Profile for Peter D. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter D. RSS Feed

Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability and Science of Customer Centricity
by Avinash Kaushik
Price: $26.48
119 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read for beginners, July 26, 2012
I bought this book with very little knowledge of analytics and e-commerce. This book gave me a solid understanding of how to monitor my analytics and give me insight into my vistors. It is dry at times and hard to read but illustrations and amusing writing keeps it interesting. I recommend it to anyone who would like to understand analytics and how to use it to help you increase traffic. f

QuickBooks 2012 for Mac [Download] [OLD VERSION]
QuickBooks 2012 for Mac [Download] [OLD VERSION]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great software for a small business, July 26, 2012
Bought this for my business back in February and it has been a great system for managing my business and organizing my expenses and inventory. It is one of the best products on the market.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2012 10:30 AM PDT

LG 42CS570 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model)
LG 42CS570 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this TV, trouble with PC connect, July 25, 2012
So far, this is probably one of the best Tv's I've ever purchased. I bought a 32" LG about 2 years ago and loved it. However, I went abroad soon after for about a year so I left it to my parents. When I got back they were not willing to give it up. I started doing some research and purchased this TV about a month ago. I decided to upgrade to a 42" but stick with the LG brand since I liked my 32" so much. My first reaction was this thing is HUGE but after staring at a 20" TV for almost 6 months that is probably a normal response.

Picture:

Picture quality is great on this TV, the colors are excellent and I really like the no blur motion. At first it through me off, after so many years of watching TV and having moving objects blur across the screen. I like to watch a lot of action movies so this was definitely a cool feature that made everything seem more real. Also great for video gaming since there is a lot of motion with the characters while playing.

Menus and settings:

Menus and setting adjusting is easy to use. There is a very detailed picture adjustment function that lets you set all the colors to your liking. It is fairly easy to switch back and forth between component, HDMI and cable which is not always the case with TVs.

Connecting ports:

One of the biggest things for me is that there is a PC connection since I like to connect my computer to the TV. While looking for TV I noticed that many of the lower end models no longer have this feature. I was annoyed when my DVI to VGA cable would not work with this TV. Although I was able to find a HDMI to DVI on amazon for cheap it was an added aggravation and expense.

Price:

Budget was an issue for me but I was not willing to sacrifice quality. That is where I think this TV is great. Trying to find a reliable brand with solid 1080P picture quality, 120 HZ for a good price is not easy.

Overall:

I am reluctant to give this TV 5 stars due to the hassle with the HDMI cable however this TV delivers on all fronts (plus the cool no blur.) I highly recommend it and I definitely will not be lending it to my parents any time soon.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2013 12:45 PM PST

AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI  Adapter Cable (9.8 Feet/3.0 Meters)
AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (9.8 Feet/3.0 Meters)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great Cable, great price, July 25, 2012
I bought a 42" LG HDTV about a month ago and was annoyed when I was unable to get a picture when connecting my Macbook with the DVI to VGA cable. I went straight to Walmart but was shocked at the price of their HDMI to DVI cables. I fired up my phone and found this cable on Amazon and had purchased it by the time a got back to my car.

I have had no problems with the cable thus far, connection is easy to set up and the picture is much better than what my previous DVI to VGA cable was putting out.

I highly recommend this cable even though it is a basic item. Its functionally delivers and its price is very hard to beat.