Profile for CanbyD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CanbyD RSS Feed

Shadowland: The Legend
Shadowland: The Legend
DVD
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm....the point is....shadowy...., December 20, 2013
I give this two stars, because depending on the type of person you are, you may get a kick (at least for a little bit) with how . . . well . . . how the movie is. I would say the acting is bad . . . but honestly, some of it isn't worse than a Hollywood film. However, it lacks a good sound editor, so even the relatively decent acting that takes place (boy that sister can be pissed at her brother!), it sounds like it is bad acting. So, when there is bad acting....it's pretty bad sounding.

Then there is the . . . un...usual... style of acting for the other characters. Think stage set. Overdone faces. Gasps of melodrama. Blurry images of communes dancing in over saturated colors.

So.... if you DON'T like bad movies--run away, fast. If you DO....well, you might have just found a gem (remember Troll 2?). ^^ Just don't expect there to be logic, and get a group of friends together that talk and laugh during movies to join you. Also have a back-up plan at hand. ;)

Bring Back My Love
Bring Back My Love
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song!! Great voice!!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Bring Back My Love (MP3 Music)
Just a beautiful song with sublime vocals. I know it's a new song but it feels like I've known it forever--great tune, with a hint of a Doo-Wop past, a definite earworm. What really makes it wonderful are the vocals--rich, nuanced, delicate, strong, smooth. What a great purchase!

Bring Back My Love (Album Version)
Bring Back My Love (Album Version)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, December 20, 2011
Just a beautiful song with sublime vocals. I know it's a new song but it feels like I've known it forever--great tune, with a hint of a Do-Wop past, a definite earworm. What really makes it wonderful are the vocals--rich, nuanced, delicate, strong, smooth. What a great purchase!