Profile for C > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 458

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C RSS Feed (Guilford, CT USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Case Logic KDB-101 Kontrast Pro-DSLR Backpack (Black)
Case Logic KDB-101 Kontrast Pro-DSLR Backpack (Black)
Offered by Cameta Camera
Price: $129.95
2 used & new from $121.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Space for laptop, multiple lens and more., July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My cousin is a professional photographer and I often get his hand me downs. I have accumulated quite the collection of older DSLRs, accessories and this bag enables me to organize and carry all my stuff when i get to accompany him on photography trips with his other professional photographer friends. I used to carry a smaller camera-pack but depending on whether I get to shadow my cousin or any one of his friends on these trips, I may not have brought the right equipment. This bag enables me to carry everything I could possibly need on these weekend/week-long trips to decant into a smaller camera daybag with only what I need for the day.

As carrying all this stuff is quite tiring, I love how much padding there is on the straps. The actual camera is protected via a sling. There are enough compartments to hold everything. I also love how there is a flat hard protective base to provide support for the weight of all my stuff and to prevent the bag from tipping over when set on the ground. A big plus is that there is a computer sleeve so I can transfer all my images to my computer and learn editing from the pros.

Although this bag is water resistant, it is not waterproof. I have an extra pack cover to protect it in inclement weather during transport.

Overall I really love this bag. I use it as a carry-all and organizer for all my equipment. I also carry a separate camera-daybag for day trips as this bag, when completely filled, is too heavy for me to schlep around all day.

VINCENT LONGO Ultra Light Canvas Tinted Moisturizer with Concealer, #4, 1.76 oz.
Price: $52.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Strategic multi-use tinted moisturizer and concealer duo. Equivalent to MAC C3-C4, June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Vincent Longo tinted moisturizer is gorgeously lightweight and easy to apply. However just like other tinted moisturizers, the product tends to fall into the deeper lines and creases in your face during the course of the day. This is where the accompanying concealer shines. It is perfectly colour matched to the tinted moisturizer and is of a thicker consistency. It should be applied sparingly and gently to the areas where one needs coverage plus into the the deeper lines on your face. The thicker consistency fills-in the lines as well as evens out discoloured areas and helps prevent too much tinted moisturizer from moving into your facial lines during the day. The finish is smooth and flawless without looking caked-on.

I really like this dual-product approach. I can mix a bit of concealer and a bit of moisturizer on the back of my hand and apply it all over my face for something with medium coverage or use both products separately and strategically.

Overall I am quite impressed with this product. This #4 colour is similar to my MAC C3-C4 foundation colours.

Pre de Provence Soap Shea Enriched Everyday 150 Gram Extra Large French Soap Bar - Rose De Mai
Price: $6.99
12 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-drying, animal-free, true-rose scented shea soap., June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Pre de Provence soaps. They are quad-milled, long lasting soaps (especially when left out to cure prior to using), that do not dry out your skin. These soaps are available in a wide range of scents. Rose de Mai is one of their newest scents and is a deep multi-layered pure rose scent that is neither too cloying nor too powdery. The level of scent is also perfect. It gently lingers on your skin for most of the day without being too strongly perfumed.

I also love that these soaps are Shea-based, completely natural and do not contain animals fats (or any animal testing) common in other scented soaps.

Zenna Home H21WW04, Luxury HotelWaffle Weave Shower Curtain, 70 in x 72 in, White
Price: $24.32
17 used & new from $15.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy looking 100% polyester, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very attractive and classy looking waffle weave shower curtain, The polyester weave repels water (although not actually waterproof). The colour I received is optical white and matches perfectly with my window trim.

Cap Mundo Single-Cup Coffee for Nespresso Brewers, Yrgacheffe, 10 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic capsules, June 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a Nespresso Citiz and a Pixie. I have almost exclusively used Nespresso pods to date. A few brief ventures into the realm of compatible refillable pods lead to a damaged machine when the pods gots stuck or the piercing mechanism got warped. However since this is prefilled, I figured that it would be less likely to fail or mess up my machines.

These pods fit perfectly in both my Citiz and my Pixie machines. After a few cups there does not seem to be any imminent damage to the piercing part or the fit of the capsule in the hole. The capsule is made of plastic with a tin foil cover. As the plastic is stiff, the piercing needles cannot be used. The capsule has a circular groove around the bottom where the piercing needles would go on a regular Nespresso branded capsule. This prevents the needles from accidentally getting broken or bent. In this groove there is a circle of holes for the. Coffee to drop out of. The top of the capsule is covered with foil. As the capsule has a circle or pre-pierced holes, there is a bit of grind leakage. Each capsule is additionally individually wrapped in a sealed pouch to preserve freshness.

The taste and texture of the coffee is not quite as rich as a Nespresso capsule. I did not get as much crema as I do with a Nespresso-branded capsule.

Overall this is cheaper than the Nespresso branded capsules. My only hesitation is that the plastic is even less recyclable than Nespresso's aluminum

Phantom Aquatics Cancun Mask Snorkel Combo, Clear/Red
Phantom Aquatics Cancun Mask Snorkel Combo, Clear/Red
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cressi-like mask with excellent vertical view for medium faces, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you've thought about Cressi masks, then this may be the set for you.

Mask:
This is a scuba-quality small volume mask for easy mask-clearing. Its unique vertical and horizontal flared shape offers an excellent downward view as well as a good horizontal view through its tempered glass lens. It is offered in both clear and black feather-skirted silicone that is easy to fit most medium-sized faces. The clear silicone skirt allows light to reach the eyes and is good for people who like to have their photographs taken underwater. Photographers and Navy SEAL wanna-bes would prefer the black silicone skirt for reducing glare.

Mask Fitting:
To fit the mask properly, put the snorkel in your mouth, and place the mask on your face without the strap on while holding your breath. Make sure there are no stray hairs and such under the skirt of the mask. with your hands, attempt to pull the mask away from your face gently while holding your breath. It should form a good seal. If it does not stick to your face without the strap, then this mask does not fit your face and this is not the set for you. The reason the snorkel has to be in your mouth during this process is that the shape of your face changes slightly when something is in your mouth and sometimes that is enough to change the fit, and seal, of the mask.

Mask Use:
Prior to first use, rub the lens both inside and out with toothpaste to remove the manufacturer's protective-coating. This ensures that the mask will be less likely to fog up during use. Spit or anti-fogging drops may also be used effectively once the coating has been removed.

Snorkel:
This is a dry snorkel. It has a vertical drain on the bottom of the silicone mouth-piece and a wave protector on the top. I prefer the vertical design of the drain because the water runs directly down and none of it collects anywhere. Some other dry snorkels have a U-bend and then a drain, but those tend to collect a bit of water. Always buy a dry snorkel instead of one without. It makes snorkeling so much easier in the open water regardless of swimming ability.

DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, Taupe
DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, Taupe
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, lightweight, dries quickly while draws moisture and dirt from the dog, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I volunteer at several local dog rescues both as a bather and groomer and as a foster family. I mostly bathe and groom fluffy dogs because they are more adoptable when they are fluffy and clean. On average I am bathing a dog every other day and go through a lot of towels in a week.

Pros:
+ This microfiber towel is very absorbent and dries the dogs quite quickly and gets them ready to be fluff-dried.
+ The towel itself dries quickly
+ The towel is lightweight enough to be a dog travel towel
+ The fine plush texture of the microfiber is excellent to wiping dirty paws
+ Folds up compactly; More of these towels can be washed in a a single load of laundry.

Cons:
- Fine dog hair does tend to stick to the towels after repeated use.

Overall I love these towels.

Scott-Vincent Borba Anti-Fatigue Concealer Kit with Concealer Anti-Wrinkle CC Cream and Tear-Drop Blending Tool, 02 Medium
Price: $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, long lasting coverage. Excellent sponge-brush applicator, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I usually have problems finding the right coverage with concealers. Often they are either too thick and cakey or too thin a consistency that kind of just vanishes throughout the day. This CC cream has just the right medium consistency that is just thick enough to stay, yet thin enough to be easy to apply and blend. I received the medium shade and it is perfect for the summertime when I have a bit more colour to my face.

The best part about this CC cream is that it comes with an almond-spaced brush. This brush is the perfect size to apply and blend. The sharp point helps move the product right to the corner of the eyes.

Lee Women's Petite Relaxed Fit Original All Day Pant, Flax, 12 Petite
Lee Women's Petite Relaxed Fit Original All Day Pant, Flax, 12 Petite
Price: $29.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for small waist and generous hips and thighs, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a narrow waist and wide hips with a 10" difference between the waist measurement and hip measurement. These slacks fit perfectly without being too tight on the hip or too loose. There is no gaping at the waist but enough room to comfortably tuck a shirt in. I am 5'2", short-waisted and long-legged and these slacks fall to my heel barely scraping the floor. The waistband sits just under my belly button so depending on how you are proportioned, it may be a medium-cut style or a high-cut style. The thigh area is cut generously and is flattering for wider or muscular thighs. (Thanks dad). The trouser leg tapers to the leg. It is neither straight-legged nor skinny cut.

The fabric seems to be a cotton-spandex blend of 98% cotton 2% lycra. Strangely I could not find a care label on the slacks I was sent, but from 20+ years experience in apparel design and manufacturing I can very accurately guesstimate the blend. The fabric has a brushed-sateen finish and is smooth to touch while feeling substantial enough to wear all day in a busy office. The spandex makes sitting, kneeling and climbing stairs more comfortable.

I really like the styling, cut, fit and material of these slacks. and would recommend them to anyone looking for something comfortable to wear in the office to be dressed up or down.

CleanGrow Bloom Pack Gallons Fertilizer
CleanGrow Bloom Pack Gallons Fertilizer
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, space saving fertilizer., June 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This fertilizer is suitable for a variety of plants and flowers. There are 2 1 gallon jugs. One is marked A and the other B. Mixing these 2 in various quantities and then adding an equal amount of water creates customized fertilizer for a wide range of plants. I have added these to an apple tree that is currently setting fruit, as well as a few tomato plants, rose bushes and peony bushes. As a control, I have left some rose bushes, peony bushes and tomato plants unfertilized. I will report back as to how the plants do in a few weeks.

Mixing is easy and there is a chart that clearly shows different proportions of A and B for each type of plant category. I like how simple this is and how much space I save by not having 5-6 bags of different fertilizer for each different type of plant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20