPU and CPU and after doing a few temperature readings, these Noctua case fans actually did worse than the Corsair AF140s. The Corsair fans were louder (and revved up higher in RPM) but at the same time, the CFMs were higher and it showed in the temp readings. Everyone's rig is setup differently. I personally wanted to try to see if Noctua's case fans were really worth the hype. And yes, audible-wise, I often caught myself open up my case and peeking with a flashlight to see if they were even spinning (they were). If you can live with higher than average cooling performance with near silent audible, then Noctuas are the fans for you. I'm wearing headphones most of the time I'm gaming and I just wanted fans that weren't too loud YET kept my rig cool.

Silverstone Tek 140mm Ultra Fine Fan Filter with Magnet Cooling FF143B (Black)
Silverstone Tek 140mm Ultra Fine Fan Filter with Magnet Cooling FF143B (Black)
Offered by RackGo
Price: $6.05
10 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A tad pricey but worth it since it'll protect your PC case's internals, May 29, 2015
I actually put this filter on top of the metal mesh filter that came with my PC case. I have 2 140mm Noctua fans as intakes for my setup and it's almost mandatory to put filters on all intake fans. Within a matter of days, this filter caught a TON of dust. It makes me wonder how much dust would've snuck into my rig had I not put filters on them. Of course, no setup is completely dust-proof and essentially you will need to do an occasional dust cleaning, but these filters do a good job of preventing too much dust from going into your PC case. Again, no setup is absolutely dust proof (unless it was airtight), but these filters act as a great counter-measure

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK (Black Edition) Motherboard Core i7/i5/i3 LGA1150 Intel Z97 Express ATX RAID Gigabit LAN (Integrated Graphics)
Price: $137.99
53 used & new from $90.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, high performing, and decent price., May 12, 2015
Probably one of the best mid-level motherboard I've had my hands on. It's sexy, it's durable and built for overclocking madness. It's geared for dual-SLI (Nvidia) GPUs. There's really nothing bad to say about this motherboard. The price was also decent too. not bad at all. The whole board is coated in a black paint that supposedly gives it more durability and heatsinking capabilities. Pair this up with Gigabyte's App Center software and you've got yourself a very user friendly mobo. Definitely no regrets in upgrading to this motherboard.

Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components Black, Yellow
Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components Black, Yellow
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick. Worth every penny, May 12, 2015
Does the trick. It's a great option to have "just to be sure" when you're working with electronics and PCs. You can never be too sure if you're well grounded when touching sensitive items within a computer.

Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition Single Fan (CO-9050007-WW)
Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition Single Fan (CO-9050007-WW)
Price: $20.23
52 used & new from $14.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, quiet, but fragile rubber cushions., May 11, 2015
If there's one gripe I have about Corsair's excellent high performance fans, it would be the rubber bushings that coat the screw holes. They break way too easily. If you over tighten or loosen too quickly, the rubber protection breaks. The only problem with this is that these rubber cushions are needed in order to fasten the fan to your case. If you're going to tighten or loosen screws to connect or detach these fans, do it carefully and slowly. Because once you rip the rubber cushion, you are out of luck. Other than that, for high performance, these fans are actually quiet.

Antec Super Cyclone Blower, Dual PCI Expansion Slot Cooling Fan
Antec Super Cyclone Blower, Dual PCI Expansion Slot Cooling Fan
Offered by The Fan Van
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and quiet., May 11, 2015
I had too many intake fans and not enough exhaust fans (making my case have too much positive pressure) that this was a simple solution to even things out. It's not as loud as a few other reviewers make it out to be. There are 3 settings: low, medium, high. I always set this to medium and it's very quiet. Other than that, it's a simple yet effective item.

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02 Mid Tower Gaming Case (CC-9011051-WW)
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02 Mid Tower Gaming Case (CC-9011051-WW)
Price: $69.99
39 used & new from $59.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, just be aware that the top portion can be limited depending on your CPU setup, May 11, 2015
Great airflow and fan options, however, the top portion of this case is cramped in regards to spacing and it's not exactly the most aesthetically appealing case I've ever owned. If you're going to use liquid coolers, your fan options on the top of this case are limited. For a 2-fan liquid cooler radiator, you may have to actually mount the fans on the outside of the case just to get it to fit in. I own a Corsair H80i and just to fit that cooler on the top rear corner limited my options to add any additional fans at the top (I can only fit (1) 120mm fan at the top while having the CPU liquid cooler up there as well). Overall, the hard drive bays were pretty convenient and made cable management simple. The case screws that came with this thing are atrocious. Be careful because these screws can easily get stripped making for another headache. Other than that, it's a decent case. I only wish the front LED had different color options. You're stuck with red.

Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 16 Running Shoe,Black/Silver,10.5 D US
Mizuno Men's Wave Creation 16 Running Shoe,Black/Silver,10.5 D US
Offered by Second Sole
Price: $109.99
5 used & new from $109.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Most difficult version of Wave Creation shoes to break in., May 11, 2015
I've been an avid fan of Mizuno shoes. I've worn their Wave Creation lineup of shoes for years now and they've been awesome. I'm not sure why Mizuno keeps discontinuing awesome versions for 'newer' ones, but of all the Wave Creation shoes I've personally worn for running and races in general, the Wave Creation 16s were the most difficult for me to break in. It took nearly 75+ miles of running to get these to actually feel like they're 'broken' in. These were probably the stiffest running shoes I've ever worn. It was so uncomfortable at first to the point where I was going to just throw on my older Wave Creation 14s and call it the day. These shoes are great if you have the time and patience to break them in. These shoes just took an unusually longer time to break in.

Computer Dust Solutions Monitor Dust Cover- Covers LCD, LED, Flat Panel and Plasma Displays and Screens- Silky Smooth Antistatic Vinyl- Translucent Coconut Cream Color with Blue Trim- for 28" LCD Monitor (28W x18H x4D)
Offered by Computer Dust Solutions, LLC
Price: $22.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great simple solution against a common culprit: dust. Great value!, May 11, 2015
Great solution to protect against dust. It protects my 27" monitor with enough room to tuck in my mini desk speakers as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15