Profile for Terry Lombardo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Terry Lombardo RSS Feed (Olympia, WA United States)

Seal-A-Meal VS107 Vacuum Food Sealer, White
Seal-A-Meal VS107 Vacuum Food Sealer, White
Offered by Grady's Online
Price: $51.18
7 used & new from $29.95

2.0 out of 5 stars If it doesn't seal, it's nearly useless & IT DOESN'T SEAL!, February 28, 2012
I was very enthused when I saw Amazon offering the Seal-A-Meal at a price I considered a good value.
Though the plastic bags are expensive, they go on sale occasionally.
Being able to freeze food in a bag with air sealed out and to cook foods sous-vide require a reliable air-tight seal.
I repeatedly tried the Seal-A-Meal following the instructions carefully.
Every time there were gaps in the seal. As soon as the sealer was opened, air would re-enter the bag.
So, for freezing it was no better than a zip-lock bag. For sous-vide cooking it would be a disaster.
I'm really disappointed.

Bantam New College Italian/English Dictionary (Bantam New College Dictionary Series)
by Robert C. Melzi
Price: $5.94
165 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the Kindle edition?, May 23, 2011
An outstanding value. Italian-English AND English-Italian unlike some. I use Harper Collins Sansoni Italian Unabridged for really serious work. But it weighs 5-1/2 pounds! The Bantam can't be beat for its size. I have used this dictionary for years; the pages have yellowed and the binding is failing and I want to replace it. I was anxiously awaiting the promised Kindle version. It would address my failing binding and yellowing pages. Plus I could increase the font size and use it as my primary Kindle dictionary when reading Italian books. But Bantam has delayed indefinitely or abandoned the (until recently) promised Kindle edition. What a disappointment.

Sennheiser EH-150 Dynamic Sound Evolution Hi-Fi Stereo Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by IsaacTronics
5 used & new from $82.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended. Size is indeed the problem., June 12, 2009
I bought the EH-150 after reading the reviews. I noted that the only significant problem appeared to be tightness. Since I have a small head (6-7/8), it seemed to be worth trying. I am not a critical audiophile so the sound is great. But I have very small ear canals that close if there is any pressure on my ears. That is why I was looking for circumaural headphones. Stores typically have only their most expensive headphones on display so you can try them on. Regrettably the EH-150 ear space is too shallow and too small. The pressure closes my ear canals and I get a muffled sound. These are likely to be comfortable only on people with very small ears and heads. The good news is that Amazon had refurbs available at a great price. So, I am not out much.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN BE WORTH EVERY CENT, December 12, 2007
Puget Sounders of four decades, we recently returned from a year in Nebraska where the winters are much colder but bright. The impact of our familiar gloom was depressing.
The Day Light was just the remedy we needed. And Amazon had the best price. But be careful. Amazon offered three very different prices from three venders. You should be able to get one with tax and shipping for under $150. And it will be worth every cent.