Profile for Skylar Hunt, esq > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Skylar Hunt, esq RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H. Figuarts Sailor Mercury "Sailor Moon" Action Figure
Price: Click here to see our price
130 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Hair is longer, May 23, 2014
It is very true that her hair is longer in the back then what is picture, the actual hair reaches about to the top of her shoulders, it really bothers me, I hate inaccuracy. Also, the hair pictures is more blue and the one I received is more of a teal, it's not blue.

If it wasnt for the hair being too long and the hair color being so off, I would easily give this a 5/5, but will have to settle with a 4/5.

Pirate Wench (Black/Burgundy;X-Large (16-18))
Pirate Wench (Black/Burgundy;X-Large (16-18))
Price: $37.40
17 used & new from $32.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, June 5, 2013
Was a little worried about the quality due to how inexpensive it was. Overall really nice and worth the $40 I spent on it.
Size: I got the 16/18 (I am a size 16) but I think a size 14 would have been better, the skirt is rather loose and the corset is too big around.
Not crazy that only the front of the corset is some kind of foam (cut a little uneven) and the back is the same fabric as the rest of the costume (the back of it is very plain).
I would recommend this to someone who needed an easy and cost efficient costume.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 1:55 PM PDT

Angel Para Bellum Vol. 1
Angel Para Bellum Vol. 1
by Nozomu Tamaki
40 used & new from $1.88

3.0 out of 5 stars A little unexpected, December 10, 2012
I picked this up solely because it was the same artist as Dance in the Vampire Bund, so the art is of course, really awesome. There is a TON of fan service throughout the entire manga.
If you've read the other reviews you know that the angels are really the angels merged with a human host and same for the demons. The writer for this (not the Vampire Bund author!) has a weird way of writing, there really isn't enough talking in this for my liking, very action based. For some reason they made a choice to have the angels be transgenders (the closest term). They look like women and have breasts but they also have a penis. So that's kinda weird since the angels themselves say they are androgynous, but look solely like a woman. The main character is super whiney, even more so then Shinji from Evangelion.

All in all, not a fan of the writing but the art is wonderful. I think the writer is what really drug this manga down.

Logitech Precision, USB Gamepad, Blue
Logitech Precision, USB Gamepad, Blue
5 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and cheap gamepad, August 6, 2012
I actually bought my gamepad on eBay for $10 new, but it is an awesome controller. Works perfect if you're looking to play games that don't require a joystick. It's lightweight and all the buttons work nicely, no sticking or having to push too hard. No need to download drivers, I just plugged mine in and it worked =) I am using Windows 7, by the way, and most people talk of having to download drivers for most gamepads to work with 7, so it was nice not to have to do that.
Will update later to say how well it holds up =)

All-Star Superman
All-Star Superman
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Long time Super fan, June 21, 2012
I have been a fan of Superman most my life and this movie was pretty awesome compared to past Superman animated films.
My husband had been reading All Star Superman comic and really wanted to watch this movie so we bought it. He said
the only trouble he had was them leaving out a few parts of the story that would have been really funny to watch.
Honestly I felt a little choked up near the end, it was really touching if you have been a fan a long time and
dont like to think of your hero being able to die.

I would have given 5 stars but Tim Daly did not voice for this Superman and they left out some good stuff.

Fantastic Adventures of Unico
Fantastic Adventures of Unico
DVD ~ June Foray
Price: $16.34
27 used & new from $9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cute, May 30, 2012
Im a pretty big Osamu Tezuka fan and when I found out about Unico I wanted badly to see this anime. Sadly it seemed I could only find it in English Dub and was VERY excited to hear about this being re-released in both Dub and Sub.
Unico must be the cutest thing I have ever laid my eyes upon. And given that it is done by Sanrio (Hello Kitty), you know it has to be cute and well done.
The animation is great, voice acting is super and the overall movie is to die for.
If you can stand ridiculously cute anime then you'll love it!

10/10

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $33.85
134 used & new from $17.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Another fun Mario Game, May 21, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Video Game)
Im 24yrs old and have played almost all Mario games. And I have to say that I get tired of repeats.
While this was a fun game, it was too close to the first Mario Galaxy. You even fight bosses very identical to the first.
The thing I actually HATED about this game though, the lack of story. In the first you help rescue Peach and in the process, help Rosalina to repair the star ship and learn her back story.
Rosalina isn't in Galaxy 2, which upset me and I'm sure a lot of fans.
I don't quite understand the reasoning when people say they liked Galaxy 2 over the first. Yeah there are some cool new power-up mushrooms and neat worlds. But I have trouble liking a game that has virtually no story besides: Save the Princess.
Needless to say, my husband and I disliked this game enough that after trying to get our moneys worth and collecting all stars plus bonus stars, we sold it.

Telebrands  Orgreenic Frying Pan, 10 "
Telebrands Orgreenic Frying Pan, 10 "
Offered by Layke Madyson
Price: $14.25
43 used & new from $13.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pan, March 11, 2012
Bought this pan the other day from Wal-Mart and was wondering how well it would work.
It is definitely better then any other non-stick pan I have ever bought and my food doesn't stick to the pan, everything I have cooked has come right out.

Items I have tried are:
Omelets-came out perfect
fried eggs-failed
sauce-no sticking/burning
chicken-cooked evenly and fast
yellow peppers and mushrooms-perfect

Washing it was really easy, it says not to use in a dishwasher but it cleaned out way better then a regular non-stick. I don't like Teflon either so this makes me feel better.

Fried eggs are hard to make in this pan without using any butter, but the commercial does say little to no oil/butter/fats, not "you'll never need to use oil or fat again."
We even put away our George Foreman Grill after buying this, I recommend it =)

PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
Offered by Amazing Lightning Deals
Price: $254.00
131 used & new from $125.53

3.0 out of 5 stars My opinion, February 23, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have not bought one of these, so this review is stating why I haven't and will not for a long time buy a Vita.

First thing I'd like to say is that it only reminds me of a 1 screen Nintendo DS. Touch Screen is nothing new, Nintendo has been doing it since 2007 or so. And the gyroscopic, yeah, the 3DS does that too, and it wouldn't cost you $250. Oh and the 3ds ...is 3D which is something that the Vita doesnt have.

So what if Vita has some awesome processor, the memory cards are really expensive. Sales in Japan have already dropped dramatically so it will probably have a large price cut within the next couple months, then maybe, maybe, I'll buy one.

Yeah Im more of a Nintendo fan but I do own a PSP and to be honest the PSP isn't a lot of fun for me, Ive tried playing the fighting games and a couple rpgs(Blaz Blue, Darkstalkers, Final Fantasy Tactics,Hakuoki,MGS).
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2012 7:36 PM PST

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Price: $19.87
49 used & new from $14.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Visual Novel/Puzzle Gamer, February 20, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
999 is a visual novel for the most part. And as the name implies, it is like a graphic novel. People talk and everything they say is put as text on the screen, sadly this game lacks voice acting, which would have made me like it more. So if you don't want to spend hours reading text, this game probably isn't for you.

Last night I played this game for two hours and little happened. It was really the first part of the game, you chose to go into Room 5 or 4. Now if you're not great at math (like me) it doesn't matter, if you get something wrong Junpei will usually correct you =) A lot of the puzzles seem to revolve around the root numbers. Example: 4+1=(5+9)=14... 1+4 =5, get it? So far the puzzles I've seen have required finding that root single number.

(Small spoiler) Each person is wearing a 'bracelet" with a number and that determines who and how many people will go with you into a room.

I do like the mystery and I guess that's why I am trying to play this game, though if you have a super weak stomach and don't like any type of gore descriptions beware. Before the first door there is such a scene, also, one person likes to swear quite a lot.

It IS annoying to touch something and have Junpei (you) or your fellow captives talk forever about something. And yes, EACH and EVERY time you touch something text pops up. The only time you can save your game is during the 'Story' phase, when you're not in your 'touch' mode. I haven't done this (stupid me) but there is more than one save slot so I guess if you went to Room 5 to start you could have saved prior in a different spot so you could have your other file be Room 4. Thus making it easier so you wouldn't have to replay the entire intro to go back and see what the other room held.

I don't know what else to say about this game. It isn't anything really new. It's a touch and find puzzle game with a LOT of talking. It just reminds me of something you can get from bigfishgames, but for your DS.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3