ARRAY(0xa7501078)

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

The Story of Ferdinand
The Story of Ferdinand
by Munro Leaf
Price: $13.79
160 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray, still in print!, April 19, 2010
This review is from: The Story of Ferdinand (Hardcover)
Most of my childhood belongings were lost when my parents moved back to Britain and one of the few items which I missed (and still do miss) the most was my Ferdinand book. I remember reading this when I was about six years old and I empathised greatly with the main character. I'm happy to see it on sale, so I shall buy myself a copy and one for my nephew who is six years old this year.

Mechanika: Creating the Art of Science Fiction with Doug Chiang
Mechanika: Creating the Art of Science Fiction with Doug Chiang
by Doug Chiang
Price: $14.40
34 used & new from $7.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, July 15, 2009
While this isn't an in depth book on drawing, it does give some useful advice on how you can start to go about creating your own work, using the book as a reference guide. Written by someone with a lot of experience of working in a professional environment, Doug talks about some of the basic principles for producing good work. Always encouraging to see that something which looks difficult and complex started out as a modest sketch. If you're going to be able to draw as well as this you need to spend a fair bit of time doing normal observational drawing, Doug has an excellent eye for form and perspective. You don't get this good just from working from photos or spending all your time in Photoshop.